Chapter 17: Finding the cave.
103 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [Litrpg]

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 17: Finding the cave.

_________________________________

Sunset was completed as moonlight illuminated the forest.

"Roar."

"Roar."

Ferocious roars echoed once in a while.

Lei Chang and Xu Long switched in between to keep a watch at night while one sleeps.

Lin Hua, Lin Mao, Mu Guo, Chu Li, and Lin Ha's teams also followed the same method as Lei Chang; one watched over while others slept and switched places after one hour.

But sadly, Lin Rui's team couldn't sleep due to being too cold.

Time passed by, and the sun rose up, making the temperature rise.

"Achoo."

"Achoo."

Lin Rui's team members caught a cold due to getting drenched in the rain, and they spent the entire cold night without any cover. There was almost no difference from the first day. Lin Rui's team went to search for shelter and water.

Lin Ha's team went to search for food and water.

Other teams found the water source, so they went to hunt animals for exp and food.

Lei Chang and Xu Long went to search for wolves to find the chance of the original MC.

Soon, ten days passed by.

Lei Chang's team. ------

"How much more time will it take?" Xu Long asked, feeling tired from searching all these ten days.

They spent the entire time searching; they didn't even hunt for food.

The deer king had provided enough meat for ten days.

They only ate a small amount of meat to maintain their strength, filling just 30%–40% of their stomachs.

"Don't worry, we will find them. Also, we have to hunt today for meat as we completed the deer meat." Lei Chang said, looking at the empty wooden box.

Xu Long made one wooden box for storing meat, while Lei Chang made another for water.

Mist villagers' elders taught kids many things to survive in the wild, which also included the method of preserving meat for a long time.

Everyone learned that it is better to expose water to the sun and heat the water before drinking.

They spent the entire morning searching; the sun was shining brightly on top of their heads.

"It's too hot." Xu Long said, drinking water from the wooden container, which was in the shape of a bottle.

'How long will it take to find that cave?' Lei Chang thought, feeling a little anxious as there were only twenty days remaining.

Suddenly, he spotted a sheep being hunted by a wolf 120 meters away.

"Fatty, there." Lei Chang said, pointing to the wolf.

"It looks like we found it." Xu Long said excitedly; he couldn't wait to get into the cave.

They hid between the trees and silently looked over as the wolf killed the sheep.

It didn't eat the sheep. Instead, it looked around, and then it ate the sheep, and after that, it left.

They silently followed the wolf.

After following for a long time, they spotted a cave.

"Is that the cave we are searching for?" Xu Long asked silently, looking at the cave in front.

"It is the cave." Lei Chang confirmed, looking at the wolf inside the cave, which was much bigger than any wolf that he had seen in his life.

[ One-horned Wolf

Low-level Ferocious Beast

Rank 1 Low-level

{Rank 0 status}

 HP: 2100/2100

 Strength: 1005

 Agility: 102

 Defence: 950

 Constitution: 210

 Vitality: 120 ]

"Then what are we waiting for?" Xu Long asked excitedly, rubbing his hands.

"Not now." Lei Chang said, rejecting him from entering the cave.

"Why?" Xu Long asked, feeling confused.

"Don't forget. Coach is following us silently." Lei Chang said, leaving the area.

"Yes, Coach!" Xu Long remembered and followed Lei Chang back to the treehouse silently.

"What are you searching for these days? They didn't even hunt the animals." Coach Zhu muttered, feeling confused by their behaviour.

In the treehouse. -----

They were eating the fox meat that Lei Chang had hunted along the way.

"How should we enter the cave if a coach follows us?" Xu Long asked, feeling that he was not good at planning.

"We just need to wait." Lei Chang said with a smile, remembering the survival trial from the novel.

This survival trial is not an ordinary trial like kids believe; on the fifteenth day of survival, all the animals will be called into a certain place by the Mist Village elder.

Coaches will also leave for that place, as there will be no ferocious animals that can threaten kids.

'It would be the best time to enter the cave.' Lei Chang thought.

He didn't want Coach to enter the cave with them while finding that chance, as Coach would take spiritual objects from them and hand them over to the village chief.

But he needs that chance more than anyone else; if he gets stronger, he can hand over thousands of spiritual objects similar to the ones that are in a cave.

So, this is why he doesn't want to take that chance out in front of the coach!

-----

Coach Zhu looked at the cave doubtfully; he had seen Lei Chang and Xu Long looking around all these days.

Although Coach Zhu didn't know what they were searching for, he thought he might check out that cave.

He came close to the cave and took a look inside; to his surprise, he spotted that there were more than forty wolves and one rank 1 monster.

'A rank one monster?' Coach Zhu thought while being shocked, as there should be no monsters in the Mist Mountain Forest.

This is also why survival trials are freely conducted, as there is no danger of monsters.

'Should I kill it?' Coach Zhu thought, deciding to kill the monster and leave the wolves alive.

He didn't waste time after deciding; he entered the cave and smashed the one-horned wolf into pieces with just one punch.

[ Ding! Vital hit

-5000 HP

You killed the one-horned wolf

You gained 5 Exp ]

"Roarrr." All the wolves roared weakly in fear, looking at their king, who was smashed into pieces.

'There might be something in here.' Coach Zhu decided to take a look around the cave.

After a few moments, he stood at the entrance of the cave.

'There was nothing in the cave, so what did Xiao Chang and Xiao Long search for?' Coach Zhu did not understand the behaviour of Lei Chang and Xu Long.

In the treehouse. ---

'Coach should have entered the cave by now and removed the major threats for us.' Lei Chang thought with a smile.

He didn't think that he could hide the things they did these days, so he bluntly showed the cave.

Indeed, there is a chance within the cave, but it is deeply concealed; only with the help of the plot armour in the novel did the original MC take it.

