Chapter 15 Clues Found in the Memories of the Talking Fish
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The General and Rose were now sitting in the dining hall alone, quietly discussing everything that had happened.  Everyone else, except Igetis, was gathered by all the holograms on the first floor, also discussing everything that they had heard.  Igetis, being so troubled by what he had learned, had gone off by himself to ponder about the shocking revelations that had been revealed.  None of the nine that crash-landed their ship on this incredible planet could have thought that they were landing on what billions thought was the home of the gods. They would have never thought they would be the reason why one of the most treacherous beings to roam the Universe escaped and could now continue with his plan of destruction. If everything that had been revealed was true, the future of the Universe looked dire. 

“I thought we had the perfect plan,” said Rose. “I thought no one would ever find this place because of the great work we went through to hide it from the Universe.” She shook her head in disappointment. “How can nine fleeing from their enemy stumble upon the greatest hidden secret ever.”

“An enemy that we created,” commented the General.  Rose hung her head in shame. “The key is the ‘talking fish’. He is the reason they are here and why Zeus is free again. We must figure out how this all happened and why.”

“You heard what Igetis said. Zeus overpowered him as he has done many other times.”

“How could he when he was locked away. He had no way to communicate with anyone. We made sure of that.”

“There must have been something we missed.” Rose covered her face and sighed heavily. “It has been fifteen-hundred years since we last stepped on this planet. So many memories are flooding back into my head.”

“I know that we missed nothing,” said the General.  “And why after fifteen-hundred years?  Igetis must not be telling us everything.”

“If you did not trust him,” said Rose with a penetrating look, “why did you tell everyone who we were and our entire history?”

“There is something unique about these nine that I cannot explain,” remarked the General as he scratched his chin pondering deeply.

“That is the adjective I would use,” commented Rose. “They are unique.” She could tell from his face that there was more to what he was saying. “You cannot possibly believe that these nine were somehow led here by his followers or by a powerful being?”

“Either something allowed Zeus to communicate with Igetis or some power brought them here,” answered the General.

“Why do you believe that?” asked Rose. “Could it have not been Zeus?  You know his power.”

“How could he have led them to Olympus through the Nebula?” answered the General nearly yelling. “How did he bring them to the mountain? How did he lead Igetis to the War Room? And last of all, how did he get Igetis past the memory lock which only four of us knew the memories that would unlock the door to his location?”

“I do not know.”

“Something has led them here. I fear that his followers have discovered our secret.” The General paused and Rose could tell he was deep in thought. He then spoke, his voice deep and penetrating, “I have seen and heard of events in the last twenty years that made me believe a new power is rising. The Kraken were dormant and looked as if they were on the verge of extinction.” He looked at Rose and she nodded in approval. “Then something made them powerful again and they began taking over worlds just as they were designed to do. Other powerful creatures, that were thought to be destroyed, have risen and been causing havoc. I thought when these events first began that they would end quickly because without him, they were not as powerful, but they continued to gain strength. Now our worst nightmares have come true, and I fear there is no way to stop it.” 

Just then, the rest of the group followed Igetis into the great dining hall. Each one of them eyed the General and Rose as they all took a seat across from them at the massive table where they were seated. Igetis showed that he had been thinking deeply about what he had been told. He had been struggling to come to grips with the current situation. He could not understand how anyone would allow such tragedy to occur. He looked at Rose and smiled. She returned the smile, but he could tell that she was nervous about what he would say. He then looked at the General and Igetis’s face turned to anger but then with a heavy sigh, you could see the anger drain from his face. The General waited patiently for him to speak.

“I am not from your world,” said Igetis, “so I cannot judge you on what has happened here. But it is difficult to understand why you allowed it to happen. It only seems as if you felt that their life did not matter. That they did not have a choice and you had already judged their fate.” He paused and waited to see if the General responded.

The General leaned forward on his elbows and placed his hands underneath his chin. He stared at Igetis for a small moment and Igetis only returned the look, showing no emotion. The General then said in a calm tone, “Do you think that we did not try numerous times to pull away as many as we could from the grasp that he had upon his followers? Do you think that this was our first attempt at stopping him from destroying so many lives? For years and years, we looked to find a way where we could persuade anyone to stand up against him. Some tried but then fear drove them back.” The General paused and his face turned to sadness. “I knew many of the billions that lost their lives in the last war.  They were good souls.” His face was serious again and the liquid in his eyes began to become black.  “But I know that if I would have stood against them as an enemy to Zeus, they would have not hesitated in cutting me down. Sometimes the worst enemy is yourself.”

