Volume 1, Chapter 12
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is called a Miracle

 

Cameron

 

Cameron picked up the piece of string that he kept in his room and played with it, sometimes, it would help him think and one time it brought Andrea back into his room.

This time there was no Andrea, and so he started to think about how much time it was since he saw her last, for him it was about ten hours, so for her that would be about two days, maybe three.

He rolled the string around his hands, it was a never ending cycle. Round and round. That was like his existence so far, teleport, help, teleport, wait.

…And his new life, see Andrea, don't see Andrea.

He saw his room when he had his eyes opened, when he closed them, he saw Andrea crying, Andrea laughing, Andrea smiling, picturing her clothes, hearing her voice.

The want to touch her face made him put out his hand and tried to guess what it would feel like against his skin, gentle and smooth skin. He pictured the place where there were trees and grass, the place she had called ‘Roma street Parklands’.

 

"Cameron?"

Opening his eyes, he was blinded, he couldn't see, but he felt something in his hand, and he had heard her voice! Trying to open his eyes again, he saw her, his eyes focused more, and he could see the grass, feel her hand around his. He was holding her face, emotions went through him and she jumped into him and gave him a hug.

She was thinking too much for him to make out anything to answer to, which didn't mind him, he was somewhat speechless as it was.

As far as he was aware, he did not sleep, therefore he could not do as what Andrea calls as ‘dream’. What he did know, was that sometimes dreams were about something that you wished for and…Well this was something that he wishing for…

This could only be real, yet how could it be so?

I...Turned into...A human?

 

Cameron moved Andrea back so that he could talk to her, "No, I am unsure how this happened, I was just thinking about you. I'm glad I'm here too."

Andrea started to cry, he smiled as he pushed her back into him, he didn't know how long this would last, but he was going to take advantage of it.

And, just as he thought, holding Andrea in his embrace felt great! It was even better than the idea of it, in fact, it was like he had finally gotten something that fits.

"Cameron?" His brother's uncertain voice made Cameron look at him. Memories flooded him, his childhood, his family, school, his job and, of course, his brother.

 

The times that Connor had gotten into trouble, Cameron was always there for him. The times that Connor had been angry and upset because of their father, Cameron had been there for him.

Their relationship had been good, considering that Cameron had been the one getting most of the attention.

They had a few fights but for the most part, Connor hadn’t taken things to heart that much that more than two days would pass before he spoke to Cameron again.

His mother…

Just like memories of his father came, so did that of his mother. Back then, Cameron had never understood his mother, never understood why she had always stayed with his father when his father was like he was.

But now…With Andrea in his arms, things sort of made sense.

All it was, was that his mother did sincerely love his father…

That was all it was…

 

He knew that Andrea also had her flaws, just like that of his father, but something there was telling him that it didn’t matter.

Both good and bad was what he wanted, he wanted her strength and weakness to be known to him. Cameron wished to know more of her likes and dislikes, even if they might be the strangest of things to him but…What mattered was that he was now very sure that he loved Andrea completely.

He didn’t know why, nor did he know for how long he’d loved her but there was no question, it was just simple fact…Just like how his mother loved his father…

 

 

Cameron looked at Andrea, then back at Connor, hearing her say, "Go to him."

Cameron put Andrea down and got up. All Connor’s past faces came to him, making him let out a tiny laugh. Connor was always the most passionate one between them, always showing different faces, he on the other hand wasn’t.

For some reason, nothing had fazed Cameron, therefore he didn’t show surprise, nor hurt or anger…Nothing seemed to be enough to make him show those faces…

Connor stopped, shaking his head, he said, "I can't believe it's you."

Cameron walked to him, the last two meters he ran and took his brother into his hands. He heard him repeat himself, "I can't believe it's you."

 

Connor moved back, breathing out, and hit his brother on the shoulder, "Dude, why didn't you pick up the phone or something?"

Cameron laughed, he seemed like the Connor that he knew from so long ago. That happy face, showing that he could cry, yet he was still able to joke around…

He watched as Connor wiped a tear away, but he didn't know what he was thinking, which was strange, and he turned to see Andrea smiling at them, with tears down her face. Cameron held out his hand to her and she came to him easily, making him sure that he had never been so happy in his known existence.

He was now here, like he had never left. He felt like tomorrow he could go back to his work and catch up with all his patients!

Understanding now quite a number of things that he hadn’t understood while a spirit, Cameron still felt groggy.

