Penny and the Plane!
91 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Main Mission Part 1 Completed!] 

[You have saved the lives of 100 or more people! You have shown the potential to become a force of good within the universe! Keep at it young hero and more rewards for your actions will follow!] 

[Rewards: Needle (Skill), 25 tickets, Beginner Hero (Perk), +1 Additional Party Slot] 

[Main Mission Part 2 has been added!] 

[Save 1,000 sentient beings or help 10,000 beings.] 

[Rewards: Baby Warp Star, 25 lottery tickets, Junior Hero (Perk), Infinite Jump (Skill)] 

[Sudden Quest Completed!] 

[You and your friends have escaped an alien planet! Congratulations on not dying and making out even better than you went in!] 

[Rewards: 15 Tickets, Survivor (Achievement), $5,000] 

Seeing all the rewards I just got from doing what a hero should, my body moved on its own! I jumped up from our pile and started dancing while singing a little song I just made up on my own. 

“I’m a real hero. A super cool hero. An awesome cool hero that just saved 100 people withmybestfriends!” I finished and continued humming the song out loud while dancing around. 

“So embarrassing...” Olivia muttered. 

Hmm? What is she talking about? I turned around in the middle of my victory dance to see that we were in the middle of a park being watched by plenty of people. My dancing did not stop though! Even though I could feel my cheeks heating up, this event was too important to let something like a little embarrassment stop me! With a big finish, I finally stopped and checked all my new stuff. 

[Skills] 

[Flying (Rank F)]  

[Black Hole Generation (Rank F)] 

[Arrow Projectiles (Rank F)] 

[Lightning Infusion(Rank F)] 

[Ice Infusion(Rank F)] 

[Vine Creation (Rank F)] 

[Flower Creation (Roses) (Rank F)] 

[Razor Blades (Rank F)] 

[Phasing (Rank F)]  

[Teleportation (Rank F)]  

[Body Control (Rank F)] 

[Telekinesis (Rank F)]  

[Ball Generation (Rank E)] 

[Accuracy (Rank F)] 

[Bomb Generation(Rank F)]  

[Balance (Rank F)] 

[Kicking (Rank E)] 

[Mouth Laser (Rank F)] 

[Needle] (Rank F)] 

[Perks] 

[Friendly - Makes it easier to befriend another.] 

[Hardy - Vitality has increased.] 

[Junior Hero - Damage towards those of the evil affinity is slightly increased.] 

Clapping and cheers rang out for me but the strange thing was that I didn’t recognize the language they were speaking! My eyes traveled over to Tiffany and Olivia. Olivia was shrugging her shoulders. 

“We’re in Sweden!” Tiffany called out, holding up her phone. I walked over to my friends and the people watching me also returned back to what they were doing. 

“Well... At least we are back on Earth!” I smiled. 

“Be glad we didn’t teleport over an ocean. If anything, we’re incredibly lucky to not have.” Olivia said. 

“Well girls, I can’t speak Swedish and I would love to have some fun here but my daddy has been blowing up my phone. We gotta get home before I get grounded.” Tiffany said. 

“I don’t think I can fly all the way to America with my wings. My wings are like muscles, they can get tired if I use them too long.” 

“We also gotta fly over Atlantic Ocean.” Tiffany added. 

“I don’t have my passport on me.” Olivia shared. 

“Wait! We don’t need a passport! We can use one of my skills to sneak onto an airplane and fly back home!” 

“Where is the closest airport?” Olivia asked. 

“Follow me girls! Already got the directions on Luudle Maps!” Tiffany rose her phone and started walking. 

The sights of Sweden were pretty. It wasn’t anything like how it is back home. There were little cars and most people got around by walking or bike riding. They road boats around the city, the water was pretty, and the people were very nice. Even though we couldn’t understand Swedish, it looked like they were friendly people. Tiffany had to use Luudle translate to tell any adults that we weren’t lost or needed any help. It happened more frequently than I would’ve liked but seeing people being kind will always bring a smile to my face, even if it gets a little annoying after the 3rd time. 

Me and Olivia could tell Tiffany really wanted to explore all the shops and restaurants, ride the tall busses and boats, and visit the amusement park. It was hard to say no to that final one because we all wanted to go to the amusement park. But, we had to return home! Our family was waiting and we were gone for like a day or something! I actually don’t know how long we were gone. We could always come back; I got a lot of cash from that quest. 

“Here we are girls, the airport. Now what’s the plan?” Tiffany asked. 

“Yeah Penny. What’s the plan here?” Olivia added. 

“Follow me!” I just looked up how much tickets cost to go to America and it was around 300 dollars. 

There was a long line to wait in before we could speak to the lady at the counter.  

