Chapter 6 The Prisoner
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were many ancient civilizations on numerous planets that explorers had discovered. With all of them, they were found desolated. The buildings crumbling, roads cracked, temples destroyed. Plant life covered most of what was left, and small rodents and other creatures had found it suitable for their homes. This civilization on this gigantic planet hidden in the biggest nebula ever seen was where many would believe that God himself lived. Magnificent beauty was all around. No sign of destruction anywhere. Everything working as it was intended. Only one thing was missing. The species that built this glorious paradise.

From their location, the nine discoverers could see buildings of different sizes and heights scattered for miles underneath the shadow of the large purple mountain. They saw symbols and signs plastered all over the pristine buildings, none of which they could understand. Windows that lined the buildings showed the interior. What was inside appeared to be a technology of superior beings. There were many gigantic statues of different characters performing what appeared to be acts of incredible courage and bravery lining the border. Roads made of what appeared to be gold were nicely paved in between the buildings showing what appeared to be a nicely laid out, easily navigated matrix. Some walkways passed by gardens of gorgeous flowers and plants, nicely placed around small lakes and streams that held crystal clear water. Everything appeared to be functioning in a normal manner with no signs of distress or damage. Even the word perfection was not a good enough description to explain what they saw.

As they continued to behold the absolute beauty that they were witnessing, they found that the civilization was semicircular with the base of the mountain as the flat side of this half-circle. Where the base of the mountain ended on the left and right sides, the civilization stopped. In the direct center of the base of the mountain, they saw a building larger than any other that was made of pure white marble with a dome of pure crystal and twelve pillars that lined the front. All roads seemed to lead to this ginormous structure.

“I take it that large structure would be our next destination?” asked Dyamion to Igetis as he stared in amazement at the breathtaking view that they were beholding.

“I find that most acceptable,” he said with his sly smile, but still in a weakened condition.

“Are you doing alright?” Tharros asked Igetis with deep concern after hearing his voice and being taken from her trance of what they had just discovered.

“My body is well, but my mind is weak,” he said looking down, his white long-fingered hand covering his enormous eyes. “It is very hard to understand what I am sensing, but whatever it is, we are close.”

“Do you feel it wise to proceed,” asked Filos with the same look of concern, “if it causes you so much pain?”

“My dear friend,” answered Igetis lifting his head and looking directly at him then at the rest of the team. “As long as I have all of you, I will be fine.”

They gently placed Igetis on the back of Dunamis and together they walked down the gold paved streets of their astonishing discovery, taking in every glorious sight.

When they reached the steps of the ginormous structure, they found that each of the twelve pillars were statues of different characters where the artwork was exquisite. So exquisite, that the sculptures looked alive. They all expressed strength and omnipotence, and their faces were stoic and very appealing, making each of the nine gaze in amazement at the splendor they beheld. The size of the statues made each of the nine feel as if they were ants in the land of giants. Each of the characters represented on the statues were clothed in long robes, and each held an object that seemed to be a symbol of who they were.

“These statues appear to be of humans,” explained Tharros with an astonished look. “Very unlikely to meet a human nowadays. I thought they had become extinct.” The others all nodded in agreement.

“It would have taken years for anyone to carve one of these sculptures,” said Gennai with his head arched back trying to see the top of the statue in front of him. “Twelve would have taken a lifetime.”

“Whoever they were,” replied Dyamion with a concerned face, “they were powerful creatures. Not everybody gets immortalized into a large statue.”

“If they were so powerful,” question Filos, “where are they? How is there not a living soul anywhere?” He began looking around with his tongue flicking. “This place is making me nervous.”

“Igetis, what do you think?” questioned Tharros as she looked in his direction. She could see that he was troubled.  “What is it, Igetis?  Is it the statues that trouble you?”

“It is not them,” pointing at the statues with his long fingers, “it is this place.  I can feel the presence of something, and I can hear its thoughts.” All were now staring at him with nervous faces. He lowered himself carefully from the back of Dunamis and began to slowly walk up the marble stairs towards the entrance of the building.

“Igetis?” asked Dyamion in a nervous tone. “Maybe we better think about our next move before we go barging into an unknown building.” When Igetis did not stop he began to follow. The others began walking up the steps as well. When he arrived at Igetis’s side, Dyamion asked, “Are these thoughts you are hearing, friendly or evil?”

“Good question,” remarked Gelio. “We don’t want to enter someone’s home uninvited especially if they are up to no good.”

