Chapter 62: Fusion
35 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read ahead, check out my Patreon and access up to 15 chapters ahead of Web Novel and Scribble Hub: patreon.com/AboutMe01.


For just five dollars, you will be able to read all chapters. 

***********************************************

Bruce reached out his right hand, from which a golden spark was created that was very delicate and pleasing to the eye.

The dust is golden and flies around according to his mental orders, sometimes he feels a little Dejavu every time he does that.

Every time this happened, he felt as if he were a Logia-type Devil Fruit eater. As we know about the Devil Fruit users, they can manipulate certain elements according to the type of Devil Fruit they eat, such as the sand Logia Devil Fruit eaten by Crocodiles.

While he was immersed in his thoughts, gold dust continued to fly around his body. 

After a while, the dust finally gathered again and became a metallic-colored Grimoire.

The outer surface of the book is coated with a kind of dark-colored metal, and unique motifs are very beautifully engraved in the middle of the book. With some small gems inlaid in each corner of the visible motif, the feel given by this book is very luxurious.

When someone sees this beautiful book, they will not be prejudiced against the owner, right?

"Should we do it today, Bob?"

"My curiosity can't be held back any longer, and my hands itch so much just thinking about this experiment," Bruce asked his alter ego, rubbing his palms like a drug addict.

Bob glanced at him, then turned his eyes back to the book and exclaimed.

[HOYEAH!! That's what I've been waiting for, baybeh!!]

Bob shouted like an ape whose buttocks were on fire, the look in his eyes at this time exuded an extremely exaggerated euphoria. It seems that Bruce is not the only one who can no longer bear to immediately mess with Hatsu, it turns out that there is someone who has more severe symptoms than himself.

"It seems like asking you is a futile thing," Bruce replied with a sneer.

[Hurry up! Let's start with the less useful abilities for us]

"Okay," he said shortly before opening the book.

On the first sheet of the book, there is an image of a thin membrane like a meat membrane, almost similar in shape to the wings of a sugar glider. 

Unlike the sugar gliders we know because they can only glide through the air, Kiriko's magical beast wings allow them to fly high in the air like a bird. Although they are not birds, they are animals that can fly.

For those who are curious, there is a funny reason why Bruce chose not to assimilate with this ability. The reason is very simple, he just does not want to appear ugly in public. 

Kiriko is a species of magical beast that can fly high in the air, but the location of the wings is not in harmony with Bruce's taste in various things, and fashion is one of them.

[Are you sure you don't want to assimilate the wings? At least you didn't limp when you walked here and there]

Bob offers his opinion in a businesslike tone, and then he demonstrates the movement of a limp, and his evil intentions can Bruce detected.

"Shut the fuck up, Bob! You just want me to look ugly, right?" Bruce replies quickly.

"By the way, should I combine these wings with owl wings?" he immediately asked his alter ego.

Not waiting for Bob to answer, Bruce immediately opened the next page.

On the second sheet of the book, there is a picture of white feathered wings with a slight blackish tinge in each of their fine feathers. 

There was no need to bother guessing it, it was indeed the snow owl's wings that he got yesterday. Bruce used his ability to get night vision and also the ability to fly from the snow owl.

Before using his ability on the owl, he first used it on Kiriko, who was already dying. 

Steal the magical beast's ability to transform into a human, as well as its ability to fly.

By the way, the process was not as smooth as he thought right now, he first had to wait until Kiriko came to his senses before he could use his abilities.

An angry Kiriko of course refused to make a trade deal with him. Bruce, who had expected it, directly used his ability, stealing Kiriko's unique ability.

The process must be repeated by him twice.

In the first turn, he uses it to get the shapeshift ability, and in the second turn, he uses it to get the wings.

The thing that frustrates him the most when stealing other people's abilities is the cooldown. The rarer and more powerful the ability he stole, the longer it would take him to use Merchant Fury again.

[Boss! Before starting this experiment, I want to say something important]

[The fusion success rate of the two abilities is 30%, and 50% if they are completely matched. Are you sure you want to continue?]

