Volume 1, Chapter 20
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discovering truths

 

Piet

 

Piet had to know more, things seemed to be what he thought, and that was that the impossible was really happening. He had been finding little things that did actually explain these events, like seeing someone in the garden when he first met Andrea.  Piet didn't want to make a deal about it, but he must have sounded too convincing to Andrea when he had asked her out for dinner, as she had driven away before he could ask her some questions. Piet had no chance to explain anything, he had no idea how far in she was with what she saw, that's when he had decided to continue to follow her.

 

Piet had followed her to Roma Street Parklands, he had seen her cry, seen her bring a male there and seen her with two males then that looked exactly the same. Piet had decided it was time to talk to them, but Andrea had gone elsewhere, or wasn't working at the hospital anymore, and one of her male friends had gone as well...And her other male friend seemed have gone elsewhere too! It was hard to keep up with it all!

Just who should he follow?

One of them, he was sure, used to be a spirit, yet it seemed like he had come to be human again!

Then, the other male, they looked so alike and sometimes he wasn’t even sure which was which!

Piet wasn't fast enough on getting one of the male’s home address and where Andrea worked after. He did try to stake her place out but one time he slept in and the other time he lost Andrea through a traffic light, because he had been trying to stay far enough away from her. He wasn't in any rush, but he did want to make sure things were going as his friend, or to him, his lover, had planned…

 

Piet was hanging around, trying to get a hold of them somehow, and finally he was convinced when he saw them all together earlier near the front door of the hospital. But with two of them walking off and the non-Andrea look at him as though he was a problem, he let them go. It was all so difficult to keep up with four people, the only one he could count on at the moment was the one in the mental ward. The personalities of who they all are were still confusing to Piet on who was who. Even with his special gift, it didn't matter still, they all seemed too human instead of the those in history that he knew of.

Piet looked up from his notepad, to find one of the males pop up, and Piet wasn't shocked this time.

…He wanted to catch him before he lost another chance! "Hey, hey sorry to stop you there, I don't know if you know me…"

The man stopped and looked at him, "I believe you are Piet. You asked Andrea out on a date."

Piet wasn't surprised with his intellect, and nodded, "Yes, yes, I did. I didn't want to scare her. But I wasn't sure how to go about things, I haven't seen such a…" Piet looked around, "I have a feeling I know what's going on here."

 

The man looked at him frustrated, Piet sighed and said, "I'm sorry. I know you are one without much time."

Looking at Piet, the other man said, "What is it that you know Piet?"

Piet looked around again, and got closer to his ‘new friend’, "I would like to talk to you all at once, instead of repeating myself…Spirits and humans are an interesting subject, don’t you agree?"

Cameron took a moment, obviously surprised, "My name is Cameron, and until Andrea gets out of the mental ward you will have the most of three people, is that sufficient enough?" He said and Piet sighed.

"Yes, please." Was all he could reply with, feeling weird upon the reason he was even so polite about it. Which one could this person be? If he was being so polite, perhaps he unconsciously knew that it was her...A man?

...Well let's hope he was wrong...

 

Cameron looked at him and sighed also, "I will take you to the others as soon as I talk to Andrea, I have not talked to her in two months."

Piet nodded, "Yes, I know it has been awhile. I will stay here 'til you return."

Piet sat back down and waited, he knew Cameron would take a while, to get in there in the first place and then be able to talk to her without getting caught.

Or will he go the human way?

Mmm, who is it!? Which one will be her? Could she really be one of the men?

Seeing Elitress as a man did not make him happy…But with the way Elitress was, he wouldn’t be surprised if being a man would suit her!

 

***

 

It was at least two hours when Cameron turned up again, this time from the elevator. Piet stood and walked outside to wait for him and then followed him around the corner.

Cameron then turned to Piet, and said, "I am just going to drive to Andrea's house and come back to drop of some clothes, then we will go to Connor's, we will talk then, is that ok?"

Piet nodded and followed him to the car, Cameron seemed to have a skip in his step, and he had trouble keeping up…

Piet saw that Cameron obviously had something on his mind, something good, and he wasn't going to ruin it, so silence filled the car.

