Chapter 67: The Petrified Hermione
563 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"M-Mr. Riddle?"

Hermione's voice was filled with tears, and she collapsed as if she had been "relaxed", as if all the bones in her body had been ripped out.

"You scared me to death!"

"Sorry, Hermione. Did you find any clues?" Cyrus said with a smile.

His white hair looked very dazzling and he had absorbed Malfoy's life force during this period, making Malfoy's face look as pale as a layer of flour, especially standing in the darkness like now, It looked like a dead corpse.

But Hermione didn't notice this. After experiencing that moment of fear, when she saw Cyrus, it was as if she saw a life-saving straw, and she kept talking: "I found out, that monster is Basilisk! you've wronged Hagrid. The Basilisk Is moving inside the pipes. We'd better get a mirror..."

Hermione desperately grabbed Cyrus's arms and spoke incoherently.

"Don't be impatient Hermione, you can speak slowly." Cyrus patted Hermione on the back to calm her down.

Hermione then explained everything she had discovered to Cyrus.

"You are really smart Hermione." Cyrus praised sincerely. Apparently, his compliments were very helpful to Hermione. The little witch sniffed her nose proudly and her tail almost went up to the sky.

but,

"But you're wrong about one thing." Cyrus let go of Hermione, took a half step back, and distanced himself from her.

He seemed to be back in the darkness all of a sudden. Although the two of them were only a few steps apart, the light from Hermione's wand separated her from Cyrus.

"Mr. Riddle?"

"I didn't wrong Hagrid, Hermione, you made a mistake."

"But Hagrid is really not——"

"Of course, he is not!" Cyrus interrupted Hermione, and the expression on his face began to feel strange to Hermione, "I said, I didn't wrongly accuse him, to be precise - I framed him. "

(P.S. Damn! WTF! )

"But why?"

"To put it simply - I am the heir of Slytherin." Cyrus smiled and explained generously, "I planned all the attacks in the past two semesters."

"How is this possible?" Hermione was shaken, her eyes sparkling with tears.

What Hermione felt at this time was pain, deception, and betrayal!

How could she believe that "Mr. Riddle", who she had been with for so long, who had stolen Snape's potion ingredients together, and who tutored her, was actually the one they had been looking for?

He even——

Even took a shower with myself!

"But why? You are also from the Muggle world. Do you think of us as Mudbloods like Malfoy?" Hermione asked painfully. This time she felt this more than when she was insulted by Malfoy before.

The words carry her pain.

"No, I never thought so, but in order to be resurrected, there must be some sacrifice. This is a lesson. I think next time, you should know that you should not easily believe in a thing that can think." Cyrus was calm as he said that.

"Okay, it's time for you to go get some sleep, Hermione. But don't worry, I won't kill you."

It was almost like he was putting a child to sleep.

Hermione seemed to realize something. She heard the sound of steel scraping the ground behind her.

The sound was so harsh that she wondered why she hadn't heard it just now. But now, she could only close her eyes desperately and slam into Cyrus.

Cyrus did not block her way and allowed Hermione to struggle. Sometimes she opened her eyes to determine the position of herself and the basilisk, but most of the time she kept her eyes closed, avoiding the basilisk's dim sight like the sunset.

The angry basilisk saw its prey moving and sped up. Its steel-like scales quickly streaked across the ground, bursting into bright sparks. The twisting body knocked down rows of bookshelves, chasing Hermione's escape direction.

Filled with fear, Hermione kept throwing spells behind her like crazy. She knew a lot of spells, some of which were taught to her by Cyrus!

Thinking of this, Hermione's heart was filled with sadness and irony.

But now, She still has to protect herself first.

She clutched the note tightly in one hand and threw the spell behind her as she ran.

"Avis!"

"Vipera Evanesca!"

" Bewitched Sleep!"

"Glacius!"

The spells that flew from Hermione's wand shimmered like bright fireworks on a summer night.

However, these spells had almost no effect on the Basilisk.

The colorful green scales blocked these spells like iron armor, and even failed to slow down the progress of the Basilisk.

Even the freezing spell, which was enough to cool down the salamander, failed to hinder the basilisk.

The Basilisk is much faster than Hermione, but Hermione is like a nimble little mouse scurrying between the dense bookshelves. In the small space, the huge size of the basilisk becomes a kind of inconvenient.

But Cyrus was patient.

He watched the basilisk push Hermione to a dead end step by step, saw Hermione crawling into the gap of the collapsed bookshelf in fear, and watched the basilisk violently use its tail to smash the obstacles in front of him...

Now, Hermione finally rushed to the library door. As long as she pushed the door open, she could escape from here.

Maybe there are still people in the corridor, and maybe those people can help her, if not, at least they can expose Malfoy, no, expose Riddle's ambition. However, when she tried hard to push the door open with both hands, she found that the library door was motionless as if it had been welded shut.

" Alohomora!"

" Alohomora!"

She jumped so anxiously that her voice was distorted, and she poked the door lock with her wand desperately, but the door remained motionless.

"It's useless. I cast the counter-curse long ago." Cyrus slowly approached her. At this time, Hermione could already feel the huge monster approaching behind her. It slowed down and its body was thicker than her waist. Blocking the last escape route.

Hermione could only turn her head, her back pressed against the wall, and her upper and lower eyelids seemed to be glued together.

She even forgot how to breathe in that moment.

The stinking and cold breath of the basilisk slapped her cheek.

"Is there nothing you can do?" Cyrus said jokingly. He picked up the wand and gently touched it with two fingers -

Hermione felt like her body was out of control, as if many arms had grabbed her, violently breaking her joints, and opening her eyelids...

In his sight, the shadow of the basilisk was like an undulating mountain peak.

"You're a bit disappointing to me, Hermione." Cyrus couldn't help but remind him, "Remember what I taught you to block the basilisk's sight?"

Hermione tried her best to cast a head soaking charm on herself at the last moment.

Then her eyelids were completely opened by Cyrus with magic, and the eyes of the big snake in the darkness struck straight into Hermione's soul.

The blisters burst!

The stiff Hermione fell down like a piece of iron.

The basilisk wanted to continue attacking. It wanted to tear the person in front of it into pieces, but Cyrus stopped it. This huge monster could only obey under the magic of the snake language.

The evil expression on Cyrus's face disappeared. He now looked stiff. He walked to Hermione's side without saying a word and changed her into a position that looked more comfortable. Of course, she actually couldn't feel it.

Then, he raised his wand and fired a spark in the direction of the forbidden book area.

The library alarm was triggered.

_____

15 Advance Chapters- http://Patreon.com/HornyFBI

34