Chapter 1
74 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a battlefield that was already decimated as a whole, filled with corpses of soldiers and a smell of rotten blood, Enemy soldiers were digging up holes and were tossing bodies into them.


A mass grave...


There were soldiers who attempted to play dead, however, they were immediately disposed of, through the use of another ball of light or by stabs with weapons coated with venom.


Time passed and the enemy soldiers gave up on disposing the bodies, deciding to leave it up to the beauty of nature instead; let monsters eat them.


The victorious soldiers left with the corpses of their allies along with them, Stabbing their weapons into where they died. 


Soon after, a hand emerged from the ground and another holding holding a pistol. A man pulled himself out from underground, After which he immediately looked around and let out a sigh of relief, Completely relieved he wasn't anywhere near a grave of corpses.


"I'm definitely not suited for this kind of stuff, alright..." The man stated after he brushed off most of the dirt that stuck onto him.


The man was revealed to have light grey hair and fierce eyes that held a tired light.  He also had a dark yellow eye color.


"I can't believe they would actually send out something like that in a tiny war like this." The had apparently seen larger conflicts of warfare judging by how he worded things. 


_______________________________________________


First person PoV


"My ears hurt... that was certainly an annoying attack right here." I got struck by it, But I guess I handled it well. 


I walked near a corpse that wore armor that was decorated well and had medals dangling off. 


"Blessings to the believe- oh wait, I dont need to do that anymore." I restrained myself for trying to bless this poor soul and decided to loot his body instead. "*sigh*"


After looting his body and several others, I got a few useful items and several useless things.


The useless items I got was an image of a boy, an antique sword, A coat which was inferior to the I found earlier, and a suspicious phallic-sized wooden rod.


These soldiers most probably thought they were going to have an easy time to be able to bring the last item. I found a few other things, however, they were just things I had no use for.


I still took the useless items anyway. An antique sword has got to sell for lot, right?


The useful items I got was, A coat that had the mending enhcantment, A bag containing bullets, Dewey rations, and a skill book.


There were probably several more items, however, they most likely got taken by the enemies much more earlier.


I sighed contemplating that this wasn't like me at all. A product of exhaustion perhaps? Or is my heart getting out of touch?


It seems my personality changed after that incident.


I heard a sound of feet running around and glanced at its source. It was a ghoul and it was running towards me. My body stiffend, however, Immediately prepared myself for a fight. 


The ghoul wore the armor of the defeated army , In other words , It was a dead soldier.


The damage this body took was only minimal. Well, It didn't look like this person was injured before that Thing came in and killed it. 


It went on first towards me, while I aimed my pistol at it. This thing had a body that was in perfect condition. The stuff of horror, why not a zombie, instead? 


I pulled the trigger multiple times, Releasing smoke and managed to shoot it near the eyes and shot his toe.


It's balance was a hindered a bit, but it still kept on going. It seems I managed to damage one of its eyes, so I tried to shoot the other one. 


I compeletely blinded it, however, that was only going to slow him and not stop it completely. I brought out a blade and charged it with the light attribute which I regretfully only had.


My skill, [ Brave blade ], A light attribute ability that lets me infuse my sword with light attribute but with better mana circulation and an extra help from my heart and soul.


This was the reason why I chose to wield a short sword as well, To let my mana travel from the hilt to the the tip of the blade faster than how it does to a longer sword.


My sword, infused with my heart and soul, Grew brighter! 


I ran ahead, lowered my body and struck him with my sword! 


"DIE ONCE, DIE TWICE!"


"rr...rieeeeeeiiiyaahhh!!"


The ghoul released a lively scream, Completely unlike its dead appearance. 


The wound it received glowed and let out  blood, which then turned into white cinders whisking away by the wind, Clearly affected by my light attributed attack.


Witnessing the results, I raised my sword to try and attempt to scare off any undead that may be so daring to actually attack me. 


"An absolute win it is."

※※※※※※※※※※※※

Hello there.

1