Penny and the Food Fight!
63 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His lightning was definitely strong but I could feel my laser slowly pushing back his attack. If things kept going at this pace, he was definitely going to lose against me! I put even more power into my beam and now it was inches away from blasting into him. This guy is way stronger than he looks, that alien suit must be made from someone super smart! 

“No!!! I won’t lose before I can find my ex-wife!” Lightning shot out from his feet and launched him through the roof of the Crazy Mine building. 

My special laser attack drilled through the destroyed rollercoaster ride and broke through the wall on the other side, twisting through the air before vanishing. I dropped to the floor on my hands and knees. It felt like I just ran an entire mile on the school track, I couldn’t catch my breath and felt powerless. We couldn’t let him get away! 

“Tiffany, Olivia, go get Shockster without me! I’ll catch up in a second!” I wheezed out. 

Shockster?” Olivia questioned. 

“Sweet name P.” TIffany complimented me. 

Olivia summoned two Owgulfs, flying owl enemies from Kirby. They hopped onto their backs and chased after Shockster while I reached into my superhero-themed book bag and took out the stamina potion I got on penguin planet. I took a small sip and felt my energy coming back to me. It was rushing through me super-fast and made me feel good enough to fight again! I wasn’t at 100% but good enough to move. 

My wings came out of my back, ruining my shirt in the process. I flew out of the hole made by Shockster and looked around for any signs of him or my friends. The sounds of people screaming would normally point a hero to the place of danger but in the amusement park everyone was screaming. If my ears wouldn’t help me, I would just have to fly higher and look for electricity or people running away in terror. I flapped my wings as I soared higher in the sky. 

To my left was just the giant Ferris wheel, no signs of anyone running away or lightning. Ahead of me were the fast and most popular rides in Adventure Land. There was no one acting strangely over there either. This was taking too long! Olivia or Tiffany could be in trouble while I'm sitting here doing nothing! I started flying as fast as I could around the park, keeping my eyes open for anything out of the ordinary. 

As I was flying, a mirror suddenly appeared in front of me and I flew right inside of it! I screamed as I was suddenly in front of Tiffany. Did I just get teleported by her mirrors!? When could she do that!?  

“A little warning would’ve been nice Tiff. I thought I was about to die!”  

“Sorry fam, I didn’t know how else to get your attention up there. Olivia is protecting the two Shockster is after with her cuties. I’ve been holding him back with my mirrors and I don’t know how tough that black suit is to know how bad I can hurt him. Also what’s with your top?” She told me. 

“It’s fine. Try and protect the people from his lightning. I’ll try and take him down for good or that suit of his. And my wings kind of ruined it.” 

“How dare you try and protect that fucking bitch!? She's ruined my fucking life! I’m not the bad guy here! She’s getting everything she deserves!” He sprayed lightning towards Olivia and the couple behind her. 

Olivia gritted her teeth and held her hand over her chest as a big purple orb appeared in her hand. It bounced off her hand and fell to the ground. The two umbrella wielding Waddle Dees vanished away and a much larger figure took their place. It was a Colossal Waddle Dee! It towered over the three and crossed its arms to defend against the lightning streams. I used this chance while Shockster was busy and flew towards him from the side. 

“Take this Shockster!” I grew a rose from the palm of my hand and threw the rose bud at Shockster. 

Shockster? My name is Anthony!” His lightning was doing more and more damage to Colossal Dee. 

My rose bud hit him directly in the stomach and soon exploded in an awesome flowery explosion! That was a combination between my Flower Creation skill and Bomb Generation skill! It was one of the only ways I could hurt Shockster without getting myself hurt or possibly hurting him more than I needed to. My other skills that could hurt him more than needed would send any normal person to the hospital. I couldn’t use those on people until I had more experience with them. 

Shockster was sent flying through the Adventure Land logo. Tiffany and I flew over to the downed villain. His suit wasn’t shooting off lightning anymore and he was knocked out. I guess all that damage it took caused it to break or stop working. Tiffany created a dome of mirrors around him. 

“Just in case his suit starts working again.” She told me. 

Olivia came over by herself. Colossal Dee was gone and most of the people were staring at us and recording with their phones but staying a good distance away from us. An announcement on the speakers grabbed our attention. 

