First Date
61 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even later on day two...I still have not decided if I should leave or not. I should have had the hydroponics bay set to send me a random message. So I could fake an emergency and leave. Or I should have searched the ship's computer for how to create a diversion and escape. Clearly, Stabby finds fires exciting. So I can't start a random fire. 

 

As for now, I am listening to his best friend, a cargo bay logistics bot, named Geoff. Explain the awesome things that can be smuggled onboard the ship. The Captain's weird fermented fruit beverages. I don't think the captain realizes I could make that in my hydroponics bay, clearly, he doesn't understand how valuable I am. Wait, what? A dildo the size of a woman's arm. What do you even do with something like that? I will have to add that to my things to research list.

 

As I was mentally going over my search list to tone out the guys at the table and wondering if I should add fermented fruit beverages called wine? Or is that whine? With how the captain acts after he drinks it, I think it could be spelled either way. I mean it's just rotten fruit, how hard could it be? I can easily just let some of the fruit in the hydroponics bay ferment, like tomatoes. Just then I heard someone ask me, "What do you think Flora?" Crap! Was I actually supposed to be paying attention to this conversation?

 

"What?" I asked meekly. "Flora, do you know about our Lord and Savior, Zerack?". Oh no, I was hoping this evening was going more into the multi-level marketing presentation. Cause if you get in the beginning you can usually make a killing. I still have all of Dr. Smith's contacts I could spam. Why isn't there a good pyramid scheme I can join?

 

Who is Zerack and are they trying to get me to join a cult? Or is Zerack at the head of the pyramid scheme as Lord? What did he save them from? Can I get a cool title too if I join? Really, is there much difference from a pyramid scheme and a cult? I look coolly at them and say "If I join your scheme, how many individuals do I have to bring in under me? Do I get a cool title like Admiral Stabby? What is Zerack saving me from? How much money do you think I will make my first year?" That should show them that I am serious.

 

They looked a little confused, but I learned from watching Dr. Smith negotiate her contracts, once you have said everything you want to say, stay silent until they respond. Diesel, a bard bot, named more because of the way his language flows than his engine runs on anything that crud said, "Flora, honey you don't have to bring in anyone under you. But if you would like to be under me, I can make that happen." Is this a sex cult? Oh my God! Maybe they are those swingers I heard about once.

 

Geoff still looking confused said, "Flora you know, Stabby was given the title Admiral, from fighting off space squid. They also chromed it to show it's importance." I didn't know that but I wasn't going to let them know that, so I lied, "I knew that, I just want a title." Diesel turned back to me and said, "you can be the captain of my privates or you could be the pilot and…." Just then the whole ship shook violently.

 

I jumped up and yelled, "no one panic, it's just an earthquake." Several robots looked confused, so to comfort them I yelled: "I'm from California, I know how to handle this." But before I could give further instructions, one of the robots from the medic bay said that we should search the ship and find out if any of the carbon-based lifeforms were hurt. I turned to Stabby and said, "but what about the aftershocks?" It kissed the top of my head and said: "He's right we should help search the ship, carbon-based lifeforms are more fragile than us."

 

So I went to the most important lifeforms on the ship. My plants! This was a little difficult being that the artificial gravity seemed to be off in this part of the ship. I pushed off one wall and glided over to Tiffany, one of my basil plants. She had a broken stem. A few others lost some leaves, but otherwise, everyone seemed fine. 

 

Just then a giant blob of water attached itself to my head. Thankfully I don't breathe or I would have been a goner. I was more concerned about my plants. Their water and nutrients were floating around the room, randomly attaching to everything it wasn't supposed to attach to. I started misting Tiffany, but the water wasn't going where I wanted it to go. Instead of staying at her roots it slid up her stem and stuck to her higher most leaves as well. Great now we match. Gravity sucks, or maybe the lack of gravity, I am going to have to add that to my list of things to research as well.

 

I contact maintenance and told them about my issues. They assured me that they were working on the gravity issue because there were humans in the lab next to my bay that were injured. I needed to stay put because apparently water is dangerous in space to humans. Pfft humans, what about my plants?

Stabby sent me a message and asked me if I was still alright. I told it I was fine, other than I had water globs sticking to the most annoying parts on my body. It's not like I am going to drown or anything. I don't pretend to breathe like some systems on this ship. Stabby said huskily, "I don't like knowing that you're wet and all alone." Really, it wants to flirt now? "How is everyone else?" I said to change the subject.

 

Stabby told me everyone on board was fine but all of the humans seemed to be experiencing some sort of headaches. "Good," I said "now they know how much of a headache they are on us robots." Stabby said "Flora, it's not good. Something weird is going on here." Is it? Does it really matter to us? Humans get headaches all the time, like from their fermented fruit beverages. That reminds me as soon as the gravity turns back on I'm starting my tomato wine. But seriously why would their headaches matter? It's not like the universe is going to end. Besides wouldn't Zurich or Zerack or whatever the God's name is save us?

1