Chapter 18: Killing the Wolves.
110 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [Litrpg].

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 18: Killing the Wolves.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

[ Ding! You used the 'Multiple Shoot' ]

[ Ding! 

-310 HP

-310 HP 

-310 HP

You killed the White Fox King

You gained 1 Exp ]

The body of the white fox king fell to the ground, but the other animals didn't care and rushed out by stepping on its dead body.

He once again nocked three arrows and released them, aiming at the mountain bear.

[ Ding! You used the 'Multiple Shoot' ]

Swoop!

Swoop!

Swoop!

One arrow pierced the bear's eye, another pierced the bear's stomach, and the final one pierced through the bear's ear, killing it.

[ Ding!

-210 HP 

-210 HP

-210 HP

You killed a mountain bear

You gained 1 exp ]

Xu Long, on the other side, threw two knives at once, aiming at the mountain sheep king.

Swoop! Swoop!

Two knives hit the target and killed the sheep.

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Knife Throwing Technique' ]

[ Ding! 

-340 HP

-340 HP 

You killed the mountain sheep king

You gained 1 exp ]

These animals didn't care about the mountain bear's death or the mountain sheep king's death; they ran over them by stepping on their dead bodies.

"Good." Xu Long felt satisfied with their hunt.

Unlike fixed RPG restrictions, this is the real world, so the defence stat doesn't apply to the entire body.

The eyes, ears, throat, and many other weak points do exist within living beings. A hit in that spot can sometimes guarantee one hit kill within the same realm.

Those one-hit kills are mostly described as vital hits. Critical hits are those attacks that deal greater damage than they actually should due to precise control or hitting in a weak spot but couldn't kill them.

Lei Chang and Xu Long could only collect a small amount of meat from each animal's body as their bodies were smashed into pieces.

Soon, they cooked some meat after cleaning it, and other meat was dried under the sun by applying some unique leaves for preservation.

'Soon, the battle for food will begin among these kids.' Lei Chang thought while eating.

Mist Village elders made survival trial by mimicking the real conditions. Elder Ning called out these animals to create a situation like a lack of resources. Here, the resource is food.

This is to test the kids on what they would do.

kill their fellow villagers? Survive together? Steal the resource?

It all depends on kids' actions. 

Parents and elders desire that their children develop the ability to confront such situations in their future lives. Therefore, the shortage of resources was intentionally kept hidden from the children, as it was intended to catch them off guard. ----

"This.." All the teams were shocked, looking at the group of animals running in a certain direction.

Mu Guo, Lin Mao, and other kids who were interested in gaining exp also backed down as there were many animals together. 

If they want to kill, then they have to reach near it to kill, but there are almost hundreds of animals running together.

Lin Mao, Mu Guo, and others will be run over by animals, resulting in a painful death.

Lei Chang and Xu Long used long-range weapons to kill, so there was no problem. Only Lin An was capable of reaching their level in the long range, but Lin Hua's team already had the meat, so she didn't want to kill more.

------

Soon, a day passed by. 

Lei Chang and Xu Long prepared the required materials, meat, and water in wooden containers as they rushed to the cave.

When the sun shone over their heads, they reached the cave.

They stood on a tree which is almost a hundred meters away from the cave.

Swoop!

Lei Chang's arrow landed in front of the cave.

"Woooo."

A huge roar echoed from the cave as more than forty wolves were out of it.

'Looks like Coach Zhu left them alive.' Lei Chang thought while deciding to kill these wolves.

These wolves won't allow him to enter their cave, much less take things from the cave. 

He doesn't want to kill anyone without purpose, but now he has a purpose, which is to get that chance from the cave.

This is survival of the fittest; the strong take all from the weak! 

If there was a chance, Lei Chang wouldn't want to kill that many, but he cannot influence those wolves.

"Wooo." Wolves rushed towards them angrily after spotting them.

They won't forget that a human killed their king. They decided to kill any human they spotted.

[ Grey Wolf

 {Mortal Level}

 HP: 210/210

 Strength: 21

 Agility: 25

 Defence: 18 

 Constitution: 21

 Vitality: 20 ]

----

[ Grey Wolf

 {Mortal Level}

 HP: 200/200

 Strength: 22

 Agility: 23

 Defence: 18 

 Constitution: 20

 Vitality: 24 ]

----

[ Grey Wolf

 {Mortal Level}

 HP: 190/190

 Strength: 22

 Agility: 25

 Defence: 18 

 Constitution: 19

 Vitality: 23 ]

-------

----

[ Grey Wolf

 {Mortal Level}

 HP: 220/220

 Strength: 26

 Agility: 27

 Defence: 22 

 Constitution: 22

 Vitality: 25 ]

 

Seeing how the wolves were running towards them to take their lives strengthened Lei Chang's will to kill them.

"Crazy Chang, should we kill them all?" Xu Long asked, taking out his knives.

"Okay, let's kill them." Lei Chang said, taking a deep breath as he felt that he didn't have any other choice.

Lei Chang doesn't want to kill because he will face a major problem while entering a realm that is related to cause and effect, the fate itself, which is long, long away from him, but there is another problem that could affect him immediately.

Each individual had an indication on their status panel. When they encountered a being who had killed many members of their species, they received a notification. If they managed to kill such a killer, it was considered revenge for their species, and they would gain the total worth of that being.

This meant that all the experience they had earned in their life, their entire energy, would be converted into experience points (exp) upon killing the perpetrator, unlike normal, where it's around 2%.

This implied that heavy killers of one species would be a tempting target for that species, which Lei Chang didn't want to become.

Once anyone spots such a delicious treat, they won't leave until they kill the target, which deters many beings from taking so many lives. 