“I don’t know what this presence is or who these species are,” answered Igetis as he continued to walk up the steps. “I only know that we are supposed to be here. I can feel that we are at the right place.”

“Igetis!” shouted Atromitos which made everyone stop. Igetis stopped, turned, and met her stare. Her golden eyes showed anger but slowly morphed to fear. “I do not know if I can go on. I want to trust you but with everything that just happened, the crashed ship, being hunted by predators.” She looked down trying to control her emotions. “Now this place…how can we continue to follow you if you are not giving us clear answers?” She looked around at the others. “Does anyone else feel this way?” Four hands began to slowly rise and then a fifth that was quickly lowered. “I have a horrible feeling that something bad is going to happen.”

“Something worse than a crashed ship or being hunted by predators?” said Gelio with a smirk. A look from Tharros made her lower her head.

Igetis approached Atromitos and placed his hands on her shoulders. “If I were you, I would be saying the same thing,” he said with his sly smile. “I can sense your fear, your anger,” his eyes showed his want to help her understand, “but I also feel your desire to live.” He paused and turned his head slightly.  “I know what you have gone through. The pain and anguish that has been put on you. The loss of your home and now lost in who knows where.” His large eyes showed kindness. “I promise that I would not have brought us here unless it was to help us.” 

She looked down and sighed heavily. She then said with a shrug, “Well, then.  Let’s go see if anyone is home.” They all walked up the steps together towards the entrance.

The entrance was two giant glass doors, but the glass seemed to be frosted so that no one could see inside. As they approached it, signs and symbols began to appear and move on the glass. This stopped the team in their tracks, not knowing what these signs and symbols could mean. Igetis approached the door and placed the tips of his long fingers upon one of the symbols. Light began to glow around each fingertip. He then slowly turned his hand to the right, and he saw the symbol beginning to move with it.  Suddenly there was the sound of a quick release of air and then the glass doors began sliding open. The entire team, except Igetis, stepped back in surprise. They stared at what was inside, astonished to see that it was actually “inviting”.  Igetis took a few steps inside and the rest of the team followed. Once all have entered, the glass doors slowly slid closed, leaving the team wondering what they had just entered.

“How did you know how to do that?” asked Tharros to Igetis as she scanned the contents of the building.

He shook his head. “I don’t know,” he said as he too looked around the building.

The room that they had just entered appeared to be that of a museum. It was over five thousand square feet with visuals and banners being displayed on the surrounding walls in an unknown language. There were also different stations throughout that seemed to be presenting an event or object by using holographic displays, lights, music, and more symbols and signs. Each were different in size but was using technology that was very highly advanced. The clearness and detail of the holograms made it appear life-like and the sound of the music or words that were being spoken could be heard with great clarity. Each of the team members began to walk around to each station examining and listening, but not understanding what they were being told.

At one station, Dyamion saw a hologram of what appeared to be a large sun and a face of a species like the ones they saw in the statues outside. He then saw a holographic life form about his size walking and waving to crowds of all different species, as if thanking them.

Tharros and Gennai were intrigued by a station that had a huge glass table where holograms of different planets appeared above the table, and similar signs and symbols appeared next to each planet giving details about each one. There were star charts that moved around the planets which showed many galaxies that were interlinked, and they saw objects moving between each of the galaxies they were presenting. This station was displaying thousands of different galaxies filled with thousands of planets, but both did not recognize any.

Dunamis recognized the large planet that another station was displaying through holograms. He remembered seeing the incredible beauty of the planet just before they decided to crash land on the surface. The holographic display then appeared to zoom in on the planet’s surface and to his amazement, he saw large civilizations and many different types of species everywhere. He motioned to Gelio who was fascinated by another station. She quickly walked over and noticed the same thing. 

“If this is displaying the same planet and these pictures are real, where have these civilizations and species gone?” asked Dunamis. Gelio could only shake her head, shocked at what she was seeing.

Filos, Makarios, and Atromitos were fascinated by another holographic display that showed a device that appeared to change the shape of objects from something abstract to something beneficial. It showed similar types of species that they had seen placing crystals into a circular container, activating the device through an interface, and then the contents were changed into some type of jewelry that Atromitos thought was quite exquisite. Another device was then shown, where it appeared to be growing mountains with a pulsating light streaming from the device. The three were amazed at the incredible technology these species possessed. They appeared to have the ability to build any object and to shape the terrain to whatever they liked in a matter of minutes. 

