Chapter 4: Primordial Text
16 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wang Xue felt his eardrums vibrating, Wu Hui's voice was simply too loud. She even managed to wake up the other people staying in the inn.

Wu Hui saw Wang Xue sitting on the bed, "YOU!"

She pointed at him as her fingers trembled from rage.

"How dare you take my room that I had already booked days even before I got here? The amount of trouble that I did by sending a message via the Freya Flight Mail was not to be laughed at; you better get out of here while I'm still asking you to."

Wu Hui started blabbering about things that Wang Xue didn't understand. But one thing was clear for Wang Xue this lady was the person that first booked the room.

Clearly, he was in the wrong.

Wang Xue eyed the old man behind Wu Hui, who had constantly attempted to calm the raging woman. The old man noticed his gaze and got a clear message. He stepped forward to confront Wu Hui and spoke.

"I deeply apologize, Young Maiden, but there has been a double booking, and this young man over here already paid for his stay, so I cannot accommodate you now, all of the rooms in the inn have been taken, so I will have to ask you to leave."

Said the old man.

Wang Xue saw how the old man took care of things which made him feel reassured.

'It seems like paying him all that money was worth it after all.' Heaving a sigh of relief, he stared at Wu Hui, who had her head facing down.

Hearing what the old man was saying, Wu Hui's anger was incensed even more than before. Spiritual energy started coming out of her body as she began to mumble to herself.

People woken up by the commotion outside their doors, started coming out of the rooms to check what was transpiring. They saw the commotion at the end of the hall, and instead of getting angry, they all found it fascinating.

Most of them were youths, so their hot-bloodedness was normal for them, so their excitement was incited by this very scene.

"Seems like a lover's quarrel is happening over there. Whoever is staying at the end of the hall must be having a pretty hard time now, I wouldn't be able to hit a pretty girl like her, and she's already at the seventh level of the Spirit realm."

"We must pray for this pitiful brother to survive his woman's wrath."

Some laughed at Wang Xue's situation, thinking it was lover's spat.

Wang Xue was still as calm as before, he didn't even flinch when he felt the killing intent oozing out of Wu Hui's body, and as for the talk outside his room, he was also aware and was enjoying it.

The Bloodbath Monarch had never fallen in love nor have been love; in fact, he was still a virgin till the day he died. He was more ascetic than those Hermits. He was a man who kept his Yang Energy to further strengthen himself.

Wang Xue cannot help but feel a little amusement in this misunderstanding, making him chuckle.

On the other hand, Wu Hui was not taking it so well; with a flip of her hand, a longbow suddenly appeared on her right hand, pointing it at the laughing Wang Xue.

Humiliated, Wu Hui summoned her Martial Spirit, "You dare laugh!?"

The longbow arc in a beautiful full crescent on her hand. The bow held a sophisticated and elegant silver design that extends from one end to the other. Although its design was elegant, the longbow also possessed its own fierceness as it was depicted by a tiger tattooed on its body.

This Martial Spirit longbow was just like its owner in every manner. Wu Hui's outer appearance also held a perfect curve accentuated by her red tights showing off that bountiful chest of hers, Wu Hui's face was stunning even when angered.

But the most notable of the owner and her Martial Spirit was the fierceness that they held. The longbow gave out an intense and ominous feeling as if it was not a bow but a bloodied, sharp sword.

Wang Xue raised his brows when he saw this; he had been intrigued by the Martial Spirit since long ago, and he had seen thousands of bow-type Martial Spirit, but Wu Hui's seems to be more, but he didn't have the time to look as leisurely as he would have wanted as an arrow formed from spiritual energy.

Wang Xue, who had been calmed throughout this little bit of trouble, was finally feeling a little tipsy.

The people outside the room saw this and felt even more excited.

"This is turning out to be better than I had expected. Her Martial Spirit is a rare long-range type; whoever is the lover of this lady he will have a hard time dealing with a long-range attack in such short distance."

With the appearance of the Martial Spirit, it was getting more interesting. They were all expecting to see a good fight commence at any moment. Some were even trying to start a bet with one another to see who will win.

The old man that tried to play it tough had long been on the ground trembling in fear; he didn't have the strength to stop Wu Hui because if he did, there wouldn't even be a situation like this, so when she brought out that bow the old man immediately dropped on the ground and got out of the way.

As more and more people gathered by the hall and with the old man looking at him with those pleading eyes of his, Wang Xue finally stood up from the bed.

"Take that longbow out of here, and we can talk. I don't want you to make a mess of the room."

Wu Hui scoffed, "Scared!?"

Her voice was full of disgust.

'He is a poser, as expected, acting all calm when someone was taking care of it for him and when things go under, he quickly pleads for a truce?'

She looked down at how Wang Xue acted like some big shot but was actually a coward.

Wang Xue furrowed his brows when he heard her speak. He clearly sensed the disdain that's being thrown at him.

"I'm telling you to call off your Martial Spirit or else."

Saying those words, Wang Xue released his spiritual energy for everybody in the inn to feel. A powerful force of spiritual energy radiated from his body; it was so strong that it even made Wu Hui take a step back, losing control of her Martial Spirit, retreating back to her Spirit Lake.

Wu Hui trembled and looked at Wang Xue like he was some kind of ghost. The strong spiritual energy gave her pressure comparable to a mountain.

