Penny and the Return Back!
72 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  The flight back home was long but pretty fun considering that it was my first time flying. That lady that didn't get along with Olivia didn’t bother us after being bitten. I hope she was okay but it still wasn’t right for her to try and take the little Waddle Dee by force. Just because she was older and bigger doesn’t mean she can just take whatever she wanted. That isn’t right. 

  Grandma was waiting for me at the airport along with Olivia’s and Tiffany’s parents. When we got off the plane, only Grandma was the one who didn’t look angry or worried. Olivia’s mom and dad basically tackled her to the ground while sobbing. Tiffany’s parents looked super angry, especially her dad. His face was so red he looked like a steaming tomato! 

“Penny. Where in the world did you girls go?” Grandma asked me. 

“Yeah! Sweetheart where did you go!? It’s been 3 days since we last saw you! We would’ve put up 3 missing children reports if it wasn’t for Mrs. Bloom.” Olivia’s dad said. 

“I was on another planet.” Olivia answered him 

“It’s been three days since we left?” I asked in disbelief. 

“We were told you three disappeared after an incident happened at the mall!” 

“Incident? 

“Tiffany Jones, you will tell me where you were right this instance or you can say goodbye to that phone young lady!” Tiffany’s dad yelled. 

“Jeez not even a welcome home Dad? I guess you didn’t miss me at all if the first thing you do when you see me is yell.” She turned away as her dad’s face stopped looking so angry. 

  He got on one knee and hugged her from behind along with her mom. I couldn’t hear what he whispered to her because my Grandma was still waiting for me to answer her from earlier and her face was becoming even scarier than Tiffany’s dad’s. I hugged Grandma before she thought about punishing me and then revealed everything that happened to us. 

“So first we were at the mall and then while we were hanging out at the mall this strong bad guy alien crashed down in the middle of the mall and hurt a bunch of people and since I'm a hero I was like I gotta stop him from hurting anymore people! So that’s what I did. I used my hero powers and beat him up so that he couldn’t hurt anyone again. Then this is where Me, Olivia, and Tiffany were wondering what to do with him. I thought we should let the police lock him up while Olivia thought we should give him to the military so that they could give us money for the body. The military was definitely going to dissect and cut him up like all the tv shows say the government does, I couldn’t let that happen! He might have been evil but he didn’t deserve to die and I wouldn’t feel right receiving money for the death of someone else. But anyway while me and Olivia were talking, Tiffany grabbed this teleporter thingy from the bad guy’s body and was looking at it but then Olivia scared Tiffany into pressing the teleporter and I didn’t know that it was a teleporter so I jumped towards them to protect them from the thing but actually it was-” Grandma covered my mouth with her hand. 

“I can see it’s a long story... Let’s get home first girl so that you can tell us what happened.” She was holding her head with her hand. Did her head hurt or something? 

“You don’t mind if we come along do you Mrs. Bloom?” Tiffany’s mother asked. 

“Not at all dear. I’m sure both of your families are interested in what happened to your daughters. My granddaughter also has a few things to say if you haven’t noticed.”  

  I definitely had to tell them the whole story! It was a super adventuristic journey of epicness and awesomeness! A hero’s journey! A tale that will spread throughout the cosmos and inspire future heroes to follow my ways! 

  I got into Grandma’s red truck and we drove all the way home with Olivia and Tiffany coming with their parents too. The grown-ups sat on the living room couch and we stood up in front of the tv.  

“Alright girl so you said you met an alien at the mall and punished him?” Grandma asked. 

“Yeah! Yeah! After beating him up with my powers like any superhero would, I-” Olivia covered my mouth with her hand. 

“She’ll go on forever if you let her.. I’ll tell the story. What happened was... EWWWWWW!!!! DID YOU JUST LICK MY HAND!?” Olivia screamed after trying to silence me. 

  She pushed me and I was going to fall over on the rug but I felt something hard on my back that stopped me from falling. Tiffany created a mirror that saved me from falling. 

“YOU’RE SO DISGUSTING!” Olivia’s hand threw two purple energy balls in the air. The energy balls summoned lightning balls that flew towards me! 

  I brought my wings out and flew into the air, dodging the balls. Sticking my tongue out at Olivia during this moment, probably wasn’t the best choice as she just summoned two more electric orbs to attack me with. I thought she could only summon two things at once, how did she?  

