Chapter 47: Bad Luck
28 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don't forget to give stars to the story, and comment too. 

Tell me if there is any grammar that is wrong or inappropriate

____________________________________

Lisa certainly didn't expect this to happen. 

Her eyes widened in horror when she saw his attack easily avoided by him. She didn't just give up, she launched a barrage of attacks targeting Kai's various vital parts. 

Lisa pierced his eyes, neck, and other weak parts that she could go after.

But, no matter how fast the attack was launched by her, that bastard was always able to dodge her attack with great ease. The most annoying thing was his smile, that disgusting smile never went away from his face.

- Why! How could he avoid all my attacks? - her mind was filled with questions.

"Come on, baby, dance hotly!"

"You better go home."

"Boooo!"

Lisa loses her mind as the audience mocks her performance. The fact was that it was not she who was weak, but her enemy, who was too strong for her to defeat.

"Ahhhh!" she ran towards that man and shouted defiantly.

Even if she lost, she would at least make a slight scratch on his face. In retaliation for humiliating her in front of the crowd.

Or at least that's what she thinks.

Kai simply moves to the side to avoid Lisa's attack, tightening his fist before flying his punch into the woman's stomach.

"Kuhagghh!!" Lisa cried out in pain.

Kai's punch was strong and so fast that it made Lisa fly away due to the momentum received by her body. Thrown backward like being hit by a car and crashing into the barrier wall of the arena. Then Lisa fell to the ground like a lifeless doll, leaving behind a wall full of cracks like a giant cobweb.

"Critical hit! Knock out! Participant 2105 wins!" the referee shouted when announcing Kai's victory.

- Boring- he said inwardly.

Kai never hopes to get a matching opponent downstairs, even more so on the first floor like this. This is the place where useless trash is gathered.

After announcing his victory, the referee approached Kai and handed him a small piece of paper. 

The referee also said he was now eligible to climb the 50th floor. 

Kai walked away from the G arena, and various cheers of support were given to him by the audience. A female officer wearing a work uniform similar to the referee earlier waved her hand at Kai, who was walking.

Kai stopped walking and pointed at himself doubtfully. It would be a shame if he approached too hastily and ended up humiliated.

The woman smiled and nodded her head.

After getting certainty, Kai walked towards her, and suddenly the elevator door that was next to the woman opened. 

The woman gave him a small gesture to get into the elevator.

As soon as he went inside, the elevator moved slowly to the top floor. In between the times he was given a little knowledge of how Heaven's Arena worked, Kai listened calmly to her explanation.

Apparently, the first 200 floors will be divided into categories, consisting of 10 floors. For example, a fighter who wins on the 40th floor will go up to the 50th floor, and a fighter who loses on the same level will go down to the 30th floor. 

A short explanation that is easy to understand by Kai. Also, according to the woman's words, after climbing the 100th floor, the fighters would get a private room. It would be very useful for him if he got the private room so that he wouldn't have to bother going back from the Heaven Arena.

*Ding*

"We're on the 50th floor. Please walk in that direction to get the next information, you will find the service counter," she said.

"Hmm, yeah. Thank you so much." Kai got out of the elevator and thanked her.

He walked in the direction that the woman pointed to. 

Kai walked while watching the people walking in the same hallway as him. Soon he saw a counter, next to which was an automatic beverage machine. He walked towards the counter and was greeted by the female officer on duty there. 

Kai gives his today's winning ticket to her, then he gets an envelope containing 152 Jenny.

"What the hell! Only this much? What can I buy with this kind of money?" Kai asked in surprise at the receptionist.

"You can buy a drink from the machine next door." the beautiful woman smiled as she answered.

Her finger pointed to the drinking machine on his right.

"Hey, how many prizes will I get if I win on the next floor?" Kai threw the coin into the air with his thumb.

"On the 50th floor, you will get a reward of fifty thousand jenny, on the 100th floor, the money you will receive is one million jenny."

"On the next floor, the money you earn will continue to increase, up to two hundred million jenny on the 190th floor," the woman answered his question while tapping the keyboard on her computer.

"Is that so? Will I be able to fight again today? The previous session was not even worth calling a fight. " Kai caught a falling coin and threw it back into the air, and so forth.

"If you don't have any injuries, you can most likely compete if you wait in the waiting room."

"Ohh, where is that room?" he asked in a curious tone.

Kai didn't want to leave without a clear direction, the 50th floor was too big for him to explore. 

After getting the direction, he then walked away towards the waiting room, his hand playing the metal coin like a fun toy.

Once in front of the waiting room, he immediately entered the room. Various martial artists were waiting for the next fight just like him, their eyes glancing at him with appraising glances. 

The atmosphere here is a little different than on the first floor, which is too carefree. On the 50th floor, the participants had a unique aura around them. 

The uniqueness of an experienced fighter.

His eyes glanced at them slowly, even though they were strong. It was only a few levels away from the trash that was on the first floor, but he was able to defeat them all by using Nen.

Kai sat in one of the empty seats, waiting patiently for his number to be called. 

Participants who are in the room come and go one after another. But his number was never called by the operator. It was only when he was about to throw a tantrum that the goddamn number was dialed through the speaker.

"Participant number 2105, Kai, will fight participant number 1966, Pedro."

"Please go to arena B on the 57th floor." 

His luck today was too bad, he wondered what sins were committed by him today. After thinking for a while, he was sure that he had not done any evil deeds, maybe.

"Hahahaha, my luck today is good."

A thin man had just entered the waiting room, not even the door was fully open yet. but his turn to fight had already arrived, very different from himself, who had been waiting in this room full of sweat for several tens of minutes.

"Good luck, huh?" Kai felt like his head was about to explode. He muttered in a small voice.

With burning anger, he got up from the bench and walked out of the room. The transparent white energy involuntarily exuded from his body before disappearing like it had never appeared. Although it was seen for a moment, the people around him did not respond to anything, indicating they were not Nen users like him.

- I'll slap that guy in the face later- he thought viciously. 

In the next fight, he will release all the anger he has accumulated today. Pedro is still laughing out loud and does not know about the impending cataclysm approaching him.

0