Chapter 7 A Face from the Past
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After eleven long hours had passed from leaving the hidden galaxy, a ship immerged from the giant nebula.  This space vessel had not been seen by any lifeforms for over a thousand years.  Despite this, the technology this ship had was superior to most of the space vessels traveling now.

 A warship patrolling the area looking for escaped prisoners spotted the craft and gave chase.  “It has been a while since I have seen you,” said Igetis with the dark deep voice when spotting the pursuing ship on the scanners.  He then engaged the engines to full power and the ship immediately launched into five times the speed of light.  The warship did not pursue knowing its orders were to patrol the area looking for a vessel matching the stolen cargo ship and it would be difficult to track this new encounter on any account.  They did report this new contact which immediately cascaded up to high command.  More warships were sent to the area, hoping to encounter the contact again.

Eight hours more had passed, and the space vessel emerged from light speed and approached an upcoming planet. When any traveler saw the black oceans of this world, they knew they had arrived at Nycakor. It was home to millions of different species from many different backgrounds. Its black oceans were due to the large number of different algae plants that grew within its waters. This gave the planet an eerie appearance that frighten all new travelers but ironically these black oceans were what brought most to this world. These dark oceans meant money and where money was found, protection was as well. 

Nycakor was the prime location for many trade routes that allowed many species to develop and purchase a variety of items and then transport them almost anywhere. The algae were the main ingredient in everything developed here. From medicines to food and drink to fuel, it was a major resource to a booming economy. This reason was why very lucrative and extremely wealthy high-end species lived here and the species that would do anything for them. It was also why the defenses of this planet were quite incredible which made all invaders think twice about attacking. Even the Kraken had come to trade and purchase here with the resources they had stolen from other worlds. They would rather trade than invade. The planet was more useful in its current state than under their control.

As the ship approached, the planet’s communication systems asked for identification and reason for the visit. A false ID was given that passed the planet’s safeguards and a simple reason for trade negotiations as the reason. Igetis was told where landing his ship was allowed and to proceed with caution. 

“I know that you are here. I can feel your presence. Oh, how I have waited to see your face again,” Igetis thought as he entered the planet’s atmosphere in route to one of the specified landing areas.

Once landed, he lowered the main entrance door, put on a robe that was stored on the ship which signified his royalty, grabbed his staff, and walked down the platform to the new planet. The ship’s door closed as he exited, and securities were set in place. 

The guards for the landing area gave him a nod as they did not see him as a danger and did not want to bother him because he looked important. Igetis continued his way out of the large facility that held all incoming space vessels and into the busy streets of Nycakor. What he saw were many tall buildings with a variety of businesses, vehicles of all types traveling in the air and on the ground, vendors selling assorted items on the streets, and many types of species walking in all directions, as Igetis walked the streets heading to his location. He was not being guided by maps, tracking devices, or satellite signals.  Igetis could feel the power and mind of the one he hunted. There was no other signal that would send out the one that he was sensing. He knew that she was close and that she did not expect him. “Oh, the look on her face will make up for being imprisoned for so long,” he thought as he walked patiently down the busy roads of Nycakor. He stopped at one of the street corners and decided to take one of the flying taxis that seemed to be going everywhere. He held up his long-fingered hand and after a few seconds, a spherical-shaped vehicle was hovering at his side. The door rotated open, and a robotic voice was heard asking for a location. “I am not sure of the exact location,” Igetis said in a nice polite voice. “How about I guide you as we go?” He then sat comfortably in the front seat of the hovering taxi and the door rotated closed. Then the spherical-shaped vehicle hovered up five hundred feet into flying traffic and headed in the direction specified by its passenger.

 

 

Twenty minutes later, the taxi lowered at a street corner that was near one of the many oceans that surround the land on Nycakor. The sight was quite breathtaking with the sun beginning to lower beneath the western hemisphere. The sunset created an orange glow in the surrounding clouds. A light rain began to fall, and thunder could be heard in the distance. Igetis looked up at the tall building where the spherical-shaped vehicle had stopped. He exited the vehicle and walked to the entrance of the building. He knew who he was looking for was here. If he could get close enough, he would sense her presence and would know he had found her.

As he entered, Igetis discovered that this was a business that developed types of foods from the many holographic presentations that he saw in the lobby. He also noticed that the security was laxed so he would have no trouble waiting in the building without being asked questions. He found a nice area out of the way, sat, and waited. 

Just over three hours later, the sun had completely fallen behind the horizon and one of Nycakor’s moons brighten the night sky. The streets were still crowded with those that love the night and others that were hurrying home from a long day’s work. There were still many workers of this business heading to the door at this late hour. He could feel her presence wandering the halls of this business. He patiently waited for his prey to show.

