Chapter 20: Exp Orbs
104 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [Litrpg].
Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.
Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.
Chapter 20: Exp Orbs.
___________________________________________________________
“What were those lights?” Xu Long asked doubtfully, seeing Lei Chang coming towards him.

“That was Dao Skill 'Staff Meaning', 'Speed Meaning'. And the white light on your hands was the 'Strength Meaning'.” Lei Chang said truthfully and signalled Xu Long to follow him.

“What is the meaning? Does it increase your strength?” Xu Long asked doubtfully, scratching his head while following Lei Chang into the cave.

“Meaning, it is acquired by comprehending something, it can be wind, sword, or staff. Anything in the heavens can be used for comprehending 'Meaning'. Meaning is part of heaven.”

“Comprehending ‘Meaning’ means one has stepped into the path of Dao.”

“Even though 'Meaning' is the lowest of Dao, it is Dao! So, it grants a significant amount of boost.” Lei Chang explained as they entered the cave.

“Dao. Does that mean I entered the path of Dao?” Xu Long asked in disbelief as everyone longed for Dao, and he heard that even powerful cultivation experts themselves couldn’t get a glimpse of Dao. Now, here he entered the path of Dao.

He quickly went from sadness to joy; he believed that if he told everyone in Mist Village that he comprehended meaning, everyone would praise him as a hero; just that thought would bring a huge smile to his face.

“Yes, as I said, comprehending ‘Meaning’ means you have entered the path of Dao. The first step in mastering Dao.” Lei Chang said while laughing, as he felt Xu Long’s expressions were funny, and he was also happy for him because ‘Meaning’ gives a tremendous boost to combat powers.

All cultivators want to master and use the Dao, but they can’t, even after training for their entire lives. Many have reached powerful levels of cultivation, but even then, they couldn’t get a glimpse of Dao. This is also the reason why future generations would say that Xu Long’s actual cultivation began from here, whereas Lei Chang’s is from his childhood, as he already wielded multiple types of ‘Meaning’ in this battle.
“By the way, others cannot see 'Meaning’ until they themselves have comprehended a ‘Meaning’.” Lei Chang said, explaining the major doubt of Xu Long.

“That means.” Xu Long’s mouth was opened in shock as his plan to show off Dao had failed.

Lei Chang laughed, seeing Xu Long’s reaction. He purposefully said that so that Xu Long wouldn’t make a fool of himself while trying to show off something that others could not see.
They reached the end of the cave in their discussion.

“There isn’t anything in the cave?” Xu Long asked doubtfully, returning to a normal state and completely forgetting the sense of powerlessness he had before.

‘As expected, Coach Zhu shouldn’t have found anything like us.’ Lei Chang thought, while looking around the cave and sighing, that the plot armour was quite extraordinary.

Lei Chang just walked to the edge at the end of the cave and stomped his feet.

Boom!

The ground cracked open, making a huge hole.
He fell into the hole along with Xu Long, who was just behind.
In the novel, when the original MC came into the cave, a rock fell from the top, creating a crater.
The wolves stayed in the cave for years, but they didn’t get the opportunity!
“Ahh, why did you do that?” Xu Long shouted while trying to swim in the air to balance himself.
They fell into the water.
‘Looks like this is it.’ Lei Chang thought as he swam up.
They swam to the big rock and climbed onto it.
The pit into which they fell was over 100 meters deep, 25 meters wide, and filled with water and scattered rocks.
The pit had some small stones that were shining. Due to their brightness, the hole wasn’t dark.
“I am feeling dizzy; what’s going on?” Xu Long asked; his voice was shaky.
Lei Chang turned to look at Xu Long, hearing him.
His body was shaking, and his nose was bleeding. He couldn’t stand properly, and he started to lose balance.
Lei Chang ran towards him and caught him as he fainted, closing his eyes.
‘As expected of such powerful innate ability.’ Lei Chang thought, placing him on the rock.
He didn’t understand why Xu Long innate ability’s side effect was not mentioned in the novel.

