Penny and the Bank!
95 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grandma woke me up early in the morning. I just wanted to sleep till I didn’t feel tired anymore but Grandma wasn’t having it. She forced me out of bed with the smell of waffles, bacon, and eggs. The ravenous creature sealed in my stomach couldn’t resist against such powerful forces. I jumped out of bed and headed straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth. With unforgiving brushing, I killed all the villainous forces that wanted to destroy and make my teeth turn into hobo teeth with my Marvelous She-girl tooth paste and toothbrush. After seeing the many pictures of hobo teeth at school on the computer, I promised myself to never go a day without brushing my teeth.  

My totally awesome wings let me fly out the bathroom and into the kitchen to snack on some delicious breakfast made by my awesome Grandma. Eating waffles and bacon always tasted great but with Grandma’s cooking skill, it tasted like a million times better! It was so tasty, I couldn’t stop myself from digging in like a starved dog! Before I knew it, all the food in front of me was gone and the plates were licked clean! 

“Grandma who ate my food!?!?” I screamed. 

“Who else is at the table?” She rolled her eyes. 

“But I just got it! How did it disappear in one second?!” 

“I’m surprised too girl. Seeing you eat like that made you look like you never ate a thing in your life.” 

“It was just so goooooood...” I rubbed my stomach. 

“When you’re done cleaning your plate in the sink, go get in the car.” 

[You have received a buff from Isabella Bloom’s Cooking!] 

[Strength and Vitality have been increased 75%) 

I asked her where we were going while cleaning my plates and fork. She said we were going to the bank and making a savings account for me. She said she was going to put most of the money I got from my system into my savings account for college and letting me keep the rest to spend on whatever I want. She also talked about some other stuff like letting it collect interest or something on our way to the bank and that when I grow up, I'll have even more money than when I put in! It sounded like I was going to be super rich when I grow up and I couldn’t wait!  

Even the 1,000 dollars she was letting me keep after this was more money than I ever held in my life! I had to be like the richest kid at my school now! I could buy a new phone, any game console I wanted, a new bike, some new clothes, new games, a new bike helmet and some pads, and so much more! I was literally bouncing in the front seat the entire time on the way to the bank.  

“I love you so much Grandma!” 

Ahuh... I love your silly little hyper self too.” 

“I have the best Grandma in the world!” I sung. 

We made it to the bank and had to wait in this super long line of people. It was only 9 o clock! Why the heck are there so many people up at this time?! I know I wouldn’t be up at this time unless I had school or something! The line was moving so slowly too. I couldn’t just stand around and do nothing! 

Grandmaaaa. I’m so boreddddd. There’s nothing to do in here. Can I level one of my skills?” I asked. 

“No magic, flying, or anything else normal people can’t do.”  

That immediately crossed out at least 15 of my skills. It was a hard hit but I could manage this. I secretly created a jester ball in front of me and started balancing on it. I stood on top of the bouncy ball and held my arms out. It was my first time trying to ball walk after all and I didn’t want to fall and hurt myself. That’ll definitely give Grandma an excuse to cross this skill out as well. With my balance skill, I had an easier time getting used to moving around with this ball under me. I used the heel of my feet to move the ball forward and the tip of my toes to move backwards. If I need to turn or something I'd just curve my feet in the direction I needed to go. 

I didn’t move around much while we were in line, just rolled around in a circle for the most part but since Grandma allowed me this small freedom, I used it as much as I could. Even when a good portion of the people in line were staring at me, Grandma didn’t tell me to stop. She usually would make me stop having fun if people were looking at me doing something but I guess she was in a good mood today. Lucky me! 

Truthfully, I wanted to speed around the entire bank on this thing but I had enough sense to not do something like that and possibly get Grandma angry. There would be no winning in getting Grandma mad. So, we just waited in line while a few people looked at my awesome balancing skill and some even started recording and taking pictures of me. I didn’t mind it because in the future I would definitely be super famous and people would always be taking pictures of me. I should try and get used to it now when I'm not even known as a hero yet! 

I rolled forward on my ball and there were three people ahead of us now. It was almost our turn and I couldn’t wait to get out of this place and spend my money. The look on Olivia’s face when she sees all the cool stuff I bought will be great! While I was thinking of all this, a scream broke out at the bank counter. Me and Grandma looked in front of us to see what happened and the next thing I heard was a gun shot. 

