Paimon’s New Adventure
442 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A carriage us pulled down a dirt road surrounded by trees, a crow flies high above and caws as it flies down into the forest.

"UUUGGGHH!" A child-like voice shouts. "Paimon's bored!!!!"

Inside the back of the enclosed carriage is a party of six.

"We've only been on the road for a couple hours." Julian, the party leader, states.

Julian is a man of average height with golden hair and blue eyes. He's wearing simple leather armor over his chest and arms, with chain-mail underneath. He has steel boot and knee-pad armor. He has a sword on his back, with a short sword on his hip.

Paimon crosses her arms, she's sitting on Teina's lap since everything cramped in the back. "Paimon's never been on a trip this long before!" She rubs the Great Wolf tooth bracket on her right wrist.

"Paimon's never been on a trip this long before!" She rubs the Great Wolf tooth bracket on her right wrist

"We've still got a few more hours before we stop and make camp." Demai informs as she has a blush on here face, since she is sitting on Julian's lap.

Demai is a shorter girl with white hair, white furred car ears and tail. She wears a white robe with a short sword and dagger on her hips.

"I never like long travels too." Rein starts. "Why must everything be so far apart?"

Rein is a tall man with blue plate armor, that doesn't cover his arms. He has short red hair with fiery red eyes. He has a simple spear on his back.

Albuis nods as his arms are crossed.

Albuis is a very, very tall man. He has dark skin. A shinny bald head and brown eyes. He has a large wooden shield and simple large club. He wears large metal armor that covers his chest, wrist, knees and feel. But what's not covered is just pure muscle.

"The world is large, so travel is going to be long." Teina says in a quiet tone.

Teina is a mysterious figure that wears a large furry black cloak with the hood up, hiding their face. But a tanned chin can be seen. They have a bow and quiver on their back, with a dagger on their waist, seemingly no armor.

Nemuri floats at the entrance to the carriage.

Nemuri floats at the entrance to the carriage

Paimon lets out an annoyed cry. "Make it go faster!"

Julian sighs, then thinks for a few seconds. "Well, why don't we get to know each other better? I mean, we've all known each other for nearly a month except you, Miss Paimon, but all all hardly know each other."

Rein sighs. "I guess it's better then just sitting in silence and listening to Paimon being annoying."

"Hey!" Paimon yells.

"Well, for starters, I'm 24 years old, and in two months I'll be 25. I'm from the Stokya Empire, I come from a line of Knights that serve the Empire's royal family."

"Woah, does that mean you're a noble?" Demai asks.

Rein sighs. "Yeah, my father is Marquis Grave Ashume."

Julian's eyes shine. "You're an Ashume? I heard they were really powerful knights!"

Rein nods. "I'm Rein Ashume, but I didn't want to follow in my family's footsteps, I wanted to live a life for myself, not the royal family. So I left and traveled all to Elhe Belanore, where I met you four." He points to Albuis, Teina, Demai and Julian.

Julian clears his throat. "I'm just turned 19 last month, just before we arrived in Aslely."

"And you didn't tell us, we could've celebrated!" Says Rein.

"We had no money and no food at the time, how would we have partied?"

Rein scratches his cheek. "Oh, right..."

"I just come from a simple family of farmers just outside the Capital of Elhe Belanore, Beline. I also didn't want to follow in my family's footsteps and became an adventurer."

Demai rubs one of her cats ears. "I'm 18 and my family runs a guild in Reinheart, which is a days walk from Beline. My family has come from a long line of people who want to help those less fortunate and keep order."

'You come from a long line of Assassins.' Paimon says in thought. 'Paimon wonders if Templars are a thing here... that would be kind of scary.'

Rein glances at Albuis. "You come from the Badlands right, Albuis?"

Albuis nods. "The mountains." He has a deep tone. "I'm 23."

Paimon grows confused. "Paimon wants to know what are the Badlands?"

Julian speaks up. "The badlands is a large area that kinda separates the East and West sides of the continent. The Badlands have massive rocky mountains and a large dry desert. It's very inhospitable, so few call it there home."

Paimon looks at Albuis in shock. 'He's a monster!'

"What about you Miss Paimon, did you live in the Spirit forest before coming to Alsely?"

Paimon shakes her head. "Paimon was born just nearly a couple weeks before meeting you all, she just pops out of a tree one day. Then she found Mr. Kedrern and he brought Paimon to Alsely."

"So you are a child." Rein states.

Paimon grows angry. "Paimon's not a child!!"

Nemuri lets out a happy cry, and Paimon looks at the creature in betrayal

Nemuri lets out a happy cry, and Paimon looks at the creature in betrayal.

"You're supposed to be on Paimon's side!" Paimon shouts, and the Daedream gives her a closed eye smile.

"Must be hard not knowing who your family is and not being able to see others of your kind." Demai says in sadness.

Paimon shrugs her shoulders. "Paimon doesn't feel sad, she's just happy that she has money to eat."

Everyone sweat drops.

Julian turns to Teina. "What about you Teina? Where do you come from?"