Everyone now was looking at Igetis, waiting to see his response. “Time will only tell how I feel about this story that has been revealed. But I can see the trust that you have given us and that tells me the integrity that you must possess. Anyone that knew what they did was wrong would lie and would have killed us long ago to hide this secret.”

“Thank you,” said Rose smiling.

“Forgiveness is a lesson that many religions in my world taught me that claimed you as their god,” said Igetis with a small wink to Rose. “I guess I have you to thank as willing to forgive you two.”

“A lesson that I wish Zeus would have learned as well,” remarked Rose with sadness in her eyes.

“Speaking of him,” interrupted the General, “we have much to discuss.”

“Such as where he is at,” commented Tharros.

“That too,” answered the General. “But more importantly, how he escaped.”

“Igetis explained all that,” remarked Dyamion with irritation in his voice. “Zeus overpowered his mind and made him do things that he had no idea what he was doing. He has done that before according to you.”

“Yes,” said the General. “But he was locked away in this orb that was designed to not allow him the use of his powers outside of the orb.”

“Maybe you made a mistake,” remarked Dunamis with a harsh tone.

“I do not make mistakes Centaur,” said the General with his eyes turning slightly black looking directly at Dunamis. He turned and looked at Igetis. “If it was Zeus that led you here, then someone or something let him guide you to this place.”

“And you are afraid that it is one of his followers,” commented Igetis.

“There were some mighty powerful followers that did escape the last war and there are countless other monsters and creatures that he created that still roam this Universe.” The General’s face turned to empathy as he made the next comment.  “All of you know that too well.” Igetis nodded his head in acknowledgment. “It is possible that this plan was devised by one of them.” The General then smiled and looked directly at Igetis. “There is one way that we can know for certain.”

Rose already knew what the General was planning and gave him a concerned look. Igetis’s sly smile returned. “What would that be?”

The General gave a small sigh. “I scan your mind and read your thoughts.”

Everyone’s face turned to shock, and they all stared at Igetis, except Rose who stared down and shook her head.

 “You have that type of technology?” asked Igetis.

“We do. We penetrate your brain with a long needle and dispense a completely harmless solution. We then send a small current through the solution which intensifies your brain receptors. The solution then reads those receptors and then magically gathers all your thoughts and memories. We then suck the solution back out of your mind and then use our technology to read your thoughts by reading the captured thoughts and memories in the solution.”

“Quite remarkable!” shouted Gennai.

“Can’t you just place your hand on his face and meld with his mind or maybe collect his tears and read his thoughts from those?”  said Gelio with a slight hint of sarcasm. “Why do you have to pierce his brain with a needle?”

“You have quite an imagination,” said Rose with a grin. The serpent smiled back.

“What do you hope to learn?” asked Igetis.

“When Zeus linked with your mind, his thoughts became your thoughts,” answered the General.  “I am hoping that we can find what Zeus was planning and why.”

“There is something else,” responded Igetis with his frog-like eyes narrowed. “An answer to see if I am trustworthy in what I am telling you.”

“I will not lie and say that is not a small part of my wanting to do this,” commented the General with a slight grin. “But also, other important questions. How he was able to get past the memory lock?  How did he know where to find Rose? And most importantly, where he is now? You, Igetis are the key to all those questions.”

“Will it hurt him?” asked Dyamion.

“No pain will be felt, I promise you,” said Rose.

“Any lasting or harmful effects?” asked Tharros.

“Only that we will know what he thinks about us,” joked the General with a large smile.

“There is no need to probe my mind if that is all you are wanting,” answered Igetis. “I will tell you exactly what I think of you.” Igetis gave his sly smile, and everyone around could not tell if he was being serious. “When do we start?”

 

 

Everyone was now in a new location in the Temple of the Sky.  This location looked very much like a highly advanced hospital.  There were medical instruments of all types neatly organized in many different containers.  Rows of beds were seen with holographic images spinning around each bed.  Instrument panels lined the walls and what appeared to be androids were standing stationary at different locations.  The place was pristine like everywhere else in the building. 

