Chapter 46: Daily Life After the Battle!
182 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 46: Daily Life After the Battle!

The sound of blades clashing rang out.

Two figures intertwined rapidly in the courtyard of Twilight Manor, then swiftly separated.

In the period before dawn had lit Orario, Ais and Shiro were sparring in the courtyard as usual.

After their swords had collided once, Shiro suddenly sheathed his sword, prompting Ais, who was preparing to attack again, to also stop in her tracks.

"What's wrong? You seem very out of spirits today," Shiro asked Ais in front of him.

Unlike her usually sharp swordsmanship, Ais seemed hesitant in her attacks this morning, as if she was pondering something.

"Uh..." Ais appeared visibly disheartened by the remark, as if touching upon a sore subject.

"My sword... broke."

"Isn't the sword in your hand just fine?... Wait... could it be a temporary one..." Shiro glanced unconsciously at the sword Ais was holding, then asked, "How much was that sword again?"

"Forty million valis..." Ais hesitantly revealed the cost of the temporary sword.

Although it was just a substitute for the Desperate sword, a sword fit for a first-class adventurer was definitely not cheap, but forty million sounded like an exaggerated amount of debt.

As Shiro silently calculated how long it would take to save up forty million valis, he was at a loss for how to comfort the blond-haired girl, and the two ended their morning's practice in silence.

After washing off the sweat from the morning exercise at the bathhouse, Shiro headed to the dining hall, arguably the liveliest place in the entire familia.

Early in the morning, several people were already busy inside, as the Demeter Familia had already delivered a bunch of vegetables and fruits to the Loki Familia a few days ago, making salad and sandwiches the main breakfast for today.

After helping to set the breakfast and plates on the table with a few members, Shiro also sat down to eat.

The dining hall, filled with over fifty people, seemed a bit noisy.

Surrounded by chattering people, Tiona asked Ais.

"Ais, do you have anything planned for today?"

"I broke the temporary sword the day before yesterday, so I need to compensate..."

Everyone's gaze focused on the blond-haired girl, making her somewhat embarrassed.

After speaking, she immediately lowered her head and nibbled on her sandwich, seemingly thinking this would divert everyone's attention.

"So, you're going to the dungeon? I'll go with you too. Knowing Ais, she'll probably stay in the dungeon for a week."

"But..."

"No worries, I also need to save up for the second-generation large double-bladed sword!"

Tiona said, patting her barren chest.

Strangely enough, Tiona hadn't even saved up enough money for her own purchase before asking the blacksmith to make the second-generation Urga, leaving Shiro curious about the blacksmiths' reactions when Tiona couldn't pay up.

"Please let me help too," Lefiya also said eagerly.

"But Lefiya, didn't you team up with Torajirou? Is it okay to just leave him like this?"

"Eh?!" Lefiya looked at Shiro with watery eyes.

Swallowing the salad in front of him, Shiro said, "Then I'll come along too. But if we're gone for a week, we should probably inform Finn."

Although there weren't any major events in their Familia lately, leaving for so long would inevitably cause some concern.

"Great!"

"Um... then, thank you."

Feeling the kindness of her Familia members, Ais lowered her eyebrows and smiled at them.

At this time, Tione, who was specially responsible for preparing 'special ingredients' for Finn, also returned to their side.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"We're discussing earning money in the dungeon. Your two short daggers broke too, right? Do you want to come with us?"

"Eh? It'd be at least a week with Ais, I don't want to be away from the captain for so long."

Seeing her sister still the same as ever, Tiona said quietly,

"This is a rare opportunity, so let's also ask Finn if he wants to come along."

"Seriously, there's nothing I can do about you. Fine, I'll go, but remember to thank me."

This amazoness really can turn her face faster than flipping a book.

Twilight Manor is composed of eight towers, with seven towers surrounding the middle one, the thickest and tallest tower, connected by aerial corridors made of stone.

Of these towers, Finn's room and office were located in the tower to the north.

Knock, knock, knock—

The sound of knocking, followed by Tiona's voice from outside.

"Finn, are you here? We're coming in."

The door opened, and several people entered the room one after the other.

"Please wait a moment, I'm almost finished," Finn said without looking up, busy with his work.

After writing something on a piece of paper and passing it to Riveria, who was standing by, the elf neatly stacked it on the left side of the desk and pulled another document from the pile of documents on the right and handed it to Finn.

After a few minutes, Finn put down his pen, stretched in his disproportionately small chair, and looked up at Tiona and the others.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. What did you want to talk about?"

"It's like this. Tiona and the others are planning to explore the dungeon and were wondering if the captain could join them to explore the dungeon 'together'."

Tione quickly walked up to Finn's desk to explain, emphasizing the word 'together'.

"Ah, sure, it just so happens that I also want to relax."

Finn, who had been dealing with paperwork since the expedition ended, agreed readily.

Then he turned to Riveria.

"This is a rare opportunity to relax. Riveria, why don't you join us too? It'll be a nice break. Let Gareth handle the rest of the paperwork."

"Sounds good, I'll join as well. I'm a bit sorry to trouble Gareth."

With Riveria joining, the exploration team for the dungeon expanded to eight people, aside from Shiro and Lefiya, all of whom were first-class adventurers, making it almost a small expedition.

"Then let's all make preparations ourselves and meet at the entrance of the Tower of Babel at noon!"

Since Shiro didn't need to maintain and repair any weapons, he finished his preparations early.

After buying potions, he unexpectedly saw Riveria and Lefiya walking east.

"Riveria, the Dian Cecht Familia is this way!"

Hearing her name called, Riveria turned to see the familiar white-haired boy standing at the entrance of the Dian Cecht Familia.

After telling Lefiya to wait there, Riveria approached and said,

"I'm here to pick up my magic wand. I had asked someone to replace the gem on it, and it should be ready by now."

"Are you going to a shop selling magic items? Can I come with you?" Curious about what magic items looked like in this world, Shiro asked.

"Have you never been to such a place? Sure, then come along." Riveria nodded to Shiro to follow, and they headed east together.

---

Read More With Pictures (10+ Chapters In Advance):
patreon.com/U22

---

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
YouTube.com/@AnimexFirst

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)

12