Wanna tell us the plan now Penny?” Olivia asked me like she was annoyed. 

“I already told you the plan when we teleported here.” 

“Sneaking onto an airplane? Why don’t we just go already then? Why are we waiting in line?”  

“I need to pay for our tickets before we go. If we don’t pay and just sneak on, we’d be breaking the law.” I told her. 

“Fine. I accept your plan. This Princess can’t be known as a criminal.” 

“I can’t get on social from prison soooo, no thanks.” Tiffany agreed. 

I walked up to the counter and the lady looked at me. With a smile, I handed her 990 dollars before walking away with Tiffany and Olivia. The signs were all in Swedish but we could recognize which one was heading to America thanks to the app on Tiffany’s phone. It told us which flight we needed to head on to get back to America and now it was time to sneak onto our plane back home. We huddled up into the empty bathroom and I phased us into my shadow. 

We couldn’t speak while in my shadow but we could see each other’s faces. It was like we were swimming underwater in a completely black sea. We could move our bodies and see the outside world by looking up but I could control where my shadow went while inside. The shadow crawled across the roof of the airport, making its way towards our airplane. We waited until we were inside the airplane’s restroom before popping out of my shadow and returning back to the real world. 

Tiffany and Olivia shook their clothes and tried to dry them off after swimming in that blackness. 

“Hey, I'm not wet!” Tiffany said surprised. 

“Thank god.” 

“Let’s go find some seats guys!” I shouted out as we all came out of the bathroom together. 

“Obviously, I'm heading to first class. As royalty, it’s only natural I sit in first class seating.” 

“What’s first class like? I’ve never flew in a plane before.” I admitted. 

“First class is the bomb gurl. Come on!” Tiffany pulled me ahead. 

We took the very first seats in first class and waited on our phones until the plane started going. I sat next to Tiffany while Olivia sat on the other side of the aisle. I was playing a Kirby game on my smart phone by using an emulator, Olivia was listening to her music playlist, and Tiffany was facetiming with her parents. Olivia showed us that our seats could fold out into a little bed so, I kicked my feet out and played Kirby Super Star Ultra. The best Kirby game from the original handheld console!  

As I was playing the True Arena mode where you go through bosses after bosses and have to defeat them all with very little health items to use, a couple of old guys were walking up the isle and standing pretty close to us. I paused my game and looked up to see they had tickets in their hands that probably was for the seats we were in. 

It looked like I was the only one who cared because Tiffany was taking selfies of first class and of me and Olivia in first class and Olivia only glanced up at the men before tapping on whatever she was doing on her phone. Well I’m sure taking another seat won’t hurt them! I unpaused my game and started playing it again as the business men took the seats behind us. They didn’t even question us either, how kind! 

The pilot started talking on the intercom and in no time, we were on our way back to America! Tiffany’s phone was telling us it would take around 9 hours before we were back in America so, we had a bunch of time. I spent most of the time beating the Kirby games on my emulator to remember everything that was in Kirby that I could probably get with my system. From time to time, I would talk with Olivia or Tiffany when I wasn’t in the middle of an important boss battle or minigame. 

“Guys! Did you know if you practice with your powers, they’ll rank up and get better?” I suddenly remembered. 

“What?! No way Penny!” Tiffany yelled. 

“It’s true! My kicking skill went up after I kicked so many times.”  

“You have a kicking skill?” Olivia asked. 

“Yeah. What skills do you guys have?”  

“I have Technology Mastery (Rank F) and Mirror World (Rank F) from some guy named Dark Meta Knight.” Tiffany told us. 

“I have Summoning (Rank F) by some guy named Magolor and Healing (Rank F).” Olivia shared. 

“That’s so freaking cool! Olivia how in the heck did you get a healing skill?” I asked. 

“How am I supposed to know? It’s your weird power.” 

“Isn’t your mom a doctor though?” 

“You can become the greatest doctor ever if you rank that skill up Olivia!” I bounced in my seat. 

“A doctor princess? Does that even sound like something a princess would be?” She asked sarcastically. 

“That would be the coolest thing ever! A princess that can heal all of her injured or sick people! A princess that isn’t scared to get in a fight because she could just heal any damage she takes or her soldiers take!” I spat out rapidly. 

“Well... When you put it that way, I guess it doesn’t sound so bad... Fine. I’ll try and rank up my skills. I was going to do it anyway but I won’t look down on my skills anymore.” She said. To prove her point, she actually summoned two helpers on the plane. Scarfy and golden Waddle Dee. 

“What about my skills Penny?!” Tiffany asked, matching my own excitement. 

“With a skill called technology mastery, you could probably become the smartest person on the planet! Building robots, making spaceships to fly in outer space, and even making the greatest phone throughout the universe!” 

