CH 3 The Realization
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
While observing the heated debate on the channel, Norman noticed an increasing number of people engaging in a lively conversation about the facilities and sub-functions.
 
As for the system that has provided us with information, it has been criticized for being ambiguous and lacking proper guidance.
 
But no one ever mentioned the golden text that he's been seeing.
 
A strange look gradually appeared on Norman's face.
 
Logically speaking, if everyone is like him and can see the gold text other than the normal information, even if only some people can see it, someone in the communication channel should come out to give an explanation or just ask what it was.
 
After all, this is not a secret if some of them have it, and it will not have any impact on what they use it for, and it is not worth hiding.
 
However, Norman searched the channel chat for a long time but did not see any topics related to the golden text.
 
He frowned and touched his chin when he started thinking.
 
"Is this some kind of bug in the system? Or a cheat such as those from fanfics I read about?!"
 
"If it's a system mechanic, or is it only for a few pioneers that have it, why don't other people question it on the channel? If it's a cheat or bug... Just being able to see the gold text is a bit useless, isn't it? or Is it useful... mmmmh?"
 
Norman was confused, not sure why he would have such a cheat or bug, if that is what you want to call it.
 
After pondering for a while, he was still confused, so he simply ignored it.
 
"Forget it; let's ignore this for now. The most important thing is to get acquainted with the submarine as soon as possible and then make plans to get to the gathering outpost."
 
"Time doesn't wait for anyone; I can't waste time debating if it is or not!"
 
After making up his mind, Norman looked away from the center console display, got up, pressed the hatch door switch in the cockpit, and walked out.
 
In fact, the system's explanation of the subframe is that it's extremely small in size but also has simple facilities, and well, there's really nothing much to explore inside the subframe.
 
Out of the door hatch of the cockpit, there's a living compartment and an airlock in the back of the room leading to the outside, which started giving Norman some creepy vibes about what's waiting for him out there.
 
After a while of looking around, the overall size of the sub being 10*10*8 meters was ok for Norman.
 
Norman looked around and found a simple bed in the innermost part of the living cabin.
 
When his eyes stayed on the bed, the mysterious golden text appeared again in front of him.
 
(Info Drop: A simple bed is the most basic necessity that can provide you with a place to sleep. Just so you know it's not comfortable, when you arrive at the gathering outpost, you can spend mileage points to buy a better bed, which would improve your quality of sleep.]
 
"What the... objects also have information about them?"
 
Norman was stunned. At this moment, he finally realized that something was wrong.
 
The golden text that appeared right in front of me did not seem to be aimed only at the center control panel.
 
Anything he pays attention to seems to be introduced by the golden text.
 
Once he was distracted or looked away, the gold text disappeared from sight.
 
When he looks back and concentrates on that object again, the golden text will appear again.
 
"Incredible... so it seems that the golden text appears when I concentrate on an object or anything I look at. Interesting. Could this be a talent or a passive skill? It could also be a bug that came from an abrupt teleportation.
 
Norman frowned in thought and touched his chin out of habit.
 
"Although this information or info drop of mine... yeah, info drop, that's what I'm going to call it for now because every time I look at something, it drops me information, and it can be regarded more as an analysis or identifying skill."
 
After pondering for a while, Norman turned his head, intending to learn more about the other objects in his sub.
 
On the wall on one side of the living cabin, two strangely shaped devices are placed.
 
Looking at it, I saw that on one of the devices, the label on the box said manufacturing station.
 
Norman focused his attention, and the golden text appeared again.
 
(Info Drop 'Crafting Station': It can be used to craft various materials and daily necessities, including food, and can upgrade and improve your submarine. You only need to put the corresponding amount of resources into it. When you get a new crafting blueprint, you can add it to the list and unlock it for crafting.)
 
Norman nodded and then curiously opened the crafting station.
 
Suddenly, a whole list of the items appeared right in front of him.
 
[Fresh water extractor: iron 0/5; copper 0/5]
 
(Info Drop: Most important equipment to have; without it, you will die of thirst before you get to the gathering outpost, sooo... get to it!)
 
[Harpoon Launcher: Iron 0/5]
 
(Info Drop: A medium- to short-range light weapon that can fire harpoons at high speed and is suitable for any environment. It is a powerful weapon for killing small aquatic creatures to medium aquatic creatures if aimed at weak spots.)
 
[Underwater lighting rod: plastic 0/1; fluorescent grass 0/1]
 
(Info Drop: It can dispel the darkness within 20 meters for five minutes.)
 
[Energy Bar: 0/5 Edible Fiber; 100ml Fresh Water]
 
(Info Drop: It can maintain your hunger in times of need; though low on nutrients, it can still keep your hunger at bay!)
 
[Grilled Fish: Small Fish 0/1]
 
(Info Drop: Any small fish caught can be grilled, and the different kinds of fish you catch will have different tastes. So why don't you try to catch them all? Also, if you catch too many, you can consider selling them for supplies on the market.)
 
[Fishing Net: Plant Fiber 0/10]
 
(Info Drop: It is used to catch fish by hanging it on the tail of the submarine; the probability of catching fish is not high, but you never know; you can still catch a fish if you use it wisely in a situation where it can work well!)
 
The items on the crafting list were incredible, to say the least, but they all require different materials to be synthesized in order to be crafted.
 
For each item, the golden text gives a corresponding introduction to what it does.
 
Also, in addition to the crafting list, there is a modding list in the crafting station.
 