As for the onlookers outside the room, Wang Xue's spiritual energy gave them a shock causing them to subconsciously take a step back, the thought of setting up a bet to find a winner all vanished to thin air all of a sudden.

The winner was not to be debated.

Helping the old man up, Wang Xue led him out of the room. He gave Wu Hui a look a said, "I will be sparing your life now; this should compensate for taking your room."

Wang Xue slammed the door shut on Wu Hui. He didn't care for her one bit; after being threatened by a weapon so sparing her, he could have killed her, but he spared her.

Tok! Tok! Tok!

Wang Xue was about to go back to the bed to start cultivating, but then he heard a knock coming from outside. He unwillingly opened the door only to find Wu Hui standing there.

"What do you want? I already cleared our problems with one another, so what do you want? Unless you still want to fight over it."

Wang Xue was irritated; every time he was about to start cultivating, she would be interrupting.

Wu Hui started fidgeting when she heard Wang Xue; she was feeling awkward and ashamed to say what she wanted; then she saw Wang Xue about to close the door, so she said in haste.

"I need a room to stay in for the day, and the city should be full by now, so please let me stay at least until the Jade Province Competition finished tomorrow."

Wu Hui was pleading to him; she looked like she was even willing to get down on her knees if he were to ask him. But Wang Xue was hesitant to let her in, but after thinking that this place was initially booked by her, Wang Xue reluctantly gave in.

"Alright, but I paid 100 silvers to get this room, so pay me at least 50 silvers to split the fare; if you do that, I will let you in."

Said the shameless Wang Xue as he took advantage of the situation.

Wu Hui didn't want to waste any money, and the price was absurd just to enter the room, '50 silvers for 1 night is he crazy? I can stay in any middle-class inn just like this for a month if I give them that kind of money.'

Seeing how reluctant she was being, Wang Xue started closing the door.

"W—wait, I will pay you; please wait a moment." Wu Hui passed him the money and was finally let in.

Wang Xue sat on the bed and said to Wu Hui, "I will be cultivating now, don't bother me, or else I'll be throwing you outside."

The room only had one bed, so Wu Hui was forced to go out to the reception desk and asked the old man for a futon and bedsheet.

Inside Wang Xue's Spirit Lake, two of the three Spirit Lakes have been occupied already; one was occupied by Fenrir, and the other by that Dragon Pagoda combo that intervened with his ascension previously.

Wang Xue floated on the surface of Fenrir's Spirit Lake, checking to see how he was doing. He hummed in delight, seeing that Fenrir's blue light had become more radiant, showing that Fenrir was growing within size and features as he grew stronger just like before.

Soon after, Wang Xue went to the Dragon Pagoda combo Martial Spirit. This Dragon Pagoda had been shrouded in mystery ever since it appeared in his Spirit Lake.

Previously he was still unable to approach it, so he hypothesized that it must have been because he was weak, so now that he was stronger, would it change?

Wang Xue circulated his spiritual energy and started going up after discovering that it was enough. Wang Xue dove downwards at full speed—

BOOM!

An invisible force stopped his descent into the Spirit Lake when he reached a certain point with a boom, but this blockage didn't discourage him. When Wang Xue observed the distance of the Dragon Pagoda combo Martial Spirit to himself, it was actually now 10 meters less than before, making him 40 meters close.

"At this rate, I will be able to reach it when I finally reach the Manifestation realm." Wang Xue sighed because he knew that this would be a problem.

The Manifestation realm is three realms higher from the Spirit Realm.

Cultivation begins from the Spirit Realm, where after awakening the Martial Spirit, the body must be refined, then the Jade Palace Realm where one needs to create a palace in their body by gathering their spiritual energy at a single point. After that is the Spirit Condensation Realm, then finally the Manifestation realm.

But he can't reach the manifestation realm if he can't create the Jade Palace.

He was stuck in a paradox.

"If you don't want me to get to you, then at least just let me advance my strength. I also need to reach the Spirit Condensation realm as soon as possible, or Fenrir will become angry, and I don't want any more accidents like before."

Wang Xue started grumbling as he stared at the Dragon Pagoda Martial Spirit. Then kept cursing until, all of a sudden, the Nine Layered Golden Pagoda experienced a change in its appearance. A brilliant and magnificent golden light enveloped the first floor of the Golden Pagoda.

The Pagoda lit up suddenly, startling Wang Xue; he thought that he must've angered the Martial Spirit for a second.

Fwu!

Wang Xue retreated, and then he noticed he was not being attacked/

Instead, a bunch of text surrounded him.

SWOOSH!

And in that instant of realization, Primordial Texts appeared inside his head. His eyes glowed goldenly.

He took a closer look at the text in his head and noticed something;

"These are..."

Looking closer at the first floor of the Golden Pagoda that was shining with radiant golden light Wang Xue found out that the writings on the base of the Pagoda were the same as the primordial text in his mind.

Then he noticed something else. With the primordial text continuously flowing in his mind, the engravings on the base of the Pagoda also started disappearing. His head then felt like it was about to explode.

An excruciating headache.

It took 3 hours before he could regain himself, but for Wang Xue, it was an eternity. The pain was unimaginable, unlike any other, he had experienced.

As his head was beginning to throb, the text somehow became readable... comprehensible.

Wang Xue tried reading it. It took him 30 minutes before he could finish the wall of text, and after he did, he finally understood.

"The Palace must be replaced by a Pagoda."

2