“Who and where are these species?”  thought Atromitos.  “How can a civilization this advanced just disappear?”

Igetis was very intrigued upon seeing the largest display of the entire room. A look of anxiety appeared on his pasty amphibian face. A male being with the same characteristics as they had seen many times already, sat on a throne high above the onlookers. He could hear the voice of this individual and could sense the power he held. The voice was deep and penetrating, and the onlookers looked to be captivated by each word he was saying. Twelve others were sitting by him in thrones as well, that were positioned lower than his and sitting in a semicircle around the high throne. The many onlookers in the crowd looked to be praising them and were delighted to be in their presence. Tears were flowing from their eyes, and many were kneeling, and others were shouting with a face of happiness. But this was not the reaction Igetis felt. His face showed fear as he watched the holographic display flicker. His breathing became quite heavy, and he was having a hard time standing. Seeing his reaction, the team ran to help.

“Igetis!” shouted Tharros as she placed her hand on his right shoulder. Igetis did not react but continued to stare at the display. She shouted his name again this time louder. Filos also grabbed his left arm and began to shake it lightly. Still no reaction. Tharros then shouted his name with a giant screech that only her species could do. Immediately Igetis reacted and stared at Tharros then at Filos. His look was that of shock. Tears flowed from his eyes as he stumbled backward. Tharros and Filos held him up and Dyamion ran to his side to help him as well. The whole team gathered around him to see what was wrong. He could only stare straightforward not saying a word.

“We better find him a place to rest,” remarked Dyamion to Tharros, his tone showing great concern.  She nodded in agreement, and her, Dyamion and Filos lifted Igetis and lied him down in the corner of the large room on a blanket and something soft under his head. Igetis immediately closed his eyes, and his breathing became regular. After a few minutes of watching him and seeing that he did not appear to be in any danger of dying, they decided that it would be best to let him rest and try speaking to him later.

“Filos,” said Dyamion looking at Igetis’s most trusted friend, while kneeling next to Igetis.  “You better stay with him. Let me know if he says anything or if his condition worsens.” Filos nodded his head and then looked back at Igetis with the same look of concern. Dyamion and Tharros then stood and looked at the rest of the team.

“I think it would be best that we make camp here,” said Dyamion as he looked around the building.  “This building will give us some protection from any outside predators that might be lurking.”

“No offense, Dyamion,” said Gelio with a smile on her face. “But it seems the predators are lurking in here.”

Dyamion tilted his head and gave Gelio a look that said, “not now”. “I know we are all worried about Igetis, but I feel it best that we make camp, have a good meal, and get some rest. We have had a long couple of days. A good rest is what we all need.” The whole team liked the idea and began unpacking their bags and setting up camp.

 

 

After they had set up camp, Gennai and Gelio began preparations for preparing a meal. With the plenitude of food and water they had discovered in their travels to this place, no one would go hungry tonight.

While the meal was being prepared, Dyamion and Tharros met in front of the display in which Igetis became so frightened. They both viewed the hologram of this individual and analyzed his look and the way he reacted with others. They could see he was somebody that was worshiped and held in high regard, but they saw nothing alarming. 

“Is it possible that he understood what this individual is saying?”  asked Tharros.

“Could be possible, but highly unlikely,” answered Dyamion.  “You know him. He would have been explaining everything if he understood what all these symbols mean or if he understood their language.”

Tharros nodded in agreement. “We know he has been hearing,” she paused looking for the right word, “something in his head. I only hope that what is going on is not killing him. Ever since we arrived, he has been weak. I thought it was because of the injury to his head, but it seems that has healed.”

“I think we need to explore the rest of this place,” said Dyamion.  “This is just one room. The building is gigantic. There is bound to be more clues that might tell us who these individuals are and why they are gone.”

Tharros nodded. “I am just astonished that these displays are still working, and you saw the other buildings as we traveled up here.” She pointed in the direction from where they came. “They were working normally, like there was no trouble whatsoever.”

“Yes and no signs of any power source. No signs of maintenance or repairs needing to be done.”

“It is as if it is a normal day wherever we are.”

Gelio joined the two, “Did you find any more information on who this is?”

“Nothing more than we already know,” answered Tharros.  “He is important from everything they are showing.” She began to point out different events being displayed by the holograms. “Here he is speaking to a large group of onlookers. This one shows he is helping to build some type of device. There he is walking through this civilization greeting others as they pass by. He looks to be adored by everyone.”

