Chapter 9: COMING IN FULL SWING
13 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Protagonist- POV

"[Illuminate!]!"

I strengthened my mind while I cast a spell onto multiple parts of my armor, causing it to glow brightly and provide the best light it could offer.

However, that was not all.

"[Bestow: Illumination]!"

I gave those who were nearby the same spell. This was done to truly observe strategic momentum. I mean, I would be similar to a female virgin being exposed to a pack of satyrs if I didnt do so. Why not dump a bunch of virgins into the same situation and take the time to escape while the others get- WAIT NO!

Shaking off that truly unholy thought out of my mind, using a skill exclusive to the shield bearer job, my shield started to emit a malicious red aura. I already knew what was going to happen so I did this before hand.

As if truly reciprocating my thoughts, a dark and ominous blade made contact with my shield. As a readied reaction, my shield deflected all of the energy it received onto the mysterious blade- which is no doubt, from that dark magician.

A burst of red streaks came out and blew the dark magician away.

"uhhh- ah! Soldiers! dont let him recover! [Incinerate]!"

As if stunned by the fast-paced event, it took him a while to recover and issue an order, and he also cast a spell before the soldiers could react to his orders.

"You idiots! Stop spacing out and advance, damn it! [shield bash]!"

A man seemingly reliable old man tried to straighten up the troops, and he seemed to possess the same job as I did, seeing as he had the infamous shield bearer skill.

Indeed, jobs, not be mistaken with the other term, exist in this world. Jobs provide you with a wide array of skills, along with the spells you can cast with your magical attributes. Jobs can help you strengthen your abilities with physical and magical skills, as well as grant you with a boosted stat. 

An interesting feature about the system that bestows jobs is that when you have not been granted a Job before, you will be given three main Job choices. They consist of the warrior, archer, and mage jobs. Once you take up one of these, and you manage to reach up to level five, or if youre unlucky, TEN to FIFTEEN, you will be allowed to switch jobs, and the jobs you are most compatible with, will appear on your selections.

The three main jobs signify the roles of vanguard, middle guard, and rear guard respectively. Also, if you performed well on a specific Job class, A skill you may have had will be kept on your skillset. For example, when an adventurer possessing the mage Job, switches to the warrior Job class, a skill may be inherited and kept whilst still having the the new one. The skill [bestow], a skill used to pass on a skills effects onto a subject, can be used alongside with an enchanter skill or an archer skill. This is quite the same method I used, allowing me to bestow my spells onto nearby objects, in my case, my allies equipment. 

"[Iron form]!"

Anyway, while my brother was incinerating the dark mage, I flexed my arm and repeatedly shot it using my rifle. Thanks to the shield bearer skill, [Iron form] I was able to precisely shoot the dark mages limbs. Balance, precision and concentration. You need all three to be able to shoot a rifle, especially with one arm.

"MAGESSSSSS!"

"VANGUARDS, BE PATIENT!"

After the flames got weaker, countless ranged attacks assaulted the enemy mage. Soon after, the attacks ceased and a group of knights held the him down, kicked his head, broke his fingers, and crushed his foot.

Quite a gruesome way to hold someone down, but I suppose its fine, ESPECIALLY SINCE HE INVADED MY HUNTING GROUNDS! 

"CRUSH HIS SCROTUM! RAPTURE HIS SHAFT!"

"young master?!"

"Please dont…"

"Didn't our intelligence report tell he was a demon lord candidate? Theres no way someone like that would be this weak…"

"Dude, he literally scared us. He killed a bunch of us too…"

"Did the intel get something wrong? Maybe he was just a candidate for another position? General? Arch-wizard?"

"huh… maybe so… I mean, why would he turn into a sex offender? What the hell."

I heard something interesting. This guy, a candidate for a different position? Perhaps… Why didn't he just bring a squad of his own and ravage a different village instead? Why did he come alone and managed to stoop so low to be a sex offender? Maybe, He could have just brought a handsome incubus to seduce ladies? So many questions and possible answers. Although, His motives may be quite different.

"Well, we're done here."

I decided that simply going home and doing nothing else would be the best idea for now.

Go home and rest?

>yes

> No, stay here and investigate more.

I choose,

>yes

*this action is unavailable

What?

"LUXIUS! WATCH OUT!"

"wha- GWEEHHHKKK!"

"CAPTAIN LUXIUS GOT TACKLED!"

Luxius? My older brother!?

"Hey, hey , hey! Whats going on here?!"

I shouted as I saw my brother struggle against a dark and mysterious being. 

I tried to jump off the cart I was on, until I noticed that the black slime was still present.

I looked towards the direction of the dark mage and saw that he was smilling, staring daggers at my brother.

"shit! [Bestow: illumination]!"

Supporting the troops would, however, come first. 

I kneed down and decided to shoot the thing my brother was struggling with, and shot its limbs as usual.

With the dark creature unable to keep its balanced because of its damaged legs, my brother rose up and bashed his sword against the it. The creature fell limp and disintegrated.

"Captain! Are you alright?!"

"Madaine, *cough cough* where's my brother?"

He's fine I guess. I glared back at the enemy mage and noticed he was also glaring at me, which in turn, caused me to glare back at him.

"Sonuvabitch."

1