Chapter 27: Killing Brownbrutes.
409 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [Litrpg]

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 27: Killing Brownbrutes.

___________________________________________________________________________

He never wanted to kill that many Brownbrutes, so he targeted the foxes from the beginning.

They were indeed controlled by mystic foxes, but unlike other mystic foxes, this mystic fox controlled them from the moment they were born!

Due to this, they considered this fox their parent!

And the last order given by Mystic Fox was to kill their killer at any cost.

Boom!

Boom!

Brownbrutes were brutally hitting the barrier.

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

----

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

----

---

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

“Should we kill them?” Xu Long asked, looking at the angry Brownbrutes.

‘Should I kill them or not?’ Lei Chang was thinking carefully about this decision, as it could affect him.

He didn’t want to kill them, but they weren’t leaving like he imagined.

“Okay, let’s wait.” Lei Chang said sighingly, after thinking for a long time.

“Wait?” Xu Long was surprised by Lei Chang’s decision, but he followed anyway.

Lei Chang decided to leave the lives of Brownbrutes in their own hands.

If they leave, he won’t kill them, but if they still try to force their way in, then he can only kill them all.

This is the place where many Mist Villagers would come to hunt. With over a hundred of them around and some already in the fourth stage, villagers could easily be caught off guard, leading to potential fatalities.

This is what he didn’t want to happen, so he can only kill them. It was also the major reason coaches weren’t able to save kids in the original novel; they weren't prepared for fighting that many monsters.

Both of them went back to meditating, not caring about the monsters.

Lei Chang opened his martial skill status to check out his new skill.

[ Name: Lei Chang

Martial Skill: Silent Breath (Rank 1 Peak-Level) ]

[ Silent Breath (Lv.1: Getting Started): It is a martial art that allows the user to hide their breath and presence like a silent shadow.

Exp 270/320

- Can hide realm and presence from the two above stages ]

He looked at the exp and added 50 from exp bank.

[ Exp Bank: 6410.166 

-50 ]

[ Ding! Silent Breath (Lv.1: Getting Started) levelled up to Silent Breath (Lv.2: Entry) ]

He looked at exp once again.

[ Silent Breath (Lv.2: Entry) ( Rank 1 Peak-Level):

Exp: 0/380

- Can hide realm and presence from the four above stages. ]
He quickly added exp to level it up.

[ Exp Bank: 6360.166

-50 ]

[ Ding! Silent Breath (Lv.2: Entry) levelled up to Silent Breath (Lv.3: proficient) ]

[ Silent Breath (Lv.3: Proficient) (Rank 1 Peak-Level)

Exp: 0/420

- Can hide realm and presence from the six above stages. ]
------

[ Ding! Silent Breath (Lv.4: Semi Mastery) levelled up to Silent Breath (Lv.5: Mastery) ]

[ Silent Breath (Lv.5: Mastery) (Rank 1 Peak-Level)

Exp: 0/0

- Can hide realm and presence from one above major realm. ]

He levelled it to max level.

No one would waste exp on martial arts. They would instead train it to the max level through hard work, as gaining exp is very hard.

It is because this martial art is very important that he used exp directly. If not, even he wouldn't waste exp like this. This martial art took more than 2000 exp.

Lei Chang’s face twitched looking at the exp loss. He decided to comprehend 'Meaning' to hide his realm after this, as this technique might be useless after his breakthrough to another major realm.

[ Exp Bank: 4330.166 ]

He did prepare this technique for hiding this realm beforehand. He got this technique from his brother.

He looked at the talisman in his hand; it was the second trump card, which he wanted to use in the first place.

Breath-hiding talisman!

A Rank 1 peak-level talisman.

It was a better version of silent breath, which would hide his breath and presence along with his realm, but it was for one-time use.

He didn’t expect that he would get exp from heaven's rewards, which benefited him and allowed him to max out his silent breath technique.

He could train his technique personally, but it would take a minimum of two weeks to one month. He didn’t have that much time, as coaches would inspect him when he returned.

He would have maxed out his technique if he could train before reaching the body-tempering realm, but sadly, one could only train rank 1 techniques after they reach the body-tempering realm.

