Chapter 17 – An Evaluation
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Jack Queen King game had reached its conclusion, leaving an unsettling imbalance in the outcome. The Danamant team had offered unwavering support as they effortlessly clinched victory. 

However, their triumph did not cement their status as the undisputed champions of Casual Games. To fulfill their aspirations, they needed to attain a specific level before gaining access to a place that could grant a single wish.

Meanwhile, Team Dachira remained an amateur group, playing alongside the Alvarest Game's best team.

Rakuen Alveni gazed at the virtual screen, displaying the results. He appeared content, his demeanor betraying no concern for subtle, potentially disruptive system nuances that might impact their journey.

Their group gathered in silence, their words held back, suspended in anticipation of evaluation. Gresha, curiosity in her eyes, finally broke the silence. "What are your thoughts on the outcome?" she inquired, keen to discern Rakuen's level of satisfaction.

Rakuen's gaze remained locked on the screen as he contemplated. "I'm reasonably satisfied, but there's still much room for improvement to reach our pinnacle," he responded.

"We must win more games to elevate our level and contend with other teams," Gresha affirmed.

Nods of agreement rippled through the group, their attention fixed on the chairman's guidance. Ignoring it was never an option; minimizing mistakes was crucial. Such was the creed of the team, shaped by their collective vision.

A member of the Danamant Team, dressed in a Cyber ​​Funk outfit, raised a hand. "Alright! Let's leave this stadium and return to our respective apartments for a celebratory toast."

The group exited the hall, expecting to meet fans for autographs and casual conversations before retiring to their apartments. However, a poignant memory stirred within Rakuen, compelling him to address their rivals before mingling with fans.

Team Dachira was conspicuously absent after the game. Gresha, her voice hushed, turned her attention to Rakuen, the team's leader. "Did you hear anything from Team Dachira?"

Rakuen paused, pivoted, and exhaled calmly. Team Dachira's whereabouts remained an enigma, their absence seemingly inconsequential. "I don't have any information about their location. I checked our virtual screen, but there was no trace of them," Rakuen responded, concealing the tremor in his body behind a warm smile.

Rakuen's candor reassured Gresha and the others, alleviating concerns about Team Dachira's mysterious disappearance. There was no need for further speculation; they might cross paths someday.

With renewed spirits, they prepared to greet and engage their eager fans warmly.

[***]

The Dachira Team had achieved a somewhat unsatisfactory result, grappling with the formidable challenges presented by the Alvarest Game. The complexity of their choices had real consequences, riddled with numerous potential outcomes.

They contemplated their identities and committed themselves not to forget the invaluable lessons learned from a challenging game that tested their limits.

Fortunately, Daren and Chinatsu had persevered, pushing themselves to reach the pinnacle of their gaming skills. Their team, known as Team Dachira, had ascended to Level 3, and their efforts had earned them an impressive 175 Alvena, along with an extra 15 Alvena from various add-ons.

Daren's username, "Daren15Heuler," proudly displayed his Level 3 status, with his experience points at 9 out of 15. Additionally, he had accumulated 3 Game Points and had a balance of 203 Alveni, boosted by a 13 Alveni bonus from the Chairman. Despite their achievements, there were no noteworthy trophies or achievements to boast about. Daren sported a professional look, clad in office wear and black pants.

Chinatsu, using the username "ChinatsuKoumei," had advanced even further to Level 6, although her experience points were at 5 out of 30. She had 3 Game Points and an impressive 393 Alveni, with another 13 Alveni bonus from the Chairman. Unlike Daren, she had earned the "Rookie Music" achievement and was dressed casually in a T-shirt and culottes.

Ravina von Rastell, who went by the nickname "Proxyna Girl," possessed a unique NFT from AlexyaLux. She, too, was at Level 3 with 5 experience points out of 15. She had accumulated 2 Game Points and had a balance of 393 Alveni, with a 13 Alveni bonus from the Chairman. Similar to Daren, she hadn't achieved any special awards, and her outfit was adorned with NFT settings.

Ravina approached Daren and bowed her head, her chest heavy with regret for not making a significant contribution to their team's success. Her remorse weighed on her, and she uttered, "Forgive me! I let you down, and our score suffered."

Daren responded with a warm smile, devoid of anger or negativity. He accepted her apology graciously and reassured her, 

"That's alright. Everyone can make critical mistakes." He chose his words carefully, not wanting to hurt Ravina and Chinatsu indirectly.

Chinatsu, feeling the discomfort of her sweaty clothes after their intense game, took a deep breath. She expressed her desire to leave the stadium promptly, putting aside the game evaluation and keeping their performance a secret. 

"Where to next? I'm eager to get out of here," she said, radiating enthusiasm.

Ravina chimed in, "I agree. Let's head to the apartment first." She portrayed innocence in her tone.

Before they departed, Daren gathered the three of them, intending to share something important and discuss their experiences in Alvarest Game. He also had an exciting revelation to make based on recent stadium gossip. 

"Before we go home, I want to take you somewhere that will enhance your understanding of the game and improve our gameplay."

Intrigued, Chinatsu and Ravina turned to face Daren, their curiosity piqued. "What is it? I'm starving," Chinatsu complained, but her curiosity was evident.

"I could use some rest," Ravina added, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Without much delay, Daren disclosed a little secret, capturing the full attention of Chinatsu and Ravina. "Before heading home, I'd like you to see something—a secret that will help us become better players." With a persuasive gesture of his index finger, he dispelled their lethargy.

Their curiosity grew, and both Chinatsu and Ravina were eager to know more. "Tell us, what is it?" Chinatsu's enthusiasm surged, ready to put the knowledge to good use.

"I don't want to be a burden. Please, reveal your secret now!" Ravina urged, approaching Daren with determination.

Daren, with a calm and deliberate demeanor, replied, "The answers will be revealed once we arrive at our destination. Follow me!"

0