V3_Chapter 5: Mashed Potato Recipe
78 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V3_Chapter 5: Mashed Potato Recipe

In the West Tokyo qualifier, Seidou High School against Maimon High School

In the first half of the second inning.

With a strong hit from the Captain, Seidou High School’s joyful time to make mashed potatoes began.

Of course, this was only for Seidou High School. For Maimon High School, the next half hour or so was their biggest nightmare since they played baseball for three years.

No Out, runner at second base.

With the low growl of ‘Ugaah’, Masuko Toru walked to the strike zone.

After receiving signs from Kataoka, Masuko adjusted his batting stance and grip.

Instead of chasing long hits, he’s looking for a strong grounder.

His strength is enough, and now the most important goal is to hit the ball solidly.

At a time like this, the catcher of Maimon High School has not yet sobered from the powerful swing of Tetsu.

In his mind, the memory of the swing started to repeat again and again.

‘We are not at the same level at all!’

These words were not spoken, but they clearly appeared in the heart of the catcher of Maimon High School.

His fighting spirit has completely gone.

However, he is already in his third grade, and he has not completely collapsed.

Even if he can’t win, he wants to play a good game, a game worthy of his three years of hard work.

Normally, the more you train, the more calm your performance during the game is.

It can be seen from this that even though Maimon High School is a public school, the efforts of their players are worthy of respect.

After calming down, the catcher noticed Masuko’s grip, which wasn’t very long and seemed to be trying to hit a solid.

‘The opponent is likely to swing the bat on the first ball, so use the breaking ball on the first ball.’

A Submarine side-throwing form!

Even a Famous high school as Seidou High School, and they have never seen it before. Seeing them for the first time, it is natural for them to miss the center of the ball.

The catcher at Maimon High School came with this plan in mind.

His plan is not wrong!

Masuko, who is not very good at hitting breaking balls, and the catcher made the first Pitch harder to hit the center of the ball.

‘This is okay!’

With a loud shout in his heart, Maimon’s catcher was ready to remind his teammates to guard.

However, what happened next left him stunned.

Ping!

The metal bat only partially swept the baseball.

Nevertheless, this half-swing still sent the white ball forward.

He saw a white light rising into the sky and then bounced back into the outfield.

With a normal short grip, Masuko hit a solid hit. Without hitting the center of the ball, he used tyrannical power to forcefully sweep the ball out.

With a hit, Masuko took the opportunity to rush to first base.

Tetsuya had been prepared for a long time ran directly from the second base and advanced to the third base bag.

The situation became, no Out, runners at first and third base.

The outfielder of Maimon High School can still return to defense fast, otherwise, Masuko can go to second base, and he can even return to home plate directly.

“Amazing, Masuko-senpai!”

“Consecutive hits!”

“Cool!”

“No Out, runners on first and third base. A good chance to score!!”

In the stands, the players from the Second String and the Third String stood up excitedly and cheered Masuko.

In the previous practice games, Masuko’s performance has been fluctuating quite a bit.

This made many people who cared about him very worried.

Now, in the first game, he hit a strong hit, which finally made these people breathe a sigh of relief.

The rest area of ​​Seidou High School.

Coach Ochiai, replacing Manager Ota, sat on the bench. (YESS!!)

Before the competition, Kataoka suddenly went to him and asked him to be his advisor during the Tournament.

“I have very little experience in competitions, especially the experience of Koshien. I hope that Ochiai-coach will remind me in time if he discovers anything.”

Compared to Ota, who is without much sense in baseball generally, Ochiai’s expertise is even more valued by Kataoka.

At the Kanto Tournament, Kataoka had a problem in this regard.

If Seidou is aiming for National Hegemony, Kataoka believes that Ochiai’s experience will be of great help to him.

This makes Ochiai very comfortable.

Although the school did not give him an increase in salary, he happily agreed to Kataoka’s request.

It’s just that an opponent like Maimon really needs him to give advice.

Ochiai was very skeptical.

“This swing is very good, if it is honed well enough, it will become a very terrifying strong swing.”

With a half swing, he almost swept the ball off the field.

Masuko has a terrifying strength!

Kataoka agreed with Ochiai’s suggestion.

“He has noticed this. As long as we can adjust his swing and achieve good results, he will also be favored by professional baseball.”

Ochiai nodded: “By the way, I heard that there was a scout who visited you specifically for Yuuki.”

“Yes, there are three!”

Ochiai looked up in surprise.

Seidou has not entered the Koshien for several years in a row, lacking such an important resume, and Yuuki has the favor of three professional teams.

‘Not simple, really not simple.’

Compared to Sagara-Kokai High School, his previous school, Seidou seems to be more recognized by professional baseball.

“Sixth Batter, Catcher, Takigawa-kun.”

After Masuko, it was Chris who stepped into the strike zone.

“Come on, Chris!”

“Good luck, brat. Now’s the time to do something great.”

“That guy is too lucky. Just came back to participate in the competition, and this kind of juicy meat was delivered to your door.”

The cheering of third-year seniors is unique.

However, this surprised Sawamura.

‘Chris-senpai, even after the one-year window. Isashiki-senpai, Ryo-nisan, and other Senpais can get along with him like that.’

‘It’s not easy~’

‘Catcher of the third year!’

This title, while a bit of an insult to the third-year seniors, but at the same time it brought them a form of unity.

It is precisely because they are weak that they are more united, more united than any previous year before in Seidou High School.

When Chris was injured, he was training hard because of his companions.

Now, he is back! The third-year senior, like his family, welcomed him with open arms.

“I don’t have to worry about you!”

As the best talent of his year, Chris has top-level strength even if he has a one-year gap.

Ping!

It looks like a mediocre swing, but it hits the ball solidly.

Chris had a well-timed hit to give Seidou the lead.

No Out, runners at first and second base.

Yuuki ran back to home plate and Seidou led the score by one point.

0:1!

In the face of a very rare Submarine side thrower Pitcher, the batters at Seidou High School seemed to be playing their game and hitting consecutive hits.

In Seidou’s dugout.

Miyuki pouted in dissatisfaction.

“Me too!”

Although Chris-senpai’s hits are clean and cool.

But Miyuki Kazuya also didn’t think that he would lose to him if he went up.

Honestly, he felt uncomfortable watching the game from the bench!

T/N: The Third Chapter! Thank you all for reading, and have a nice day!

You also can check my Patre0n for extra Chapters.

patre0n /ColdColt

There are +75 Chapters there.

3