Paimon Leaves The Starting Town
525 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Paimon and Party arrive back in town, covered in slime, except for Teina, Albuis and Nemuri.

Demai cries. "It smells so bad!"

Paimon shivers. "I saw what the inside of a Giant Toad... Never.... again." Her Daedream pats her back, avoiding the slime.

Rein wipes some slim off his face and flicks it to the side. "None of that went to plan."

"There was more than we thought..." Julian has a dead look in his eyes. "There... were so... many..."

Teina sighs. "Maybe if you all paid attention, you all wouldn't be covered in slime." Nemuri nods in agreement.

Albuis grunts and slams his fists together.

"Yes, we know you're strong." Paimon grumbles. "But some of us don't have your strength!"

Everyone deadpans as they stare at her, even Nemuri. 

Julian points at Paimon. "We saw you use a massive boulder to kill a spider once."

Everyone thinks back to see Paimon holding a boulder that's a good ten times her size, and throws it at a tiny spider on the ground.

"Spiders are icky, okay!" Paimon shouts as she flails her arms.

"Spiders are icky, okay!" Paimon shouts as she flails her arms

"Still, you are easily the strongest one here." Demai states as she flicks some slime onto the ground.

Paimon puts her hands on her hips. "And don't forget it!"

"Can we please go get cleaned?" Rein asks.

"Yeah, Paimon wants a bath, so lets go!"

Julian glances around. "Wait, where's Teina?"

Everyone glances around for their mysterious teammate.

"Who cares!" Paimon yells and floats towards the Inn. "Paimon wants a bath! So let's gooooo Alreaddddyyyyy~"

Everyone sighs as they follow the flying child.

'It's been about two weeks since Paimon met these guys and joined their party. It's been a really fun two weeks.' Paimon puts a hand on her chin. 'Now that Paimon thinks about it, it's been a month since I came to this world. Wow... time flies. I haven't had any strange dreams since that one right after I met Nemuri, which makes me thing she's the one that did it.'

Paimon glances at the flying creature next to her.

'Though Nemuri is really strange, it's like she knows stuff about Paimon that Paimon doesn't know... Eugh, this makes Paimon's head hurt. I'm starting to think that there's more to this body that Paimon doesn't know about... Maybe I wasn't reborn, but transmigrated into a body and took it over...' 

Paimon sighs. 'All this thinking is making Paimon hungry.' She glances at her party. 'Well, in the two weeks we've been together, we've been taking up to three quests everyday, without a break. We've been saving up our money for emergencies.' She smiles. 'Paimon's kinda became the piggy bank, but everyone does have some funds on themselves.'

Paimon glances back ahead and spots the Inn, with travelers moving in and out of it.

'Though, I'm worried, rumors say that was has started between Yanna and Elhe Belanore, if that's true, the Vophate Dynasty may be called to help Elhe Belanore, their long time ally. And when war breaks out Adventurers are called to help the kingdom they're in, they really can't say no either.'

Paimon sighs. 'Why can't stuff ever be easy?' She turns to her party. "I'm heading into the bathhouse."

Julian nods. "We're gonna drop off our gear, then take a bath."

"Okay~"

Nemuri gives a smile with a happy cry as she heads into the Inn. Paimon heads into the bathhouse while everyone else goes into the Inn.

Paimon heads into the ladies area and sees Felin, the Goblin. Felin notices Paimon and greets her.

"Hi, Paimon." Felin waves a hand in front of her nose. "Wew, you smell bad, and that's coming from a goblin." She laughs.

Paimon stares at the stacked short-stack. "Paimon doesn't find that funny." She starts taking off her clothes.

"Sorry, sorry." The goblin runs the back of her head. "So what kind of trouble did you all get into today."

"For starters, we had to hunt down a pack of five Greater Wolves, wasn't much of a big deal, but Albuis did destroy two of the wolves, so we couldn't get the pelts to sell." Paimon gets her clothes off and hands them to Felin. "Then we had to go into a small cave to hunt some goblins, but Rein and Albuis couldn't fit in so they had to stay outside."

Paimon then titters. "Then at the end of the cave we found the goblins, but Paimon shot off a spell which lit a bunch of flammable material... Paimon almost got burned alive today... Then on our way back here, we had to find three Giant Toads that have been attacking travelers on the road. But when we found them, it wasn't just three of them, there were six!"

Paimon growls angry and stomps lightly. "Paimon got distracted and nearly got eaten!"

Felin gives a look of pity. "You guys need a break, it can't be healthy to be going on so many quests so often."

"We want to get a stock pile of coins, just in case of an emergency."

