Penny and the Amusement Park!
61 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I didn’t think my dad would actually let me come here with you guys.” Tiffany said. 

We were at Adventure Land today. I couldn’t wait to ride all the fun rides and eat all the junk food! We talked about asking our parents if we could come here in our group chat after seeing the amusement park in Sweden. That’s where we got the idea in the first place. Tiffany was the one to suggest it. 

“Yeah, he usually doesn’t ever let you go out without one of our parents coming.” I agreed. 

“It’s probably because of your powers. After I showed my mom and dad my powers, they didn’t even ask me who I was going with.” Olivia shared. 

“Why would they ask you that? You don’t have any other friends besides us anyway.” I joked. 

“I don’t want to hear that from a dork like you.” 

“I know you are but what am I?” 

“A dork! I just told you what you are.” 

“I know you are but what am I?” I repeated with my tongue sticking out at her. 

“Girls. This is no time for arguing, it’s time for rides!!!”  

Tiffany grabbed us by our hands and dragged us towards one of the big rides to start off. I could swear I saw Olivia’s legs shaking once we arrived in front of the Giant Booster. The ride was absolutely huge! The ride took you up so high that the people on the ground looked like ants! Tiffany really isn’t messing around if she’s starting us off with something like this. 

“Shouldn’t we start off with the small rides before getting on the big rides like this? There’s a proper order to everything…” Olivia said. 

“Are you scared Princess?” I sang. 

“Hmph. I just think that there’s no need to start with this one when we can start with something like that instead.” She pointed to the spinning tea cups. 

“The baby tea cups ride!?” I started laughing. 

“It’ll help us slowly get used to the rides and once we ride enough of the small ones, we can have more fun while riding the big ones.”  

“You’re scared! You’re just making excuses now!” I pointed out. 

“So, what!? I don’t like heights and I'm not riding this ride!” She finally admitted. 

I smiled. Finally, I got one over Olivia. She’s scared to ride this ride while I’m just a bit nervous! Just because I’m nervous doesn’t mean I won’t ride the Giant Booster. As a future hero, how could I be afraid of an amusement park ride? I even have wings to fly with! 

“I’ll wait right here while you two go on it. Enjoy yourselves.” She pulled out her phone and sat on a bench. 

“No way Olivia. You’re going on this ride with us. We’re going to ride every ride here no matter what.” Tiffany’s eyes shined with a terrifying sparkle. 

The power radiating from Tiffany was enough to even scare me. That look in her eyes said that she’s going to really take us on every single ride in Adventure Land no matter what. I was getting nervous now as well. Do you know how many insanely awesome rides are at Adventure Land? Too many for any normal person to go through all at once. Even the high school kids can’t go through Adventure Land completely without puking at least 2 times. 

I couldn’t do it. Even with my powers, I wouldn’t be safe from the dangers of riding every ride here. Making fun of Olivia may have been the wrong decision… If only I knew of Tiffany’s plan beforehand, I could’ve avoided this. I shouldn’t have been in such a rush to make fun of Olivia dang it! 

“Nope. No way am I getting on that thing.” Olivia said. 

Tiffany didn’t take no for an answer. She dragged Olivia by the arm and soon latched onto my arm next. We tried to resist and pull away but Tiffany’s grip was too strong! It was like trying to peel off metal from my wrist!  

“Hey wait a minute Tiffany! I think we should give Olivia’s plan some thought! I mean since we’re riding every ride anyway, why not start with the baby ones first?!” I tried to reason while still trying to free myself. 

“Nope. We’re basically teenagers now. We can’t keep doing kiddy stuff forever.” 

“Pre-teens! Not teenagers! Big difference! Now let me go Tiffany!!!” Olivia screamed. We were getting closer to the front of the line. 

“I definitely won’t let you go Livi. We have to get you out of your comfort zone more. Doing things like this will help you become more of a people’s person.” 

“I don’t see how riding stupid roller coasters could ever help me! I do not like heights and I do not want to ride this ride!” 

“I don’t see why you two are making such a big deal out of this for. We did something way scarier on penguin planet. Penny flew us up a whole mountain! You didn’t act scared then!” 

“That was that and this is this! They aren’t the same! Hey you! Get me out of this seat! If you do not free me from this seat, I swear my parent’s lawyer will ruin your life after I die on this thing!” Olivia threatened the employee, locking us in our seats. 

“Shh… Shh… It’s gonna be okay sweetie. Hold my hand and everything will be fine.” Tiffany whispered. 