Igetis was laying down in one of those beds and a hologram was hovering above him, giving out his vital signs on his condition.  He was awake and smiling at Rose as she pushed different symbols on the hologram which was preparing him for the procedure.  The General was standing behind her watching her work.

“I hope you still like me,” said Igetis, “after you know all my secrets.”

Rose smiled. “I promise you that it will not affect my likeness for you one bit.”

“Just don’t tell Tharros how wonderful I think she is,” joked Igetis.  “Her ego is big enough already.”

Tharros and the rest of the team were standing a few feet back, anxiously wanting the procedure to be complete.  Tharros heard the last comment and rolled her eyes.

“We are now going to activate one of the androids to perform the procedure,” explained the General.  “Should not take more than 10 minutes.”

“A robot doctor?” questioned Gelio with anxiety in her voice.  “Are we sure we can trust them?

Rose gave her a confused stare. After a few moments she smiled.  “They are highly advanced and there is no need to be afraid.”

“I am just afraid if the machines decide to take us over,” responded Gelio with her eyes wide and her tongue flicking.

“Where do you get these ideas?” asked Dunamis while shaking his head.

The General pushed a few buttons on the hologram and an android by the wall closest to the bed, came to life.  The android consisted of an upper and lower body.  A holographic head topped the upper body and two holographic arms hung from the side and attached to two mechanical hands that were equipped with a variety of different instruments.  The main portion of the upper body was rounded and transparent and looked to have different moving parts.  Holographic symbols could be seen flashing at different locations throughout this portion of the android.  The lower body contained two holographic legs that attached the upper body to two boots below which allowed the android to move to the front of the bed.  The face had two eyes, a nose, and a mouth but the top of the head was completely bald.  The android began to speak, but the language that it spoke, only the General and Rose understood.  The General upon hearing this pushed a few buttons and the language it spoke was changed.

“I will now begin,” the android said in a robotic voice, “the procedure of memory extraction of the patient.  We will begin this procedure by emitting light anesthesia to help calm the patient.”  The android’s hands tapped a few buttons on the holograms hovering above the bed and then a mist began falling slowly upon Igetis laying on the bed.  He immediately began to smile and became motionless.  “The patient’s readings show that he is in a restful state.  If all agree, I will now proceed with the memory extraction.”

“How are you feeling Igetis?” asked Rose.

“I feel… wonderful,” Igetis said, slurring his words.  “Do you know you are very pretty?” he continued to say looking at Rose, but his head remained motionless due to the restraints. “And…you are weird looking,” he said looking at the General.  The General and Rose shook their heads.  He then looked straight up at the holograms and saw bright lights and then closed his eyes.  “Why…why does everyone call me a talking fish?  Do…do they not know I am amphibian?” He then gave a huge smile, and it appeared that he was falling asleep.

“You can continue the procedure,” said the General to the android.

“Understood,” answered the android.  “I am now inserting a hypodermic needle into the patient’s cranium area.”  A long needle protruded from the android’s mechanical hands and began carefully inserting the needle into the top of Igetis’s head.  He remained motionless as the needle continued to be inserted.  Some of the team looked away not liking the sight of needles.  Dyamion and Tharros looked on, watching closely and hoping nothing goes wrong.

“The needle is now at the proper location,” explained the android.  “Vital signs of the patient are in normal parameters.  I will now proceed with dispensing the solution.”  A light blue solution was seen flowing through the android’s hand, into the needle.  The hologram above showed the solution beginning to collect around Igetis’s brain.  “The solution is now dispensed.  Now proceeding to electrify the solution with a low amp current.”  The hologram began to light up showing the solution was being electrified.  Images of Igetis’s brain in the hologram above the bed showed a lot of activity beginning to transpire.  After two to three minutes, the android said, “The solution is now in possession of all the patient’s brain activity.  Now extracting the solution.”  The solution was shown leaving Igetis’s cranium area and then the needle was extracted as well.   “The patient’s vital signs are still in normal parameters,” continued the android.  “The procedure was a success.  Where would you like the patient’s brain activity deposited?”   Rose pointed to an instrument panel over on the wall and then began checking the hologram for Igetis’s vital signs.  The android moved to the panel and dispensed the solution into a container that was attached.