“Or that is what they want you to believe,” answered Gelio, stepping towards Tharros pointing at the display they were analyzing. Her serpent tongue flicking rapidly. Tharros gave her a unique look and that made Gelio want to explain more. “Could it be that this place is an illusion and these species do not exist? Maybe this is how they lure you in and then capture you and then do experiments on you.” She nodded her head and widened her eyes hoping that would prove her theory.

“And….,” Dyamion said lengthening out the last letter as he thought of what to say next, “why?” was all he could think to say, baffled by Gelio’s theory.

“To explore! To educate themselves! So, they can find our weaknesses and then conquer!” Tharros and Dyamion looked at each other with confused looks. “My guess is that it is an Artificial Intelligence,” continued Gelio. Dyamion rolled his eyes. “Just look around! No intelligent life! No danger or creatures out to kill you! Just come on in.  Rest and relax…then they strike!”

“Killer robots?” Dyamion said with a skeptical look on his wolf-like face. “That is your theory? We have not seen any robots.”

“Doesn’t mean they are not out there,” remarked Gelio. “They could be hiding and watching.”

Dyamion continued his look of skepticism and then shrugged. “Your theory is as good as anyone else’s.”

“True,” agreed Tharros. “There is no telling what has happened to these species.”

“Well, anyway,” said Gelio with her laugh. “That is not why I came over.” She smiled with her gigantic mouth. “I just wanted to tell you the food is ready.” She then slithered back to the group.

Tharros and Dyamion took one last look at the holographic face. A shiver went down both their spines.

After their meal, the team did explorer parts of the building close by, not wanting to stray too far. They found more unexplainable objects and devices. More doors, many of them locked, and stairs leading to other parts of the building. But what they did not find was any sign of intelligent life.

They all returned to camp to find Igetis still asleep and Filos right at his side. Tharros asked if she could take his place. He refused kindly so she along with everyone else found a spot to sleep and began to relax after a long day. For the next couple of hours, Filos continued to monitor Igetis. Finally, he was unable to keep his eyes open and he too fell asleep.

 

 

All nine of our team were sleeping peacefully.  The light from the holographic displays continued to flicker throughout the night.  Sounds could be heard from outside the large building, but they were peaceful sounds that you usually hear during any other night. Water from the streams peacefully flowing over the rocks into the large lake. Small animals running around doing their nightly prowl. A light wind blowing the magnificent trees that towered over the large civilization. Everything as it should be.

Suddenly, there was a large roar. Igetis, immediately sat up, with a look of fear on his frog-like face. He expected everyone else to be awake as well, but they were all still asleep.  He scanned the surrounding area looking for the source of the noise, but he saw nothing unexpected. He rubbed his eyes, stood up, and began to walk around the large building, being sure to stay close to the campsite. He was confused why he was the only one that heard it or was it all in his mind. He considered waking the others but felt it foolish to alarm them when he could see no danger around. He tried to remember everything that had happened. He remembered that fear had engulfed him. He recalled that he was so frightened that his mind felt like it was shutting down and he became extremely weak. But what was it that had scared him so much?

Igetis returned to the campsite and stood over Tharros. He felt maybe it best to wake her and ask her questions about the past events. Then the voices returned to his head. They were calling him again to come to him.  “How do I find him?” Igetis thought.

“I will lead you,” said the voice.

Igetis suddenly turned his head towards the direction of the holographic display that showed the face that submerged him in so much fear. From where he stood, he could see the face shining in the darkroom. He now remembered what caused him so much fear.

“You must free me or everyone will die!” screamed the voice. He heard it repeatedly. Louder each time.  He then saw images of thousands of species being destroyed by fire, earthquakes, windstorms. Then there were creatures coming out from the darkness, attacking, and killing all that stood in their way.  Worlds being destroyed, millions of lives lost. Then the voice continued, “I need you to free me, so I can stop this from happening.” The frightening images returned, and the voice continued to shout, “Free Me!  Free Me!” That was when he heard Tharros shout his name which pulled him from the trance that he was in and then he fell into a deep sleep.

He now stood staring at the face, pondering on what he should do. He then looked down at Tharros and bent down to wake her. 

“I need you and only you,” said the voice. “Come and I will show you who I am. You will free me from my prison so that I may save millions of lives from eternal doom.”

