Chapter 2 – A bleak day
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The blue sky began to darken.

It was covered by thick colonimbus clouds.

Rumbling began to come quickly.

The waves on the cliff behind the castle started crashing high as if they wanted to devour the land.

The two servants, the soldiers, the captain on top of the castle wall, the royal nobles from the castle windows, and the residents of the royal capital.

Staring at a large purple light in the dark sky.

What could be seen was an ark floating above the sky. It fearlessly approached the capital territory despite being swarmed by lightning and thunder.

All those watching were wide-eyed as they realized their hair was beginning to stand on end.

Suddenly, a loud boom came from the ship.

A ball of fire that looked small began to approach until it grew larger than the gate and then hit the wall near the castle.

The captain, realizing what was about to happen, shouted at the top of her lungs but was covered by another boom.

"Enemy attack!!! Evacuate the oth-!"

Boom!!!

Shards of the wall scattered violently hitting the other buildings.

Boom boom boom!

Another attack followed destroying buildings everywhere.

With just that salvo the castle and city began to burn rapidly.

The sound of screams and groans spread deafeningly.

The girl and the old maid were no exception as they had been running towards the castle since earlier.

Running and running while following the flow of people being evacuated by the soldiers.

Until one of the foreign attacks hit right on top of the building in the corridor where they were running.

Brak brak brak*

The sound of falling building materials could be heard giving fear to their hearts.

But not for the old servant, he quickly pushed the young girl.

Being thrown as if time slowed down for the young girl to read the movement of the old maid's lips.

"Live, child!"

The girl while being thrown also saw the ruins falling in the area and fell pitifully.

With disbelieving eyes, she saw dust scattered about, underneath blood splattered among the rocks, and a hand reaching out that she knew clearly belonged to whom.

"aah..." a small groan and the first sound from the girl's mouth was heard.

Miraculously, the small rock that had hit her didn't hurt at all.

But reality was so cruel, nothing could replace that sad sight from her eyes.

The girl absentmindedly looked to the right and left, finding the soldiers fighting with foreign troops.

No one knew what tricks the enemy had played to bring out the troops all of a sudden.

Amidst the confusion, once again the Captain in full bloodied armor approached the girl.

"Get up!" while throwing a sheathed sword near her.

Thud!

The girl stared at the sword and immediately grasped it without much thought and got up.

She took one more look at the stone ruins and thanked them in her heart then turned towards the captain.

The captain split the body of an unknown creature same the size of her in the blink of an eye.

"Come on everyone we have to save the castle! Follow me!" the captain shouted to the other soldiers who were fighting.

The soldiers who heard immediately finished off their enemies or retreated from the fight, following the Captain from behind.

The foreign enemies also started chasing them to enter the castle.

Again, there was no small luck for them today.

A creature- no, it was a giant-bodied monster in a dark, fiery red armor with a fierce halberd blocked the entrance of the castle.

It began to lunge nimbly, swinging its axe like it wanted to finish it off at once.

"Dodge!" shouted the Captain as he jumped out of its reach followed by the other soldiers.

But not for this young girl, who realized she was late and didn't know what to do.

Without thinking, she raised her arms, threw her sword and rolled quickly to miss the axe that almost cut her in half.

The monster who was also a little stunned to see the sword thrown at him was slightly distracted.

At the same time the Captain recognizing the opportunity began to order them to surround the monster.

In no time the monster head fell before the captain and the soldiers power.

But in the meantime some of the troops couldn't continue because they had to hold off the enemy that started chasing them earlier.

Someone who looked dressed almost similar to the captain then shouted something.

"Captain, leave this to us!" he shouted firmly while looking at the captain.

The captain, who was a little hesitant but still determined, immediately started running without turning back.

Once again the young girl and the other soldiers began to hurry after the captain who looked uneasy from her movements.

They walked along the way, looking for movements of either those who needed to be rescued or other enemies.

Seeing the many corpses of both the soldiers they knew and the fierce enemies scattered about.

The captain found one that was unfortunately in critical condition and began to approach.

"princess... and queen... uhkuuu..." moaned in pain and even in his last breath was covered in blood from his mouth.

The captain who felt sorry for him could only help sweep his bloody face, closing the eyes that would never open again.

The soldiers who had just arrived then continued to chase after her who had already left.

But the girl stopped for a while before following them with her eyes closed.

She was after all just a young girl who was only slightly stronger.

While running,

Each of them also felt great fear inside.

Not knowing what would happen next.

This interval was coming to an end.

They realized they would soon be confronted with the enemy again.

But only steps and a firm grip could bring them to the end.

 

Hello this is Akane, I hope you taking an interest with my work and continue to do so! And please leave a comment or two!

 

0