The day passed by, and the sky turned dark.

"Roarr."

Xu Long was watching over from the top, looking around so that the treehouse wouldn't be damaged by animals, as some are capable of climbing the tree.

"Roarr."

A tiger has appeared in Xu Long's vision; it is capable of climbing a tree!

[ Grey Tiger

{Mortal Level}

 HP: 500/500

 Strength: 52

 Agility: 24

 Defence: 48 

 Constitution: 50

 Vitality: 24 ]

Xu Long checked its status and his status to check whether he needed Lei Chang's help.

[ Name: Xu Long

 Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

 HP: 200/200

 Strength: 52 (+3) 

 Agility: 27

 Defence: 42

 Constitution: 20

 Vitality: 21 ]

Xu Long took a knife from his pocket and threw it while aiming at the tiger's eye when it was within 75 meters.

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Knife Throwing Technique' ]

Swoop!

"Roarr." The knife pierced the tiger's eye. The tiger lost its right eye.

[ Ding! Critical Hit

-150 HP

Bleeding affect.

-2 HP per minute ]

The tiger roared and rushed toward Xu Long in anger.

He held three knives in one hand and another three knives in the other hand. Then he threw six knives at once, aiming at the tiger.

Swoop!

Swoop!

Swoop!

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Knife Throwing Technique' ]

[ Ding! -70 HP ]

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Knife Throwing Technique' ]

[ Ding! -70 HP ]

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Knife Throwing Technique' ]

[ Ding! -70 HP ]

------

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Knife Throwing Technique' ]

[ Ding! -70 HP ]

[ Ding! You killed the Grey Tiger

You gained 1 Exp ]

Lei Chang and Xu Long encountered many attacks at night, but they killed them easily.

However, they didn't dare to collect the dead bodies for meat at night because doing so would require them to leave the protective range of the talisman, which they didn't want to do.

Xu Long has overcome his fear of ferocious animals with the help of Lei Chang.

In the case of Lei Chang, he asked his father and brother to bring a ferocious animal alive so that he could kill it and conquer his fear.

As requested, Lei Chang's brother brought a tiger alive. He trained with that tiger to overcome his fear. For a body-tempering realm expert, catching a tiger alive is really easy.

Not just them, almost all teams encountered an attack from animals at night once in a while, but due to staying alert at night, they counter-killed it.

Soon, five days passed by. -----

Elder Ning stood in the center of Mist Mountain Forest with two coaches nearby.

"I will begin." Elder Ning said calmly, starting to play the flute.

The sweet melody echoed throughout the Mist Mountain Forest.

"Roar."

Hearing this melody, almost all the animals started to run towards Elder Ning.

Meanwhile, all the coaches who listened to this melody knew that it was time to leave the kids on their own.

In the treehouse. ----

Coach Zhu appeared in front of Lei Chang and Xu Long.

"Coach Zhu." Lei Chang and Xu Long greeted the coach.

"Now, you are on your own, as I will leave." Coach Zhu said, accepting Lei Chang and Xu Long's greeting.

"Why Coach?" Xu Long asked, not understanding the reason for Coach Zhu to leave.

"Because now only ghosts can threaten you. And the first fifteen days were just the easy part." Coach Zhu said smilingly, thinking that these kids would face more difficulties from now on.

"What do you…" Xu Long wanted to ask for more, but Coach Zhu left after patting their shoulders.

Coaches would leave kids after fifteen days so that they could finally understand the actual difficulty of survival.

Before, some kids like Lin Gu believed that coaches would protect them and went on without fear, which can no longer continue.

Lei Chang removed a talisman from his back and looked at it.

The talisman was transparent, almost invisible to the eye. So, kids wouldn't know that there was a talisman on their bodies.

"What is that?" Xu Long asked, looking at the talisman in Lei Chang's hands.

"A normal talisman." Lei Chang said, cutting him off from knowing much.

Before coaches left, they placed a rank 1 low-level barrier talisman on kids for emergencies.

Bloom! Bloom!

They came out of the treehouse, listening to the sound.

"Whoa!" Xu Long was shocked, looking at the batch of different kinds of animals running in a certain direction.

There are hundreds of animals running together, like an army.

"Fatty, let's kill three big animals so that we can eat." Lei Chang said, pointing to the three big ones running in the group.

"Okay." Xu Long agreed, taking out the knives from his bag.

[ White Fox King

{Mortal Level}

 HP: 480/480

 Strength: 42

 Agility: 26

 Defence: 38 

 Constitution: 48

 Vitality: 25 ]

----

[ Mountain bear

{Mortal Level}

 HP: 500/500

 Strength: 53

 Agility: 21

 Defence: 48 

 Constitution: 50

 Vitality: 25 ]

----

[ Mountain Sheep King

{Mortal Level}

 HP: 420/420

 Strength: 24

 Agility: 26

 Defence: 22 

 Constitution: 42

 Vitality: 26 ]

-----

[ Name: Lei Chang

 Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

 HP: 240/240

 Strength: 65 (+4)

 Agility: 34 (-2)

 Defence: 57 

 Constitution: 24

 Vitality: 23 ]

Lei Chang nocked three arrows on the bow and aimed at the white fox king.

Swoop!

Swoop!

Swoop!

He released the bowstring as arrows rushed towards the target. One arrow pierced the fox's head, and the other two pierced its lower legs.

[ Ding! You used the 'Multiple Shoot' ]

[ Ding! 

-310 HP

-310 HP 

-310 HP

You killed the White Fox King

You gained 1 Exp ]

The body of the white fox king fell to the ground, but the other animals didn't care and rushed out by stepping on its dead body.

He once again nocked three arrows and released them, aiming at the mountain bear.

End of the chapter.______________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

4