Chapter 7
21 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Comaderie POV

"I-Isla, t-the h-human... The g-griffin... it ate- Isla?"

The human... he got eaten? That light, w-who did it? Isla, maybe she knows.

I quickly turned to Isla and then...

"...*sob*..."

I saw her crying... ? Crying? Crying?!

... Isla... is crying!?

"Are you c-crying?! Don't w-we can still s-save him right?! He was pretty t-tough too, wasn't he-"

I've never seen Isla cry even once! Could she really have such heavy feelings for him?! Oh, no, no no no, we need to- to save that human!

We can still rescue that kind mister, right? I mean, he was strong enough to-

I tried comforting her but...

"Shut up..."

She cut me off...  

"Heh? W-what? I-Isla? Hey-"

Confused, I had to ask her.

"I said shut up!" 

I tried to say something again, until I noticed her face, it looked like it was peeling. Red? Blood? Wait, she isn't bleeding...? What? 

I was confused and I started feeling scared... 

Then, the back of my mind, said what it could be...

Could it be... flesh?

"Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!"

What's h-happening to her?

I took my distance and made sure I could see her, but also made sure she was further away.

"......"

"How... did he notice? Impossible! How the hell did he escape anyway?!"

Who is s-she, I-Isla...!

Having had enough, I ran away.

"Monster...!"

The moment I said that, her ears twitched... did she hear me?

"Huh? What did you say...?!, I'm not- my face? MY FACE!"

I was starting to get more terrified, I really should get out of here! 

_______________________________________________

Protagonist POV

"Hahahhahahahaa!"

I was celebrating my satisfying victory while on top of my newly acquired mount... a griffin!

A griffin... very expensive creature that only the most richest of nobles could afford!

They could fly and walk the ground, be used as combat companions because of the skills rhey could learn, and most importantly, Having one could grant you access to a certain hero's sanctuary.

I normally wouldn't care about things like that, however, now that I have one, wouldn't it be great anyway?

 It includes quite a lot of advantages, However, I don't think I'm going to continue with it. 

This griffin, I used a Familiar/Tamer pact that isn't well recognized on to it. I might receive severe penalties if I fail to hide it. Nobody likes having their freedom unwillingly, after all.

I still need this mount and might continue to use it until I truly need to let it go.

I sat comfortably between the griffin's border if fur and feathers.  It would be wise to keep flying low because I still don't have a good grip on this guy's controls. I might get thrown off.

"Lower down, avoid any trees, and keep your eyes keen."

These commands for now will work, hopefully.

Seemingly almost following my demands, the griffin obeys the first order, and made a sharp sink. 

Wait...

Wait, Motherfucker!

"Oh, Goddammit!"

We plunged right into the trees, with me recieving various hits onto my chest and limbs. 

Trying to break my fall, I grabbed onto a nearby branch, which broke, but still managed to create momentum to land easily.

I landed first onto my arms but rolled forward to lessen the force.

"That goddam- huh? Where?!"

I looked around and noticed that the griffin was nowehhere to found. My landing was great and it seems there was no problem with it.

However, I still sustained damage. I can feel an unsettling coldness near my thighs. I checked it and saw it bleeding, impaled with a branch. I pulled it out.

"Oh, my lord... tsk!"

I took out the cloak that I managed to salvage and tore it apart, and wrapped it around my thigh. 

I made sure to wrap it extremely tightly, Enduring the pain that came with it.

I finally decided to stand up and grab a nearby branch to use as a support. 

"Urrghh..."

Since I was surrounded purely by trees, I had to find a clearing or an easy-to-climb tree.

Blind spots aren't fun at all...

It still afternoon, However, the sunset may reach me quickly, so I hurried away. 

_______________________________________________

Sunset- Unknown forest

A fire burns brightly in the middle of a clearing in the forest.

A man that seemed to be taking care of it, threw wood and dried leaves onto the fire.

He then placed a short sword over the fire and left it.

The man appeared to be in deep thought.

"That bird... does it taste good? Does its lion parts stink? How about its wings...."

The man was thinking about culinary details  that involved a certain griffin.

«Protagonist POV»

While wondering how delicious that bird was going to be, I brought out a bundle of Menthamint blooms that I harvested nearby.

They're quite abundant in this area, they cost quite a bit in the market though... is it the elves, or are we simply being scammed?

Anyway, I made a serious expression as if I was preparing myself, which I was.

I took the sword I placed over the fire, and unbandaged my wound. 

I was doing it now. 

I squeezed the Menthamint blooms over my wound and used forced my mana through it, to take all of the liquid stored inside it.

After doing so, I...

*sizzle*

Pushed my sword into my wound...

"AAARGGHHHH- Mmmph!"

To which I reacted with a scream that I soon replaced with a pained muffled sound...

"[HEAL]! [LESSER HEAL]! "

I then frantically started casting healing spells. 

Even though I didn't hope for it to truly be effective , I gradually calmed down, NOT!

*Deep breath*

I gritted my teeth and then...

"Hahaha................ AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! AAAAAGGGHHH!!!"

While laughing and screaming hysterically, I brought out my gun and started shooting everything out of pure sorrow and pain.

2