Olivia was more shaken up than I ever seen before. She was holding onto her handlebars for dear life and the ride hasn’t even started yet! Tiffany held out her hand and Olivia latched onto it with all her strength. I was pretty nervous myself but Olivia was something else, I couldn’t sit still in my seat and hugged my arms around my handlebars.  

Click-Clack. 

Olivia screamed, making my already jumpy nerves even more nervous. The ride started slowly rising into the air and my body was shaking terribly. 

“I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be on this. I want to go home! Penny get out of your seat and fly me down right now!” She yelled at me. 

“You’re going to be fine babe. You’re freaking out over nothing.” Tiffany tried to tell her. 

“We’re going up pretty high… huh.” I muttered. 

The faces of the people below were becoming more and more distant like little bugs. My stomach felt like it was already dropping into itself and we were nowhere near the top yet. To keep myself from freaking out, I kept looking at the overreacting Olivia and started breathing in and out. I was constantly shaking from excitement and fear but it wasn’t as bad as Olivia’s and some of the other people. 

“Alright folks, you’re almost at 23 stories in the air! That’s exactly 230 feet from the ground! I hope you’re having a blast up there because you’re about to have the fall of a lifetime! In 10, 9, 8…” 

“PENNY! FLY ME DOWN!!!!” 

Olivia’s words were lost to me. I could only focus on my feet dangling in the air so high in the air and the view in front of me. My little feet were so far from the ground. I could see the entire park from up here. Is this what birds see when they’re flying? It’s so amazing but so scary at the same time. I never got this feeling when I flew with my wings. 

My stomach folded into itself like a bad guy who just got punched in the stomach by someone with super strength. The world was falling all around me and turning into a blur. My heart started beating a thousand miles a second and I couldn’t help myself from letting out a panicked scream. The sound of other’s screaming along with me helped get rid of some of my fear but one scream overtook the others by miles, I guessed that it was Olivia but I wasn’t sure. I never heard her scream in a voice like that before. 

Just as soon as it started, it was over just as soon. Our fast descent slowed into a relaxing crawl back to the ground. Electricity rose in my body and the rush and excitement running through me forced me to bounce in my seat. That was the most funnest thing ever! I can’t believe I was scared! That was totally awesome! 

“AGAIN!” I shouted. 

I looked over with a huge smile on my face to see my friends. Tiffany’s hair was a mess but she was smiling too. Olivia looked a complete mess in body and spirit though. Even when the employees came over to unbuckle the seatbelts, she could barely stand on her own. Everyone else was mostly the same but it only took us a few seconds to understand how to walk again. Olivia needed to rely on Tiffany for help even though she looked like she wanted to tear her to pieces. 

“See, now was that so bad?” Tiffany asked. 

“I hate you…”  

“How about we get some food before we try the next one then?” Tiffany offered. 

“I’m 100% gonna puke if I eat something right now.” I said. 

“Don’t even mention eating right now.” Olivia glared. 

“Okay okay. One more ride before we get something to eat, then we can take a break before riding the rest.” Tiffany gave us a small mercy. 

“Thank you, Lord Empress Tiffany. Your mercy will not go unnoticed.” I bowed. 

“I treat all my followers well. Continue to follow me and thou shall be rewarded with treasures unknown to any tweens.” She responded back in a queenly tone. 

“Excuse me, I’m the only royalty around here. Let’s just get this second ride over with so I can take my break already.” 

“That’s the spirit Livi! Let’s go to the Crazy Mine!” 

“You would pick that one…” She groaned. 

“At least this one isn’t too crazy. Just a fast rollercoaster ride with a bunch of turns and no loops.” I added. 

“Whatever...” Olivia shrugged. 

We walked inside the Crazy Mine building and waited in line. The line was pretty long but it was the weekend and it was summer break. So, it made sense why so many people were here on this hot summer day. At least there was AC inside here. It was built like a cave where miners go to mine and there were these glowing rocks spread across the ceiling and walls. I could reach out and touch the lights from where we were standing in line. 

“Have you guys been practicing with your skills?” I asked. 

“Of course.” Olivia scoffed. 

“I’ve been using them every day.” Tiffany shot a selfie of us together making silly faces. 

“Got any new skills yet?” 

“Nope.”  

“I have a weird tingling in my chest whenever I use my power. Is that normal? It has only started happening recently. Before when I used my power, it felt natural and as easy like breathing.” Olivia asked me. 

“I dunno.” I shrugged. 

