Devoid Tale 1: Prologue | Chapter 4: But Fore I Lost Everything
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since I took over the rocky cliff, I have been using this odd measure of time based on the sun to keep track of how long I have passed. It's been around 5 days since I have taken over the territory and I have yet to see any other fellow Ornithichnites since then. The weirdest oddity is that I can’t find the cliff I used to live on, it's like it completely vanished. I also have some control over this strange power which seems to allow me to be stronger physically and mentally. The idea behind the power to to “manipulate” things based on your intelligence, or at least that's what I believe. It's quite difficult to understand but if I can imagine how to do something, I can do something. Nevertheless, it has helped me get used to this new environment much easier than it really should have, so I am thankful for that.

 

So far, I have found many different types of food other than fish which I have been slowly collecting. Today, I am going to get some more and perhaps get more material to improve on the “home” I have been making. Maybe later I can explore some more areas. 

 

I take flight and more towards the vast expansions of the forest. I landed and immediately began scavenging. I made sure to collect some food, but I mainly prioritize the different branches and leaves from the trees since they are the best materials for building a home. I returned home and placed all the food in a pile on top of the leaves and used the branches to build a form of nest around it. It's better than nothing. After all, I don’t want some passing animal to stop by and steal my food. I then returned back to the forest and decided to explore some more areas. I have seen most if not all of the area in front and to the side of the cliff but I haven’t really checked the areas behind the cliff. 

 

I flew off to the back and looked around. The land was definitely much bigger than the areas I have currently been scavenging through but it was less greeny and more brownish. It made me wonder what kinds of food and animals I can find there. I continued to oversee the land above until I looked at what seemed to be deep claw marks that scraped through the tree. I hope I don’t ever encounter such a creature. But unfortunately,  I found it.

 

It had wings and feathers like me but other than that, it was completely different. This isn’t like the other lizards and small animals I see around here. This one was definitely dangerous. It seemed like a predator. The red feathers gave off an eerie vibe. Despite its face, I can tell that it had sharp teeths hidden away and claws that could easily leave a mark on the woods that surrounded us. This thing was dangerous. Like nothing I have seen before. This thing specializes in killing.

 

I chose to not succumb to my instincts and continued to fly above it, but it noticed. Despite moving agilely through the forest, its wings were very much capable of flight and went straight towards me. It was the predator, and I was the prey. My stomach was red, my mind went sharp and felt a pressure unlike ever before, and its entirety ringed a sharp sound like nothing before. Am I dead?

0