With a fast roll in front of Grandma, I saw the woman at the front putting on a robber mask with her gun raised high. The sound of someone falling made me look around behind me, and I saw more people with robber masks inside the bank. They knocked out the security guards and held guns in their hands. 

“Everybody get on the ground and no one gets hurt!” The man who knocked one of the police men out ordered. 

[Sudden Quest Added!] 

[Your local bank is currently being robbed by a group of criminals! Show them what a Junior Hero can do and save these innocent people!] 

[Rewards: $500, 3 Tickets, 1 Jumbo Candy] 

I could definitely beat these bank robbers up but I couldn’t protect everyone else too! Plus Grandma is here, If she gets hurt even if I apologized a thousand times, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself. The woman in front was ordering the man behind the counter to give her the money and open up the way to the vault. I got off my ball and got down to the floor like everyone else. 

“Don’t worry Grandma... I’ll figure out a way to save everyone. I’m a hero.” She hugged me tightly while shaking but she didn’t look like she was scared at all. 

In total, there were 6 bad guys robbing the bank. The bank robbers were pretty split up, so if I attacked one it would take a while before I could get to the other one. I’ll have to wait till they are grouped up if I want to have any chance of getting through this without someone getting shot. The sound of police sirens rang from outside the bank. 

“Son of a bitch! Who the fuck called the cops!? Check one of the hostages and see if any of them have their phones out!”  

3 of the criminals were searching everyone and as they were searching, they pocketed any jewelry or expensive phones they could find. One of the robbers searched us and I could feel my grandma’s hug tighten. My Grandma and I weren’t rich. He didn’t find anything on us worth taking except my Grandma’s wedding ring. It was one of Grandma’s only reminder of Grandpa and I couldn’t just let him take it from her. I was about to kick his ugly mug in the chin but Grandma’s hold on me stopped me. 

“But Grandma... I can’t let him...” 

“Didn’t you say you were going to save everyone? Don’t ruin that because of a piece of jewelry. I believe in you Penny. Show me what my hero granddaughter can do.” 

“I love you Grandma...” 

“When you save everyone, I can just get the ring back.” She told me. 

I couldn’t mess this up now. I pushed down the anger inside me and waited for the perfect moment. The cops outside were trying to negotiate with the bad guys but the bad guys weren’t interested. They found their way into the vault and were setting up explosives to break inside. Half of the crew went inside to set up the explosives while the other half was watching over us and delaying the cops. 

The robbers split us up into 3 groups. We were split into a triangle shape with my group being at the top. Each robber stood over the groups with a gun in their hand and I was thinking. This was my chance to strike. I can definitely deal with 3 over 6. I took a deep breath. I used all the negative thoughts running through my brain to charge me. I absolutely cannot mess this up. If I mess this up there is no going back. 

I took another 2 or 3 deep breaths. Okay! Let’s do this. I kicked my jester ball towards the robber on the left and jumped up to the bad guy standing over my group. My jester ball smashed into the face of the robber and launched him through the glass at the counter. I kicked the criminal in front of me in the balls, he dropped to his knees and squeaked out something but I flew off towards the last guy before I could hear him. He rose his gun and started firing at me. I flew around the bullets as best as I could, thankfully the guy had crappy aim. He was too busy screaming something at me to hold his gun straight. 

I kept my eyes open just to make sure I didn’t fly into any bullets. One of the bullets from his gun was headed straight towards my forehead, I didn’t have enough time to fly out of the way so I did the only thing I could. My head split apart before it could reach me and flew right through my head. I kicked the guy in his jaw with my sneakers, making him do a full circle spin in the air and fall to the ground. 

I didn’t stop there though. I had to deal with the rest inside the vault. I flew towards the vault and saw the remaining three filling their bags with gold bars. It seems they weren’t expecting to see a flying little girl with a heroic passion for justice! I teleported in the middle of them and threw three vine seeds to the floor. They tried to grab me but my vines were faster. The vine seeds grew within seconds and tangled the three criminals in spikey vines. The vines wrapped the three up and they couldn’t move an inch. 

