Chapter 2-I which Calais becomes an unpaid cleaner
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

,,So what do I need to pack?” Calais asked, as she got a messenger bag out of a cupboard. Natty was sitting on her bed, drinking a strawberry smoothie.
,,Whatever you think you might need. Some weapons. Magic stuff. Poof.”
Calais turned to glare at Natty.
,,Why do you assume I own all of that. I don’t exactly do magic in class.”
Natty scoffed. She crossed her legs.
,,Well I can’t help you. Just pack some shirts them. And a toothbrush. Also, food. I don’t know how to cook and neither does my…pal. In any case, you’ll have to survive on your own.”
,,What if Verita comes after me?” Calais stuffed a T-shirt into the bad. Natty finished her drink and placed the empty glass on the floor, to which Calais frowned, went over, picked it up and put it in the sink.
,,She won’t, I can assure you.”
Calais didn’t answer and instead got some yogurts out of the fridge.
,,Well, I’m done.”
,,Finally” Natty jumped off the bed ,,Took you long enough! Now let’s go!”
,,Right” Calais turned around and went to the door.
,,What are you doing?” Natty asked. Calais stopped and turned to her ,,Leaving?” she asked.
,,Through the door?”
,,…Yeah?”
,,Oh no silly!” Natty shook her head ,,We’re leaving trough…” she motioned with her head towards Calai’s bathroom door ,,There.”
,,First you sleep in my bathtub and now you…”
,,Actually sleeping in the bathtub is Beryl’s weird habit, not mine. I wanted to play pretend in a more…realistic manner.”
Unknown to Natty, Calais had a single wish. Even though when she had first seen Natty in magical Beryl disguise and got scared, Calais really hoped that she would get the opportunity to see her like that again. Or, even better, the real-life Beryl herself.
,,Okay but why the bathroom door again?” Natty raised a finger.
,,Allow me to show you…” she then opened said door. And, like in any other fantasy story, the door turned out to be a magical portal.
,,After you” Natty grinned.
,,No, after you, I insist” Calais fake smiled.
Natty moved towards Calais, grabbed her arm and then dragged her towards the door.
,,Actually maybe I can talk this out with Verita, ha ha…”
,,Too late!” Natty pushed Calais through the portal.

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗
The rebellion headquarters looked terrible. Calais looked around and thought that the place was really in need of a makeover, ASAP.
Natty appeared from behind her. She took a seat on the dirtiest couch Calais had ever seen.
The couch wasn’t the worst thing in the room though. Black ooze was all around the room. From inside of a wall grew plants and flowers, all of which looked terrible. The couch was full of other weird plants. On a table there were dirty glasses, some of them filled halfway with smoothies.
The carpet hadn’t been cleaned in years. The chandelier didn’t even have light bulbs.
In short, Calais stared at the whole image in horror.
As some sort of clean freak, the scenery before her was very disappointing.
,,Are those yours?” she asked Natty, while pointing at the dirty smoothie glasses on the table. Natty spared them a glance and answered thus:
,,Yeah. I’ll wash them…eventually.”
,,Tch…”
,,In any case” Natty yawned ,,Vincent’s not here yet. Probably out gambling his life away.”
The girl then pointed towards a half-broken door.
,,There’s a spare room for you there. Go make yourself comfortable.”
Calais really didn’t want to go. But she had no other choice but to do so. No one knows how she managed to get past the cobwebs in the hallway but she decided to enter the room that looked the cleanest.
The room itself was dark blue with a single desk lamp that lit up the whole area.
,,One, two, three, four…” a sudden voice could be heard. Then the same person whined.
,,I hate this!”
,,Whoa you need to chill” Calais said, even though she didn’t see the person.
,,Go away Natty. You’re the reason I’m broke.”
,,Uhh I’m not Natty.”
The person got up from underneath the covers where they were hiding.
,,You’re the new one? Cala-i-s?”
The dude in front of Calais looked very young, like 14 or possibly 15. In any case, his eyes were bright blue and were literally shining.
,,Vincent, nice to meet you” he said ,,Tell Natty that she owes me 50 bucks, will you?”
,,Sure…uhh, where’s my room…?”
,,Oh. Riiiiight. Natty told me to clean one up for you. Uhhh…I didn’t have time to do it…”
,,No worries. Just tell me where it is.”
,,Uhh…the room next to Natty’s which is in front of mine.”
,,Alright” Calais turned to leave ,,Also uhh…Vincent. Natty was looking for you. She’s in the living room.”
,,Crap” was all he said before Calais exited.
Calais got the filthiest room ever. Conveniently, Natty had placed a broom into the room for Vincent to clean, but the boy didn’t do it.
And so, in the spawn of three hours, Calais had cleaned the room and made it shine.
Right after she was done and started unpacking her clothes, Natty’s voice called: ,,DINNERTIME!”
Surprisingly, the kitchen was cleaner than the rest of the house. Unsurprisingly, dinner was, in fact, not ready.
Instead, Natty and Vincent were playing cards. Natty won, making the kid throw the cards he had left on the table and sulk.
,,Uhh…dinner was ready? Calais assumed.
,,Oh yeah, we were hoping that you would…cook for us…” Natty explained.
,,What ingredients do you have?”
,,Good question!” Vincent stood up and led Calais to the fridge. He opened it.
,,As you can see, there’s nothing.”
Calais face palmed and then shared the food she had brought.
,,I was thinking about giving this whole place some cleaning” Calais suggested ,,As you can see, it’s very dirty and you two don’t really bother to clean it.”
,,Cleaning yeah…but what about Natty’s plants?” Vincent pointed out.
Calais turned towards Natty.
,,Those were yours?”
Natty averted her gaze and then said:
,,Yeah. I tried using my powers. I sort of failed.”

0