These rules were set by the heavens deliberately to prevent individuals from becoming killers solely for the sake of gaining exp. 

'I have to get stronger.' Lei Chang thought that he had to take many lives if he wasn't strong.

If Lei Chang was stronger, wolves wouldn't even dare stand up in front of him, and he could easily take that chance away.

He took three arrows and nocked on his bow, aiming at the wolves.

Xu Long took out six knives from his bag and aimed them at the wolves.

Swoop!

Swoop!

Swoop!

Lei Chang released the bowstring as arrows rushed towards the wolves.

Xu Long threw the knives as they rushed towards the wolves.

Lei Chang's arrows and Xu Long's knives pierced through the wolves' heads.

[ Ding! You used 'Multiple shoot' ]

[Ding! 

Vital Hit 

-220 HP

You killed the grey wolf 

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

----

[ Ding! You used 'Multiple shoot' ]

[Ding! 

Vital Hit 

-220 HP

You killed the grey wolf 

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

----

[ Ding! You used 'Multiple shoot' ]

[Ding! Vital Hit 

-220 HP

You killed the grey wolf 

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

----

------

[ Ding! You used 'Multiple shoot' ]

[ Ding! Vital Hit 

-220 HP

You killed the grey wolf 

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-----

---

 

[ Ding! You used 'Multiple shoot' ]

[Ding! 

Vital Hit 

-220 HP

You killed the grey wolf 

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

By the time the wolves had crossed 50 meters, they had already killed more than 12 of them.

Lei Chang then took a special arrow with a small, greasy liquid bag tied to it, nocked it to bow, and launched it in front of the wolves.

Swoop!

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Archery' ]

Arrow wasn't aimed at the wolves.

"Wooo." Wolves didn't care about the arrow and ran towards Lei Chang and Xu Long like usual by jumping over the arrow.

Lei Chang took out the arrow with a wooden tip, rubbed it on the tree sharply, generating a little spark on the tip, nocked it on the bow, and launched it, aiming at the small bag of greasy liquid.

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Archery' ]

Swoop!

The arrow struck the oily sack, igniting a massive fire that engulfed the nearby wolves as well as those above it.

[ Ding! -100 HP ]

----

[ Ding! -100 HP ]

----

[ Ding! -100 HP ]

 

"WOoo." Wolves fell to the ground, roaring in pain. This allowed Lei Chang and Xu Long to gain more time as the wolves were stopped in their tracks.

They didn't waste this opportunity.

They killed the wolves with arrows and knives.

[ Ding! You used 'Multiple shoot' ]

[Ding! Vital Hit 

-220 HP

You killed the grey wolf 

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

----

[ Ding! You used 'Multiple shoot' ]

[Ding! Vital Hit 

-220 HP

You killed the grey wolf 

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-------

----

[ Ding! You used 'Multiple shoot' ]

[Ding! Vital Hit 

-220 HP

You killed the grey wolf 

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

------

Six wolves were luckily far from the flame, remaining uninjured. They arrived at the tree and roared, looking at Lei Chang and Xu Long, who were standing on a branch of a large tree.

They didn't care about the barking wolves; instead, they killed all the wolves injured by the flames.

"Crazy Chang, why did you stop?" Xu Long asked, as Lei Chang stopped taking arrows out.

'Should I kill them with a bow or train my close combat?' Lei Chang thought, looking at the wolves roaring below the tree.

Xu Long didn't bother Lei Chang but started to play with the wolves below.

"Wooo."

"Wolfff."

Wo-olf."

"…"

Lei Chang looked at the cave and decided to kill them off with his bow, as he could train his close combat skills with that big wolf, but if it was not alive, he considered it bad luck.

"Fatty, kill them like the rest." Lei Chang said, looking at Xu Long, who was playing with wolves by making weird expressions.

Swoop!

Swoop!

Lei Chang and Xu Long killed them as well, like others.

"Let's go." Lei Chang said, waving to Xu Long while going down.

Lei Chang and Xu Long arrived close to the cave, and when Xu Long wanted to enter the cave, Lei Chang stopped him from entering.

"What's wrong?" Xu Long asked doubtfully, as he couldn't wait to enter the cave.

Lei Chang took a rock and threw it randomly into the cave.

Boom!

The rock was the size of a palm, so it made a sound when it hit the wall in the cave.

"WOoo." A roar was heard when sound was made due to rock.

A huge wolf came out. The wolf was twice the size of a normal wolf.

Its size is the same as that of mortal wolf kings, but its strength is on a whole other level.

The wolf's fur was brown in colour and it had a big golden horn on its head.

'Just as I expected.' Lei Chang thought, looking at the big wolf.

In the original novel, the main character discovered the skeleton of a one-horned wolf in the cave. This indicated that there had been two one-horned wolves.

Lei Chang believed that there might be a slight chance that one of the two one-horned wolves would be alive even if Coach Zhu killed one of them. 

Just as Lei Chang expected, one of the two one-horned wolves went to hunt for food when Coach Zhu entered the cave.

Due to the presence of this one-horned wolf, this group of wolves stayed unaffected by the flute of Elder Ning, and Elder Ning didn't use her strength.

The one-horned wolf was staying in the cave, neglecting everything due to sadness.

Its partner just died. So, it didn't care about anything, even when the sounds echoed from outside, it stayed silent.

But when Lei Chang threw the rock inside the cave, it got very angry and rushed out.

[ One-horned Wolf

Rank 1: Low-level

{Ferocious beast}

{Rank 0 status} 

 HP: 2100/2100

 Strength: 1005

 Agility: 102

 Defence: 950

 Constitution: 210

 Vitality: 120 ]

Lei Chang looked at the status of the one-horned wolf.

End of the chapter. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

4