3: Sleeping with Mother-In-Law
1.2k 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miyako was sitting on the chair in front of her were three robots. She put instructions, and this robot started moving.

Miyako's work was very simple. All she had to do was come here daily and put instructions in the robot so the robot would do all the work, from cleaning to making food. They also do some excel sheet work.

These types of robots were first-generation robots; today, they are in a time of third-generation robots. Third-generation robots didn't have to put instructions; they work automatically without human monitoring.

It's only because third-generation robots were costly that the owner of this place didn't buy them. Otherwise, Miyako would have lost her job. Even second-generation robots were enough to close her job.

She always prayed that the owner of this place wouldn't buy second or third-generation robots. She sat and looked at robots working on their own. She felt bored, so she took her phone out and scrolled social media.

All she could see was a profile of AI that people made. Out of millions, only one human reel or post appears. Miyako also thought of uploading her photo.

Miyako might not be beautiful, but she knew some people would like her beauty, she was not slim but still had good figure with ample breast, but AI snatched that opportunity. AI could make whatever woman's appearance a man wants, so there is no market for women anymore.

After some hours, Miyako job complete. She walked out on street and didn't see cars, bikes, or anything. It's only streets where people and AI robots are walking.

Cars, bikes, buses, and all vehicles are banned.

Miyako walked back to her house, it was just a few minutes away; when she opened her door and stepped into the room, she saw Ruian cooking something.

Seeing it, she was surprised, "Ruian... You don't have to do cooking, let me do it."

Miyako took off the coat she had on her body and walked towards Ruian.

"Let me do it to distract my mind from my wife's death," Ruian said, and he continued to stir the pan.

Miyako didn't say much and began to help him. She looked at Ruian and how focused he was on cooking. She turned her face and took out plates she never used before.

After her three daughters left, she never used plates; she ate food directly from the pot or pan. She took out plates and set them on the floor. Although the space was small, it was enough for them to sit and eat.

After setting the plates, she helped him cook, and they talked randomly and ate their food.

"Do you want to watch something?" Miyako asked.

"Okay whatever you think is good," Ruian nodded.

"Let's watch some comedy," Miyako said, and she opened her smartphone and put on a comedy video.

They eat as they watch. Although the jokes and everything were funny, which didn't make them laugh, they felt lighter.

After that, Ruian and Miyako washed the plates; now, it was a crucial question.

"Ruian, we will sleep in the same bed; we stick together, then it's enough for us," Miyako said. She felt embarrassed, but she wasn't going to let him sleep on the floor, and she knew that no matter what happened, Ruian wouldn't let her sleep on the floor. So let's sleep in bed together.

"Are you sure?" Ruian asked. He also knows that Miyako won't let him sleep on the floor, and it is the same case for him.

However, Ruian was a young man. He was 22, married at 18, and had a daughter in the same year; he was now 22.

"It's okay, I'm okay, let's sleep; I have to go out tomorrow early," Miyako said, and she lay on the bed. Usually, she sleeps without clothes, but she can't do that from now on. She had a t-shirt and leggings and put a blanket over her body.

Ruian didn't hesitate and moved closer to Miyako, feeling their body's touch and warmth. Despite the awkwardness, they both could handle it.

They slept after turning off the lights.

19