Without waking anyone from his team, he stood and began to follow the voice inside his head. Igetis had never felt so powerful before. The strength in his limbs had returned and his mind now felt clear from all confusing thought, and he knew what he must do. He must find who this was and understand why this individual was trapped.  He felt as if his actions were being controlled by an unknown force, but he felt ecstatic from the energy that was pulsating through his body. He walked up the large marble staircase that others from his team had explored before him. They took him higher up above the large room where his team now slept. The stairs lead to a large landing where a few of his team were able to look out at the beautiful surrounding sights. He did not even notice the incredible view but continued walking back towards the large purple mountain. He came to a glass door. The same symbols and signs appeared on the glass in front of him. He raised his hand and as he had done before, he turned one of the symbols and the glass door opened. He stepped through, feeling excitement rush through him.

The new room had many different hallways leading in all directions. He ignored all other paths, and he continued in a straight path that led deeper into the mountain. Up above he could see outside the glass dome. There were large crystals that sparkled from the twilight sky.  They gave out an eerie blue glow that offered plenty of light for him to follow the hallway that led him closer to his destination. The hallway finally ended at a large gold-plated door that had a large symbol plastered upon it. He knew what the symbol meant, and he smiled at the meaning. “So that is who I am,” thought Igetis. Or was it truly Igetis that was thinking these thoughts. He raised his hand and placed it upon the symbol. He closed his eyes, and his thoughts turned to the face he saw in the hologram back where his team now slept. Power began to flow through every limb of his body. He saw in his mind a vision of an individual with this same face sitting high upon a throne. He then saw storms that began to shake the land below.  Fire began to torch everything upon the ground. Igetis could feel the excitement of this incredible power. Then the large gold-plated doors opened and Igetis opened his eyes and lowered his hand to his side and stepped through the door.

The door led to a small oval shape room with gold metal reflective walls. He saw his face reflection and he began to laugh. He then turned to face the door and saw it close. Then there was a mechanical sound, and the room began to lift upwards towards the top of the mountain.

 

 

At the top, the doors opened to a large room where stairs were leading down to a circular table with twelve chairs surrounding it. Upon the table appeared to be communication devices, displays of holographic maps, a small variety of weapons, and other objects. Two large hallways led straight ahead and to the right of the large room.

Igetis walked past the table, down the hallway leading straight ahead. It ended at two glass doors that opened out as he approached. They led out to a balcony that overlooked the gigantic civilization. He stood on the balcony looking in all directions and he thought to himself, “How long has it been since I have seen such a beautiful sight.” His face then tensed, and anxiety began to fill his head. “Why can I not remember.” He rubbed his eyes and then turned and looked back towards the direction he had just come. He then proceeded back through the two glass doors and up the hallway. He then stood at the table looking over everything. He tried to recall when he last sat at this table, but nothing came to mind. “Was I here,” he thought. He screamed out of frustration and slammed his fist on the table. 

Igetis looked down the second hallway. Something called his attention, and he began to walk in that direction. There were additional hallways that led left and right, but something beckoned him to continue straight. His eyes thinned and his grin appeared as he saw what was at the end of the hallway.  What was found was a large silver double door that was constructed in a manner to keep anyone from entering, or more importantly from leaving. No handles or objects were found which might open the door, but only a unique symbol appeared at the center, and he knew what that symbol meant. It was a combination lock that no one could break. He shook his head slightly and thought, “No doors can hold me back. I will be free.” He placed his hand upon the symbol and began to concentrate. 

After many minutes of searching his mind, Igetis showed that sly smile that his team knew well. But was it him that was smiling? “I see you now,” he thought. “You thought you were so clever.” He began to turn the symbol to the right and then stopped it at a certain point and a mechanical sound was heard.  He then continued to turn the symbol and stopped again. Another mechanical sound. After repeating this step, a third time, another large mechanical sound, then a rush of air as the doors began to open with the help of a large motor due to the heaviness of the doors. Igetis face showed a large evil grin as he thought, “I am almost free.”

He entered the room which had a large device hanging overhead to the left with a large platform underneath. A holographic interface was shown with many signs and symbols rotating in midair. There were additional consoles to the right of the room that blinked with additional lights, and more signs and symbols. He paid no attention to any of those items and walked straight towards a small glass dome that sat perfectly still on a small table. He studied the dome, trying to understand how he could lift it and find what was it protecting. The amphibian creature then placed his hands upon it and as he did so, a great shock was felt through his entire body. The power of the shock sent Igetis flying backward, hitting the floor, and then sliding a few feet. He then sat up and looked at the glass dome.