He was amused at the many different types of species that lived on this planet. Each of them, here to work, to survive. He felt this was the perfect place to hide for one that was being hunted. But of course, he was no ordinary hunter. No one could hide from his power. “I can find anyone even in the deepest darkest places of the Universe”, he cackled to himself as he sat and watched the surrounding species carry on with their lives. “This planet would be amazed to find someone with my power sitting among them. They could only hope I save them from a future of doom and despair.” The sly smile returned to his face as Igetis pondered possible coming events. Then his face turned to a look of pure anger as he saw her walking casually toward the exit with a small group of others from the building. He could sense her power and knew he had found his prey.

Long, straight, beautiful red hair fell nicely on a gorgeous green top that matched very well to a silky gold skirt. Her face was thin with an elegant round chin and a perky little nose. Her eyes were dark green hazel with bright gold pupils that were accentuated by her matching outfit. Her walk was that of confidence as someone who was not afraid of anything. She breathed power and authority. 

Igetis immediately stood upon seeing her face. He knew that she was who he had come to find. His smile returned and he quietly began to follow her, looking for the opportunity to spring his trap. “Be patient, be patient,” he thought, his fist clenching. “You have waited for over a thousand years, you can wait a few minutes more.” 

She exited the building without noticing him and began to walk the street on her normal path that she had taken night after night. She had grown to love this place. She felt she was making a difference and leaving the past behind. A past of pain and anguish, even after a thousand years, still hurt. But now she had a new life with new friends and felt that nothing could stop her, so she thought.

Her hunter quietly followed her, watching her every move. “I need something from you,” he thought. “Something that you took from me. What a clever trick!” He almost attacked her as he became angry, but then resisted knowing now was not the time. There were still many other species on the street, and it would cause a great commotion.  

She walked the path that took her near the black oceans. She loved to feel the cool breeze which reminded her of home. She knew nothing could compare but it still brought back memories. Many happy memories and then some very painful memories. She had taught herself to only remember those that gave her strength and motivated her to do better. Ironically, there were more painful memories that strengthen her than the pleasing ones.

Hereby the ocean at this location, there was nobody around, especially this late at night. She felt very confident in her abilities to defend herself if anyone was to try and attack her. Others have tried and they were not happy when it was all over. But now she sensed something that she had not felt for a very long time. 

 

 

Someone said her name but not the name she went by now. The name that she hoped that she would never hear again in the language she had spoken so long ago. She turned and faced a very unusual-looking character in a robe that she had seen before. The face of this unusual amphibian-looking creature she had never seen. There were not many of their species around these areas and now not many were around anywhere. 

“Who are you?” she asked in the language she spoke now on Nycakor. “And that is not my name.”  She hoped that she misheard what this creature had said, but what she was sensing made her believe that she had heard correctly.

“Oh, but it is,” Igetis stated with power and authority using the language he knew that she had spoken.  “It is the name I called you every morning as we greeted the western and eastern Suns. The two Suns that symbolized my father and mother.” Her face grew pale from fear. “It is the name I called you as we and all of our family forged a kingdom that stands as the greatest kingdom to ever exist in the entire Universe. Now I cannot remember even a tiny particle of what I once had, but I know your face and I have come to take back what was stolen from me!”

She trembled in fear. She sensed his presence but how could this be him. The face was not his but the power she sensed was. She stepped back not knowing what to do. Igetis raised the staff and then pointed it in her direction. She knew the symbol at the top of the staff. She knew where that staff was placed. How can it be here with this creature so many years later?

Suddenly there was a blinding light, and she flew backward hitting the ground hard and was knocked unconscious. Igetis approached her then kneeled beside her. For a few seconds, he treasured the satisfaction that he felt. His sly grin said it all. He reached down and placed his long fingers just above her face. A yellow glow radiated from his hand and began to merge with his prey. He felt power beginning to return to him. Things were becoming clearer, and the past was returning. 

Suddenly, her eyes opened, and she saw him kneeling over her. She could feel power draining from her.  She immediately knocked his hand away, rolled her body away from him, and with great athleticism, she flipped up on her feet and then turned to face him in a battle stance.  

Igetis stood up and glared at his opponent. “Fine. We will have to do this the hard way.” He then waved his hand over the top of his staff, and like magic, the symbol dissolved away. All that was left was a long metal rod. He then grasped the rod with both of his hands and quickly twisted the two ends in either direction. White streaks of lighting began to emerge from the middle of the rod and cover the whole staff. Two jagged blades protruded from both ends, shining brightly as if on fire. They began twisting rapidly. The heat from the friction produced a powerful white light. It now appeared as if this amphibian-like creature was holding a bolt of lightning. 

