Chapter 60: Freedom
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don't forget to give stars to the story, and comment too. 

Tell me if there is any grammar that is wrong or inappropriate

____________________________________

But just before he could touch the book, an energy barrier suddenly appeared. The energy shield prevented his attacks from advancing further and caused damage.

[Bruce!! What are you doing? Stop it]

The AI system that was supposed to be disabled suddenly spoke in his mind. Bruce, of course, was surprised by this, but he did not answer or pay attention to her words, instead, he immediately entered his overdrive mode and increased his power output to the maximum.

Thick, blackish blood flowed out of his nasal cavity, indicating a dangerous side effect that was happening to his body.

"AAARRRGGGHHHH!! SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU BITCH! DIE FOR ME!" he shouted with all his might while increasing the energy output.

The air sizzled as the two incredibly powerful forces clashed, and the wind blew violently and uprooted all the trees surrounding the battle site.

[You! Humans who don't know how to be grateful…]

The fairy could not finish the sentence because the green flame in Bruce's hand burned very brightly, like a miniature sun, for a fraction of a second before exploding with the power of a nuclear bomb.

For a moment, the world seemed to be enveloped by a very bright light.

Bruce, who was ready for any situation, survived, he closed his eyelids before the suicide attack occurred. His eyes looked at the status screen that was still floating, his pupils slightly trembling violently after reading the information displayed there.

[Name: Bruce Banner 

Race: Human 

Gender: male 

Condition: half of your lifespan has been lost, your soul is wounded.

System features: Gate of Another World, Inventory, Title.

Title: Worldwalker, System User, Researcher. 

Classes: Mage

Sub Class: Nen Fighter

Essence: 0.009%]

An attack that was supposed to blow up a mountain could only weaken the system. Please note that the current system is very, very weak. 

Essence, which initially amounted to 0.021%, has decreased to 0.009%. At least the attack did not fail, and it managed to reduce the power of the system a little. His eyes shone maliciously when thinking of a possibility, and his mouth formed a terrifying demonic smile.

Bruce raised both his hands forward and controlled the cloud of corruption, the green smoke was what was left after the explosion. 

A collection of disgusting green smoke swirled around following his orders, a second later, the entire green mist managed to envelop the entire system's energy shield.

* Ssshhhhh* 

The transparent energy shield hissed when it was invaded by the corrupted energy.

"Hahaha… MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" Bruce burst out laughing when he saw that his efforts were successful.

Essence dropped at high speed along with the attack from Bruce. 

When victory was almost his, suddenly the projection of the fairy who once saved his life from TOBA's hands appeared, flying and hovering right in front of Bruce's face with a very angry expression.

[YOU! I'VE NEVER SEEN A MAN SO CRUEL AS YOU. I CURSE YOU…]

[YOUR LIFE WILL BE SUFFER…]

[Beast!]

[…]

Her facial expression looked very angry, and her mouth berated Bruce with various despicable sentences.

As for Bruce, he only heard her useless babbling.

But his eyes were focused on something else more important, he was so focused on noticing the changes that were taking place on the status screen, that he didn't care about the reproaches that the fairy had delivered against him.

[All right, you forced me to do this. If I can't survive, then neither can you!]

The fairy realizes that her babbling doesn't work for a heartless monster like Bruce. Immediately, she accumulated all the energy that was still available from the system's reserves and focused on one point, she intended to blow herself up.

* BOOOOOMM*

The explosion destroyed everything that was there. 

The ground crumbled, evaporated, and melted into hot lava. The trees flew into the air as if driven by an invisible force. After that, a pillar of golden-colored light shot into the sky, and in a very short time, it illuminated the world.

The beautiful pillar of light is the core of the system, with no shell or shield to protect its existence. 

The dying fairy shot into the sky very quickly.

However, before the pillar of light could escape from here, a mouth composed of a dark greenish mist filled with sharp canines and a slimy tongue swallowed it in one bite. The next thing that happens is that the entire green fog gathers together in one place, and then solidifies, taking on a physical form and becoming something.

