Chapter 2
40 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a dark and eerie forest, A man was wandering its depths...


Donning a dark green coat, He reveals a sword, Shining brightly as it is pulled out from its sheath...


The light it gave emitted a warning to never get near, A clear sign of defence...


The man sat inside an area free from overgrown vegetation, sheathed his blade and lit a fire.


His mind drifting away to a more deeper line of thoughts...


________________________________________________


First person POV


" The sky looks... ugly." 


I said as I glanced up the sky.


There were no stars appearing, and to make it worse, The two moons only appeared to have only one present.


I don't like it.


However, that wasn't all, The forest lacked something that it was supposed to always have. 


A cause of that recent conflict maybe? I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was, It's also been a few hours since I left that place.


I remembered that wooden rod earlier, An item I stupidly took, for no reason at all.


I took it out with the help of a fallen leaf and threw it at the fire.


And at that same moment, I heard a sound, A sound that resembled huge rocks and wood being thrown at each other.  It also included giant heavy steps.


"What!? Shit, shit, sh-?" 


I unsheathed my short sword and also brought out that antique sword I looted. I prepared myself, taking on a threatening stance until I saw it.


A wooden giant, A walking tree, it was an Ent!


Along with its parts glowing, and I being ready for a fight, It glared at me.


However, its glowing eyes contained no desire to partake in conflict, rather, it had the expression of only investigating.


Its glowing eyes settled down and it went away immediately. 


It didn't attack me? Although, I was armed? 




My heart, it almost seemed ready to receive the full brunt of an adrenaline rush.


Ents are very docile creatures, They mainly roam around and do what they're meant to do. Protecting forests, along with the spirits housed within it.


Attacking them or attempting to inflict significant damage to what they're protecting, would result in them trying to kill you.


Due to what happened earlier, The war I just survived, it seems they're on high - alert. 


The Elven territory that's where I am currently located in.


It seemed that the spirits that used to make this forest look like a majestic haven, hid themselves.


The fairies inhabiting this area most probably evacuated.


The silence permeated through...


The only thing being heard was the fire cackling and devouring its share of wood...


I'm scared.


Also, bringing out this antique sword instead of my pistol would have been a fatal mistake, could the Ent truly be in the mood for a fight.


What stupidity. I guess it was better than shooting it in the eyes and it actually attacking.


I'm stuck. I haven't relaxed and I'm still in the stance I took firsthand.


I became unstuck, slapped my cheek, and decided to sleep.


"I'm a coward..."


I uttered as I slept with my exhaustion taking over.


________________________________________________


The man slept immediately, making sure to wake up, if any monsters were to attempt to pounce on him...


The sun began to rise and its light pierced through the gaps in the forests' trees and leaves... 


________________________________________________


1st person POV


Daytime...


After immediately waking up, I spread my limbs apart and breathed deeper into my lungs.


To lessen any mistakes that may happen, I checked my body's condition. 


My mana circulation seems to be fine.


My muscles seem to be fine and my back seems to be well conditioned.


My joints are alright, exception being the ones around my left arm. 


It seems my body is okay.


My equipment is functioning very well, so It's fine as well.


The destination for today should be... any nearby town would be fine.


I advanced and started looking for trails that may lead me to one. 


Along the way, I encountered Ents. I met one with a fruit hanging from one of its branches, I endured the temptation of taking, fearing it might be an important part of its body. 


I met an Ent covered by vines, and was impaled by spears and swords still stuck onto its body, upon careful inspection, it didn't seem to be in pain and it maybe just treating it as medals of honor.


I met other ones, however, they seemed to be quite normal and might not have enough experience as the ones I met beforehand.


The Ents just walked by , glancing at me before leaving or just stayed stationary.


After a few hours of walking, I found a trail, it also seemed to be often used by carriages. Proven by the tracks often left by wooden wheels and foot prints belonging to animals. Horses? Ground Hogs? Mud dragons? Unicorns may be a good guess.


I happily followed the path, taking a direction that would seem like where a nearby town would be. 


I felt my stomach rumbling, indicating hunger, but I'll deal with it once I get to a town.


________________________________________________

1