Chapter 54: Riveria’s Social Death!
303 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54: Riveria's Social Death!

Their journey back to the upper floors after defeating Udaeus took three days.

With Riveria's support and protection, the trip was surprisingly smooth despite their dwindling supplies.

They even managed to create a picnic-like atmosphere, thanks to the fruits found within the Dungeon.

"Are you sure about giving the sword to some unknown blacksmith? After all, it's the material you worked so hard to get," Shiro asked Ais, who walked beside him.

After defeating Udaeus, the black sword it dropped had become Ais's trophy.

Though damaged, it was still a valuable first-class drop item.

While passing through the 18th floor, Ais couldn't resist Bors's pleas and entrusted the sword to him, with the promise that he would commission someone capable to forge it into a new weapon, ready for their next adventure.

"It's fine. I don't use greatswords anyway," Ais replied, her mood visibly brighter since their victory.

She savored a fruit picked from the 24th floor, a small smile appearing on her lips.

"Honestly, I won't let you two be so reckless again. Torajirou, you too, how could you let Ais challenge Udaeus alone?" Riveria scolded, recalling the terror she felt when Ais was struck by that massive sword.

"If I had intervened in her battle, Ais would probably never let me live it down," Shiro reasoned.

"Even so, it was too dangerous."

"There are some things in life that one must do, don't you agree, Riveria? Sometimes you have to do something you would normally never do."

Shiro countered, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he recalled something amusing.

"When have I ever been like you two?" Riveria questioned, confused by his statement.

Although she disliked the excessive reverence her fellow elves showed her, Riveria always maintained an air of elegance and grace, constantly looking after the other members of Loki Familia.

"The confession room," Shiro simply replied.

The confession room was established by Loki Familia as a place where members could confess their deepest sins and seek forgiveness.

However, it essentially functioned as a counseling space where members could discuss their worries and troubles.

The anonymity provided by the partition between confessor and listener made it easier for people to open up.

A sense of foreboding washed over Riveria as she heard Shiro mention the confession room.

"That nun listening to everyone's troubles from behind the partition… it's you, isn't it?"

Shiro asked, reminiscing about the time he stumbled upon the room during a casual exploration of the residence of Loki Familia.

"Wha... What are you talking about? I don't understand," Riveria stammered, her voice betraying a hint of panic.

Seeing her attempt to deny the truth, Shiro pinched his throat and imitated a high-pitched voice.

"Kyahaha~ ✧(๑•̀ㅁ•́ฅ)ฅ, I'll do my best to listen to everyone's worries today ❤! Come, ✧(>ω·) lost little lambs, confess everything to the lovely Alf-chan chu~ ✧ ≥▽≤ ✧!"

Even Ais, known for her stoic demeanor, couldn't suppress a smile, turning her head away as her shoulders trembled with suppressed laughter.

Shiro, struggling to control his own amusement, reverted to his normal voice and addressed the flustered Riveria.

"Even though you changed your voice, that was definitely you, wasn't it?"

"When..."

"What?"

"When did you know..."

"Huh? It was obvious from the start. Not just me, but Loki, Finn, Gareth, and the others probably figured it out ages ago."

Shiro said, feigning ignorance and spreading his hands in a gesture of innocence.

"I thought maybe you were just releasing some pent-up stress, Riveria."

"Is that so... Finn, Gareth, and Loki know about it, huh?" Riveria's voice had calmed, but it was calm before the storm.

"[Harbinger of the end, the white snow. Blow with the wind before the twilight. Closing light, the freezing land.]"

"Wait...! I'm sorry! I apologize! I'm just a witness!" Shiro hurriedly apologized, sensing the imminent danger.

However, Riveria, consumed by the feeling of shame and embarrassment, was beyond reasoning.

"[Blizzard, the three severe winters - my name is Alf]"

"!!!"

"Freezing cold..." Shiro muttered, rubbing his arms as he finally broke free from his frozen state.

Ais thoughtfully handed him a towel, while Riveria, still embarrassed, turned away with a huff.

Her red ear tips betrayed her lingering embarrassment.

They had reached the 5th floor.

As they entered a cavern, Ais's keen eyes spotted a lone adventurer lying on the ground.

He wore light armor, suggesting he was a novice, and had a slender build and snow-white hair like Shiro's.

"Bell?" Shiro spoke the adventurer's name.

"Hmm? Do you know this adventurer?" Ais inquired.

Shiro nudged Bell's face with a twig.

"We've met a few times. I guess you could say we're friends... but why is he unconscious here?"

There were no monsters around, and Bell appeared unharmed.

"No signs of poisoning... It seems to be a typical case of mental exhaustion, or mind zero."

Riveria concluded after a quick examination.

"Mind zero?" Shiro looked at Riveria with confusion, and she mirrored his expression.

"You don't know about mind zero? Oh, I apologize, I forgot you haven't experienced it. It's my oversight," Riveria said, realizing her mistake.

She then proceeded to explain this phenomenon to Shiro.

In this world, magic referred to the power of miracles, and improving one's magic meant enhancing the potency of magic spells.

However, the energy expended when casting magic was mental energy.

Excessive use of mental energy led to depletion, resulting in unconsciousness.

Shiro wasn't sure how his magic functioned in this context, but considering he used magic like it was second nature, mental exhaustion seemed unlikely to affect him.

"So, he's learned magic now?" Shiro asked, picking up on the key point in Riveria's explanation.

Humans in this world rarely awakened magic on their own.

His own new magic was still a distant dream, so how did Bell Cranel, a novice adventurer, awaken it?

Did he somehow acquire a grimoire?

"Theoretically, yes. Only beginners who have just learned magic would overuse it in the Dungeon and end up like this."

Riveria suddenly thought of Raul.

If he were to awaken magic, he would probably end up like Bell, pushing himself to the point of mental exhaustion.

"Anyway, I'll carry him back. Leaving him here in the Dungeon isn't safe," Shiro decided, observing the young man's peaceful sleeping face.

He resisted the urge to wake Bell up and instead hoisted him onto his back.

---

Read More With Pictures (10+ Chapters In Advance):
patreon.com/U22

---

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
YouTube.com/@AnimexFirst

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)

13