3 The jump that started everything
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain.” Picard was trying too hard to sound like commercial plane pilots who were known to use hummer and sarcasm on their take off announcements.
“We're glad you joined us for the galactic luxury cruise into the depths of space. ... The weather outside will be deathly cold and oxygen free. Please make sure that your diapers are on and the widows are left in an open position as there are no emergency exits anywhere....
In case of you forgetting your lunch on the floor please keep it there until this ride comes to a complete stop. ... For now kick back, relax and smile, for you are on camera." His reassuring tone drove me to attempt the actual relaxing sitting in the office staled chair as it was a specialty designed seat.
Nothing happened for a few seconds until the ship jolted so violently that all the items that I placed on top shelf were now on the floor and some of them were now broken.
(Should have thought of that, too late for this bucket of bolts had a student driving it.) I mean realistically where did one ever go to learn how to drive a spaceship?
As my mind raced the ship destroyed the entire complex that it was parked near as it created and spun from side to side slowly smashing into everything. It felt like a five year old was driving a tank and no one could complain about it. Because how can you blame the poor defenseless five years old for not trying out and playing with every leaver and button inside a tank as it rambles on its way?!
Slowly we realized that we were no longer on the planet as a subsonic boom rocketed the spaceship away from all the things we have called sacred.
Then just as fast as it started the ship stopped shaking and smoothed out as if by itself.
“You may now freely move throughout the cabin." The same grizzled tone with the same reassurance spoke making me get up to clean up the mess in my room.
My tablet received orders to check on damage and survivors. As i was already rushing around doing that making shore that nothing bad was found. The barracks we're in a mess and we had a few scratches. The sniper girl was already making adjustments to the room to prevent any other injuries.
"Sir we have a single individual with a broken leg already on the way to infirmary." My second in command who was chosen by the group based not on rank but experience was living up to his position already.
"Sent me the full details later.” now send the boys to check sensitive areas." I gave him a simple order.
"You worried about spies and sabotage?" His eyes lit up.
I just nodded and began heading to the kitchen.
"I will check the chow hall and see if we can get some food started." I waved him to do his duty....
Inside the kitchen was a tornado of pots and pans as I began installing rubber sealing locks to prevent the shelves from losing its content in the future. A maintenance crew came in to check out the equipment damage.
"Tell the boys that they will not have rations on the first day in space even if it kills me.. I will never let that happen!" The happy cook was already whipping up a five foot cake. As the kitchen staff run around still cleaning up the place. Ms Claws was running the show well.
"If you feed us as good as today we will definitely make sure that you can get the pick of the items we bring back from the hunts for you to have fun with." I chimed in.
The surprise and pure excitement of playing with new ingredients made the woman jump in a giddy dance as her wheelchair slid around with precision.
"Can't wait!" Was all I got as she disappeared from sight to get some jam or something?
"Computer report one broken leg in infirmary for my sector." I spoke into the watch.
Beep. It did so.
"Sir we have a problem in engineering and it needs a vet." My second chimed in.
"On my way."
(A problem that needs a veterinarian inside a room full of machinery?) This was unusual to say the least.
"Computer who do we have to solve a possible pest issue? … Please have them arrived on site before me" My curiosity was playing tricks with me.
"That will be Dr Sly. He will be notified” a cute girly voice answered me as the AI was currently testing different voice options.
"Computer do you have a name as I don’t like calling you an item?" I was not happy talking to a nameless co worker.
"Life" she replied with a more mature and business women’s sounding tone made me think that I liked the previous voice for some odd reason, but didn’t notify the AI. My eye twitched to the name as it held a hidden meaning.
-----
Inside the engine room I found a small furry beast intermingled between the wires and not looking so healthy looking. Somehow a Siberian tiger cub was able to get inside the ship and on top of that get itself stuck inside the most important part of the air filtration system.
We had a sabotage specialist on board and a whole ship of potential to go wrong.
I mean if plan A was to stick a baby tiger into the ventilation system to have it damage the said system. Than what was plan B?
Thus was a serious problem and my team had to find and capture one creative saboteur and we had to do it before the cake is done.
(No way are we going to let someone eat the cake to celebrate their ability to escape justice! No. no no no. ... )
"Captain we have a problem in the engine room" was all I sent him knowing that he understood that something bad was happening in engendering. And it was something that had to be kept a secret.
"On my way." Picard’s crisp response followed.

----

After Captain Picard saw the situation and saw me with a small squad already searching every single person and their items as not a single inch of the ship was skipped over. During this search we found even more surprising items that made us scratch our heads.
A tiger in the filtration system.
A dog in the food recycling center.
And a chicken in the main computer relay.
The culprit was also found hiding inside the captain’s chair.
As a tiny human frame still held a dove in her dirty hands.
The child was dirty and definitely looked under the age of ten. Her abandoned to life look spoke of someone else's hand in forcing her to do the unthinkable.
This looks like she was a pawn piece for some cringe underground group of people. A sacrificial pawn who will never be found or missed if killed.
Who wanted the ship to crash back down to earth so that they could get their dirty hands on its technology? We don't know.
But just like one could not blame the five year old for crashing a tank into the white house. No one blamed the poor child for her actions. But her ability to get into tight and hard to reach places was defiantly going to be a bonus to this ship.

1