Chapter 2 – Warrior
50 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur wakes up in his makeshift bedroom. A pile of garbage instead of mattress, and cardboard instead of blanket. For anyone else, these are unbearable living conditions, but he doesn’t really care. The only thing that worries him is this thing. Either a book or something. He still doesn’t understand why he continues to hold this thing. He didn’t understand why he needed to listen to this woman. Except for the fact that she had a face similar to his wife. But. It doesn't matter. The important thing is that she killed someone and he could swear that he heard shots when he left. And this is a terrible sign.

Let's start with the fact that after the war he had good experience with weapons. The sounds of the gunshots were similar to the sounds of standard gunshots from a previous era. Not laser, not plasma, damn bullets. End it's mean a lot. The city in which it is located is called Faitsu. Hairongoth country cancer. Faizu is famous for crime but also for its accessibility. The city was originally a mining town where criminals were sent to work. But after the invasion of the magic creature named "Eternal Winter". People had limited access to the outside. And not just limited. So to speak. They've been stuck in this city for 20 years. And after liberation, the gangs within united to survive. This made it quite difficult to get things back the way they were. The highest magical power and the holy layers ignored one city, no great loss for Hairongoth. Although the very fact of the city’s existence is disgusting. 

The city accepts anyone, but you can't get out of here easily. So you can meet anyone here. Convicts, pedophiles, cannibals, murderers and other rabble. And Arthur was furious with all his heart. There are police here, but they literally work for the people, or rather for the people in gangs. Trying not to interfere with the big shots doing their job and not once again getting involved in other people's problems. All this was contrary to Arthur's principles. And yes, all the dirt of this city can be recognized by living here well. And Arthur did it. 

Arthur hated this place. But he does not want to return to his native country. And he's too lazy to try going to another city. Thoughts about where his life was heading came to him. But now this is not the main problem. Food is what he needs right now. One chocolate bar, half a bottle of water and cheap dry meat powder for soup. Not the best breakfast but could have been worse. While eating breakfast, Arthur thought about the book. What could be special about it? And how is he supposed to find the red-haired woman? Arthur would like to return to where that woman was, but it is dangerous for him to go there. And anyway, he doesn’t remember where it is anymore. Running away from that place at night, he did not think about remembering the way back. "Crap"

Well, Arthur needs money. Therefore, you need to follow the normal daily cycle. Arthur sat near a small stall and watched people passing by. If he's lucky, he'll have enough money for a sandwich and beer. Or chips. Or nothing at all. Arthur is not the luckiest, but he is stubborn. The day passed as usual any other. But the strange feeling in his head did not leave him. Arthur sat near a small stall and watched people passing by. If he's lucky, he'll have enough money for a sandwich and beer. Or chips. Or nothing at all. Arthur is not the luckiest, but he is stubborn. The day passed as usual any other. But the strange feeling in his head did not leave him. And he understood where this feeling came from. Book. The thing that serves as proof of last night. She seemed to exude an aura, and if that was the case, Arthur was out of luck. Before the war, he hated magicians because of patriotism. After he fell in love and lost his wife, he already hated everything related to magic. Angrily, but still, he decided to tear off the extra bandages from the book. It was a bad idea, but he needed to know what it was. The book was blue, decorated with different gems, and the most unpleasant thing. It's in a different language. Arthur has good experience with various languages. But he had no idea what language it was. He opens the book and the strange feeling in his head goes away, and many incomprehensible letters are revealed to him. Yes, it makes sense to read a book in a language you don’t even know. He flipped through the pages and saw something interesting. Warrior, or rather its constellation. 20 years ago this constellation was accepted as official. Before this, people had a constant debate about it, due to its similar structure to another constellation, the Rider. But he remembered Warrior for another reason. During the war he was featured in various advertisements and was diligently used in war propaganda. Let me explain.

In his home country, Maroon. There was a vibrant constellation culture. The reason is simple, cases have been proven that under certain constellations, certain people were born during the period when the constellation was the brightest on earth. They could become stronger if the same constellation appeared in their visibility zone. Scientists and magicians could not give a normal explanation for this, given that magic is drawn entirely from the soul. Therefore, when the masses learned about this, the horoscope became popular. And Warrior was popular, and over used by government. In advertisements and other areas, they told lies about the fact that people born during this constellation, that they have a higher chance of surviving the war and gaining glory. Of course this is a lie, but people are ready to buy anything. Especially during the period when the horoscope was popular.

Arthur himself didn’t believe it and thought it was stupid. But when his wife loved doing it he decided to give it a chance. And now he was watching the image of Warrior. Next to him there were some hand signs, and some letters that stood out from the rest of the text. Arthur watched this without seeing anything special, without realizing that he was reading letters. Was this due to lack of attention? Maybe. But without noticing it, he ignored the rest of the world while looking at the book. And he stopped only when he realized that night had fallen. "What the heck?!"

This is bad, he forgot about reality. Without even noticing, there were enough coins in the hat next to him. But unfortunately this is not an ordinary night, but a deep one. Everything is closed. "How did I manage to fuck up the whole day?" Well, he's not entirely right. While reading the book, knowledge constantly entered into him like a seed. He needs something that will allow this seed to grow. Or someone.

Wandering through the dark alleys, he looked for a place to sleep. Tired, hungry, but with money. The day went well for him. He thought. And he always knew not to say anything ahead of time. Because now he feels that this day will be the worst. A boy stood in front of him. About 19 years old, with strange eye color. Half-awakened. Crap. Arthur could bet his life that he shouldn't mess with this guy. But he is alone, in a dark alley. With a book in hand. Oh, that's why he's going to him now.

"Sir, I apologize, but I need this book." And what should he do now?

1