There are some powerful innate abilities that harm the body upon activation due to possessing insane power.

Some innate abilities are named’ Forbidden abilities,’ as they can cause a user’s death upon activation.

[ Name: Xu Long

State: Mental power overdraft ]

Lei Chang relaxed after confirming that he was just unconscious.

Then, right away, he threw him into the water below and looked around.

‘There it is.’ A smile appeared on his face when he spotted a small tree with fifteen fruits on the small rock in the right corner. He quickly swam towards them and took the fruits.

The fruits were white in colour with some red dots and were half palm-sized.

They are Rank 1 peak spiritual fruit. Red-marked cherry!

He jumped onto the big rock nearby and sat cross-legged. Next, he ate three fruits in one bite.

Lei Chang’s body turned red due to excess energy; his refining speed cannot compare to the energy that red marked-carry is releasing in the body, but his supreme body absorbed the excess energy for itself.

[ Physique: ‘Heavenly Tyrant Body’ {Supreme}

+0.5 Exp

Exp: 364.666/1000 ]

[ Ding! You absorbed and refined the Red-marked cherry

You gained 1 exp ]

----

[ Physique: ‘Heavenly Tyrant Body’ {Supreme}

+0.5 Exp

Exp: 365.166/1000 ]

[ Ding! You absorbed and refined the Red-marked cherry

You gained 1 exp ]

----

[ Physique: ‘Heavenly Tyrant Body’ {Supreme}

+0.5 Exp

Exp: 365.666/1000 ]

[ Ding! You absorbed and refined the Red-marked cherry

You gained 1 exp ]

--------

Lei Chang once again ate three fruits in one bite.

----

[ Physique: ‘Heavenly Tyrant Body’ {Supreme}

+0.5 Exp

Exp: 366.166/1000 ]

[ Ding! You absorbed and refined the Red-marked cherry

You gained 1 exp ]

-----

-------

[ Physique: ‘Heavenly Tyrant Body’ {Supreme}

+0.5 Exp

Exp: 371.166/1000 ]

[ Ding! You absorbed and refined the Red-marked cherry

You gained 1 exp ]

Lei Chang finished refining all the fruits; refining means digesting the energy.

His supreme body helped him refine the red-marked cheery. If an ordinary person were to eat a rank 1 peak-level spiritual object, then their body would burst open due to excess energy since their body wouldn’t be able to refine at the speed at which their body is gaining energy due to peak-level spiritual fruit.

That is why spiritual fruits are classified according to the realm required to refine them.

For instance, Rank 2 spiritual fruit can only be eaten by Rank 2 experts. If the Rank 3 expert eats the Rank 2 spiritual fruit, then there would be no effect due to the low exp. If the Rank 1 expert eats the Rank 2 spiritual fruit, then that person would be seriously injured or dead.

Each rank is subdivided into low, mid, high, and peak. Each is for three stages, respectively.

His supreme body was like a dryland getting rain; hence, he was able to handle the excess energy.

After refining the energy, he checked his exp bank.

[ Exp Bank: 618.4 ]

‘A little more exp.’ Lei Chang thought and jumped into the water below.

He continued to look around and search for something in the water.

Finally, after a few hours, he spotted a grey bag floating in a corner.

Happily, he took the bag and placed his hands in it. The bag was like a black hole; his entire hand entered the bag with no problem.

It is a spirit bag!

He took five dark blue orbs from the bag; these orbs were very small, similar in size to candy.

[ Ding!

Do you want to use rank 1 peak-level exp orb?

Yes or No ]

----

[ Ding!

Do you want to use rank 1 peak-level exp orb?

Yes or No ]

--------

----

[ Ding!

Do you want to use rank 1 peak-level exp orb?

Yes or No ]

This is the actual chance of the original Mc from this cave, which allowed him to awaken his supreme body and enter the body-tempering realm.

[ Yes ]

Lei Chang clicked yes.

[ You used three rank 1 peak-level exp orbs

+1500 Exp ]

The three orbs in his hands turned into dust. He left two orbs behind, one for his brother and sister, and the last one for Xu Long. He placed the orbs back in the spirt bag and tied it to his waist.

