Devoid Tale 2: Early Cretaceous | Chapter 8: –An Early Ending..
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is less tasty than that giant we ate yesterday!” Juggernaut complained, his voice tinged with disappointment.

 

“Deal with it, you're the one who ate the entire giant!” Rakshasa retorted, but there was a hint of frustration beneath his words.

 

“Too bad, if only we fed you to the giant, then we could have had more meat for ourselves,” Ravana added, his tone teasing but edged with bitterness.

 

“Hey, stop trying to kill me!” Juggernaut pleaded, panic creeping into his voice.

 

“It really is too bad,” Ravana dismissed, but there was a heaviness to his words, a weight of unspoken regrets.

 

They had embarked on this journey to honor the legacy of the first sentient user, driven by a shared purpose and the promise of greatness. But as they feasted on their meager meal, the reality of their uncertain future weighed heavily on their hearts.

 

“Once you have eaten up, we have to find a home,” Rakshasa said, his voice tinged with urgency and determination.

 

“We should go towards the mountains, I believe there are more giants there,” Nirrti suggested, trying to inject hope into their conversation.

 

“Yeah, let's go there then,” Rakshasa agreed, though his tone lacked its usual enthusiasm.

 

As they soared towards the mountains, exhaustion began to weigh on them, the weariness seeping into their bones. Samapti's suggestion to continue on foot was met with silent nods of agreement, their tired wings longing for rest.

 

They race across the forested land coming across many animals which they take out and feast upon, but no giants in sight.

 

“Where are the giants Nirrti?” Juggernaut says in disbelief. “I thought you said there were more giants here.”

 

“They should be here, I am not sure why we can’t find them?” (Nirrti)

 

“Let’s keep looking around.” (Rakshasa) “I'm sure there are mor–”

 

Rakshasa is cut off by loud, deep, thunderous footsteps filled with blood and death. The group is immediately horrified by the sight of the creature. For with giants, come the giant killers. Killers that specialize in taking down and feasting upon giants unlike them. 

 

The creature had the skin color of a dark brown, but itself had stripes across its long and stretched out snout filled with red. It towered over the group, enormous in size that couldn’t pale over them. It was taller than even the giant they had killed yesterday. The spikes that ran across its back bone gave the look of fear. Its eyes had the feeling of disappointment then turning furious that instead of the luxurious meal it planned with the scent of the giant from yesterday soaking across the group, but instead small, puny raptors, that deserved death.

 

It roared louder than the giant they saw yesterday, and the group could tell that it was beyond them to kill it. They would be killed in only a matter of minutes. 

 

The few words words that ever escaped their throats are of the following:

“Run”, “Get away”, “It Hurts”, “I don’t want to die”, “Rakshasa!”

 

The beast immediately went for the Simpati who had fled to the air, but his wings couldn’t stand the exhaustion and as the beast broke off his wing, he fell to the forest floor below, and died. Juggernaut would be next, being trampled by the beast while it was chasing Ravana. They ran for their lives, but the beast was stronger and faster, and could easily beat their level of sentience. Ravana would fall next, beheaded by the monster who ate only his head, and left his body to rot on the soil. 

 

“Rakshasa!” (Nirrti)

 

Those are the last words Rakshasa heard, he was devoured inside the body of the beast, all but one was dead he thought. He apologized to the first sentient user, for failing him and his sentience. The last thing he thought of before death was..

 

I really am dead.

 

A large crunch sound would follow as the world faded to black.

0