His opponent, still standing in her battle stance, opened her right hand, and immediately a yellow glow began to radiate from it. The light stringed down from her hand to the ground and then, like magic, an energy whip appeared, and she grasped it with her hand. With her other hand, she formed a large double-bladed energy-powered ax. Both weapons glowed with a mighty brightness that showed her strength.

Igetis began twisting the staff in both hands then with a mighty swing, he hit the ground causing a large blast pushing towards his opponent.  She, realizing what he was about to do, did a backflip in the air and jumped the approaching blast. Before she touched the ground again, she whipped her whip forward and tied it around Igetis’s flat feet. She pulled the whip back which sent Igetis flying in the air. He landed on his back in surprise and became angry at the simple way she took him down. He rolled to his feet and saw her double-bladed ax coming at him. He blocked it with the staff and sparks shot out around them.  He pushed her weapon back with his staff and began striking with right and left swings. She blocked each one easily by her surprise. 

Now angrier than ever, Igetis pivoted backward, and then while twisting his body around, he swung the staff with all his might. Once the staff was pointed at his opponent, a powerful white bolt of lightning emerged from the staff and flew at his opponent.

Also realizing what was coming, she held both hands together creating a cross. Immediately, an energy shield appeared which blocked the approaching blast. Her feet slid back a few feet, and she was astonished that she was still standing. Both looked at each other in confusion. She then placed her hands together, and like magic, both weapons disappeared. Keeping her hands together, she held them over her head. A bright yellow light began emerging from her hands, and her eyes began glowing with power. Igetis saw this and began to back away. She now lowered her hands to her side and with one quick movement, she pushed her right hand towards Igetis. A powerful ball of energy came flying from her hand and smashed into Igetis which sent him flying and landing hard against the ground. His staff flew from his hand and landed harmlessly on the ground with no emerging white bolts of lightning.  Then a small yellow glow emerged from Igetis’s head and flew into the Nycakor’s night sky.

 

 

Igetis did not move, so his opponent approached him cautiously. She could see him breathing, but his eyes were not open. She stood above him, ready for anything. She wondered if she should kill him now when he was so vulnerable, but there were so many questions. “Why is his appearance different? How did he escape? Is it him or is this a trick? Has he warned the others? And most importantly, how did she stop him so easily?” He was much more powerful than her. “Something is not right,” she said looking over the strange creature lying still on the ground. She decided to shake him to try and wake him. There was no response. She shook him harder, maybe too hard. He began to open his eyes and he immediately grabbed his head and moaned in pain.

“Ouch, my head hurts,” Igetis said. “What has happened?” He began to look around. His opponent was not taking any chances. She stood at the ready just in case this action was a trick. She did notice his voice was different and the language he was speaking was not the same as he had just spoken. It was a language not well known in Nycakor, but she had heard that language before as well.

“How did you find me and how are you here?” she said in the language that he previously spoke. She was still standing over him in a battle stance.

Igetis looked at her with a confused look. He then looked behind him to see if she was speaking to someone else. He slowly tried to stand, his head still hurting. She pushed him back down and immediately he looked at her with the same confused look. He held up his hands in a surrender gesture.  “I am sorry, but I do not know what I have done or where I am. If I have done anything to harm you in any way, then please forgive me.” He paused to see if she responded. She now stood in a normal position and her face became calmer. Seeing this, he asked, “Will you please tell me where I am and what has happened?”

 She was hesitant about giving him any help or answering any of his questions, but she had many of her own that needed to be answered. “First, tell me who you are?” she asked in the language that he spoke.  “Do not attempt to get up or I will hurt you!”

Igetis gave her a concerned look but was happy to hear she could communicate with him. “My name is Igetis.” He paused to see if that name meant anything to her. After no response, he asked, “Will you please tell me where I am?”

“You do not know where you are?”  she answered with a scolding demeanor. 

He stood up cautiously, waiting for her to push him down. She allowed him to stand but backed away a few steps. This move surprised Igetis, but he was more concerned about his aching head and body because he did not know why he was injured. He grabbed his head and then sighed heavily. “I do not know where I am or what has happened to me or why I am injured,” he said trying to keep his balance.  “Ever since we crashed our ship, I have been confused and frightened. I do not know where my friends-”  

“Crashed your ship!?” his opponent interrupted.  “Here on Nycakor?”

“What!?” Igetis replied, shocked. “Where?”

“You are on Nycakor,” she responded with a scolding tone. “You crashed your ship on Nycakor and then decide to come and attack me?” Igetis began to stumble because of what he had just heard. “Why did you attack me!?” she repeated with a fierce look. 

Igetis’s face was that of pure astonishment. “How am I on Nycakor?” He looked around, bewildered by his location. “Our ship crashed on an unknown planet in the middle of this giant nebula.” When hearing that, his opponent’s face became pale. “We escaped, “Igetis continued while lowering his head with his hands on the side of his face, “these frightening predators and then found this incredible ancient civilization,” he now lifted his head and spread his arms wide trying to demonstrate how big this civilization was, “and found buildings filled with amazing technology but there was no intelligent life anywhere.” He began to look around again in amazement, not believing he was here.

