Chapter 48: Rivals?
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don't forget to give stars to the story, and comment too. 

Tell me if there is any grammar that is wrong or inappropriate

____________________________________

* Thud*

"Kai wins by one more stroke! KO!" 

The commentary lady announced his victory again.

"Wow! You are the best, Kai!"

"Keep winning so we can get rich quick!"

"Enthusiasm! Cheer up!"

The audience shouted excitedly. 

For the past three days, he has been competing in Heaven's Arena and managed to climb the 100th floor after his last victory today. The enemies he fought during the match during this time were weak people, they could be defeated by Kai with one punch in the stomach. 

His fighting spirit was extinguished, and he no longer had any hope of getting a balanced sparring opponent. 

Sometimes he hopes to meet other Nen users and compete. On the first day, he fought the pliable woman and the unlucky guy who was KO'd for a slap from him. 

The second and third days are not much different from the events of the first day.

Since he hadn't gotten a private room in the Heaven Arena yet, Kai rented a room in a hotel not far from here. After the match was over, he would usually go straight home to the inn and meditate. It was all he could do to relieve the boredom he felt at this time until he found a suitable meal.

- On the 100th floor, will the enemies get stronger at that level?- Kai thought about it in his mind.

"Meanwhile in another arena! Damian has managed to defeat his enemy using his fantastic martial arts!"

"Kai and Damian are the dark horses in this period! They have both won six in a row over the past three days."

"They are the participants who managed to reach the 100th floor unharmed!"

"Kai's deadly punch and Damian's martial arts! Who is greater?"

"To what extent did they manage to climb the floor, and who managed to stop their progress?" 

A woman's voice boomed through the speakers surrounding the arena.

Kai turned around to look at the big screen above the arena, which showed a video clip of his fight. Next to his video was a video of someone else's fight, a man making aggressive moves that he had never seen before. 

That man, Damian, managed to defeat all his enemies without difficulty.

Damian in the video clip is depicted as a man who has bald hair, wears boxer shorts, and is shirtless. A ferocious smile flashed across his face as he punched and slammed his elbow into the opponent's face until it bled. 

A very dangerous attack, according to Kai.

Kai stood there and looked at the video for a while. The audience shouted very loudly and excitedly. They were too excited to see who was better between the two. 

"Kai is the best!"

"Damian is the best! You never saw his fight!"

"It's up to whoever is stronger, I want them to go head-to-head in the arena."

"Challenge him to fight Kai! You will win!"

He was not provoked by the sentences that the audience shouted at him. 

Kai just watches the video calmly, photos of him and Damian are displayed next to each other on different colored backgrounds. The energetic music and shrill voices of the commentators further incinerated the audience. 

That's why they came here, to see a thrilling and heartwarming battle.

Not seeing a one-shot battle.

"Damian..." Kai walked slowly towards the exit.

He didn't care about the audience asking for autographs or anything like that. Walking leisurely down the hallway leading to the elevator, Kai pressed the button and waited for a while. 

Shortly after the door opened, he immediately went inside and pressed the 100th floor to get his private room.

"Wait! Hold the door!" 

A man's voice sounded hurriedly from afar. Kai let out a long sigh and opened the elevator door.

When the elevator door opened, the man directly entered the elevator, Kai didn't even look at him. He rests his back on the elevator wall while closing his eyes.

He was pretty tired today, his mental energy was pretty drained.

"Haaa... haaaa... haaaaaa" 

An irregular breath was heard in his ears, he felt disturbed by the bastard's breath. How far did you run to be so exhausted? 

"Cih…" Kai whispered against his tongue.

"Huh? Err, I'm sorry. I stopped by the toilet earlier, so I was late." the man seemed to understand his mistake and immediately apologized.

"It's okay," Kai answered flatly, his eyes still closed. 

"Hmm? Okay~" the man said awkwardly, then shut up.

They were silent, none of them trying to start a chat after an awkward conversation before. So only the sound of their breathing was heard, a very, very awkward atmosphere.

- Fuck! Why is it so long?- asked Kai in his heart.

Back when he went up to the 50th floor feeling not all this time, was it because the female employee was talking to me?

Indeed, chatting with others can sometimes make a person lose track of time, but he is never someone who likes to talk. 

Especially if it's a topic he doesn't like. So, instead of wasting his time and draining his saliva on useless things, wouldn't it be better if he just practiced?

Become stronger.

He has been practicing this habit for a long time, and his teacher also does not dispute his opinion. Not that he will not enjoy the pleasure, but the moment will manifest itself at the right time.

Like when a prey appears in front of him.

* Ding*

Kai was busy monologuing in his mind, eventually raising his head as soon as he heard the clang of the elevator bell. The tightly closed elevator door finally opened as well. He was eager to get away from this awkward atmosphere immediately, hiding in his room.

"Anu... thank you so much for that. By the way, my name is Damian." the man who has been with him introduced himself.

Suddenly, Kai turned his face towards the man in shock.

- That's right, his face is similar to the one the picture shows - he said inwardly when Kai saw the man's appearance.

His bald head is enough to prove the correctness of his opinion. Exactly. They are the same, well, because they're the same people. Kai was silent for a while, then he exhaled the breath he had been holding and walked out of the elevator. 

Damian was behind him, also coming out of the elevator.

"Hey, what's your name?" Damian asked with pure curiosity as he rubbed his bald head.

"Kai... now get out of my sight," he said briefly, driving him away like a mosquito.

Kai walked past Damian slowly, toward his private room on the 100th floor.

Damian stood with a stupid expression on his face because he had already been ignored by the little boy twice. The first one was in the elevator, and now it's just ignored like a blood-sucking insect.

"Kai! You're a Nen user, right?" he shouted to the child.

0