In the Embrace of History, 2
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the northwest, where the Almo tribe is situated amidst towering mountains and pine-covered forests, lies the palace of the ruling family from which Nominsa descends. It is the Azkaza family, renowned for their rebellions against the tribal rule for ages, ensuring that no threat would naturally or humanly invade the tribe.
As is customary for ruling families, they often live secluded to maintain a distinct position.

The Azkaza family palace is perched on the foothills of a mountain, beyond the forest that surrounds the road leading to the palace. The ruling family consists of the grandfather, the eldest heir, and the current tribal ruler, Nominsa's father, Mr. Saifaw, and his wife, Nominsa's mother, Mrs. Tifawt. Nominsa's cousin and his wife, Mr. Ayour and Mrs. Titrit are also part of the family, along with Nominsa's elder cousin, Yuba, who is two years older than her and is considered her right-hand man.

As customary, Nominsa takes on the responsibility of inspecting the tribe's borders, fearing and taking precautions against any threat that might jeopardize the tranquility and peace they reside in.
After inspecting the borders alongside the two horsemen, they leisurely returned, passing by a lake that separates them from the neighboring tribe, "Ashal."

While strolling under the raindrops for a moment on the other side of the lake, they glimpsed shadows passing calmly. They are also tasked with inspecting the borders from the side of the Ashal tribe. Leading them is the heir loyal to the tribe, whose features from afar appear as if he is the moonlight illuminating the darkness of the night. Both parties exchanged a light gaze, offering distant greetings, and then continued on their respective paths.

Nominsa returned with the two horsemen towards the palace, leaving behind the echoes of laughter coming from the other side as if it were a mirage that would not cause any harm.
The sounds of the horses' hooves echoed as they pulled their reins towards the palace.
On the other side, where Arman and his company were, laughter resonated through the place.

One of the passersby remarked, "How can a woman wander here in this weather?" He chuckled, then continued, "Since when do women enjoy the rain like this?" They exchanged laughs and glances while Arman, riding a black horse, smiled gently as if unfazed. Regardless of who the ruler is, peace is what matters.

Arman, the first heir of the Ashal tribe, and son of the ruling family, Amallal, possesses a strong physique, tall stature, fair skin, blond hair, and hazel eyes. He radiates among thousands of men due to his extreme handsomeness, strength, and charisma that distinguishes him from others.
Similar to the neighboring tribe, the ruling family in the Ashal tribe has its palace situated amid the tribe, surrounded by the public from all sides and adorned with a wall from the outside. It stands tall, a structure built centuries ago, as if the drawn boundaries were not enough, but rather a wall was erected to fortify them against any potential threat.

The ruling family of the Ashal tribe consists of the current ruler and his wife, Mr. Mouha and Mrs. Tayri.
Then, there are their son and daughter, Arman, and his younger sister by three years, Miss Teelila. Arman's aunt, Miss Noumedia, is also part of the family, younger than the ruler by nine years and only five years older than Arman. As for the grandparents, both have passed away.
The Amallal family is extremely cautious when it comes to females. Women in the family are not involved in political matters; they are raised for adornment, beauty, and marriage. It is believed among them that it is not permissible for a female to work outside her home. This principle applies not only to the general population but also to the ruling family; females within the palace adhere to the same customs.

On both sides, Arman and Nominsa returned to their respective places, each delivering their report to the ruler. As customary, the ruler is considered the ruler even for his children.
"Both sides offer their greetings."
Nominsa bowed to the ruler after seeking permission to enter, portraying herself as a ruling lady. The stern and cold features dominated her face as she faced the ruler, who sat on a classic black sofa, facing the balcony, calmly observing the rainfall. He is a man in his fifties, with delicate features, a round face, and a thick black beard with strands of white hair. He wears a black cotton robe and a red sash, sitting with one leg over the other, quietly watching his seventeen-year-old heir and daughter, who stands confidently, about to present her daily report.

Outside the room where Nominsa and the ruler are, a young man, nineteen years old, with wheat-colored skin and calm features, tall and broad-shouldered, stands. He wears a brown robe and black shoes, quietly awaiting Nominsa's exit from the room.

On Arman's side, there is no difference in his stance before the ruler, who appears engrossed in some papers filling the table beside him. The man in his forties, with fair skin, blond hair, and a brown mustache, poses a question with a sharp gaze, saying, "I hear you." He, too, wears wide black leather pants and a long brown cotton jacket, resembling Arman, who stands before him in similar black attire.

The reporting concluded, and Arman exited the room, heading towards his chamber with ease. As usual, before sleep, he needed to bathe gently to feel comfort before the start of a new day.

On Nominsa's side, she collided with Youba, who was waiting for her exit, carrying a piece of chocolate as if it were a gift for her hard work. Nominsa smiled at Youba, and together they walked, exchanging casual conversation until he escorted her to her room. It was as if he were a concerned guardian fearing her loss.
He opened the door for her gently, then spoke, "Alright, let me see your joy again tomorrow, My Lady."
Nominsa smiled and nodded gently, saying, "Let's rejoice together tomorrow, sir."
Youba laughed joyfully, bid her farewell, and gently closed the door behind her.

Every time, Youba finds himself pondering, and this time is no exception, as he strides away from Nominsa's room. He wonders to himself, "Isn't it a burden to bear such responsibility for a young lady? Isn't it too early? Isn't it unfortunate for her not to enjoy her time like the other court ladies?"
He mutters to himself until he disappears from the hallway leading to Nominsa's room.

Nominsa also bathed gently and then sipped the tea prepared by her servant, as it was her usual routine before bedtime. She returned to gaze at the raindrops, pondering the difference between today and yesterday and wondering what changes tomorrow would bring. She turned gently and smiled at the maid, indicating her departure.

Once the maid left Nominsa's room, Nominsa approached the mirror in the room, and stood before her, gently tousling her hair as if praising herself for her strength today.

A similar scene unfolded with Arman, who stood by the window, gazing at himself through the glass, overlooking the neighboring buildings.

Both of them stared at themselves, but deep within, Jad and Maram repeated the same question,
"Who are you?"
However, in vain, no one hears their voices, and no one feels the presence of the other.

May I utter a curse? Well, it seems to be a curse...
To question the identity of the person within, and they don't even know of your existence.

0