I never felt anything like that. Not even when I was low on energy and could barely use any of my powers.  My chest never tingled or anything. What else could that feeling be though? Maybe she just needed to go to the doctor or something. Or maybe... 

“Maybe that’s what it feels like when you’re close to ranking up!” I yelled. 

So, I'm about to rank up my superpower?” Olivia asked. 

“I think so!” 

“What happens when our power ranks up again?”  

“It gets better or unlocks a new power.” 

“Hm. Alright then, thanks Penny.” 

“How are you even leveling your power that fast anyway?” I asked. 

She reached into her pockets and pulled out two swords. The swords blinked at us with their eye near the handle and flapped their wings. I reached out and tried to grab them but Olivia smacked my hands before I could. 

“Mean! They look so cute! Come on let me hug one!” I pleaded. 

“Give me the other one so I can hug him too!” Tiffany also asked. 

“No. They are not toys. They are living swords with their own thoughts and feelings.” 

“They can think and feel too?! I thought they were like mindless or obeyed your every command.” I asked. 

“They obey my command because I'm the princess and of course they can think and feel. What would be the point of having brainless subjects to rule over?”  

“I guess that makes sense?” I tried to reason. 

Of course, it does, loser.”  

“I know you are but what am I?”  

“You’re such a child! You can’t even think of a proper comeback to sa---” 

The lights suddenly went off, interrupting Olivia’s sentence. I was about to use one of my skills to try and brighten up the place but then we heard multiple screams at the head of line. Is someone in danger? Does someone need help? If it's just people yelling from the ride, I'm going to be actually embarrassed. 

“Let’s go see what’s happening!” I said, squeezing myself through the confused people. 

“Maybe if we help with whatever’s happening up front, we might be able to skip the line!” Tiffany grinned. 

“Why do I feel like this isn’t going to be anything at all?” Olivia groaned. 

We made it up front and as we were coming into the room, a stray lightning bolt fired above us! It seared deeply across the wall. Getting hit by that wouldn’t be good for anyone, not even me! Seeing it coming towards us made us dive towards the ground for safety. I tried to get a good luck at the person who threw it and spotted him with lightning shooting off his body while laughing. He was wearing some weird blue suit that covered up everything but his face. He looked pretty evil but just in case... 

“Hey! What are you doing here?! Are you trying to hurt people?!” I asked. 

“What am I doing?! I’m showing my whore of a wife the consequences of crossing me!” Electricity flared off his body again. 

Tiffany created some mirrors to deflect the lightning away from everyone while Olivia was getting everyone out of the room and distracted the bad guy with her summons. I created a jester ball and kicked it towards him but it was blasted apart by the lightning before it could even get near him.  

“Dude, maybe you should go see a therapist.” Tiffany suggested. 

“I’M NOT CRAZY!” Lightning shot out of his fingers towards Tiffany. 

Tiffany put a mirror in front of her that redirected the lightning into the empty rollercoaster ride. The ride exploded in a huge boom, knocking most of us to the floor. Shockster, the nickname I've given him, created an electric shield around him which protected him from the blast.  

“No one said you were crazy.” Tiffany told him. 

“She just said that you might needed some help.” I added. 

“I know what you really mean! I know what everyone is thinking! I’m crazy! I have anger issues! I can’t hold a job to save my life! I can’t take care of my own kids! I’m ugly! I’m a loser! But now that I have this alien suit, nothing will ever get to me again! I can do anything now! And teaching that slut and Jermaine a lesson is the first thing I'm going to do! I know they’re here together somewhere! I’m going to find them!” 

We were stunned into silence. This guy has bigger issues than we thought. But that wasn’t important right now, the damage he was causing was. I warned Tiffany and Olivia to stand back. I opened my mouth wide and felt the energy within me bubbling together in the back of my throat. I screamed out a laser beam that headed straight towards Shockster. The bright bluish white beam spiraled as it made its way towards his chest. The large amount of energy it took me from left me kneeling on the ground. 

If this didn’t work, I’d have to rely on Olivia and Tiffany to deal with this bad guy. Tiffany placed mirrors in front of the entrance to prevent any innocents from getting hurt and coming inside the room. Olivia was giving her two new subjects orders on how to attack Shockster. She summoned two Waddle Doos that were jumping around whipping Shockster with their beams of energy. Once they saw my mouth laser, they jumped away and stood in front of Olivia. 

“What kind of girls are you!? Why do you have powers too!? Did you find alien technology as well?!” He shot his own lightning towards my laser and they clashed!


Fun fact: Tiffany and Olivia were never planned to be part of this story until the making of chapter 2!

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

2