Bob warns himself of the possible risks, but Bruce remains indifferent to his comments. 

In his personal opinion, if this experiment fails, he can steal other abilities to carry out the next experiment. 

I mean, why bother with trivial decisions?

Bruce dipped his right palm into the first sheet of paper, and ripples formed from within the sheet like the surface of a lake. 

He was seen fumbling for a few moments before he immediately pulled back his palm, a glowing ball within his grasp. He turned the next page and dipped the palm of his left hand into the second sheet.

Bruce follows the same process and does exactly what he did before.

"Want to make a bet?" Bruce, holding two glowing balls in his hands, challenged Bob to a gamble.

[Huh!! Someone like you can't keep your promises. Your chances of keeping your promise are 00.0%] 

Bob glanced at him with a cynical look and made fun of Bruce with a caustic phrase. 

When he heard his words, all Bruce could do was blush, because his personality was exactly what Bob described.

"This time, I promise you. My feeling today is pretty good, it looks like this fuse will be successful," he said confidently, high confidence radiating from his face.

[Whatever, if it fails, you have to kiss Elsa on her lips]

"What? No! I'll kiss her on the cheek, that's if I lose this bet." 

[What do you mean on the cheek? A kiss must be on the lips]

"What do you know? You're just a collection of my consciousness..."

….

Two white transparent balls collided, colorful sparks flying everywhere as a clash of power ensued.

The two spheres seem to be fighting, each of them vying to colonize enemy territory and claim it. 

A buzzing sound was heard as the two objects defended their respective rights.

Time seemed to be running very slowly when this happened. A few minutes later, it seemed that who was the winner and who was the loser could already be decided. 

A transparent sphere inside which there are webbed wings finally wins. The ball swallowed the ball next to it like an army of invaders, eating it like a hungry beggar.

After the complicated process was completed, the glowing ball seemed to vibrate unstably. 

"No, no, no. Please don't explode, don't give up! Come on, you can do it." Bruce frantically cheered for the ball, trying things that might work.

A crack suddenly appeared on the right side of the ball, and the torn wound widened until it reached the other side.

A second later, the transparent ball split into two parts and shattered into pieces.

* Poof*

[Ding! Fusion failed]

"Fuck! In the end, the fusion failed," he said irritably, wiping away a little cold sweat on his forehead.

"Very beautiful, what is that glittering thing?" 

A beautiful, melodious, and soothing voice suddenly sounded from beside Bruce's ear.

The interruption took him by surprise.

"Huh? Since when you were there? I can't detect your presence." Bruce hurriedly looked in the direction the voice was coming from and exclaimed in shock. 

Elsa stood so close to him, and what was most astonishing was her presence. 

She seemed to disappear from where his sense belonged, it was necessary to know that he had never relaxed his vigilance in the slightest, anywhere, or at any time. Bruce twisted his brain for a while before suddenly his eyes widened. He thought of a very dangerous possibility.

"You..." he pointed at Elsa with a feeling of slight disbelief.

Bruce trembled slightly as he tried to ask the question. 

How could he not? 

He had only demonstrated the technique once yesterday, only once, and now Elsa was able to master it. With the new version?

"Hehehe, I managed to recreate your trick," Elsa replied coquettishly while making a V-sign with her fingers.

"By the way, I also caught the animals you wanted, all I could find were five of them."

"Sorry if it's less, tomorrow I'll look for more," she said regretfully. Elsa lowered her head while spreading her hair.

"Come here..." Bruce pulled Elsa into his arms, then he lowered his head and kissed her.

"Ahhhh!…"

***********************************************

Footnotes: 

1. Bruce can combine two abilities, but the two abilities to be combined must have the same effect in some aspect for him to fuse them. The mixing of the two abilities will be random, with a fusion success rate of only about 30–50%. 

2. Never underestimate the power of a Disney Princess, or you'll regret it for the rest of your life as a cursed snowman.

2