[Flying has reached Rank E!] 

[Flying is a slightly easier now.] 

It was at this time that the cops came in with their guns pointed at us. 

“What in the living fuck...?” 

“Justice has been served!” I told them. I flew past them before they could say anything and went back to the guy that stole my Grandma’s wedding ring. 

I took it out of his pocket and gave it back to my grandma. The bank was filled with cops now and they were all trying to calm the people down along with arresting the criminals. Grandma hugged me once she saw that I was safe and I hugged her back. 

“I did it Grandma! I saved everyone!”  

“Girl you don’t know how worried I was about you...” She hugged me even tighter. 

“I was worried about you even more! I was worried about what if I messed up? What if I didn’t bring one of the robbers down? What if someone got shot?! What if I got shot!? What if you got shot?! What if I couldn’t do this and I wasn’t the hero that I thought I was? What if I was never meant to be a real hero? I...” 

“Penny... You wanted to be a hero ever since you were in diapers. You did a fantastic job saving everyone in the bank girl.” Granny told me. 

“I’m just glad everyone is okay...” 

The police officers asked for everyone's addresses and phone numbers to get in contact with them at a later date for interviews about what happened here. I was asked by one of the police officers to come back to the vault. Grandma refused to let them take me by myself and came with me. She held my hand as we headed inside the vault.  

The police officers were trying to free the robbers from my vines but couldn’t pull it off without stabbing themselves in the process. 

“We need you to get rid of whatever this plant thing is and then take you back to the station for questioning.” 

“You are not taking my granddaughter anywhere for anything. You are not going to treat her like a criminal after saving everyone in this place.” 

I used my telekinesis skill and slowly unwrapped the vines from the criminals, allowing the police to cuff them finally and take them away. My grandma was arguing with the policeman and seemed to be winning in their argument. He couldn’t even add in a word against her and was forced to give up in his goal of taking me to the police station. Grandma said that with an experience like this, I’d be lucky to not need therapy. I had trouble keeping my laughter in, knowing that Grandma was just trying to protect me. 

The policeman couldn’t argue against my Grandma but he didn’t leave without gaining some ground. He said that they’ll find me once it could be seen that I was better and not suffering from this incident anymore. 

“You’d be lucky if she ever gets over this traumatic experience. This could follow her till she’s in her late 20’s!” Grandma told him. 

He turned away and the police officers left the vault. 

“What was that about Grandma?” I asked. 

“I didn’t like the look in his eyes. I met a few men like that back in the army and if there is only one thing they care about, it’s themselves.” 

“What does that mean? He’s selfish? What does that have to do with me not answering some questions?” 

“He didn’t care about you sweetie... He cared about what you could do. Your powers.” Grandma explained. 

“Oooooh.” I exclaimed, still not knowing what the problem was. I was going to use my powers for good so what’s the problem? 

Grandma sighed. I think she could tell I still didn’t understand. 

“You have to be careful with people like that Penny. Be careful around them and watch them carefully or they could do something bad to you or the people you care about.” 

“Okay Grandma, I’ll be careful.” I could tell she was serious so, I made sure to keep her words in my heart. 

“That’s my girl..” She rubbed my hair. 

So, there are bad cops too?” I asked curiously. 

“There are bad people everywhere sweetie.” 

“What about doctors?” 

“Yes, there are bad doctors.” 

“What about teachers?” 

“Yes, there are bad teachers.” 

“What about amusement park owners?” 

“They’re the worst out of them all.” She smiled. 

I couldn’t help but laugh along with her inside the bank. 

[Sudden Quest Completed!] 

[You have saved everyone in the bank with only a few innocents being injured! Good job! Keep spreading justice across the universe Junior Hero!] 

[Rewards: 3 Tickets, Jumbo Candy, $500]

Hmm don't know what to say about this chapter. I don't have any plans for next chapter and will probably make something up once its time to start writing for it. Not the best habit for writers with a release schedule buttt i'm sure i can think of something good once the time comes! 

OOH I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENS AFTER A BANK ROBBERY IS OVER! I tried googled what happens to the people still inside the bank but i couldn't find nothing in my research. So, most of this chapter was done with my lacking headcanon of the law.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

3