 

Piet was trying to decide on how things would be said, he would know that they would have some questions, and he wanted to make sure that he remembered what he might need to answer, as sticking to basics might get hard. Elitress had told him many things, so for the most part, he just had to remember!

She had a certain way to ask questions and it was to help him find out who she would be but…Did he remember? After all, a couple of decades had gone by since then and these people have only given him ideas, not hard evidence upon who was who. Of course, time wasn't really an issue for him, it was just that he had four people...That he still hadn't gotten to know of much of yet. After this needed conversation, surely a different future would be seen, and he'd be able to find out who was who!

Fidgeting slightly, he was a bit nervous, yet excited…

If he could truly find her as soon as possible, and return her memories, she’d only have praise for him!

 

Piet stayed in the car, whilst waiting for Cameron to drop off the clothes to Andrea, and then they were off again to Connor's house.

Cameron surprised him by saying, "Amillia told me that you had a bad aura, why would she think that?"

"I defied them, came back, by the looks of it just like you." Piet replied.

Silently, he noted a small similarity to one in the past. If Amillia had thought badly of him, that was to be noted! It made him think that Elitress was not this man nor Amillia…But if this man was not Elitress, he may be one of the others!

Both Hellsuntra and Spirituous talked this way, he could be one of the two…

 

Cameron spared a moment to look at him and then back at the road.

They were on the same line then, Piet thought. At least this part he got right!

"I do believe we have some questions for you then," Cameron said.

Piet nodded, "I believe so."

Cameron looked at him again, and asked, "Can you read my mind? What where you doing in the spirit world?"

Piet answered, "No I cannot, I only have been able to read one person’s mind and I was one to looked after the transpers."

The car stopped and Cameron got out, waiting for Piet to get out to lock the car. Then they walked to the front door and knocked.

 

Piet started to wonder if anyone was home, when someone finally opened the door. It was a really happy ‘Andrea’. Piet couldn't help but smile to hers. This body looked glamorous, something he was willing to get used to.

Her smile vanished when she saw him, and said, "What's he doing here?"

Piet put his hand out, hoping that she would shake his hand, she had a toothbrush in her hand and used it for an excuse to pass the shake.

"Hi, I'm Piet" he said.

"Amillia." She said but mumbled something and disappeared to the bathroom.

Cameron laughed for a short moment and Piet decided to follow.

They went inside and waited patiently, this time it was Connor that came out, putting a shirt on. "Hey bro, What's suppenin’? Oh…Hey."

Cameron looked at his brother and nodded, "I'm good, this is Piet…We need to talk."

 

Piet hadn't had much interaction with other people for ages and he was finding this rather entertaining.

Connor stopped short, and said, "Talk talk, you know what? I'm in the mood to celebrate!"

He walked to the kitchen and got out a glass, "Wanna drink, love?"

Piet heard something faint coming from the other side of the house, and added, "I would love to celebrate with you, what are we celebrating too?"

Connor stopped to look at Piet, and nodded saying, "Hell yeah! Why not? What's your grog mate?"

Piet shrugged, "Anything you have."

 

Connor was nodding his head still as he got another two glasses out, "Yeah let’s get it rockin" hey, music would be great."

Cameron stepped in, "Can we please talk?"

Connor stopped, "Yeah man, shoot!" And he smiled.

Amillia came in then, wearing something more appropriate, taking the offered glass from Connor and sipping it.

Piet slightly remembered the robe beforehand, at least now she was wearing shorts and shirt. He decided she looked good in anything…But Elitress most likely isn’t this person…But if it were Andrea…Then at least the body was similar!

Cameron sighed, smiling, "Ok What's the big news?"

 

Piet was interested too, as for celebrating, he wanted to understand why they were all so happy…

Connor put a hand around Amillia, "Where getting hitched!"

Piet was immediately worried, things may have gone faster than he had thought!

He looked at Cameron, who was also smiling, "And, I'm going to be a father!"

…Things were definitely going faster than he thought!

He couldn’t imagine if Elitress was Andrea! She’d be pissed if she found out that she was pregnant! Wait…Maybe this was…What she really did want…

Piet could never understand the inner workings of his lover, Elitress. With all that she had tried to teach him or get him to do, he just could keep up with her all the time!

