Chapter 30 – Sudden Gift
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hans was mesmerized by Daren's gameplay, unable to get enough of it. Even though he had lost to Daren, Hans felt dissatisfied and uncomfortable because Daren hadn't fully utilized the Star Badge feature.

The Star Badge was an item meant for emergencies, so it needed to be used wisely. In Daren's case, he didn't need to use it because Agustina always answered correctly.

Zapata and Reins were crestfallen by their unforgivable defeat. They had underestimated Daren and hadn't considered their own card combinations.

They approached Hans and apologized for ther mistake. Hans remained silent, contemplating the defeat that shouldn't have occurred.

"I'm sorry! I caused all these losses," Reins apologized, bowing to Hans as the team leader.

"No, it's my fault for not paying attention to that fox-eared girl," Zapata continued, unable to face Agustina, who seemed to have a calm understanding of the game's flow and executed her moves flawlessly.

"It's okay. You both did your best," Hans muttered quietly, not wanting to burden his teammates further.

Hans' gaze became distant, and he couldn't think clearly anymore. It felt as though he wanted to let the defeat slip away. He contemplated leaving the stadium, no longer wanting to confront Daren due to the deep disappointment he felt.

On the other hand, Daren and Agustina savored their victory, relishing the unexpected outcome that could impact their daily lives. The usually reserved Agustina expressed her pleasure through a small smile.

Daren briefly glanced at the departing opponents, unwilling to let them go so easily. He had something important to convey to the opposing team and felt uncomfortable not bidding them farewell.

Leaving Agustina for a moment, Daren hurriedly approached Hans and the other two players, who were in a rush to leave the stadium and avoid any further duels with him.

Hans had no intention of engaging in conversation with anyone. He wanted to take some time alone to recover from the loss.

However, Daren approached them with great enthusiasm, eager to deliver a profound message to the opponents who had given their best in the game. Daren's face radiated positivity, devoid of any negative energy.

"Good job! I really enjoyed this game. Let's meet again next time, alright?" Daren said, not expecting anything in return from Hans.

An uncomfortable feeling constantly nagged at Hans. Unlike others who relished their victory and looked down upon their opponents, Daren prioritized chatting with the losing team first.

Daren's expression differed from the other players celebrating their triumph. Although he had won with Agustina's luck, Daren didn't place much importance on the victory. He believed that every game could be won or lost as long as he could savor the game's flow.

Hans's face darkened, reluctant to listen to Daren's speech before he took his leave and challenged another team.

Meanwhile, Zapata and Reins wanted to prevent Hans from uttering hurtful words to Daren. The two players didn't want to interfere if Hans wanted to vent his frustration over the defeat.

"Why would you say something like that? Can't you appreciate winning and take pride in that stroke of luck?"

Daren tilted his head slightly to the right, maintaining his original posture, not fully comprehending Hans' earlier comment about his ambition to be the best, defeat the top team, and even challenge Daren for an item.

Neither Hans nor the other two players truly grasped Daren's recent actions, feeling no advantage in facing the unassuming winner for the first time. 

"It's alright. I play for fun, not for the outcome. I always enjoy the process, don't you think, Hans Hoverloo?" Daren closed his eyes, leaving a lasting impression on an opponent who could provide an exhilarating battle, despite having just finished the game.

Daren's demeanor irked some, leaving the two players in front of him contemplating his unremarkable words.

Hans fell silent once again, refraining from commenting on the response.

Unbeknownst to the others, Hans took the initiative to present Daren with a gift, a gesture that caught the two players off guard, leading to doubt.

Without hesitation, Hans picked up the item and tossed it to Daren—a significant item to Hans, one he wanted to share with Daren. Daren swiftly caught it, examining the object with curiosity and self-reflection.

[Item Name: Blue-Purple Snow Ball]

[Special Feature: Excellent performance in winter activities]

[Game Role: Winter Game]

[Performance Boost: 50% in Winter Game]

[[Terms and Conditions Apply]]

[Note: Can be shared with teammates, confirmation required for gifting]

"As a reward for playing, are you satisfied with this?" Daren read the item's details, realizing its usefulness during winter. Both players questioned their team leader's decision, doubting Hans Hoverloo. The item he bestowed upon them held immense significance and was not easily obtained. However, due to the incident involving the Star Badge, which had affected him, Hans was willing to part with it.

"Wait, Hans! Are you serious about this?" Reins exclaimed; her tone filled with disbelief.

"Are you out of your mind?! That's the item you always carry, isn't it?" Reins raised her voice, her anger evident.

Hans averted his gaze from the two players, attempting to calm himself. "There's no need. I can find better items. Besides, you shouldn't worry about this type of item," Hans explained, but his explanation was only partial.

Hans distanced himself from Daren, with the two players trailing behind, feeling useless now that the Star Badge was in the hands of an inexperienced individual.

His eyes scanned Daren, a novice with various actions, not wanting to have any regrets.

"Hey! Take good care of that thing! One day, I'll come back and retrieve it!" Hans' parting words caused Daren to pause and reflect, but he remained positive that he had received a valuable gift suited for a winter player.

Daren reunited with Agustina, exchanging greetings after their victory. However, Agustina remained silent, feeling remorse for the misuse of the Star Badge.

"Next time, make sure to use it properly!" Daren chuckled, gently rubbing his head as the tension from the match dissipated.

0