Interlude: Lament of a Guild Master
361 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a room filled with books, paintings and random items sits a Elf with long golden hair that shines in the light and green eyes that sparkle like emeralds.

The Elf sits at a desk as she looks over some papers.

'My name is Lillian... Lillian Vophite... The first wife of Luka Vophite...'

Lillian picks up a couple papers and reads through them.

'I was just a simple maid back then, before the Vophate Dynasty was a thing. I was just 23 back when I was assigned to the young master Luka Vophite. He was born a couple days before, and his mother and father were too busy to watch over him, so they asked me to. I agreed since then it came with a slight pay increase.'

Lillian sets the papers down and sighs as she leans back in her chair. Before picking up some more papers and grabbing a pen and starts writing.

'When I first say the Master, he... was different. his eyes lightened up when he say me and held such intelligence in his eyes for being just born. And to say he was a prodigy was an understatement. He learned to speak by the age of 2, was reading at the age of 3 and practicing swordsmen ship at the age of five.'

Lillian slowly stops writing and gains a look of longing.

'He kept growing over the years, but when it was time for him to learn magic, they found out he didn't have any, or as the priest said. Back then a priests were ones to unlock peoples latent magical power in humans. Now days people don't have to worry about that.'

Lillian turns her swivel chair to the side and stares at a book shelf.

'So at the age of twelve his family sent him to where the city of Vophite resides today. Back then this entire region was nothing but a waste land from the battle of the Tyrant Goddess. It was very unlivable, but Master Luka actually had magic, and it was magic to terraform land to his will.'

Lillian stands up and walks over to the book shelf and grabs a book. She grabs a book and opens it up, revealing many photos of Lillian and a smiling boy with brown hair and yellow eyes. She goes through the photos here the boy grows older and older.

'He built up a city and over time many people came there, seeking refuge from the war that was going on in the East. Many Demi-humans came, seeking to hide from humans that would sell them into slavery.'

Lillian smiles as she puts the book back and goes to her desk and sits down.

'That's also where I met... all my rivals. All the girls trying to steal Master Luka's attention from me! Hmph, but in the end we all just agreed to share him.'

Lillian turns her chair around and looks out the large window.

'And to say I'm proud of what his Dynasty became, would not even come close. This place is one of the most accepting countries in the world, no matter what race you are. That's what Luka striven it to be, a home for everyone and anyone. And that's what it became, and that's why we also have many enemies. Most of them are to our West, beyond the Barren Desert and the Haunted Forest.'

Lillian closes her eyes and leans back in the chair.

'Our greatest enemy is Euclus Kingdom on the other side of the Barren Desert and the Haunted Forest. They're always trying to start trouble, trying to gain more land. They have the complete opposite ideals of the Vophate Dynasty. They're like the Yanna Empire. Human supremacists. But Euclus is so much worse, they hunt down Demi-humans and such and kill them. Hang their bodies from the wall of their capital, unlike Yanna who uses Demi-humans as slaves.'

Lillian clenches her fist. 'Though I have a feeling my Great Grandchild can handle this. Yes, the rulers of Vophate Dynasty is ruled by my bloodline. The other wife's spawns are the nobles of the Dynasty. But the only ones who know that I'm the first wife are the Royal Family and the Nobles.'

Lillian props her head up with her fists as she leans onto the side of her chair.

'After Luka died I kept doing what he started, I kept terraforming this land all the way to here. Where the Twin Scars are. This is where I stopped, Alsely. It took me nearly 750 years to fully terraform the land, even after I got my divinity.'

Lillian turns back to her desk.

'The Tyrant God made this land poisonous for nearly everything living here. That is why it was so hard to make this land a place to live. But recent events have starts pointing towards the resurrection of the Tyrant Goddess.'

Lillian's hand starts to shake and she looks at it.

'I wasn't around during here reign, but I've heard so many stories about her. How evil she was, how powerful she was. It took nearly all the High Tier Gods to kill her. Hundreds of Low Tier and dozens of Mid Tier gods died then. Even her name can put fear into the gods still to this day.'

Lillian grabs her shaking hand, forcing it to stop.

'That Faerie Paimon... She isn't who she says she is. A Fae from the Spirit Forest... No, she had to be a creation of Tyrant. Sent here to revive her. She's already got a beast that was created by her. With my Ideas and Morals I couldn't just outright kill her, so I had to send her away.'

Lillian looks up to the ceiling.

'I can't deiced if I need to tell my superiors, or leave it alone. If I tell them, they'll come down and deal with her, but they might figure out my interference in the Forbidden land and strip me of my Divinity. But if I don't tell them, the Tyrant Goddess could be revived and wreak havoc on the lands again...'

Lillian sighs and rubs her face.

'I'll decide what to do later, for now I need to focus on the Yanna and Elhe Balanore war. For a God has started this war and I need to figure out who, and force them to stop or kill them. But I have a feeling this won't be simple, for there are many pieces in the playing field, and I am yet but a pawn in their game.'

Lillian sits up and goes back to paper work.

'I Thosana, the Goddess of Luck, will figure this out and bring peace back to this land! No matter the cost.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-22-2024

1100 words

25