V3_Chapter 14: The Clock Work
60 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V3_Chapter 14: The Clock Work

In the first three innings of the match between Seidou High School and Murata East High School, Murata East’s players lost hope in front of the terrifying pitch of Furuya.

This is not what they signed up for, they can face humans not the monster-like pitching of Furuya.

People who like to read martial arts novels must have read such a sentence,

In the world of martial arts, only speed is invincible!

The same applies to baseball.

In theory, if your pitching speed reaches 200 km/h (125 Mph), you are absolutely the best pitcher in the world, and maybe history. You have no need for ball power or break, just a Straight ball. (Of course, ball control is still required.)

No batter’s swing can keep up with that pace. Even if they are lucky enough to touch the ball, it is impossible to hit such a ball forward.

This is the magic of ball speed!

In the world of ball speed, every 5 km/h (3 Mph) represents a completely different level.

In the previous life, Sawamura reached a very high level in the breaking balls. However, the first thing he honed after returning to his childhood was still ball speed.

Sawamura’s goals are not high, as long as his ball speed is 10 km/h faster than in his previous life.

Then he is absolutely sure to become a legend!

It’s just a pity that when his ball speed was honed to close to 140 km/h in this life, he encountered the legendary bottleneck again.

The speed of the ball below 144 km/h can theoretically be improved by the player’s own training. Above that, it is not a realm that can be achieved by hard work.

Just like the ball speed of Furuya, Hongou, and Narumiya.

In terms of hard work and experience, how can they be compared with Sawamura?

Nevertheless, their ball speed is faster than Sawamura's.

It’s a natural talent!

Of course, it doesn’t all come down to talent. In addition to talent, they themselves need to work hard enough, if they don’t work hard enough when they are young, they will lose their advantage.

Anyway, back to the game.

Murata’s weak attack does not mean that the score on the field has not changed. Seidou High School’s attack is as fierce as ever.

In the first inning, Seidou scored three points in one go.

Kuramochi stole the base, and then, with the cooperation of Kominato Ryosuke, scored the first point. Then Isashiki and Tetsuya continued to help score the second point.

After Tetsuya was on base, it was Sawamura’s turn who was the fifth batter and scored the last point in this inning.

In the first inning, a three-point lead.

In the second inning, after Chris hit the base, the lower line did not continue the offensive, and Seidou failed to score.

In the third inning, the line broke out collectively. Through consecutive hits, Seidou High School scored 5 points in one go.

By the end of the third inning, Seidou had already taken the lead.

“Substitution!”

With the victory in hand, Kataoka made a decisive substitution. The catcher Chris was replaced by Miyuki, and the pitcher was replaced by Kawakami.

The two second-year battery used sharp breaking balls to give Murata's lineup three ups and three downs and completed the perfect relay.

“It feels so good to be able to play!”

Miyuki was getting crazy. In the last game, he was sitting in the rest area, he was feeling suffocated.

Now playing, in addition to the catcher position, Miyuki has performed perfectly. His performance in attacking is also exceptionally powerful.

He hit Seidou’s first home run.

A two-run home run!

Because of his explosion, Seidou’s score in the fourth inning was also very eye-catching.

Four Runs scored!

By the end of the fourth inning, Seidou was already in the lead by twelve points.

And as if he was stimulated, Tetsuya hit a three-run homer at the last moment to keep his reputation as the team’s Fourth Batter and Captain.

Sawamura, Furuya, and even Miyuki have hit a home run. If he can’t hit a home run, how can he be the Young General?

In the fifth inning, Seidou High School scored again!

Total score, 0:16!

Seidou High School won the second victory very simply.

In this game, Sawamura’s attack was not very good.

Four at bat, two hits and three RBI.

For others, It’s already a very good performance, but when it comes to Sawamura, it’s only average.

On the contrary, it was Haruichi who got a chance, got two at bat, with two hits, and scored 1 run.

So far, 100 percent hit rate.

As for Furuya, the blind cannons were misfired today, and he failed to show his power.

Of course, this is not surprising to everyone. He is a blind canon, there will always be times when he can’t hit the ball.

“In the third round of the West Tokyo qualifier, Seidou High School played against Murata East High School, and the winner is Seidou High School!”

Seidou High School successfully advanced to the next round.

At the end of the three rounds, there are still 16 teams left to fight.

After this game, the level will be improved by a whole big grade.

The top sixteen in West Tokyo, the one reached here has to have some level of strength.

For example, Akikawa, who is likely to become Seidou’s opponent next.

They all came to watch Seidou’s game. To make the investigations and judgment required.

One of them is a fine-looking young man with glasses who is working on his nails while evaluating Seidou’s baseball.

“A lot of strength, but not enough finesse and depth.”

Seidou High School, the champion of the Kanto Tournament, such an opponent, of course, makes people feel tricky.

However, Akikawa is not without a chance to win.

Thinking, he got up and left.

“Shunshin, do you want to go back?”

Yoh Shunshin nodded.

“I’m not interested in watching Seidou celebrate here.”

‘However, the lineup is really scary.’

The first is Kuramochi, the second is Kominato, and the third is Isashiki.

‘These three guys are already tricky enough!’

‘But they are not the scariest.’

The most terrifying thing is the core lineup of Seidou High School.

The fourth batter was Yuuki, the fifth batter was Sawamura, the sixth batter was Masuko, and the seventh batter was Chris!

“It’s going to be an exciting challenge!”

Yoh Shunshin put the nail clippers in his pocket and left gracefully.

In the face of Seidou’s toughness, Yoh Shunshin was neither meek nor overconfident.

He really has the confidence to challenge Seidou.

On the other hand, after Seidou won, Coach Kataoka asked everyone to stay and watch the opponent’s game together.

Seidou has already entered the top sixteen, and their opponents will come from the other two top thirty-two teams.

The traditional strong team is Tokamiyama and the suddenly emerged dark horse Akikawa.

Of these two teams, the winning team will be the opponent of Seidou High School in the next game.

Everyone sat together, Sawamura stared at Yoh Shunshin, and his eyes became very cautious.

‘Yoh Shunshin!’

There are five players from Sawamura’s generation who finally made some success for themselves in the major leagues. These five, of course, also included Sawamura.

In addition, Yoh Shunshin finally made a name for himself in the big league.

Even his records are not less than Narumiya Mei's.

Clock Work Yoh Shunshin!

A pitcher who took ball control to the extreme.

Of course, Shunshin’s pitching is not just about ball control.

Where he really excels is his concentration.

‘This is a truly formidable opponent!’

T/N: The Third Chapter! Thank you all for reading, and have a nice day!

You also can check my Patre0n for extra Chapters.

patre0n /ColdColt

There are +75 Chapters there.

3