“Don’t worry Miss B. I got it.” Tiffany said to my Grandma.  

Another electric ball flew past me and Olivia summoned a mirror that the magic attack flew into, stopping it from burning the house.  

“What in the world is happening...?”  

“Penny!” Grandma’s yell made me stop in my tracks. “Now I know for a fact that these two girls couldn’t do this stuff before! What happened?!” 

“No cap, Penny gave this alien dude a beating, we went to another planet, Penny gave us some lit AF superpowers, we saved the planet from some green jerk, and then we came back home.” Tiffany explained. 

“I can’t even say I don’t believe you... You clearly have some supernatural ability.” Tiffany’s dad said. 

“Our daughter became a freak!?” Olivia’s dad screamed before getting slapped by his wife. 

“Don’t you ever call our daughter that again...” She hugged Olivia. “You’re sleeping on the couch tonight for that and sweetie don’t worry. I can tell that what happened to you isn’t your fault. We’ll still love you the same as before... Right Henry?!” 

He rapidly nodded his head while holding his cheek. 

“I’m fine...” Olivia muttered. 

“I mean... Tiffany left out a lot of important stuff about what happened but I guess that’s basically what happened.” I told Grandma. 

“What important stuff?” She asked. 

“Well she didn’t add the part where we had to fight Bearoopus the bear, octopus, moose alien and then after teaching him a lesson about trying to eat innocent little girls we became best friends with him thanks to Olivia. He let us ride on his back until we meet this cute little space penguin! He looked like a penguin we have on Earth but had fur, a horn on its head, and could shoot ice out of their horns! His name was Yrek and he was in trouble and needed help! His planet was under control of this alien criminal that forced them to work as slaves with these collars that shocked them whenever they didn’t do what they were told. Seeing that these cute penguins were in trouble, we had to save them! They were called Trennac by the way. Yrek took us to his village after we agreed to help his people from the evil Garlax! We had to decide on a plan on how we should save them. I thought we should---” 

“I think we heard enough Penny. When you said important details girl I thought they would be actually important.” 

“It is important Grandma!” I argued. 

“Alright. I think we heard enough about what happened. Mr and Mrs Waters and Jones. I’m sure you have plenty to talk about with your girls tonight. I think I heard enough from my Granddaughter tonight and it's her bedtime anyway.” 

“But I'm not sleepy!!! I just got back home!! I’m hungry! I haven’t even taken a bath yet! I can’t go to sleeeeep!” I protested against bedtime. It was summer, there was no school. Why did I even need a bedtime? Superheroes don’t have bedtimes! They work day and night to fight evil. How can I fight evil if I'm sleeping!? 

“Thank you, Mrs. Bloom for inviting us over and letting us understand the situation for ourselves. We’ll see ourselves out.” Tiffany’s dad said. 

  Tiffany and Olivia left with their parents and I was left alone begging Grandma to not make me go to sleep. She finally let up once she heard my stomach growling. She went into the kitchen and started cooking something for me. I had to use my time wisely because I knew after dinner she would definitely try and make me go to sleep. Going against her was impossible but I could definitely prolong my fate of going to sleep. 

  I turned on the tv and started watching one of my favorite cartoons until dinner was ready. I sat crisscross applesauce on the floor and used my wings to hover in the air. Sitting on the ground was so lame now that I could just sit in the air. This was also a way of training my flight skill too! So, I wasn’t just doing this because of how awesome it felt to fly with wings. 

“Come and eat so you can go to bed girl.” 

  At that call, I flew into the kitchen with my stomach ready to feast. When my eyes landed on what she cooked for me, I immediately wasn’t hungry anymore. 

“Grandma, I’m pretty sleepy... I think I should go to bed instead of eating...” 

Bang! 

  She slammed her hand on the table, making everything on the table jump, including me. 

“You are going to eat this food you just told me you wanted to eat. Sit down and start scarfing this down.” She ordered. 

“I didn’t want any vegetablessssss.” 

“Eat.” 

“Why can’t I just eat the tasty food?! Vegetables are grosssssss!!!” 

“You haven’t even tried these before. How can you say they are gross before you even taste them?” 

“All vegetables are nasty and gross and look ugly.” 

“Penny if you don’t eat this food, you’re grounded. I didn’t spend time making this just so you can say you don’t want it. 

