Chapter 5 – Present
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hand that had lost its grip unexpectedly reached for something.

The hand of someone with blood-soaked armor took the time to grab the maid.

The maid's foot began to tread on the outer wall while being held tightly by the knight.

Following the pull of the knight's hand, the maid's legs also climbed up, she could only focus on pulling herself and the princess in the other arm.

It turned out that the hand belonged to the leader of the royal knights. The hand that was so slender but strong covered in armor slowly pulled the two of them.

"Are you alright? Thank god, you're with the princess... but where is the queen?" the knight leader's lady frantically asked in the middle of the battle.

The maid who had just taken a deep breath glanced to the right and left then refocused on the knight leader's question.

With a quite pale face the maiden girl tightened her grip on the princess up her back and turned around while still panting also pointing towards where the throne room was.

The knight leader's face also began to pale as if the worst thing she could imagine was about to happen or perhaps it was.

The knight leader quickly approached the maid and started shaking her with both hands even though one of her hands was still holding the sword.

"Wh-what's going on in there? Tell me!" she asked in a weakened voice.

The body and hands holding the maid quickly fell to the ground as if losing energy and despairing.

The servant girl slowly stepped aside near the kneeling leader.

The castle and its surroundings then shook violently as if an earthquake was happening in that place.

The maid, the knight leader, the warriors and knights, as well as the enemies were also affected by the great shaking.

The maiden maid held on to the edge of the wall and tried to hold on, while the soldiers and knights were taking advantage to attack and some were holding on with their swords for support.

The ground below slowly opened up to swallow some of the warriors and enemies, the already damaged wall again tried to collapse on its own, and the solid side of the castle was slowly uncovered to reveal the throne room that was clearly displayed from the outside.

Some watched the place, if it can look closely you can see the queen cornered on the side of the open castle facing the cruel and ferocious mass of enemies.

The queen's figure from a distance looked so pitiful.

Anyone who saw must also understand what had happened and how to proceed.

---

"Ahaha what have I done..." with a bitter chuckle the knight leader questioned her choice earlier.

She looked back towards the castle, precisely where the throne room was located with a face full of disbelief at what had happened.

She no longer paid attention to the noise of shouting or the sound of metal clashing from sword to sword in the middle of the battle let alone on the wall, where she was.

The call of the warriors continued to call out to the warrior leader.

But her eyes could only be fixed on the queen.

The queen who desperately defended along with her remaining soldiers.

One by one her front line began to erode, leaving only the enemies and the queen herself.

"What are you doing my Queen! Get out of there!" the captain shouted in desperation and wonder.

The front line, which had been trying to defend, was finally broken in that instant.

A large black hand embodiment pierced through the defense, heading towards the queen to capture her.

The moment was so fast and was to real.

The queen who could no longer move was caught, writhing to try to release the restraints of the magic hand.

The other warriors were already collapsing slowly being eroded away quickly by the enemy.

The queen had run out of strength, with tears in her eyes she slowly glanced at them.

Those who were still struggling on top of the castle wall, watching her pitiful figure.

The knights, the captain, the maid.

And her beloved sister's, the princess.

"Whatever happens, come back." in a clear, soft voice. 

A final sentence accompanied by a bit of magic spread everywhere.

And at that very moment a pitch-black orb from the shadows of the throne room wall, approached the queen wanting to enclose her with that restraining hand.

The queen who was swallowed into it did not make a sound, like a silent forced farewell.

The soldiers who watched could only grit their teeth.

The captain was instantly in a state of shock, she immediately vomited blood out. Most likely due to the injuries he had sustained following the incident just now.

And even more devastated, the younger sister who was left behind, could only sob silently.

Exactly similar to how her brother had to leave and never return.

From the pitch-black ball, it slowly turned transparent and slowly opened back up to reveal a female figure with loose black hair and a robe.

The female figure had traces of a beautiful face but unfortunately part of her face was covered by burn marks.

What exactly did everyone who witnessed that figure feel?
Fear? Hate?
No, basically everyone was afraid.

The figure that was supposed to be a light in this bad time had disappeared into the strange darkness, replaced by the face of an enemy leader.

Now only a knight without a master, a helpless younger sister, and the maid, also a bunch of soldiers are left.

However, the figure of the knight still had to show her persistence, she vigorously shouted at all members of the elements in that place.

"Listen to me soldier! Do not fear! The citizen has been evacuated! No more regrets, we die here and so does the enemy!"

The soldiers who heard that, tightened the grip of each of their weapons. They pushed back the attacks of the foreign enemies.

Little by little it showed hope for them.

But like a cruel fate, our efforts will show results but remember your enemy is also trying.

Slowly but surely, the quality strength of the soldiers pushed back the quantity of the foreign enemies.

At some point, they were cornered and could no longer hope for anything more than to finish off what was in front of them.

The knight leader looked back at the princess who was still stunned by the shock, and she glanced back at the recovering maid.

She took a deep breath to calm down, even as the noise continued to echo in her ears.
And slowly, all the noise ceased to be heard.

She approached the young servant girl, and pulled her up.

"Tell me, can you make it to the end?"

With an anxious face, she asked her this.

"Please, you... can endure all of this, right?" the knight kept asking her repeatedly and quickly.

Without realizing it, she glanced at the innocent servant girl's face, which could only be confused and almost the same as her own.

But other than that, a small necklace, dangling crystals kept swaying as the maid wore it.

It was just a necklace of remembrance for the commoners. That should be the case.

Wide-eyed and realizing something, the captain began to fumble through her pockets as well.
In her pocket, she found a similar necklace, just a memory just like it.

"You... how could you... don't tell me.." at once she let go of the maid and began to pull the princess not far away.

She brought the two of them closer together, hoping that what she was thinking can be something impossible.

In a kneeling pose and facing the princess's gaze, the captain began her final speech.

"Princess, please listen to this last thing from me, there are difficult things in life, and now it's one of them for you." with a sense of tears the captain began to advise her.

"Princess, stay strong, all of this is a test for you, me, and others." regret and hope were mixed in her face.

"My dear princess, please forgive us if we can no longer accompany you."
A peck on the forehead and a memorable necklace were passed on to the princess.

"This is a present from me and all of us. I hope you'll take good care of it."

From the sobbing princess, the captain then got up and began to pat both cheeks of the servant girl.

"As for you young lady, I cannot give you any present. But I'm sure your life is full of other gifts!"

The innocent servant girl was only confused by the captain's words.

She began to lift the princess onto the maid's shoulders.

The sling from the captain for the princess to the maid began to convince everything. 

With the widest wry smile the captain could give, she said the last thing.

"You girls are great! I'm sure you can become even greater hehe!"

Two faces that were so sad and confused were attached to the two girls.

"Close your eyes... slowly you guys will feel..."

While saying that, a strong gust of wind dragged the two girls outside the castle, far out.

"...to fly!!!" 

The captain's distant shout immediately opened their eyes.

They realized they were being thrown away from the castle walls.

And they were slowly descending towards the sea on the outskirts of their capital.

It was a raging sea.

Had formed a whirlpool that rages yet so deep.

0