“Do we let him sleep?” asked Rose.

“He will not like it if we do,” answered the General, already walking over to the instrument panel.

Rose touched a few buttons on the hologram and another mist began to fall slowly on Igetis.  His eyes then opened, and he looked up at Rose with a groggy look.  “Are we done?”

“All done,” said Rose with a smile.  “The procedure was a success.”

“So, do you hate me yet after you saw what I thought of you?” Igetis joked as he sat up in the bed.

Rose smiled and rolled her eyes. “We have not looked at the solution yet,” she pointed at the General who was over at the instrument panel preparing to analyze the solution, “so I will have to get back to you on my answer,” she said with a wink.

Filos walked up to Igetis and asked, “How do you feel?”

“I am fine, my friend.  Let’s only hope that this procedure was worth the time.”

They all gathered around the instrument panel as the General clicked a few buttons and images and symbols began to appear.  The General seemed very interested in what he was seeing.  He stared at the panel, and everyone could tell that his mind was running a million miles an hour.

“General?” asked Tharros.  “Care to share what you are looking at?”

He turned and saw all eyes staring at him and he raised his hand in an apologetic gesture.  He pointed at one of the areas of the panel and an image enlarged.  “This gives us a readout of Igetis’s brain activity for the last couple of weeks.  Right here,” he enlarged the image more to show more details, “you can see quite a spike.  About the time that we would feel, Zeus, overpowered Igetis.  Then the brain activity changes which shows us that Igetis was telling the truth.”

“You are surprised?” asked Igetis with his sly smile.

“No.” answered the General.  “It is about the brain patterns that existed before the brain activity changed.”

“Can you explain to those of us with a less medical background so that we may understand?” asked Atromitos. Her face showing frustration.

“It means that Zeus took memories belonging to Igetis and possessed them for his use,” answered the General.  “There are similar patterns that exist before and after Zeus overpowered Igetis.”

“I am not an expert in reading other’s minds,” stated Gennai, “but don’t we all have similar brain activity.  How can you tell what belongs to who?”

The General brought up a diagram that showed Igetis’s brain. He then clicked a few symbols, and a large list of symbols began flowing down the instrument panel. “This diagram shows an image of brain activity that goes on in Igetis’s mind.  We all know that different sections control different parts of our body through electric synapses.  It also is how memories are stored and sent within the brain.  Our systems can analyze brain activity and pluck out all activities that are memories.  The trick with memories is their length.”  He paused and thought about how he can explain.  “If you think about a rock falling into a body of water, the effect is ripples flowing out across the water from where the rock impacted. Those ripples seem to go on forever as different parts of the water absorb the ripples as it affects the whole body of water.  It is the same as memories. Memories tend to absorb each other so many memories become one. This is how memories are stored in our minds and as we age those memories seem to cluster together where memory patterns are similar.  The programs that we developed look at the brain activity from the beginning and can distinguish each memory and give it a name or an identification.”  He pointed at the long list on the panel. “These are all the different memories that were found.  The program can also give us a good indication on when the memory was first introduced which then allows us to know when this memory took place.” He paused waiting for questions, but when no one talked he continued, “When Zeus took over Igetis’s mind, it is as if he removed Igetis’s memories and placed his own except for,” he looked at Rose as he finished what he was saying, “these four memories.”

“So why would he want those four memories?” asked Gennai.

“That is the crucial question for which we need answers,” answered the General.

He tapped a few more symbols on the instrument panel and lights began blinking and then a small slot opened.  Inside the slot was a tiny black disc.  The General picked up the disc and showed it to Igetis.  The disc was no bigger than the top of the General’s forefinger because he easily balanced it on his forefinger to show Igetis.  He said as he showed Igetis the disc, “This is everything inside your brain.”

Igetis looked at the disc.  “I do not think you are meaning that as a compliment.”

The General smiled then he began walking down the hall.  “Now it is time to see these memories in action.” Everyone followed the General not knowing what he meant, except Rose of course.

 

 

They were now in a new part of the Temple, and all cannot believe how this building seemed to become bigger and bigger.  With the General and Rose as their tour guides, they were beginning to discover how powerful these Olympians truly were.

