4 First contact
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the doctor immunized the child and the nurse bathed and dressed her. The kitchen sent in the first slice of cake to feed her. The cake was delivered on a pepperoni pizza plate.

On top of the huge slice of cake using chocolate syrup one simple word was written “HOPE.” It stuck as everyone called her Hope from that moment on.

As the only child in the entire ship she was place under the care of the person who she liked most.... me.

She was not the only addition to my already cramp space as the entire zoo of animals that she came with her never left her side and was now inside my space.

My room was now a mess as the dog was chasing the tiger in playing tag. While at the same time the chicken was playing chess with the dove in the corner. It seems that these are no ordinary pets but more of some kind of super smart lab experiments.

'red alert' the alarm blared the warning. In barely after an hour of free flight appearing into the new section of space that no human has ever seen we had already stared at an issue. The first sight of life was already deadly.
Just a few minutes ago space was being scanned for planets, unknown stars and galaxies. Audio and visual recorded it all and was in posses of identifying. Suddenly a deep scan revealed tree spaceship energy signals. And as soon as they did find that something was wrong.
That’s when the computer automatically responded by issuing the very first red alert.
"All hands to stations. As of now we are in a first contact situation. Let’s hope that it’s friendly, but keep your finger on the triggers just in case."
I ran down the main hallway arming myself as I went along the pre installed weapons that were hidden secret cabinets. They swooshed out to give excess to me as the computer opened it as I was racing past one. Then the computer hid it back into the wall as I ran to the bridge.
The voice of Rahib the second in command under me exploded in action. He will run of all military actions as this was mutually voted on by the rest of the grunts. I didn’t mind as I actually thought that he was more than qualified as we had clashed against each other and together at times. The man was a monster on a battlefield leaving all as corpses in his wake. I was his equal and at times I had to say that he could kill me.
"All areas are under security. Secondary units are places in reserve as needed." Rahib already had it covered. (Good.)
I stepped into the main bridge to get the latest updates and provide military options and coordinate them when needed.

On the bridge:
"We have two against one situation." Picard spoke watching the screen with sadness. Two egg like perfectly smooth ships were spraying lazar fire at a bulky train shaped ship that used some kind of purple directed electric shock to defend itself.

The captain was a big fan of star trek and always wanted to make the first contact with an alien species who will be a great ally in the deep dark space.
But now he had to choose a potential enemy as no matter who the humans desire to help in this conflict the opposing side will sourly become unhappy.

"Blade what's your military opinion on the threat? " Pickard asked me to see if his views on the situation were anything different or could help him decide on the next course of action.

It took me a few seconds to study the action to notice a major flaw in this type of approach to war.
"The "eggs" are not using any projectile weapons and only trying to damage it not destroy it" I relied after carefully observing only to add.

"The single "train " is trying to shortcut the power of the "eggs" also not using any projectile weapons. " taking a second to conclude I simplified the situation by a sentence.

"Possible pirates or someone in training…” I took a breath to dig deeper
“This may be the limit of weapons that they possess" I gave my best thought of possibly of being attacked by either of them.

The firepower on display was not deadly to us as far as I concluded.

The hush that followed meant that I was ether correctly identifying the problem of two different types of spaceships splashing each other with colorful displays of energy attacks.

If my hunch is correct than we can slap them around and not even sweat it as our Millennium Falcon had several thousand of different types of weapons: rocket's, cannons, canons, mines, and every single possible hand weapon that humanity has ever made or dreamed of stored inside" just in case ".

"Pirates or even space police?" the science officer blurred out. Making us think that even in space there should be some sort of police or security guard type of protection.

"Bring us closer slowly. Let them see us." Picard ordered.

"And send introductions using every language and signal possible." Pickard almost forgot why humanity began the trip into the depths of space in the first place. As the sudden war situation threw him for a loop.
(Were supposed to find life ...make friends... learn as much as possible.... and make money at the same time... no big deal... easy as pie... right... almost forgot... expend humanity in the said stars ... and fight for each inch of it most likely....can't wait, this will be FUN!) Picard was exploring all possibilities at this point.

Our ship already came within visual range to the other ships without noticing any changes to the current situation.
"Any response to our hails?" The captain said with irritating gurgling.

"Nothing so far sir." Came the expected reply from Butterfly.

It's not like these aliens have the same technology, or had evolution of speech. Wait did they even have possible mouths to make such sounds for communication? For all we know they can use smells to communicate like ants.

We drifted close enough within a 5 mile range to actually feel the small vibrations on the ship from the alien firefight.

The "eggs" switched to green plasma looking beams as the train shot a chubby bricks that exploded with small triangles.

These triangles slammed like a shotgun and ripped into the eggs only to bounce off only leaving small scratches on the surface. The effect was not really a direct weapon and more of a mine with a small yield on top of that. A total waste of a card.

Pickard realized that his ship will not even have scratches on it as his Falcon had an entire meter thick consecrated tungsten on the outside as a shield. Feeling safe with his plan he made a bold order as the alien ships did not stop exchanging their actions no matter how close we got.

"Do they not see us? Or not care that were here?" the medical chief asked.

"Get in between them and make sure to scratch the paint." he lathed out the order.

BANG - the ship shook a bit as we literally shoved our way into this fight. Just like a bully who walks down the hall to slam you with his shoulders. This time we are using a spaceship to knock some sense into the eggs and train to snap them out of face slapping.

1