In this world, all Rank 2 techniques can only be trained after one achieves blood-exchange, and Rank 3 techniques require Rank 3 cultivation, and so forth.

He quickly activated his silent breath, suppressed his sadness over losing 2000 exp and opened his status.

 [ Name: Lei Chang {⨗}

 Body Realm: Body-Tempering Realm First-Stage

 {Rank 1 Status}

 HP: 180/180 

 Strength: 12

 Agility: 10

 Defence: 9

 Constitution: 18

 Vitality: 9 ]

He looked at his status and was satisfied. He took a look at the symbol near his name and understood that it was only visible to him. It just indicates that his status was hidden.

“Fatty, check my status.” Lei Chang asked Xu Long, wanting to confirm whether his silent breath was working or not.

“Huh? Why?” Xu Long asked back with confusion, not understanding.

“I hid my realm so that everyone would believe you were on par with me." Lei Chang said smilingly, encouraging Xu Long.

Hearing that Xu Long checked his friend status.

“What? First-stage, how did you hide it?” Xu Long asked, rubbing his eyes while checking Lei Chang's status for the third time.

“I used martial art to hide.” His friend said, patting him.

“Thanks.” He said, almost holding his tears back, feeling he had a best friend.

He got a chance to show off to everyone in the village that he had entered the body-tempering realm and broke the record of the first genius of Mist Village.

But there was his friend, who was stronger and more powerful than him. Just when he felt that he had lost hope of showing off, his friend hid his realm. This made him very, very emotional.

He felt that Lei Chang was hiding his realm for him.

“Okay. Okay. Get back to training.” Lei Chang said, kicking Xu Long; he couldn’t see him holding back tears.

They both went to training.

Quickly, hours passed by. -----

Boom! Boom!

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

----

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

----

---

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

Brownbrutes didn’t stop hitting the barrier.

‘Looks like I have to kill them.’ Lei Chang thought while standing, noticing their relentless determination, indicating they wouldn't relent under any circumstances.

[ Ding! You created a gap between the 'Staff Meaning Barrier' ]

He allowed one of the Brownbrutes to come in.

“Roar.”

The Brownbrutes rushed towards him angrily.

Boom!

[ Ding! You activated Dao Skill 'Staff Meaning Lv.2: Control'

*25 Strength Boost *25 Defence Boost while holding staff ]

[ Name: Lei Chang

 Strength: 34 (↑850 )

Defence: 32 (↑800 )

Agility: 16 (↑160 ) ]

Brownbrutes appeared near him and tried to smash his head.

[ Ding! Brownbrutes used 'Strong Punch' ]

He simply turned his head and smashed its head, turning its head into paste.

[ Ding! 

 -510 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Brownbrute

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

“So, we are finally killing them?” Xu Long asked, getting powered up to fight.

[ Name: Xu Long

 { Rank 1 Status }

Strength: 11 ( ↑110 ) ]

[ Ding! You created a gap between the 'Staff Meaning Barrier' ]

This time, Lei Chang allowed two Brownbrutes inside. They aren’t first-stage Brownbrutes, but instead fourth-stage; the one he killed before was also fourth-stage.

“Rorr.”

“Roar.”

Two Brownbrutes rushed towards them like before.

[ Ding! 

 -510 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Brownbrute

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

------

[ Ding! 

 -510 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Brownbrute

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

Lei Chang took one hit to kill Brownbrute, whereas Xu Long took a lot of effort as he tried to not get a direct hit from it.

He could, in fact, take a hit, but it would break his bones and injure his internal organs. It would actually take three hits from Brownbrute to kill him. It was similar to Mystic Fox.

If he gets hit even once, then his power will fall and he cannot fight back, which is indirect death, which is why Lei Chang warned him that one hit from Mystic Fox would mean death for him.

[ Ding! You created a gap between the 'Staff Meaning Barrier' ]

Just like before, he allowed two more again.

[ Ding! 

 -510 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Brownbrute

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

Lei Chang killed Brownbrute in one hit and looked at Xu Long’s fight.

Boom! Boom!