Teina just looks away, but Paimon feels her hands slightly clench onto the sides of Paimon.

"I... I don't want to talk about it..." Teina whispers.

"Hey, it's fine." Julian smiles. "We can talk about it when you're comfortable to."

Teina just remains silent as she holds onto Paimon.

'Teina has been nothing but a Mystery since Paimon met her.' Paimon closes her eyes. 'What is she hiding?'

The carriage stops and Kedrern's voice is heard. "We're stopping her, so let's set up camp."

"Hmm?" Everyone looks outside and sees the setting sun.

"Wow, that went by fast." Demai says.

Julian hops out of the carriage. "Come on, guys, let's help set up camp."

"Right." Everyone agrees.

Everyone hops out and starts setting up camp.

A couple hours later smoke rises into the night sky as everyone eating some stew. Paimon holds out a spoonful and Nemuri takes a bite and lets out a happy cry.

Paimon smiles and grabs another spoonful and takes a bite. "Sooo gooood~"

Paimon looks around and sees everyone eating, Julian and Demai are chatting and laughing. Rein is elbowing Albuis in the side with a smirk. Kedrern is stirring up the stew before pouring some into a bowl, and sitting down and starts eating.

Paimon then spots Teina a little ways from the party, sitting in the shadows eating her stew.

Paimon watches Teina's back as Paimon feeds herself and Nemuri.

'Paimon will find out why you are... antisocial...' Paimon says in thought.

Nemuri pats Paimon on the head, and she looks to the creature. Nemuri points to her mouth and Paimon chuckles.

"You have a bottomless stomach like, Paimon." Paimon feeds Nemuri.

.

.

.

"How much longer?" Paimon complains as the carriage is on the move again.

The mid-day sun shines down onto the enclosed carriage. The party are in the same positions as before.

"We'll arrive tomorrow morning in Fumel, then it's another four days until Greendale." Rein informs.

Paimon lets out a loud annoyed whine and Rein rubs his temples.

"Why can't anything be exciting." Paimon questions.

The carriage stops suddenly and someone yells.

"You all in the back, come out now!" An authoritative voice shouts.

Everyone deadpans as they stare at Paimon.

"This is not Paimon's fault." Paimon states and Nemuri sighs.

Everyone climbs out of the carriage to find themselves surrounded by what looks like bandits. Kedrern is a little off to the side with his hands up as several people point swords at his back.

Everyone brings their hands up as swords are pointed at them.

"Well, well, looks like we got a good catch today." A bandit smirks.

"What kind of beast is that." A bandit points at Nemuri, who floats next to paimon.

"Hehe, that child might sell for something real nice."

"Paimon's not a child!" Paimon shouts.

Paimon drops to the ground and stops her feet in anger

Paimon drops to the ground and stops her feet in anger.

A bandit wearing plate armor, steps up to Kedrern. "You have something I want, old-man, why not just hand it over and I'll let you go, unscathed."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Kedrern states.

The leader slams his fist into the side of Kedrern's head, sending the old-man to the ground.

"Hey!" Julian shouts as he goes to step forward, but several swords are pointed at his neck.

Albuis cracks his knuckles as he lets out a grunt.

Paimon glares at the bandit leader, but then she notices something. Demai isn't with them, Paimon doesn't see her at all. Paimon glances at Julian, and he winks at her.

Kedrern stands up, while a bruise forms on this left cheek. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You have a letter, and I want it, where is it?" The Leader points a finger on Kedrern's chest.

'How does he know about the letter?' Kedrern questions as he looks at the party. 'I know they don't know anything. That means Lillian has a mole in her group.'

The Leader brings a sword out and points it towards Paimon. "Give me the letter, or I'll kill the child."

"PAIMON'S NOT A CHILD!" Paimon yells as veins bulge on her head.

"Where's the letter, old man." The Leader asks again.

Kedrern glares at him. "You're not getting it."

The Leader just smirks, but then a figure appears behind him.

"You're not hurting anyone." Demai stabs the Leader in the throat with her hidden Blade.

"Jeremy!" A bandit shouts.

"Kill them all!" Another Bandit shouts.

Nemuri lets out a cry as a purple slug flies from its hand, and smacks a bandit in the face. The bandit coughs and screams as he clenches at his throat. Purple liquid falls from his eyes and mouth as he falls to the ground.

Albuis charges forward as he brings his hands up and then down onto a couple bandits. Julian swiftly takes out his sword and charges towards a bandit, who's in shock, and stabs him in the stomach.

Teina swiftly takes out her bow as she grabs an arrow and pulls it back. "Multi-arrow." Two glowing arrows appear on the string, and she lets them fly.

The three arrows find their marks in different bandits necks, killing them.

"Arcane Slash!" Rein swings his spear towards a Bandit and a slash flings the enemy into a tree.

Kedrern swiftly turns around and holds his hand out to the three bandits behind him and blue lightning flies out from his hand. The three bandits yell in pain as they get shocked.

A Bandit charges towards Paimon and she back-steps a sword attack. Then she swiftly swings her hand up in an arc and sends out a golden Crescent Slash, slicing the bandit in two.