“Very cleaver. Yes, very clever indeed.”  Igetis said in a low-pitch tone. “I am not defeated yet.”

Igetis left the room through the open door and returned carrying a large curved broad sword. The handle was of pure gold and the blade was of the finest metals from this gigantic planet. He held the sword directly over the glass dome with the sharp end of the blade pointing at his target. “I am powerful enough to sustain your power,” Igetis said. “I will be free!”

He raised the sword over his head and with all his might, he lowered the sword, striking the glass dome.  A huge bang was heard, sparks flew, and a large blinding light shined. Igetis found himself flying and landing hard on his back once again. After a few seconds, he awoke and looked around. “Where am I?”  he thought, then immediately the voice returned, and he closed his eyes trying not to lose control, but it was too strong. His sly smile returned, and he pulled himself up off the floor with the sword in hand. “I will be free!” he called out as he swung the sword again. The same blinding light, sparks, and a huge crash again were heard.

Igetis again pulled himself off the floor. He was weaker and his mind was struggling to hang on. He took many deep breaths and walked toward the glass dome again. With every ounce of strength, he swung the sword at his target. This time there was a shatter, and a large bang sent Igetis flying again. After a few seconds, Igetis regained consciousness and once again he looked around wondering where he was.  His mind was foggy and different images were appearing in his head that he did not understand. “Why can I not remember what has happened and where are my friends,” he thought. 

Igetis then saw what was on the table beneath the shattered glass dome and again the voice returned.  “I am not done with you yet!” Igetis tried to control his mind. He looked at his hands and saw his green blood and felt blood dripping from his head. He did not know how he had injured himself. The pain was powerful, but he must not lose control again.

The voice continued to yell. His head was aching from the pain. He could not hold on much longer. He stood and looked for his team hoping they were nearby to help but could not find them anywhere. He then saw what was on the table. It was a glass orb with a bright yellow light shining from inside. He was unable to stop whatever power had overcome his mind. “Why am I here?” he said as he tried to steady himself from falling.

“I told you to come!” said the voice as the power over his mind regained control and the sly smile returned. Strength now returned to his limbs and the excitement was rushing through every part of his body. He walked toward the table and grabbed the orb from its location. He looked at it with great hatred. “This is what you have done to me?” he shouted as he gripped the orb with all his strength. He then raised the orb over his head and threw it down on the floor using all his strength. The orb smashed on the ground and fog rose from the orb. A large yellow light began to float up from the orb and then the light began to change its form. First, a head was formed then a body formed beneath the head. Then arms formed to the side and then hands and then legs. The new personage had the shape of an individual but did not have a face. This personage appeared to be made of energy with no inner body organs or tissues. 

“There you are my friend. Thank you for coming,” said the personage with a deep penetrating voice.

“It was my pleasure,” Igetis said with his sly smile. “I am only here to serve you.”

“Wonderful!” the energy form said with the same deep penetrating voice. “Now it is time to stop the tragedy from happening. We must go and find the villain who imprisoned me.”

Igetis, using every ounce of strength broke away from the control of this powerful personage. He stumbled and took a few steps back. He then looked at the glowing energy form and said, “You are the one who has been talking to me, who has been troubling my mind. Using me as your servant.  Why have you brought me here?”

“To free me of course from bondage,” said the personage in a sympathetic tone. “To help your master stop the evil that rages throughout the Universe.”

“Master?” asked Igetis. “Who are you?”

“I am god,” came the reply with a voice that pierced the soul. The energy form glowed brighter and began to pulsate. Sparks of electricity flew from the personage. “I created all this and now I will seek vengeance on those who tried to take it from me and stop their evil deeds from happening.”

Igetis sensed doubt, but his strength was weak, and he could hardly hold himself upright. “How did they capture god and who is it that you are trying to stop?”

“All in good time, my servant,” answered the personage. “Now we have other tasks to accomplish.” The energy form extended his hand as a gesture for Igetis to take hold. Igetis stepped back, not sure of what to do. He felt frightened and confused and wanted to find his friends. The personage sensing this stepped forward and grabbed hold of Igetis’s hand. A rush of power flowed into him. Strength returned to his limbs and the excitement he felt before returned. 

“No!”  shouted Igetis. “I will not let you control me!”

