11 The tru meaning of “alive”
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In his own quarters Picard was watching a old black and white movie about a doctor who resurrected a dead man.

Frankenstein was a super classic film that tried to poke around the human subconscious inability to exept anything unusual and different from its own kind as an automatic danger.

Humanity was scared of things that were unknown.

The unknown held the biggest denger.

Thus danger was control.

Humanity had to have full control over things in order to understand it. and once these unknown things become known they are under control and are not scary anymore.

If humanity could not control something than it becomes an enemy. Because if a human cannot control it than the uncontrolled item or situation become deadly.

A deadly thing brings death.
A human being craves life not death.

As death was something that man had no control over. And couldn't eliminate it.

It fears it.

So since it can kill me. In order to live I will kill it first.
The unknown becomes an enemy.

This enemy must be eliminated from existence to order first humanity to regain control.

Control over everything was a must.

Pickup was lost in contemplating of what it meant to be a human. As this was an answer he was trying to find in order to explain his unique speases to potential elien allies.

He was going to be meeting new and stange beings that were different from himself and others.
He was going to need to explain who humans were.

In order to come up with the best answer to this question he had to dig deeper into what it meant to be human.

The knock on the door broke his musings as he posed the movie that was helping him to understand humanity itself.

"Come in" Picard ordered.

His second in command entered to update the situation regarding his military officer and a child's injury.

"So what the doctor says is that we now have two super human beings?" The captain was shocked.

"Super is a bit an over statement but basically yes." With a sigh his right hand man tierdly replied.

"I will need to talk with Hope in order to help her understand what is going on with her... wait do we have a counselor on board?" Picard tone was drilling into the walls of his cabin loudly.

"Computer please provide me with most qualified individual fir a counselor position and bring them in " Picard ordered sternly.

The saving of an entire civilization was more important than his crews current situation.

Yes hus heart hurt as the duty of the position forced him to continue working on saving the lives of possibly millions of Jell-O creatures instead of helping his friends and crew.

With grited teeth he had to refocus on his duty.

Several minutes later a tall blonde woman in a gardening attire covered in dirt arrived. She exitedly glowed.
The fact that the captain was needing her was a huge surprise to her.

As the loanly herbalist she loved to mess in dirt more than even children did.
The way its send like textures gave life to seeds and plants just made her giggle.

She was one of several people reasurching the red plants that the spiders grew on themselves.
The cohabitation of plant and animal was amazing.
She was testing to see if the fruit was able to grow ir developed in other ways. If it could grow on rock or water. The possibilities were there and she wanted to know.

Her hand was barried deep as her next test was to see if it could dig its way out when a computer sent her an urgent message to go see the captain.

She was stunned to see it and asked her supervisor if they got any orders from the captain.
After realizing that they didn't know why she was asined to go instead of someone more hier in authority she grew exited.

Finally the she will be recognized for her work and probably will be promoted in her field of work.

Finally she will be in charge.

Finally she will make a garden with real dirt in it not gell like solutions.

Dirt..diiurrrt.. durt! oh we will use dirt... mountains and piles of it.. grimy... sticky... dirty.. DIRT!

She ran out all covered in it.

"How can I help you captain?" The confused woman spoke while picking a flower pettle out of her long hair.

"Mrs Bleach I need your expertise as a counselor to help Hope. As the most experienced person in human psychology and behavior on the crew she needs your help. The comander will send you all the information you need to start. " he spoke calmly but with authority not even giving her the opportunity to object.

"And I believe that I will not need to remind you that this information is confidential." He added to the frozen in shock lady.

"Yes... I .... uh....understand... uummm.... ok... ...." she blurred out with a dying look on her face and slowly staggered out of the captain's office like a zombie.

As she left Picard held his nose back with his fingers and spoke to his right hand man.

"I need Blade in action by the end of the day. I have a bad feeling that we will need him." He stressed out the groan in his gut.

"He is your other wing and a wingless Falcon is an easy pray." comander agreed.

Another knock filled the room as the two men stared at each other trying to find out who asked for more visitors. Realizing that nether of them did the captain spoke to the door.

"Enter." His tone was stirn.

A raptor like creature smaller than a cat stood in the hallway. Its body was covered in metal skin that changed colors, shapes, and style stood their with Hope by its side as Blade. The man that the comander was just talking about himself provides a towering shield completed the strange trio.

The door closed as throbotics. The small dinosaur moved with calm and proud grace while his companions roboticly followed him.

0