The group of dark clouds gathered together within a radius of several tens of meters, and when viewed from a distance, people would think they were looking at a cumulonimbus cloud. 

Chewing sounded from within those dark clouds as an unusually powerful pool of energy slowly compressed. 

The enormous energy along with the core of the system program immediately shrank rapidly, a second later, the entire black cloud had disappeared from this world.

Then a beautiful book appeared in the air.

The pages of the book were mysteriously opened, after which the book fell like a kite that had lost its support and crumbled into gold dust.

The whole world fell silent, proving how gripping the events that had happened just now were.

The townspeople who lived in the city were astonished by the event, they were not able to guess what disaster had just happened or they had missed. But they knew that the calm that was happening now was more dangerous than the riot that had just occurred.

This calmness is the calm before the storm.

Meanwhile, far below the disappearance of the book, a human body was seen. It was charred and drooping limply, among a ground full of hot, greenish-red lava that was extremely poisonous.

"Cough... Cough... Cough... Cough " Bruce, who was about to die, suddenly coughed. 

His current condition was so bad that he coughed as he spat out the blood that had frozen in his throat. His eyes glanced at his thighs.

He was a little sad when he saw his left leg crumble to dust as a result of the explosion just now. Now that he's officially a disabled person, his legs are gone as a result of the burst of energy released by the goddamn bitch.

"Damn, I thought I was going to die."

"But who would have thought? The oath turned out to give me more power than I imagined," he muttered weakly, forcing his mouth to speak.

"Status, show me my status" he commands firmly.

A blue, transparent screen immediately appeared in front of his face. Bruce moved his pupils and read the information displayed there, the corners of his mouth involuntarily rose to form a small smile.

[Name: Bruce Banner 

Race: Human 

Gender: Male 

Condition: Dying

System features: Gate of Another World, Inventory, Title.

Title: Worldwalker, System User, Researcher. 

Classes: Mage

Sub Class: Nen Fighter]

"I think we did it, right?" Bruce asked, but no one answered his question.

When he thought his struggle had failed, suddenly a voice responded to him.

[Sorry, boss. I'm still not used to this thing]

[Oh my god! Look at your body, any woman will be disgusted to look at it, and look at this cute sausage -]

A projection made of light was created out of thin air and appeared beside Bruce's body. 

The projection has a face that is very identical to Bruce's, he is like a life form created from Bruce's flesh and soul.

After his fantastic appearance, he immediately raved at length. Mini Bruce even commented on Bruce's dying health condition.

"Enough! How are you?"

"Were any features damaged, or perhaps lost, as a result of the fight?" Bruce, on the edge of the horn, asked him.

[Hmm, we're pretty lucky, boss. At the moment she blew herself up, I swallowed all her power, thus minimizing the impact that should have occurred]

[The effects of the explosion should be able to destroy half of the continent]

[The system is still working as before, instead of thinking about this less important issue, you better worry about your current situation]

Mini Bruce flew closer to Bruce's face, speaking slowly.

[Hmm? Boss, it seems like the fight just now has attracted too much attention. Should we get out of here?]

Mini Bruce flew into the air, his eyes shining with a futuristic luster as he glanced at the few black shadows that shot here at a very fast speed. Very worried, he signaled a warning to Bruce, his tiny hand pointing towards the south, because that's where the visitors came from.

"Really? Let's go home, Bob. By the way, from today onwards, your name is Bob." Bruce closed his eyelids and breathed calmly.

[Huh? What kind of rotten name is that? Can't you just find another name for me?] 

Mini Bruce did not want such a market name, he was not a pet. 

"Why are you complaining so much? By the way, can you pick up the Kiriko I hunted yesterday?"

"We need his abilities for our journey in the multiverse." Bruce scolded him, then gave him a new order.

[You're the boss]

He replied in a cynical tone before flying in a certain direction within the forest, using small wings attached to his back.

END OF VOLUME 1

2