Chapter 1: Dawn/Dusk
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Birth/death of Arla

In a land far away from our world, long ago, the fourteen Arlan Gods were created by Nothing: The One Above and Of All.

First came Yuitra. Goddess of Beginnings, Time, and the Unknown. Queen of the Gods.
Then came Trykar. God of Chaos, Trickery, and the First Beasts. The Horned God. 

Upon first glance, Yuitra and Trykar hated each other. His Madness disrupted her, unsettled her. But later, Yuitra would choose Him, for some reason, out of all, to be her King.  

Their brief privacy was soon interrupted by the creation of Fer, Goddess of Fertility, the Ethereal Gardens, and Terrene; Mother of Flesh, and Skyra, Goddess of the Skies, Oceans, and Healing; Mother of Light. After they fell out of the Void, consecutively, they immediately transformed Arla into a lush paradise. 

   As Skyra fell, she created the teal sky, blazing sun, and azure warm oceans. 

   As Fer fell, she reached out and magically transformed some of the open ocean into earthen terrain. Her collision with this terrain in the West was so powerful that it planted the first seeds that would become the Drayon Forest—where things have a hard time coming out.
  
   As she raised herself from this fall, she raised menacing, rugged mountains in the North where Trykar’s throne would soon reside; rolling hills throughout the green meadows, a greenery vast landscape at the center of Arla.

  Later, Fer would walk throughout the entire landscape. She felt something missing, and that’s when she created a small barren, red terrain of sand, east of the Meadows. 

And finally, as she made it back to the Meadows, Fer created the Ethereal Gardens, right in the center of Arla, her throne.     

Together, over time, Yuitra, Trykar, Skyra, and Fer grew to love each other. They even tried their own hand at creation. 

Trykar, with Yuitra’s help, created the First Beasts. Monstrous, large, ravenous wind borne beasts with the ability to freeze time. They would later be banished in the Forbidden. 

Skyra would create beasts she refers to as her firstborns, flying sea serpents with golden eyes of light. Unleashing this light could burn through anything. She would be forced to later hide them deep in the waters in her kingdom, away from Trykar.

Fer, on the other hand, was the most successful. She created Arlan wildlife. Small, gray vocal birds; humming white swans; ferocious black cats with a big appetite; and much more.

Life was beginning to settle. But Nothing wasn’t done yet. Ten more Gods were to be released. 

  • Desire, The Goddess of Love, Lust, and Desire, The Golden Goddess. One of Seven Tongues
  • Fyr, God of Fire, The Headless Flame  
  • Hunu, God of the Hunt, Harvest, and Night Sky, Father of Shadows
  • Arra, Goddess of Truth and Melodies, Giver of Voice
  • Sfin: God of Divine Weapons, Crafts, and Art
  • Nirea: Goddess of the Forbidden, Profane, and Sacred. Bearer of Curses
  • Diné: Goddess of Prophecies, Sight, and Divination. One Who Sees All
  • Inr: God of War
  • Reyna: Goddess of Judgement and Retribution 
  • Death: God of Death and Sleep. Father of Frost.

The Fourteen were complete. And together, they made Arlans, a humanoid species.

   Skyra had caused the rain. Yuitra paused time. Fer gave it flesh. Trykargave it a soul. Desire gave it heart. Death gave it mortality. Diné gave it sight. Sfin gave it tools. Hunu gave it movement. Nirea gave it fear. Inr gave it pain. Reyna gave it ego. Fyr gave it will. And Arra gave it a voice. 

Together, the Gods and Arlans turned Arla into the Prodigious World of Divine Kingdoms. An order was established. 

   In the Northern mountains, Trykar resided.

   In the Desert, Yuitra, Nirea, Sfin, and Hunu resided.

   In the Meadows, Fer, Desire, Death, Diné, Fyr, Arra, Inr, Reyna shared the vast landscape.

  And in the Isle, Skyra reigned ruthless.

Each kingdom had their own eccentric traditions. 

For what seemed like forever, they lived in harmony and peace, until Nothing returned—wanting his Gods. Nothing needed them—away from Arla. To create new worlds.

But the Gods felt uneasy about leaving their creations alone. So, they decided to leave a part of them, by creating Incarnates, to be the caretakers of their Kingdoms. In what is now referred to as The Ascension, each God chose one individual to be their Incarnate, by infusing a piece of their essence into their flesh, to lead in their absence—until their return. These Ascended Incarnates were given the keys to their kingdoms, and the divine weapons, secrets, and power they came with it. And on their final day, blessed gifts were bestowed:

    Trykar gave his Incarnate, a lover, the shapeshifting amulet. Yuitra gave her Incarnate, a friend, the time dagger. Arra gave her lover the truth powder. 

Nirea, she defied the gods, and gave her chosen, a much powerful weapon that even Death himself was afraid of.

Hunu, who chose a dear friend, gave him the Calling Spear—a spear to be much needed. Skyra, also choosing a friend, gave them the Receptacle. A powerful object holding tons of ocean water, capable of submerging Arla.

Desire, a strange one, cut off one of her seven tongues to give a daughter. Then, there was Death, who gave his chosen person the Heart of Immortality. One heart that lives forever, but can live in many. 

Fyr gave his lover the Possessed Flame, the flame that never dies, a flame of great power, ten times the power of the essence. But to use it, it requires a deadly sacrifice. 

Then there were the remaining four left to choose: Sfin, Fer, Diné, and Reyna. They didn’t have any idea what to give their chosen individual. 

Reyna, who was the only one still without a chosen, ended up deciding not to choose one individual. Instead, with the help of Fer, mother of Flesh, she created the Dowers—a race of beings to watch over and hand down judgment in her place.

Fer and Diné, who grew fond of each other and resided with each other until the departure, decided not to give gifts to their chosen. They both believed their essence was enough. 

Finally, there was him, Sfin. He ended up giving his lover a Crown he crafted out of his bare hands. A gift that would lead to Arla’s downfall.

Sfin was the last to leave. The Gods were now gone, and their departure was the beginning of Arla’s dusk. A divine world of disorder followed.

0