"Still, take a break, it won't hurt." 

Paimon sighs. "Paimon guesses you're right... That does sound really nice, lots of sleep and food! Hehehe!"

Felin gives Paimon a weird look. "I'm... I'm gonna go wash your clothes." She walks into a side room.

Paimon heads to the baths and she rinses all the slime off her, before going into the spring.

Paimon lets out a happy sigh as she leans back on the rocks behind her. She smiles and plays with a little strand of her hair. Then she looks down at her practically flat chest and stares at the scar over her heart.

Paimon rubs a couple fingers on the scar, which causes her to shiver. "Weird."

"What's weird?" A voice calls out.

Paimon looks back to see Demai, naked, entering the bath.

"N-Nothing!" Paimon glances away with a blush. 'Paimon still has her man instincts... Must't look!'

Demai steps into the bath and sits down, letting the water cover her slightly curvy body and small chest

Demai steps into the bath and sits down, letting the water cover her slightly curvy body and small chest.

"Ahhh~" Demai sighs in relief as her cat ears droop. "So nice." she looks at the blushing Paimon. "Miss Paimon, are you alright?"

"YUP!" Paimon shouts as she dips deeper into the water.

The two girls sit in silence for a few moments.

"Paimon thinks we should take a break for the next couple days." Says Paimon.

"Hmm?" Demai glances at her. "That does sound like a good idea, we've done nothing but work for two weeks straight, a nice couple day breaks seems good. I'll bring it up with Julian."

Paimon nods. "Paimon's sleep for an entire day, then eats as much food as a dragon can!"

Demai chuckles. "You sure like to sleep and eat."

"Food and sleep are life!"

Demai lets out a loud laugh. "You are funny, Miss Paimon."

Paimon narrows her eyes at Demai. "Are you making fun of Paimon."

Demai shakes her head. "I would never try to anger a Fae. That's a death wish."

Paimon crosses her arms. "That's what I thought."

Inside the Adventurers Guild up in Lillian's office, she is sitting at her desk. Kedrern is sitting in front of her desk.

"You want me to head to Greendale?" Kedrern asks with confusion. "I wasn't planning to leave for another month, Lillian."

"You're the only one I can trust with this, Kedrern." Lillian hands a letter with a red seal on it. "I need you to pick up another letter from Duke Numbred, and bring them to Vophite."

"The Capital?!" Kedrern shouts. "That's on the other side of the region, it'll take a month and a half, maybe two to get there if you want me to make these stops! I've only been home for a month!"

Lillian grows a cold look. "I'm not asking you to do this, I'm telling you."

"Why?"

"War has broken out, Kedrern. Yanna and Elhe Belanore are now at war, and the king has grown ill." The Guild Master hands the letter to Kedrern. "This is a letter from him, which is for Princess Westria eyes only. And the letter you're getting from Duke Numbred contains troop numbers, movements and other precious intel about Yanna."

Kedrern grabs the letter and looks at seal, which is two swords in front of a tree. He sighs and puts the letter in his coat. "I've got some cargo that needs to head out in that direction anyway. Is that all Guild Master?"

"I want you to bring Julian and his party as escorts."

Kedrern raises an eyebrow. "The party Miss Paimon's in? What's this about, Lillian."

"That's enough questions, Kedrern. I gave you an order, and you will fulfill it."

Kedrern glares at the Elf. "Yes, Guild Master, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning."

Lillian nods. "Good. Now you should go get ready, you've got a long trip ahead of you." She turns her chair around and looks out the window.

Kedrern huffs and the old man stands up and heads for the door.

"And Kedrern." Lillian looks back to him as he glances at her. "Please be safe, I'd hate to lose another friend."

Kedrern smiles. "I'll be safe, I'll have six strong adventurers with me. They may be E rank, but they fight like their B ranks."

Lillian nods. "Maybe when they get to Greendale they'll get a rank up, who knows."

"Yeah, who knows."

.

.

The party is standing at the Guild Reception desk, and they're talking to Fern. Teina has returned and is all clean.

"Here's your rewards!" Fern hands Julian a large pouch of Silver and Copper coins. "Thank you for your hard work!"

Julian sighs tiredly. "Yeah, we're finally gonna be taking a couple day break."

Nemuri gives a happy cry.

Fern grows a nervous look. "Um... About that."

The party all groans, minus Albuis and Teina. Though Albuis looks sad. Nemuri lets out a sigh and droops.

"What is it, Miss Fern?" Demai asks.

Fern holds out a paper to her. "There a request from the Guild Master to escort Merchant Kedrern to the town of Greendale, then to Vophite."