Perhaps…Perhaps she done all this just for the child…

…Nonetheless, Piet felt shaken to all this sudden changes and really felt that things were ironic for him!

 

There were pats, hugs and kisses everywhere and Piet could only think that he was in the right place, yet everything was not what he imagined, "Wait! Just a minute!"

They stopped and looked at Piet, which made him shy all of a sudden, people looking at him was a strange feeling…

"Way to go to wreck a party man." He heard Connor say.

Taking a deep breath and trying to remember his ‘play’, Piet begun talking, "Please stop, look, I have been here, done that, ok. I was a ‘spirit’, sort of still am. I really don't think this is a good idea! I died through a car crash, time and again! It happened three times, twice in front of the love of my life, she was great, I was able to read her mind before I came back. And then I couldn't be with the Azulious anymore, they saw what I was doing but I left, the first time I died I was lucky, I didn't become a transper and went straight to be a ‘spirit’…I was able to contact her and she me, and it started all over again. She had told me that two lives with me where better than one or nothing. So, we did it again."

 

Piet looked at them all, and they seemed like they were listening, he tried to remember more of the story that he needed to tell, "The third time, they made me a transper and I was trapped in my thoughts. I never thought I could get out. It was a long process, and by the time I got out and became a spirit again, my love was old, she remembered most of what we had but by that time our secret was making her life hard, she could not tell anyone, she could not show anyone, and we decided to part on good terms. Making stories up was hard, people never knew the real you because you had to lie, having to make up a false name was a lie!”

What was next?

Taking a short moment to remember, Piet then continued, “We got married twice, I'm sure people knew who I was, even though we tried to only invite people who didn't know me well. She did get pregnant three times." Piet looked at Cameron, "But it miscarried, all three times…I'm sorry, but you guys have to stop this, It's heartbreak for all of you!"

 

Piet looked at all of them and put his hand to his mouth, "The last time I saw her was a eighty…Four years ago. After she died, for some reason I didn't get run over anymore, I was able to stay here and not worry when my death was going to show up. I did not grow older, it is like time has stopped. I feel trapped and decided to not only make a living but try and prevent this happening to others."

Piet sat down and faced away from everyone on the recliner and breathed in. Piet snuggled up a little more on the chair, hearing everyone get closer to one another and start talking silently, he wasn't going to say anymore, pretending to sleep, but he listened to what they were saying and wondered how long it would take to finish his mission.

Did he do it right?

Did he miss anything?

He didn’t know why he had to say that type of ‘story’ but…Whatever…

Who was who?

Elitress was one that didn’t care about meaningless things. She did whatever she wanted. She clearly stated to me that if she heard this news, she wouldn’t care…But all these people seemed worried and didn’t know what to do…

Who was it!?

 

 

"Piet...Piet..." Piet pretended to wake up and took in his surroundings, it looked as though it was the next day.

Piet sat up and looked at Cameron, he wasn't sure whether to say something or wait until something was said to him.

Piet waited long enough though, so he said, "Did you people hear me last night or did I speak to no ears?"

He saw Cameron look up at Connor, who looked at Amillia, who looked back at Connor.

Piet had done his job, there was one last question, "So have you worked out the connections yet or am I to tell you?"

Piet felt some pride to the fact that they were silent and looking at him again, "With me and Miranda, I was always able to see her in the garden in the hospital, at the front of the hospital and in Roma Street Parklands. It was the same spot all the time, I figured ages ago, before becoming human again, that we could teleport to a location, which I'm guessing Cameron has already known, as I've seen him do it."

 

Piet looked around again, and continued, "Look, it may be very different for you guys but that is what was so important to us is all but what I'm saying is you can teleport to locations that are special to you people. Oh, and one other thing, the time for me was three months, when I went from being a spirit to a human before I died, I had three months."

Piet got up, he wanted to go and be in solitude again, he had decided that what needed to be said was said. He walked towards the front door and was stopped by Amillia, "Wait, where are you going?"

Piet half turned to put his hand on Amillia's shoulder, "It's up to you people now to make the decision, or how you go about things and I wish you all the luck and happiness." He kissed her on the cheek, waved to the boys and left the house.

His duty, of telling them the ‘story’, was now done.

All he had to do now was see how they act and find which one was his lover!

1