The General tapped a symbol that just appeared on the glass in front of them.  The glass door opened, and he stepped inside.  The rest followed and they found themselves in a large dark square room.  There were dark panels on the wall and some other instruments, but the team could not tell what they were used for.  The General stepped over to a device hanging on the wall and clicked a button and a slot opened.  He placed the tiny disc inside and the slot closed.  The room lit up and three-D images began to form magically out of the air.  One image appeared by Gelio which made her scream, and she hid behind Dyamion.  Once all images were loaded, the team recognized that these images were of them.  All life-size and looked life-like as well.

“I felt it best to start scanning the disc at this point.  This seems to be where Zeus first attempted to overtake Igetis’s mind,” explained the General as he looked around at all the different images.

Tharros looked around at the images and said, “So we are seeing what Igetis was seeing?”

“Correct.”

Tharros continued to scan the images and the look on her face showed she was confused.  “You said this was when Zeus first attempted to overtake Igetis’s mind?”  The General nodded.  “But this is when we first discovered this large building.  We had already been on this planet for days.  Igetis started sensing and hearing things when we were still in the nebula.”

“That is what the brain patterns show,” answered the General.  “I see no other attempt at contact from Zeus until this.”

“This looks to be when Igetis first saw the face in the hologram,” stated Dyamion.  “He saw the face and terror struck over him.  He finally collapsed and went into a deep sleep.  Then the next morning, he was gone.”

The General pushed a few buttons, and the images began to move.  Things began playing out around them as they relived the events that had already happened.

“Talk about your Deja-vu,” said Gennai as he watched everyone run to Igetis to help him in the images.

“I know there are some memories that I would love to view over and over again,” joked Gelio with her tongue flicking. Rose rolled her eyes and shook her head upon hearing this.

“This is not something I would like to relive.  I am feeling chills just watching it now,” commented Igetis.

Dunamis let out a small scream and everyone turned to look at him.  “The other me just walked through me.  This is so weird!”  The General smiled along with everyone else, and they all continued to watch the show.

The moving images were now showing Igetis awake as the rest of the team was fast asleep.  Now everyone was watching closely, even Igetis because he only remembered small parts of what happened.  He was seen walking up the stairs, opening doors that the team had seen before.  He was now in the War Room and the General and Rose watched closely.  The General brought up a hologram panel out of midair and began to scan it as the images continued to move.  Igetis had now arrived at the now-famous doors that were sealed to prevent all from entering with a memory lock.  A lock that only four should be able to enter because only they held the memories.  As the scene played out, the General was looking at the hologram panel watching what looked to be brain patterns and analyzing what Igetis was thinking literally.  After a long moment of watching Igetis spin the lock to three different points, the door opened, and a gush of air blew through the War Room.  After the door opened, the images stopped, and everyone looked around wondering why they were not moving.

“I have analyzed the patterns in this memory and my theory is correct,” stated the General.  “The memories that Zeus used came from the stored memories that belonged to Igetis.”

Everyone immediately turned and looked at Igetis and his face showed nothing but shock.  “How would I know what memories they are!?  I still do not even know of what memories you are speaking of!  I did not know what a memory lock is until Rose explained that to me!  I do not even know how a memory lock operates!”

The General’s face showed no emotion.  He patiently waited for Igetis to finish and then explained, “I promise you that I am only telling you what I see here.  Those memories that unlocked this memory lock came from you.  Zeus did not have the memories.”

“So how would he have received these memories?” asked Filos.  “These memories probably happened before his lifetime. He has never been here or even met any of you or an Olympian.”

“I do not know,” answered the General.  “What is most concerning is that this elaborate plan from whom started it has worked perfectly.  Zeus has escaped and now we have no way of stopping him.  Only his followers and those that wanted him to escape would have put together such a plan.  It seems to me that Igetis was a part of this plan if he wanted to or not.”

“You are nuts!” yelled Atromitos, scaring everyone.  She walked over to the image of Igetis and pointed at the lock.  “You are telling me that someone or something placed these memories in Igetis in a slight chance that he would escape from the Kraken, get lost in a Nebula, somehow find his way to a galaxy that no one can find for over fifteen-hundred years, crash land on this incredible planet, find his way to this large building and then open the door to let this crazy, highly intelligent being out so he can continue his plan of ruling the Universe!”  She stopped. Took a deep breath and calmly said, “That is what you are telling me?”