"All the way to Vophite?!" Rein shouts. "That's a really long way! The other side of the region!"

"I know, but she personally asked for you six, but the pay is really good. 12 gold coins upon completion." 

Everyone's jaw drops. "12!"

"We could afford so much stuff!" Rein laughs. 

"Yeah, we could finally get stronger gear!" Julian points out.

"We have to take this now!" Demai states.

"Paimon says we take it! Take it now!" Paimon yells, Nemuri gives a cry of agreement.

Albuis smiles as he puts a hand on his chin.

"When do we leave?" Teina asks.

"Tomorrow at sunrise!"

Everyone's jaw drops.

"THAT EARLY!" Everyone shouts, except Teina and Albuis.

Fern nervously chuckles as they all lean towards her. "Please don't yell."

.

.

.

Morning Swiftly comes and the party helps Kedrern place some wooden crates into the back of an enclosed carriage. Nemuri sets a small box into the carriage and gives a happy cry.

Kirlen, Felin and Falin arrive at the carriage. Paimon sets a sack, that's twice her size, into the back of the carriage.

Paimon notices the three. 'Paimon doesn't see Talin, he must be cleaning up the bathhouse. '

Falin runs up to Paimon, who hops onto the ground. "Miss Paimon, Miss Paimon! I heard you were going all the way to the Capital!"

Paimon laughs. "Paimon is, and she's going with her party."

Falin then shoves a blue gem into Paimon's face. "I made a Sapphire hairclip for you! So you'd have something to remember me by!"

Paimon grabs the clip and places it on the right side of her head. "Thank you, Falin, it's very pretty."

Falin grows a large smile and looks back to her mother. "Mom, she liked it!"

Felin walks up. "That's nice sweat heart, now, why don't you go say goodbye to everyone else?"

"Okay~" Falin runs off.

Felin smiles at Paimon. "Thanks for everything Paimon, you really have helped this town a lot in the month you've been here."

Paimon rubs the back of her head. "I really didn't do much..."

"You saved my daughter, you've provided a lot of high quality Awione so our Healing Potions are better, and you've also given a lot of money to Kirlen."

Kirlen runs up and hugs Paimon tightly, as he cries. "Waaaah! I'm gonna miss you, Miss Paimon! WAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!" Kirlen loudly bawls.

Paimon awkwardly just remains still in Kirlen's grip. "Um, Kirlen, you're causing a scene."

"I don't care, you were my best customer and a great friend!"

"You know Paimon's gonna come back sometime right?" Paimon asks.

Kirlen sets Paimon on the ground and wipes his tears away. "Yeah, I guess you're right. But you better come back within the next fifty years."

Paimon blinks a couple times. "I think I'll be able to come quicker than that."

"If you can, that's great!"

"Paimon." Julian calls out. "This is the last of the stuff, so get on." He sets a sack in the back of the carriage and climbs in.

Paimon brings Kirlen into a tight hug, a few cracks are heard. "But don't worry, Paimon will be safe and miss you as well."

"Greeeaattt..." Kirlen says in a strained voice.

Paimon lets go of Kirlen, and he crumbles to the ground and holds his back.

Paimon goes over to Felin, but she steps back and holds her hands up.

"Um... I'll miss you two, Paimon, but you better get on so they don't leave without you!" Felin says.

Paimon just shrugs her shoulders. "Okay."

Paimon and the party climbs into the back as Kedrern snaps his rings and Bneli pulls the carriage.

Felin and Falin wave to the party as they leave, and Kirlen climbs off the ground as he holds his back.

'Here we go, the start of a real adventure!' Paimon says in thought with excitement. 'Paimon just hops that this won't get crazy...'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

In a dark room a crystal ball shines on a table. A feminine chuckle is heard as a mature voice speaks.

"The cogs are turning and the machine is in motion. I've been lacking excitement for nearly a thousand years... So this should be fun to watch. Varhmiel."

A pair of golden eyes shine in the darkness. "Yes, Mistress?"

"Go and see the Duke of Greendale, we shall start there. And do make sure he cooperates by any means necessary."

"Yes, mistress." Two sets of golden wings sprout from the figure in the background, before disappearing. 

Dark Blue eyes stare down at the crystal ball, which shows two images, one of Smaug and One of a golden dragon.

A dangerous smirk appears on her face.

"Yanna was just a start... I've waited many thousands of years for this. Oh, how exciting. Do be ready love, I might need you."

A pair of purple eyes shine in the background as purple lighting charges off their form.

Aslely Arc Done

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-21-2024

2431 words

26