Laughter split from the glowing energy form. “I am not asking. I am your god. I am commanding you!”

Igetis could not hold on and soon his mind was under the control of the personage once again.  Then the energy form began to flow into Igetis’s body, connecting itself to all Igetis’s functions and thoughts. It continued until all the energy from the personage was now in Igetis. His eyes opened and the smile returned. “I will have my revenge,” he shouted with a dark deep laugh.

He then calmly walked out of the room down the hallway to the room with the large table. The large double silver doors closed behind him. He then stepped up the stairs to the gold-plated doors from which he had entered not long ago. As he approached the doors, he saw something out of the corner of his eye. An item of personal value was standing in a weapons rack in the corner of the room. He walked over to this location and grabbed a long staff with a symbol at the top that he knew so well. “Oh yes,” he cackled with that dark deep voice. “I will need you.” He then returned to the gold-plated doors.  They opened at his presence, and he stepped through, and they closed behind him. Another mechanical sound and the oval shape room began to lower back down the mountain.

As the moving room reached the floor from where Igetis first entered, it did not stop but continued to go deeper underneath the mountain. Crystal rocks lit the way as the room pushed lower under the ground of the great civilization. A few minutes later, a giant underground room was seen. The room was almost as large as the civilization itself. Within the room, there were many types of war and cargo space vessels, terrain vehicles, and many other vehicles for transportation. There were also large storage boxes filled with many types of weapons and ammunition. It appeared that this large civilization had been preparing for war for thousands of years.

The room stopped at the entrance to this giant underground room and the gold-plated doors opened.  Igetis walked through the entrance and made his way to one of the nearby space vessels. This spacecraft’s small and sleek design meant that it could only support a few crew members but had incredible speed. It had a rounded nose with a large round protruding window underneath the nose of the vessel. The pilot sat in the one-chair cockpit behind this large round window. Other crew members could sit in the upper section of the nose or within the diamond-shaped fuselage area of the ship. There were a pair of large upper wings that extended out in a triangular shape from the top middle of the fuselage and a pair of smaller lower wings that extended out in a circular shape from the lower middle of the fuselage.  Two engines were found between each of the wings and the main thruster at the end of the fuselage gave it a total of five engines.  The wings could rotate downward allowing the wing engines to hover and lift the ship from any location. It was equipped with six laser cannons on the wings, two small laser cannons at the front for close range, and two plasma rocket launchers at the bottom of the fuselage. This ship was built to handle any encounter that it came across.

Igetis engaged a console that displayed a holographic image of the ship with symbols showing below the image. He touched one of the symbols which displayed a second image and more symbols. A code was entered and the main door to the vessel began to lower creating a platform which Igetis used to enter the vessel. Once inside, the platform raised becoming the door, which closed and sealed the ship.

He then headed towards the cockpit by walking down the platform that lowered down to the cockpit chair. He sat in the chair and studied the many instruments and gadgets that were before him. He pushed a few buttons, and the ship came to life. Lights around the vessel switched on and all the consoles began to display messages. He then engaged one of the consoles and brought up the navigational array. He plotted in a course while he said with a deep sinister voice, “You were not smart enough to hide from me. I will find you and then the others.”

He then engaged the piloting system and ignited the engines. A large swirling sound was heard and then a large blast. The wing engines showed blue fire coming out the exhaust. Another button was pushed, and the wings rotated downwards. He took hold of the left joystick which controlled the lift and pulled downward. The engines immediately roared with incredible power and the space vessel hovered into the air. He then took hold of the right joystick and rotated it ever so slightly which began to turn the vessel. He now was pointing towards the back of this giant room. Another few buttons were pushed and there was a rush of air flowing into the large room. Light began to spill in from outside. Igetis pushed the right joystick forward and immediately the main thruster pushed the ship straight ahead. In that same instance, the wing engines lowered down their power and the wings quickly rotated back into forward position. The wing engines then returned to normal power, pushing the ship with more thrust. The highly advanced space vessel flew out the back entrance and lifted out into space. The doors closed once again hiding any evidence of him being there. 

This all happened while the rest of the team slept soundly on the first floor near the front entrance of the gigantic building. No one noticed that Igetis had awakened or had left them. They all rested peacefully after a day full of exhausting events. Soon they would awaken and would be terrified to find their friend was nowhere in sight on a gigantic planet in a galaxy lost in the middle of a giant nebula.

0