The General, with his face showing no emotion, calmly said, “I am only telling you the facts that I am seeing.  I know that it sounds highly dubious, but from what I can see here, Igetis had those memories.”  Everyone again stared at Igetis, who shrugged not knowing what to say.  The General then continued, “We still have one more memory to analyze.”

“What does that memory contain?” asked Dyamion.

“Rose’s location.”  The General pushed a button, and the images began to move again.

They saw the smashing of the glass orb and then the dramatic exchange between Igetis and this powerful being.  Everyone was shocked when Igetis was absorbed by Zeus, and they saw the change that happened within him.  All were horrified as they watched Igetis struggle to free himself from his hold, but the power was too strong, and he had to bow to his will.

Igetis was shown stopping to grab the staff and walking out of the War Room.  They all watched as he proceeded down to the lowest level and emerged to what looked like a fleet of ships and other vehicles plus large storages of weapons of all types.  Dyamion and Tharros looked at the General wanting to question him if this was real at what they were seeing.  The General noticed their look but went back to analyzing the brain patterns as Igetis boarded the ship that everyone watched land by the large building almost a week ago.   They saw Igetis entering the desired coordinates and the ship began its departure from the underground level of this large temple.  Again, the images stopped, and the General looked at Igetis.

“I already know what you are going to say,” Igetis said before the General could speak.  “I, somehow, got the coordinates where Rose was found.”

The General nodded and gave a heavy sigh.  “To be completely honest, I am baffled at all of this.  Nothing makes sense.”

“Oh really!” yelled Gelio.  “At what part did you get lost?  The part where a powerful crazy creature possesses Igetis’s mind or the part you tell us you are gods from long ago?”

The General ignored what Gelio said and continued to explain, “I can understand the three memories being placed in your mind, from where I have no idea.  But the coordinates for Rose.  What would he accomplish by going after her?”

“You said his memories were wiped,” answered Igetis, “so he was going after her to regain those memories.”

“That is what I thought,” responded the General.  “But that was before I knew that Zeus was given the memories.  If whoever had these three distinct memories to plant in Igetis’s mind, then they had to have others that they could have given to Zeus as well.”

“Did you see any other memories from Zeus?” asked Atromitos. “Maybe your wipe of his memory did not work.”

“The brain patterns show that he was confused as Igetis remembers, but after being trapped for over fifteen-hundred years, you will remember some things. Zeus knew that he was a powerful being, but all knowledge of what he possessed was wiped.  When he was freed, his power increased but he was not full strength.  Memories were returning but only a little at a time.”

“So, you believe that this memory prompted him to come after me?” asked Rose with confusion on her face.

“As strange as it sounds, but yes.”

“Is anybody else completely confused like I am?” asked Filos. His leathery skin was a nice shade of green. Everyone stared at the lizard, but no one spoke.  “I take your non-answer as a yes.”  He gave a heavy sigh.  “We are on this incredible planet with this amazing technology, and you have everything you need here.  Why would you give him a memory that would make him leave?” He looked around at everyone and all stared back showing no emotion. “Please tell me that I am dreaming because nothing makes sense anymore.” 

“The lizard is right,” stated Dunamis. “Why leave when you have everything here?  Plus, he found Rose, why not return?”

“Very good question, Centaur,” said the General. “A question to which we do not know the answer?”

“Could he be back, and you do not know he is back?” asked Gennai.

“We would know he is back,” answered Rose. “It would be hard for him to hide from us.  We would sense him.”

“How?  Do you have a spider sense or something?  Something tinkles when he is around?” asked Gelio.  He looked at Makarios and gave him her large smile. He could only roll all eight eyes. 

“I think the best thing to do is continue analyzing his brain patterns and see if more answers are given,” said the General.

“Great!” yelled Makarios. “Because I want to see how it ends!”

The General gave a slight smile and then pushed a button, and the images began moving again.  They all saw Igetis flying the ship out of the planet’s atmosphere and into space. The ship then approached the outer borders of the large galaxy and the energy field that the team remembered pushing their way through was still pulsating as before. The ship approached the energy field and pushed its way through which rattled the ship hard for a few seconds but then continued with little damage.

