Chapter 5: Let’s go die
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5

this is a fictional story by realTensai

Alvis put his phone back in his pocket after he had finished his call.

Good!

He let out a sigh of relief. Everything worked out so far. Alvis was not sure if his plan would work, but at least the call went well. Now he only had to wait for them to arrive.

Alvis chose his words carefully when he talked to them. He had to make sure they believed him and didn’t think it was a child’s joke.

He mentioned that some stranger invaded their home and that he would need help. To his luck, the police didn’t ask more questions and took it seriously. They were already on their way.

Now Alvis only had to wait.

He walked to his neighborhood, yet not to his home. Alvis would wait somewhere near where he could see everything. With his own eyes, he wanted to see how the police got rid of the assassin.

Just like the first time, Alvis’ inwards twisted as soon as he got near his house. Knowing the cause now, the malice the assassin radiated was hard to ignore.

He is there!

However, Alvis’ IQ would’ve had to drop to zero if he were to enter his home now.

I won’t walk straight into his arms.

He searched for a good place to hide, and after he had found it, he just waited. And it did not take long for the police to arrive.

Ten men armed with beam guns walked towards his home. They were all human, though this was not something that worried him because they had beam guns. Ten human men with beam guns against one vampire at least sounded like a fair match.

Cautiously, they walked through the neighborhood, even attracting the glances of strangers. But that did not matter to them, as they took their mission seriously.

A smile formed on Alvis’ face as he saw competent police officers dealing with his problem. Everybody knew the police were corrupt and had some ill people within their ranks. This was also the reason the police were his last resort and not his first option. Yet those who came to his help at least looked as if they were capable.

I guess I am lucky.

After they had coordinated, they stormed into Alvis’ home.

Even though Alvis himself didn’t enter, his heart beat faster than it was healthy. Sweat formed all over his body, which caused his heart to pound even stronger. He was as silent as a human could possibly be, though his shaking legs exposed him, the sound of his knees hitting each other probably resounding throughout the neighborhood.

Alvis couldn’t see the police anymore after they had entered, which led to him wondering what would happen. It was uncertain if they could beat the assassin. Even though it was ten of them, the assassin was a vampire. Alvis remembered his fight against the assassin and how he survived, even though Alvis burned him down. Because he was a vampire, he had regeneration abilities. Also, his speed was incredible. One thing was sure, it would be a hard fight for the police officers.

But Alvis’ life depended on the outcome of this battle. If the police would fail now, Alvis would die. And Alvis would have to do everything all over again.

Though Alvis’ face tensed as he thought about dying again.

Alvis pondered over all these thoughts, only to realize it was already finished. The police came out of his house.

What? So fast!

One after the other, they walked out. They were still ten men and looked unscathed to boast.

But how could that be?

Alvis also didn’t see the assassin with them. If they would’ve had dealt with him, they would have to at least arrest him. But he was nowhere to be seen.

A spine-tingling chill seized Alvis as he realized the seriousness of this situation.

They did not succeed!

His mind went blank, his body unable to move. If the police couldn’t deal with the assassin, this would mean he would have to fight him on his own again!

However, before the police left the neighborhood, Alvis’ body moved on its own. He suppressed his fears and doubts and went to them. It was the most rational thing to do. If he did not talk to them, there was no way for him to find out what had happened.

“Hey, what happened in there? Did you find someone?”

The police officers turned around facing him. Upon seeing Alvis. their eyes flickered with recognition, quickly followed by a subtle tightening of their brows and a slight curl of their lips. Their shoulders tensed imperceptibly, and a flash of repulsion crossed their features, fleeting but undeniable. A moment later, they composed themselves, forcing neutral expressions, yet the residual traces of disdain lingered in their narrowed eyes and the barely perceptible sneer on their lips.

All because of my white hair.

“Are you the one who called us? We did not find anything in there. It was a false alarm.”

Alvis’ eyes widened.

“This can’t be! He has to be in there! I know it!”

His words slipped out, fueled by frustration and fear, but a pang of regret sliced through Alvis immediately.

“Hey, watch your mouth, you demon! We just went in there and found nothing. Or do you think all of us can’t see anymore? I said it was a false alarm! And if you try to fool us, we can take you with us to the station.”

A wave of despondency crashed over him as he realized the officers wouldn’t lend credence to his words. His chest tightened, breath catching in his throat as a knot of anguish twisted within him. He averted his gaze, biting his lip to stifle the barrage of futile arguments he longed to voice, yet he held back, recognizing the pointlessness of it all.

Shit!

The police left, and one last time, he glanced at them. However, what he saw shattered his heart.

They laughed! Alvis could see the police laughing!

He shook his head, trying to deny it, yet his brain didn’t let him run away from reality.

These bastards!

Alvis could feel his face tensing up. He clenched his fist while dark thoughts flooded him.

I knew it. I knew it; I knew it; I knew it.

The sense of betrayal overwhelmed Alvis. He couldn’t shake the suspicion that they might have encountered the assassin inside but turned a blind eye. He even contemplated the unthinkable—collusion between law enforcement and the very threat he sought protection from!

For a certain time, Alvis just stood there, unable to move or say anything.

Once again, his bad habit took over.

He was sure that the assassin was waiting for him in his house. Yet the police did nothing. That meant he had to deal with the assassin on his own. But Alvis knew he was not strong enough to defeat him. If he would enter his home now, he would die. There was no doubt about it. Just like last time, he would die a miserable death.

However, he could not wait forever too. Already quite some time passed since he parted ways with his parents and Alvis was sure they would come soon. Alvis didn't even want to consider what might happen to them. He could not see his parents die twice.

It was with the vision of his parents’ corpses haunting him that he made his decision.

I am going in!

He knew the assassin was waiting for him. He knew it was his certain death.

Yet he would do it, anyway.

Alvis didn’t care anymore.

He knew he would come back stronger after death and as long as he was the only one who died; it did not matter to him.

He would die as many times as necessary to defeat the assassin!

A creepy smile formed on Alvis’ face as he suppressed all his fears.

Then let’s go die.

0