Xu Long’s hammer and Brownbrute’s fists collided with each other.

[ Ding! 

-69 HP

441 /510 ]

They both slid back after being hit to stabilize themselves. He slid three feet, whereas Brownbrute slid five feet.

Stabilizing oneself after taking a hit also requires skill and technique. This can only be learned through battle experience.

“Roar.”

Brownbrute roared angrily and used its innate ability.

[ Ding! Brownbrute used ‘Thunder Boost’ ]

[Thunder Boost: Upon use, the thunder energy stored within the body increases strength and speed. ]

[ Brownbrute

*2 Strength: 45 (↑90)

*2 Agility:17 (↑34)]

It was surrounded by golden sparks once it used its ability.

It rushed towards Xu Long right away with high speed, forming afterimages.

“What?” Xu Long was shocked by its speed; he created a barrier with 'Strength Meaning' to defend himself.

[ Ding! You created a barrier with 'Strength Meaning' ]

He wasn’t able to react to his opponent's speed. He was just ten feet away from it; he couldn’t even react to its speed. If he had more experience or was a little farther away, he might be able to react.

Brownbrute passed through his strength barrier like it was a virtual element!

[ Ding! 

 -510 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Brownbrute

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

Lei Chang killed the monster before it could even hit his friend.

“Thanks.” Xu Ling said, his heart racing to his mouth.

He was technically playing with his life. If he were hit, his bones would be shattered, and his internal organs would also be injured.

Internal organ injuries can only be healed with Rank 3 pills, which means indirect death for him.

He risked his life for training because he had Lei Chang supervising, and he knows the actual strength of his friend.

Just like he expected, he protected him.

Previous Brownbrute, which Xu Long fought, had no lightening energy stored in its core, so he was able to kill with no problem.

“Your 'Strength Meaning' doesn’t provide defence; you have to learn defence type 'Meaning' if you want to fight some above your realm.” Lei Chang said solemnly.

“Okay, I will comprehend a defence type meaning from now on.” Xu Long agreed, looking doubtfully at his barrier.

He expected that 'Strength Meaning' would stop the Brownbrute, but he is confused as Brownbrute easily passed through it like it was nothing.

“It was because 'Strength Meaning' can only increase strength. My 'Staff Meaning' can stop them because it has defence characteristics included in it. If you have 'defence Meaning' then you could have stopped it.” Lei Chang explained carefully so that his friend would understand the difference.

“You have also not fully comprehended 'Strength. Meaning', it has one function of reducing opponent strength other than increasing your own strength.” Lei Chang continued to explain the strength meaning's speciality.

“What decreases opponent strength?” Xu Long asked doubtfully; until then, he believed that strength meaning could only increase one’s strength.

“Here.” Lei Chang showcased activating his strength meaning, as grey white shone on Xu Long.

[Ding! You have activated Strength Meaning (Lv.1: Invoke) on Xu Long ]

[ Name: Xu Long

Strength: 11 (⇣1)]

[Ding! You got hit by Strength Meaning

Your strength decreases ]

“Whoa!” Xu Long exclaimed as he felt a sense of weakness.

He looked at his body, which was shining with grey light.

[ Ding! Your understanding of strength meaning increased

+50000 Exp

Strength Meaning ( Lv.1: Invoke ) Levelled up to Strength Meaning (Lv.4: Adept)

Exp: 125/100000 ]

“Hhah.” Xu Long smiled happily, seeing his strength meaning getting stronger.

“Get used to your strength meaning.” Lei Chang said, looking back at Brownbrutes.

[ Ding! You created a gap between the 'Staff Meaning Barrier' ]

[ Ding! 

 -510 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Brownbrute

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

----

[ Ding! You created a gap between the 'Staff Meaning Barrier' ]

[ Ding! 

 -510 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Brownbrute

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

-----

---

[ Ding! You created a gap between the 'Staff Meaning Barrier' ]

[ Ding! 

 -510 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Brownbrute

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

Lei Chang killed more than ten people in a row directly, expecting them to back off, but they didn’t even flinch at their friend's death.

End of the chapter. ______________________________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

2