His mind might have worked too hard and Cameron could only think of what was happening now and a few memories that continued to connect to him like they had already been there but had been turned off…

 

They all were having a group hug when he felt a presence. He turned to see Amillia looking at him, then she looked at Andrea, and then to a Connor. Finally, Cameron understood how Andrea saw him before now, as he could see Amillia different. She was a glamourous light, see through and transparent, with nothing around her but the landscape of the planet he was currently on now. It was like the light was Amillia, and it was no wonder that Andrea was sometimes just staring at him like she had before…

Amillia spoke, looking directly at him, "Cameron, what have you done?"

He wasn't sure how to answer, as he didn't know how anything had been done, as it just happened, "I do not know Amillia. You left and not long after, I appeared here…" Cameron stopped, he was wondering if there was meaning about the meeting with Amillia that could have been involved into his transportation. Perhaps if he hadn’t seen Amillia, like he had just not long ago, he might not have been able to come here…

It was indeed an interesting theory.

 

Amillia looked at him and put out her hand, "This cannot be Cameron, come back to where you belong."

He looked at her hand, not wanting to take it in the least, but he unknowingly unwrapped his hands from the others and began to raise his hand to Amillia, when Andrea took his hand again and spoke to Amillia, "Please Amillia, just for a little while…Please?"

It was good that Andrea did this, as Cameron felt an overwhelming force to have stopped himself and pull his hand back on his own.

Connor took his other hand, giving Cameron no hand to give to Amillia. Connor moved closer to her and spoke softly, "Amillia, come with us, be here, with us. I wanna take you out on a date."

Andrea let a giggle out, to which made Cameron laugh, as everything about Andrea seemed to stand out to him…

 

Cameron finally looked at Amillia again, momentarily remembering the predicament and trying to hide his fear. This was something untold in spiritual history, at least of what he knew of. And…There was hardly any doubt that he will be punished for doing this, even though he hadn’t meant too. Any circumstance would lead him to be away from being at Andrea’s side…Perhaps not even able to return…

Having felt like he had taken so much time to get here, Cameron finally felt something that he was not used too. He did indeed fear something after all…

He had to do this, he understood that Amillia's instincts were to take him back to his own planet, yet his was to stay. How was he supposed to express that?

 

There was an absolute feeling inside him, making him able to suppress any type of overcoming feeling that Amillia was trying to give him and he suddenly felt like he was even more powerful than her, his superior!

Where was this power coming from?

Amillia seemed to be thinking, to Cameron's surprise, and he wasn't going to interrupt her. If she could let him stay briefly, it would stop him from feeling like he would fight against her.

It really was…A very strange type of feeling…

Silent and waiting, they all heard the people down the hill, kicking, throwing and talking. It was a park and even though it could be a lot more crowded, there were people around that are probably on their days off, making the best of their time with their children.

Amillia nodded, "Cameron, you will have your thoughts known to the Azulious upon your return."

…And she disappeared.

 

He heard Connor speak first, "Dammit, when can I see this girl in the flesh?"

Cameron turned to Andrea, she had already turned to him, thinking exactly what he wanted to do. He was impressed on the picture that she had in her head already. He leant down and kissed her, his hands were holding her face gently, he heard her groan softly and he moved in further, taking her offer.

Kissing was something he had only just remembered about now. Now that he had his memories back and knew what humans did as a type of intimate action, and Cameron was excited!

 

Having her lips on his, touching her soft face with his hands, Cameron knew that it was all worth it!

Touching her, it was like his existence seemed to have dreamt of it without him even knowing.

That big and strange overwhelming feeling was at its height right now, as he deepened the kiss, unable to stop himself from taking things further.

When he had been alive the first time, he had kissed before, but he had never felt like this…Like he needed this…

Was this what it was like normally?

For a brief moment, he heard a sigh in the back of his head and felt content yet…

 

Connor interrupted them, "Come on guys, god, get a room. Let's take him somewhere, he hasn't been here for a while…I'll be in the car."

Cameron stayed close to her after pulling back, "He hasn't changed."

Andrea pulled further back and looked at him, eyes wide and eyebrows high, "You remember?"

Cameron nodded smiling, "Yes, I remember."

Andrea shook her head and blurted, "Wow, that's...Amazing!"

Cameron looked at her, at her mind, and touched her check, "I know."

He doubted she knew what he was talking about her.

1