“What is the purpose of a force field if it doesn’t keep anybody out or in?” asked Gelio as they continued to watch the images that Igetis saw.

“The main purpose is to block all communication and was only triggered when it saw you approaching,” answered Rose. “There is a code that you enter which changes your polarity which allows you to fly right through.”

“Wish I would have known that when we destroyed our ship going through it,” stated Tharros.

“Why did Zeus… or Igetis… or whoever is flying the ship enter the code?” asked Makarios. 

“He did not know,” answered Rose.  She pointed at her head and said, “No memories.”

“But doesn’t an energy field invite others to investigate?” asked Atromitos. “If you are trying to hide something, why bring up an energy field which says, I’m hiding something.”

“It triggered when you were within a million miles of the galaxy’s location,” explained Rose seeming agitated. “Any other ship would have lost all readouts and then went a different direction thinking it was an exploding star or some other phenomenon. You kept going because you had a ‘talking fish’ leading the way.”

Igetis rolled his eyes and calmly said, “You are just upset that we found your secret.”

Rose was about to respond, but the General held up his hand which made her stop.  “I am going to move forward to where he encountered Rose on Nycakor.  I am seeing brain activity that I need to analyze during this event.” 

The images now showed the discussion take place and Rose was knocked on her back. Then Igetis was standing over her and an energy beam was emitting from his hand and entering Rose’s head.  After a few moments, the images stopped again.

“Is he searching her mind at this point?” asked Gennai. His little nose twitching.

“Yes,” said the General, but he was interested in something on the holographic panel that he was analyzing.  He was pushing buttons and symbols for a few moments and then turned to Rose.

Rose could see the look of concern on his face, and she asked, “What is wrong?”

“The memories that he was able to extract from your mind gives a location of someone vitally important,” answered the General. “Did we not agree to not know of each other’s location for this reason?” The octave level in his voice was increasing. “We knew if we were aware of each other’s location that his followers could hunt us down one by one!”

“We only met for a few moments.  He may not even be there anymore,” suggested Rose.

“You do not sound certain!”  She lowered her head. “You know he is there!” The General covered his face and gave a heavy sigh.

“I am sorry!” shouted Rose. “I had no idea that this was going to happen!”

“And you did not tell me!”

“I did not know what he was doing! It happened so quickly! I was not sure it was him until I got here and then I forgot he had even had a chance to scan my memories!”

“You know what he has?  The entire reason that he helped us in the first place!”

She covered her face, and all could tell that she was very concerned.

“Of whom are we speaking?” asked Igetis.  Everyone else slowly stepped closer to the General and Rose, desperately wanting them to explain.

The General and Rose looked at each other and wondered if they should explain. Finally, the General shook his head and said, “We told you that there were four of us that devised the plan. He is one of the four.”

“And what does he have that terrifies you so?  A weapon?  A device that can control this incredible technology that Zeus invented?” asked Igetis. His frog-like eyes narrowed.

“Something that scared this individual so much that he was willing to join our side and help,” said the General. “This individual was second in command.  Zeus’s most trusted friend. But this object, terrified him enough to plan the end of his master’s kingdom.”

“And you are not going to tell us?” asked Igetis with his sly smile. He already knew the answer.

“Only if I have to, and right now is not the time because Rose and I have to go save this individual’s life.”

“Isn’t it weird that you will not tell us anybody’s names?” commented Gelio.

As the General began turning off the system he said, “Because that will bring up more discussions that we do not have time for.”

“We are coming with you!” shouted Dyamion.  The General stopped and stared at Dyamion wondering why he was being ordered to bring everyone.  “If you trust us, then bring us with you.  Let us see who this Zeus is and what he is capable of.”

Rose and the General locked eyes and both could read each other’s thoughts. They would have to harm them to get everyone to stay. They both knew they did not want to do that.

“Fine!” yelled the General. “But you do what I say!”  He looked at Dyamion then at Igetis then at Tharros.  All nodded and then the General and Rose ran out of the room and the rest followed.

Makarios was last out of the room and as he left, he said, “We did not get to see how it ends!”

0