“No way!” 

“You could definitely do even more than that though! Those were just the first things to come in my head.” 

“What about your skills Penny?” Olivia asked me while petting the shiny golden Waddle Dee. 

I shared with them all my skills and Tiffany’s eyes turned into blinding stars while Olivia seemed upset that I had more than her. 

Gurl! You’re like the best ever if you can do all that stuff!” Tiffany shook me. 

“It’s awesome I know but I'm still learning how to use them. I need more time to practice using them.” 

“How do we get more skills Penny?” Olivia called one of the attendants and ordered a steak with gross vegetables on the side. 

“Well, the only way I found out to get skills was to rank up the skills you have now or those sparkling orbs I gave you on the ice planet.”  

“Ah miss, make sure to get some caviar for my cat and a smaller sized plate of my first order for this one.” The flight attendant suddenly noticed the two creatures and screamed. 

Olivia frowned as all the attention in first class focused on her. 

“What are those things!?” 

“Excuse me?” Olivia glared at the woman. 

“There are no pets allowed on the plane little girl! I don’t know how you snuck these things on here but they must be gotten rid of immediately!” 

“Fix your tone. You are speaking to royalty.” 

“Where are your parents!? Are they still not back from the bathroom yet? This is unacceptable. I’ll go get them myself.” She started walking towards the bathroom. 

“Uhh. What’s the plan here Olivia?” I asked. 

“There is no plan. She’s going to accept my servants being with me. There is no alternative.” 

“I’m with Olivia on this one Penny. It’s not like she can really do anything to us, we’re already in flight. The most she can do is scream at us.” 

“I still feel like we should do something to make her feel better. What if you de-summoned them, ordered the food for all three of you, and then re-summoned them after you got your food and she left again?” I suggested. 

“I could but I didn’t like her tone. She wants to find trouble with this Princess then this Princess has no problem causing trouble back.” 

“Princesses don’t get even! They be the better person and forgive!” I argued! 

“Not all princesses are the same.” Olivia scoffed. 

Agh! Come on Olivia! It would be so much easier to do what I planned for everyone! The lady wouldn’t be mad, you and your helpers would eat, and the entire first class wouldn’t be staring at us like they are now!” 

Olivia turned her glaring eye towards the adults behind us with Scarfy turning into his monstrous form, causing them to scream. I face palmed in my seat and the attendant came back still as mad when she left. She was huffing and puffing while out of breath. It seems she didn’t find Olivia’s “parents” in the bathroom. 

“Tell me where your parents are right this instance.” She ordered. 

“And if I don’t?” Olivia calmly asked. 

“I’ll! I’ll! I’ll tell the pilot to stop this plane!” 

“I may be a child but I am not stupid. You can’t stop a plane after it takes off.” 

“You! I won’t tell the cooks to cook you your order then.” She crossed her arms. 

“That’s fine. You can leave now.” Olivia shooed her away as the golden Waddle Dee rested on her stomach. 

The flight attendant lady didn’t like being shooed away like a fly. She reached out to grab the sleeping Waddle Dee and to respond to her sudden actions, Scarfy bit her arm. She screamed and nearly fell backwards into Tiffany and I’s seats. Tiffany put her hand up, stopping the lady from falling on us. The attendant then ran away in fear as Scarfy returned back to his normal cat form and snuggled up next to Olivia. 

“Next time just headbutt them if someone comes at me like that. Do not bite them unless I tell you to.” She patted his head. 

“Well I don’t think she’s going to cause any more trouble for us but I still think you could’ve handled that in a nicer way...” I said to Olivia. 

“Olivia’s little cuties aren’t bothering anyone. I don’t see why she made such a big deal in the first place. Totally lame yo.”  

“How are we going to get food now though?” 

“Like this babe.” Tiffany rung the bell that calls an attendant.  

In no time, a different attendant came over to our seats and asked us if we needed any help. Tiffany ordered what Olivia tried to order before. The man attendant smiled and said that it would be out in a few minutes and left.  

“I see not all of this airline’s employees are rude and disrespectful.” Olivia said. 

“Yah, that dude was pretty chill. I guess I won’t rate this airline a 2/5 anymore.” Tiffany said. 

“You weren’t going to rate it that low anyway! You’ve been lookin comfy ever since we took flight!” I pointed out. 

Gurl, shut up! Don’t be exposing me like that.” We started laughing. 

This is my first time trying out a 1st person pov story. Please give any advice, tips, or ideas on how I can improve.

Fun fact: I've never flew in a plane in my life and here i am trying to write a scene about something airplane related. I tried a little bit in trying to relay what i could gather from google but yeah just saying.

Also a little note about the Kirby system, all things that originate in Kirby games are available from the system. 

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

2