Paimon stares at the bandit's corpse, as his lifeless eyes stare right back at her. 'I killed someone... I don't feel remorse or sadness though...' Paimon looks at her hands. 'All I feel is pleasure... pleasure of taking someone's life...'

Paimon gets taken out of her thoughts.

"I think that's all of them." Demai wipes her hidden blade.

Julian cleans his blade and puts it back. "Yeah..." He looks around at all the dead bodies before bending over and expelling the contents of his stomach.

Demai walks over to Julian and pats his back. Teina pulls her dagger out the neck of a bandit and wipes it clean. She then notices some blood on her cloak and grumbles.

Albuis cracks his neck as he chuckles.

Rein sighs as he puts his spear onto his back. "The hell was all that about?" he glances at the old-man. "What letter was he talking about, Oldman?"

Kedrern heads for his horse and pets Bneli. "It's classified."

"Hey, we were attacked because of it!" Rein shouts. "We deserve to know!"

Kedrern sighs as pats Bneli before climbing into the driving seat. "it's information about the war, that's all I can say."

Rein grumbles and turns to his party. "Hey, lets loot these guys, see if they have anything we can use."

Julian wipes his mouth after he spits onto the ground a couple times. "Yeah, let's hurry up, in case anymore are nearby."

A loud roar echoes in the distance.

"Double time people!" Demai shouts. "I'd rather not be around when that dragon gets here."

The party loots the bodies, getting 53 silver, 68 copper and a couple low grade healing potions, before swiftly climbing into the back and Kedrern snaps the reins. Bneli takes off as fast as she can.

.

.

The moon shines down onto the group as they sit around a camp fire.

Rein sighs as he lays down and looks up to the stars. "Today was definitely not boring."

Nemuri gives a cry of agreement.

Julian stares at the fire. "Yeah... it was."

"You okay?" Demai asks in worry.

Julian remains silents for a few moments. "I think so... Just thinking, I've just never killed someone before. I didn't like the feeling."

Albuis nods with Julian.

"Killing is never easy, kid." Rein states as his red eyes stare up to the stars. "I hope you never get used to it, but with war going on, you might have to do it again."

Julian just stares at the fire.

"The world's not a good place, Mr. Julian." Kedrern informs as he reads a book. "There's always someone wanting to kill you." He stands up and stirs the soup that's cooking.

Paimon looks around and notices that they're missing a member. "Where's Teina?"

"They're bathing in a nearby creak." Rein yawns. "Said their clothes got dirty and wanted to wash them and themselves."

"Well go and get them." Kedrern orders. "Dinner's ready."

Paimon floats off a log. "I'll go get them."

"Don't get lost now." Rein chuckles, only to shout in pain as a rock hits him in the head.

"Paimon has a good senses of direction!" Paimon yells as she floats into the forest.

Paimon floats around for a few minutes.

"Where is Paimon?" She questions, until she hears the sound of water running. "There they are!"

Paimon floats towards the source of the water and hears some humming. She then comes across a large black cloak, some wrappings, purple shirt and black trousers and a few pieces of leather armor. But there's also a pair of female under garments.

"What the...?" Paimon questions.

Paimon floats around a tree and finds the source of the humming.

Washing inside a creek is someone with black hair, Amber eyes, tanned skin and small pointy ears. A moderate sized chest and curvy hips.

Paimon stares in shock for a few moments.

Paimon stares in shock for a few moments

"Teina?" Paimon questions.

The Elf tenses up and looks back in horror. The elf swiftly crouches down in the water and covers her ears. "Don't look!"

Paimon blushes and looks away. "Um... Food's ready..."

"I... I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Okay..." Paimon starts to fly away.

"Don't tell anyone, okay!" Teina calls out.

"Paimon... won't..."

Paimon floats away and arrives back at the group.

"So did you find them?" Julian asks as he grabs a bowl of stew from Kedrern.

Paimon nods. "They'll be here in a few minutes."

Rein sips on the soup. "Wow, you really do know how to cook, Old-man!"

"If someone my age and job doesn't know how to cook, they wasted their life." Kedrern informs.

Everyone gets their bowls. Paimon starts to feed Nemuri.

Teina returns and walks past Paimon, not even acknowledging the Fae. She grabs a bowl from Kedrern, and walks off to the side and away from the group, to eat her food in solitary.

Paimon stares at Teina as she sips on her soup.

.

.

.

In a luxurious room moonlight shines on a bed as an old man with graying jade hair and green eyes, stares at the figuring laying in bed.

A servant enters the room and bows to the old man. "Sir, someone here to see you."

"This late at night, send them away and tell them to wait till morning." The old man orders.

"He says he can save your granddaughter."

The old man swiftly looks back to the servant. "Send him in, immediately!"

The servant bows and exits the room. And a minute later a tall man with golden eyes and white hair, he's wearing a suit with a lavish cloak on his back, enters the room and bows to the old man.

"Duke Malird Numbred, we have much to discuss." The man's golden eyes shine as an unnerving smile forms on his face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-22-2024

2796 words

25