Chapter 1 – Rose Marshall
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose stood outside, wrapped in a wool jacket which gave bulk to her torso which she usually lacked. It caused her legs to stick out as wrongly sized for her body. Her foot tapped against the snow, splashing slush away from her as Amari left the house. He stood on the rotting wooden front porch, his eyes guided to his girlfriend who waited for him. Stunning was honestly an understatement for someone describing her. A thin - albeit muscular - Elven woman, standing nearly his height. Her curly hair tucked neatly into a pink woolen hat, leading to her sable-toned, smooth face, appearing much more sharp from a distance. She tucked her phone into her coat pocket, reaching out a slender hand to take Amari's. He took it, but pulled away at how her skin felt.

Rose didn't seem to notice, gripping Amari's hand tighter and tugging him towards her car. "You're being slow as fuck today, c'mon we're already late," she whined to him. He was used to her pulling him around, following her. He instinctively rubbed his thumb on the back of her palm, finding some form of comfort in the ridges of her hand. She let go, opening the door to the driver's side, and climbing in. He got into the Passenger's side, sitting quietly as she pulled out of the driveway. His gaze fell on the streetlights, following each until they got close to the car, where he looked away momentarily to not hurt his eyes. Rose continued to talk, more to him than with him. He picked up on a part of her conversation later into the drive, "-y'know I've always wondered how radios even work." Not really having picked up on the start of the sentence, he replied, his eyes widening just slightly in excitement.

"Well you know, it's really cool actually, radios make use of light, they're a form of light, just like microwaves or-" Amari fell silent, realizing a little too late she was being rhetorical. He bit his tongue and turned to face out the window, Rose having zero interest in his rambling. Her right hand left the steering wheel and took his hand. For a moment, he relaxed to have been touched again in such a soft way. As they came to a stop at a red light, Rose turned to him and smiled. She really was beautiful, and her smile made him respond, it was infectious. "You know I love you, right?" she spoke to him.

Amari replied with a nod, his grip on her hand tightening to keep her close. Tears welled in his eyes, held back by clenching his jaw in the darkness of the car. Maybe it wasn't so bad, really. She loved him, and that was enough. To have her there and to have her tell him everything was going to be okay.

Rose pulled into the driveway of her house, there were lights flashing inside and Amari could make out the shapes of people dancing through the covered windows. She got out, waiting for him with her hand outreached. She remembered he liked being touched by her. He grabbed her hand, quickly catching up as she walked towards the door. Music blared inside, causing his chest to constrict as the bass hit. Too loud, very loud.

Pushing the door open, they were immediately greeted by a drunken elf woman. "ROSE! Amari" she shouted over the music, offering her cup to him.

"Zendaya he doesn't need your backwash oh my god" Rose giggled in response, pulling the two of them to the kitchen where drinks were being poured. Alcohol had always made Amari sick, so he stood off to the side while Rose poured herself a drink. The noise was overwhelming, his hands twitching to release some of the increasing stress of crowded areas. Zendaya leaned over the counter next to him, putting her weight onto it to support her drunken stupor. She fiddled with her pocket for a moment, before pulling out a pipe. She held it out for him, rolling her eyes in the direction of Rose. "Can't believe she brought you out without letting you have some fucking fun first!"

Amari took it and found his way to the window facing the backyard. Zendaya followed, continuing to support her weight against the counter top. Amari didn't respond, he'd been around Zendaya often, and she at least understood he preferred not talking. He took her grinder and filled the pipe with weed, lighting it and inhaling deeply while the two of them stared out into the darkness. The noise was manageable this way, even fun sometimes. She rested her had on his arm, while they stood there in silence.

It had been a few hours into the night when Rose found her way back to Amari. Drunken, she took his hands and slide her other up his back. "Baby..." she whispered to him, her words trialing off as she took a moment to remember what she was trying to say. Amari turned to her, the room spinning slightly. Perhaps I've had to much... Her hands touched his butt, then both wrapped around his waist and she hugged him from behind. He relaxed into her touch, putting his hands over hers that clung to him.

Amari found her loving clinging a little uncomfortable, but she never did it maliciously so he found ways to put his body screaming for isolation away. He turned to face her, and she pushed her cheek to his chest. She always got this clingy when she got drunk, he honesty liked the physical touch when it came naturally between the two of them. "Head hurts...walk me upstairs" she said under her breath. He took her hand and guided her up to her bedroom.

Amari was familiar with the layout of her house, having been there multiple times in the past with her. Her room was at the end of the hallway on the second floor. The white door creaked loudly as he pushed it open. Now basically carrying her, he got her safely to her bed. Little hands reached out and grabbed his shirt, pulling him on top of her. His knee held his weight as the two of them laid on her bed, hugging. The open door made him panic as she pressed her lips to his, fulling securing his body against hers. His hands pushed against the mattress, separating the two of them. Her heavy-lidded, brown eyes locked to his lips while he looked down at her. She's drunk, I need to leave. She kissed him, breaking his internal protesting. She grabbed his sleeve and threw his weight to the side, rolling on top of him. Her weight sunk onto his crotch, making it hard to communicate his protesting. Friction made him second guess his thoughts, her hips pushing down on him.

As Rose pulled from the kiss and lowered herself to his neck, Amari finally could take a second to breath. He pushed her back, both his hands on her shoulders to create space. His heart raced, pounding in silent desperation to leave. For a moment she seemed to sober up, sliding off his lap and laying on her side. She was wasted. Amari stood up, hugging himself as he looked at her laying in a mess on her bed. His throat hurt, his jaw finally could relax and loosen. "Goodnight, hun..." he whispered, feeling himself become consumed by doubt and anxiety. He shut the door to her room, and walked downstairs to get a ride home.

 

Amari is of legal age in this country to consume weed and alcohol. Chapter 2 coming soon.

0