“I didn’t tell you to make vegetables...”  

“Keep talking with that smart mouth and you’ll only be eating vegetables every night.” 

  My lips shut themselves and my fork picked at the Brussel sprouts. My hand shook and fought as I brought a single sprout to my mouth. My tongue hesitantly poked at it. Hmm.. This doesn’t taste as bad as the green beans.. I put it in my mouth and rolled it around with my tongue. My teeth crushed the crunchy and surprisingly tasty vegetable. What was going on here? A vegetable, tasting good? Impossible. It was like trying to mix ice cream and pizza. While they are totally awesome on their own, together they are just a monstrosity of nastiness. This was like the mixing of ice cream and pizza but it was actually good! It can’t be! 

“Grandma what did you put into these Brussel sprouts?” I questioned. 

“Nothing. I made it like any other person would. Why?” 

“Hmmm...” I intensified my questioning gaze on my Grandma. 

  I forked another one and ate it. It tasted just as good as the first one! How can this be!? A vegetable tasting good despite all vegetables being the source of all evil within the galaxy?! It just doesn’t make sense! 

[You have received a buff from Isabella Bloom’s Cooking!] 

[Vitality has been increased 50%] 

“I KNEW IT!!! It’s because of your cooking skill from my system that made these sprouts taste so good! Now no matter what food you make Grandma it’ll taste super delicious because of how high your rank is with cooking!”  

“Girl shut up. Your power didn’t do anything to my---” Her words got stuck in her throat as she tasted the Brussel sprout on my plate. 

“See! See! Grandma you gotta make a restaurant! With food like this we can be rich!” 

“You can’t make a restaurant with a single person and it takes a lot more things to make a restaurant than you think Penny.” 

“Don’t worry Grandma! I got a lot of money from my power! Look!” I reached into my pocket and set the 5,010 dollars on the table. 

Grandma’s eyes nearly popped out of her face after she saw the money stacks. 

“Where did you...” 

“My power remember? I just told you Grandma!” 

“Oh right... Let me save some of this for your college funds...” 

Noooo! That’s for the restaurant! With how good this food tastes we’ll be able to make millions!” 

“Penny. Something like this can’t be decided on a whim. I’m a little too old to be trying to run a business at my age. My bones ain’t the same as they used to be.” 

“Granny you can just make some food that will make your body better! Like these vegetables make my vitality better!” 

“You don’t even know what vitality is Penny.” She saw right through me. 

“So! I do know that you can make a certain food that makes your bones better so that you can feel better! All we have to do is Luudle what kinds of foods make your bones stronger and you just have to make that food!” 

“I’ll think about it girl. Hurry up and eat that food before it gets cold so you can go to bed. I’ll put some of this money away for your future.” 

“Yes Grandma.” I dug into my food with a second wind. 

  My plate of seasoned baked chicken, Brussel Sprouts, and a side of mashed potatoes disappeared into my howling gut. Its hunger was appeased and the dreaded time for bedtime was near. I still had a few tricks up my sleeves though. I haven’t even brushed my teeth or taken a bath yet! There was still so much more I could do before going to bed! 

  Grandma was forced to take me out of the bathtub because she said I was taking too long. I fiercely argued against such violent and slander against me but Grandma wasn’t having any of it. She stood over me as I brushed my teeth in my bath towel and walked me to my room after I put on my pajamas. She tucked me into bed and I asked for a bedtime story. 

“I will spank your behind girl. Do not play with me and take your butt to sleep. You tested my patience enough with that bath.” She warned me. 

  Once she threatened to whoop me, it was time to just listen and obey. Taking a whooping was not worth trying to avoid falling asleep. She turned off my light and strangely enough, I drifted straight off to sleep. Even though I tried so hard to avoid this and even planned on staying awake after Grandma left, my body didn’t agree with the plan. It was in shutdown mode and I couldn’t even bring up my heroic will to resist. 

This chapter didn't have much in it but i'm surprised i managed to make a whole chapter without some action forced in it. Writing slice of life scenes is one of my biggest weaknesses currently because they bore me so much! And if i'm bored i don't wanna read it. I have to make it exciting, interesting, or something so that my brain doesn't fall asleep just reading through it. Luckily my characters are interesting enough to me that i can write about them without some action.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

2