His opponent was now in pure shock. She could not believe what she was hearing. “When and how!”  she blurted out in horror. Igetis again looked at her with a confused face. She then sighed and asked again with less passion, “When did you crash your ship on…” she almost said the name of the planet then decided to use his words, “this unknown planet and how did you find this planet?” She stared at Igetis becoming impatient that he had not been clearer on these events.

“I cannot say how long,” he began to say but then paused and shrugged. “I do not even know how long I have been here.” Her jaw dropped in amazement, and she was becoming very frustrated. “I do not even know how I got here!”

She again sighed heavily and then asked, “Igetis, what is the last thing you remember?”

Fear appeared on his face. “A terrible, evil voice,” he whispered in a frightening tone.

“A voice?” she responded with a confused look. “Here on Nycakor?”

He shook his head. “On the unknown planet.” Her look became that of fear again. “I even sensed something before we even found the planet. It is why we found the planet. This personage or creature of some sort led us there.” She was lost for words as she just stared at him. “I cannot explain it. I can sense what others are thinking or feeling and when I sensed this personage, I felt it best to take us there and we thought this thing would help us.”

“This cannot be possible,” she thought. She asked Igetis already knowing the answer, “Did you find this thing or personage?”

“When we crashed on the planet,” he responded speaking softly and nervously, “I could sense this creature more powerful than ever. I even had visions of where to go. I knew we were to follow the path towards a large purple mountain.” She stepped back and stumbled almost fainting from the shock of what he was saying. He paused and reached out his hands intending to help. She held up her hand to say she was fine and then told him to continue. “We found a large civilization at the base of the purple mountain, almost at the cost of our lives. We then explored the civilization and found a large, gigantic building with hologram displays that we believed to tell the story of the creators of that civilization, but no one was found anywhere.” He then paused and sighed heavily, knowing the next part of the story would be hard to tell. “I remember seeing this face in one of the holograms and then suddenly I heard and saw the most frightening images. I became so scared that I fell into a deep sleep.” He paused to see if she had any response. She was completely fixated on what he was saying. “I then awoke later in the night when I hear this awful scream. I awake thinking I will find all my friends awake, but they are all still asleep. I then begin to hear this voice in my head again, calling me to come to it.” He rubbed his eyes, trying to think of what happened next. “I then felt my mind giving way to this awful creature or spirit and not being able to overcome its power. After that, there are scattered images of things I can recall. I remember seeing a ball of light becoming the form of a two-legged creature without a face but had arms. I remember a glass orb and I believe I boarded a ship.” He looked around still confused about where he was at and noticed the robe he was wearing. “I don’t even remember putting this thing on,” he said tugging at the robe.

His opponent was stunned. She stared out into the ocean of Nycakor, not knowing what to do. She then began to ask herself questions, “Could he be telling the truth?  Was he overpowered by him? I know that I sensed him here when he attacked me but now I don’t. Where is he now? How would he know I was here? How could he have called this creature to him? How could they have found the planet when it was hidden so well?” She kept going over all these events in her head. “This is impossible. We did everything perfectly. There was no way he could have escaped.” She finally looked at Igetis and tried to search his eyes to see if he was lying. Igetis gave his sly smile but this time his smile was different from what she saw before. This was a smile of a friend.   

“I can sense what you are trying to do,” he said as she continued to look at him. “I promise you that I am telling the truth.” She turned her head and looked out into the ocean again. “Can I ask you a question?”  She looked at him with a disparaging face. He nervously asked, “Why do my head and body hurt?”

“You attacked me, and I fought back.”

“Oh.” He looked down and then nervously asked another question, “Why did I attack you?”

“It seems that I was this, as you say, the creature or spirit’s main target.”

“Why would the creature want you?” he asked as he continued to rub his head to dim out the pain.

She just smiled at him, and he could sense that he was not going to get an answer.

He then looked around at his surroundings once again and asked, “So what do we do now?”

She gave a huge sigh and shook her head. “We return to this unknown planet and see if you are telling the truth.” She then looked at him and gave him an evil stare. “And so help me, if you are lying, you will not like what I will do to you!”

“Fine,” he said nervously. “Only one thing. I do not know how to get back to this unknown planet and I have no idea where the ship is that got me here.”

His opponent with her long red hair walked calmly over to where the dropped staff laid, picked it up, and began to analyze it. Then she looked at Igetis with a powerful stare. “Luckily, I know the way.”  Igetis shot back a look of shock. “And I am sure the ship that brought you has been noticed by many here which will make it easy to find.” 

0