[Primary Sonar System (0/3), upgrade requirements: Iron: 0/10; Copper: 0/10; Carbon: 0/10]
 
[Submarine Hull (0/5), upgrade requirements: Rebar: 0/20; Titanium: 0/20; Iron: 0/20]
 
The list of modifications is obviously for upgrading the submarine.
 
And the materials required for upgrading are more than what is required for crafting!
 
All kinds of materials will undoubtedly be very valuable resources.
 
Norman briefly browsed the items in the crafting station and, after doing so, came to understand what the station offered. He then closed the list on the station and turned his attention to another device next to him.
 
[Weapon Station]
 
(Info Drop: Here, you can manufacture all kinds of sub-borne weapons and ammunition, including torpedoes and underwater firearms, etc., but due to the simple hull structure of the submarine, currently only one type of sub-borne weapon can be equipped; please choose carefully!)
 
"It turns out that the sub-based weapons have to be made by oneself. This is not going to be easy, huh."
 
Norman held his chin thoughtfully and opened the weapons station.
 
[Electromagnetic Turret: Steel: 0/20; Copper: 0/20; Iron: 0/20; Aluminum: 0/20]
 
(Info Drop: This sub-borne weapon has high cost performance and strong versatility and can cause greater damage to small and medium-sized aquatic creatures. For larger aquatic creatures, it is recommended to use it during the next phase when you reach the gathering outpost.)
 
[Machine Gun Turret: Steel: 0/20; Copper: 0/20; Iron: 0/20; Aluminum: 0/20]
 
(Info Drop: The damage of this sub-borne weapon is average, but the rate of fire is its charm, which can cause great damage in a short period of time. However, the ballistic dispersion of a long-distance target is too wide, as you won't hit the intended target. Also, this sub-weapon is suitable for multi-turret link use, but due to the excessive consumption of ammunition, it is not recommended for use during the early phase.)
 
[Laser Turret: Lithium: 0/10; Sodium: 0/10; Steel: 0/20; Copper: 0/20; Iron: 0/20]
 
(Info Drop: The sub-borne weapon has strong penetrability and can cause serious damage to creatures of any size, but the charging time is slow, and the fault tolerance rate, meaning the ability to maintain proper operation in the event of failures or faults in one or more of its components, is extremely low when dealing with smaller creatures, but if there are larger aquatic creatures, it will overheat. It is recommended to place them with other turrets.)
 
There were not many types of sub-borne weapons in the weapon station; there were only a few in total.
 
Judging from the names alone, it will be difficult for the rest of the pioneers to judge the performance of various turrets.
 
Once the choice is made, that's it; it's more likely to affect other pioneers who don't know what each turrets does.
 
But with the golden text, Norman could easily make a choice, and the information drops can give him the optimal solutions.
 
"This cheat of mine is a godsend; though knowing hidden information is cool and all, at least understanding the surrounding information can help me be ahead of the competition."
 
A smile appeared on Norman's face, and he nodded with satisfaction.
 
I should stay here for a while at the weapon station and get a general understanding of the types of weapons on the list.
 
Norman found that whether it was a hand-held weapon or a sub-borne weapon, it was not something he could make at this time.
 
There are too many resources required, and it will be difficult to gather them together.
 
Therefore, Norman stopped and looked at the airlock entrance on the side that led to the outside of the sub.
 
He walked towards it and stood there, thinking of the creepy vibes from earlier.
 
After a while, he opened it, and several items were stored inside.
 
[Ordinary diving suit]
 
(Info Drop: It can withstand the water pressure of more than 3000 meters in your journey to the deep abyss, but sooner or later you're going to have to make a better one for deeper dives, so be advised; your oxygen meter can be maintained for 30 minutes; the material it's made of is average; and it is easy to break after being punctured or attacked by an aquatic creature!)
 
[Handheld mining tools]
 
(Info Drop: All kinds of mineral resources can be mined, and the mining speed is average.)
 
[Dive knife]
 
(Info Drop: It can be used for CQC, and it can also be used to collect plant resources.)
 
[Harpoon]
 
(Info Drop: The most basic underwater weapon, it can cause a certain degree of damage to small fish and smaller aquatic creatures, but for the most fearsome aquatic creatures, it does not pose any threat. After loading it on a harpoon launcher, it can increase its lethality.)
 
After reading the introduction to these items, Norman frowned.
 
"This survival game is really not going to be simple, is it? Huh, just how dangerous are these abyss creatures, and how much more when I get deeper and deeper?"
 
Under the premise that the golden text is not clear enough, Norman also needs to go into the water and collect materials by hand in the dark abyss with nothing but him and a stick (a harpoon). That's just insane!
 
But imagine that for those who suffer from deep-sea phobia, just sitting in the cockpit and seeing everything outside the porthole is enough to make them shudder.
 
How could he possibly have the courage to put himself in the dark abyss as well?
 
"This setting of all earthlings being teleported into the depths of the ocean is so unfriendly to people with deep-sea phobia, and lets not forget claustrophobia... fuck!"
 
Norman smiled bitterly, murmuring silently in his heart.
 
Suddenly, a thought came to Norman's mind, and at the moment when he thought of collecting materials, he vaguely grasped something.
 
Immediately afterwards, a crazy thought flashed across his mind, and he started breathing hard.
 
"The system instructions before said that all resources and treasures would be displayed on the submarine's sonar display in the form of green HV points or dots!"
 
"However, even if detected, there is no information about what it is!"
 
"Then what if I concentrated on these HV points? Can it also give me a golden text and then give me an info drop on those unknown HV points?"
 
1