He looked at his exp bank.

[ Exp Bank: 2118.4 ]

He added the required amount of exp to awaken his supreme body.

[ -628.834 Exp

Exp Bank: 1490.016 ]

[ Physique: ‘Heavenly Tyrant Body’ {Supreme}

+628.834

Exp: 1000/1000 ]

When Lei Chang added the exp to his supreme body, he felt something was awakened within him; something was coming into existence with him.

[ Ding! Your supreme body is awakening ]

Outside the cave. ----
When he added the exp, the sky turned pitch black, and different coloured thunder roared in the sky.
The sun, which was shining brightly in the sky, was covered by pitch black blackness.
Rumble!
Rumble!
Rumble!
The white thunder fell from the sky, then blue thunder, followed by purple thunder, gold thunder, black thunder, and finally, red thunder.
“Roarr.”
“Roar.”
“Roar.”
“Roar.”
From the pure darkness, the four divine beasts emerged, covering the sky, clearing the darkness in order, and returning the light to the world.
Azure Dragon of the East appeared!
White Tiger of the West!
Black Tortoise of the North!
Vermilion Bird of the South!

The north was filled with blue colour, the south was filled with red colour, the west was filled with white colour, and the east was filled with green colour.

The sky was divided into four sections by the divine beasts. Their pressure caused many to look at them.
"Az-ure Dr-ag-on."
“Wh-ite Tig-ger.”
"Bl-ack Tor-toise."
"Verm-mili-on Bir-d."
"..."
"...."
Many people were looking at the vision with shock; they had never seen a vision in their lives, much less a vision of divine beasts.

While the people were still shocked, a golden throne appeared in the center, suppressing all the divine beasts.
On the throne sat a golden figure, indicating authority over all and every direction. The sky was filled with brilliant golden light.
Many people immediately bowed down, due to the golden figure, thinking that it was an indication of God.

The vision continued for almost a day, allowing all superpowers to react accordingly.

Great Zhu Dynasty.
Imperial Capital, Clear Sky City.
In the imperial palace. -----
A young-looking man looked at the vision in the sky piercingly from the balcony and said with a smile “Eunuch Xu, isn’t it a powerful vision?”
“Yes, your majesty.” An old man answered while looking at the man who wore the five-clawed dragon robe.
“Even if I didn’t want to find it, it would land in my hands. Don’t you think Eunuch Lu?” The emperor Zhen Xing said with a smile, as if he had everything under his control.
“Yes, your Majesty.” Eunuch Lu said with seriousness while thinking, ‘Fool, when will you die?’
All the powers in the 'Bright Realm' quickly issued orders to their subordinates to find out the reason behind this vision.
They also issued orders to people other than their subordinates that if they were to find the reason behind this vision, they would be rewarded with a hefty amount.
While issuing the order, they also warned people that they shouldn’t hide anything; if they were to find anything, hiders and their families would be killed.
Even with orders, they couldn’t find out anything soon as the vision covered the entire realm, and there was no originating place for the vision.
Ordinary people continued to kneel and pray to the sky, believing it was the sign of God, until the vision ended.

There might be many reasons behind this vision, but many of the top powerhouses already believe that this is a treasure and that it is a very powerful treasure.
Many divination practitioners quickly began calculating with their techniques to obtain the treasure that caused this vision. They believed that they could exchange it with superpowers or keep it for themselves.
But divination practitioners stopped their divination the next moment, as they found out that they had to sacrifice their lifespan of more than 10,000 years if they wanted to find the reason behind this vision.
In the secret realm with a dark red moon. ----
The red light is illuminating the surroundings.
Two figures sat on their respective thrones. The thrones were made of bones. The thrones still have blood flowing through them. There were twelve thrones in total, indicating twelve members.
A large table was in between the thrones. This is a table meeting between ghosts.

End of the chapter.__________________________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

Is story getting boring? Please do me so that I can include some more action

5