“Adventure Land will be closing for today due to an incident! Everyone please begin exiting the park within 30 minutes. Please exit in a calm and orderly manner.” 

“Did anyone call the police?” I asked. 

Tiffany and Olivia shook their heads. In the distance, I could see a couple of people with the word Security on their uniforms coming. That’s good, at least we won’t have to watch over this guy till the police came. The adults can handle it for us. In the meantime, I started putting on a backup shirt I brought in my book bag just in case I had to use my wings today. 

“The security for the park is coming.” I told them. 

“Can they even handle this guy? What if when he wakes up, he just shocks them before getting away?” Olivia asked. 

“Maybe I can try something...” Tiffany said. 

She crouched down and leaned over Shockster’s body. She started touching the suit with her fingers before finding a spot and placing her ear over his chest. She shook him and then got back up. 

“It’s out of energy.” She explained. 

“And how in the world did you figure that out?” Olivia asked. 

“My tech skill fam. Trying to understand how that suit worked even let me go up to Rank E.” She answered. 

“What?! That’s so cool Tiff!” I told her. 

So, does that mean you know how that suit works now?”  

“Barely. I just know that it isn’t from Earth and needs to be charged with a lot of electricity. There is some other stuff about it but its super complicated alien junk that I don’t understand.” 

“What if we take it off of him?” I asked. 

“Go ahead Penny.” Olivia waved her hand. 

That response was a little weird. I looked over Shockster’s body again and suddenly noticed a super gross discovery.  

“Okay that’s really really really gross! Why didn’t you tell me about that Olivia?!” I yelled at her. 

“I didn’t think you were blind and stupid. I noticed it back at Crazy Mine.” She scoffed. 

Haha ew... It’s so tiny but you can see it so clearly. Why isn’t he wearing any clothes under his suit?” 

“A disgusting pervert and a criminal all in one. We should hurt him a bit more before Security comes.” Olivia suggested. 

“I seriously didn’t wanna see a grown man’s junk today...” I crouched with my hands over my face. 

The security guards came over to us. It was 2 guys and a woman. They questioned us about what happened here and the people in the surroundings came over to explain what happened. It was a bunch of people that saw us take this guy down so, the three security guards were overwhelmed by the number of people trying to explain. Olivia grabbed me and Tiffany by the hand, leading us away from the intense situation and at a food stand a bit away. 

“Why did you take us away?” I asked. 

“Because I'm hungry. Dealing with those guards would’ve taken up too much of my time. We dealt with the villain, our job is done.”  

“We still could’ve made sure he didn’t wake up and caused trouble for the security guards.” 

“Then go and do that Penny since you care so much.” Olivia rolled her eyes. 

I didn’t like her tone so I was debating on going back and doing what I said. I stood up from the table and was about to leave but I was suddenly betrayed by one of my closest allies! My stomach growled so loudly people at the other tables could even hear it! I didn’t even have the power to stop myself from blushing and I sat back down at the table. Tiffany and Olivia were laughing as I buried myself in my hands. 

“Okay! Fine I guess I can leave it to the Security guards. What do you two want?” I asked. 

“Funnel Cake.” They both answered. 

“Huh I guess I'll eat the chicken fingers then.” 

“I’m not sharing my funnel cake with you Penny.” Olivia saw through me. 

“I wasn’t planning on eating your funnel cake anyway!” I stuck my tongue out at her and left the table. 

I paid for our food and was on my way to bring it back to the table. But... before I got over there, I should take a teeny bite of one of these funnel cakes. These funnel cakes were pretty big, I’m sure Olivia won’t mind if a part of hers is missing. Giggling to myself, as I took a piece of Olivia’s funnel cake and ate the delicious sugary dough. 

Once I sat back down at the table and gave Tiffany and Olivia their food, I dug into my paper bowl filled with chicken fingers. 

“Penny.” Olivia said with her serious voice. “Why is there a bite mark on my funnel cake?” 

“It came like that.” I lied. 

“Penny! You are so!!!” She lunged at my bowl of chicken fingers and stole 3 of them to shove in her mouth. 

“What the heck Olivia!? I didn’t say you could get some! Now it’s only fair that I get some of yours.” I reached over to her funnel cake and tried to tear a piece off but she slapped the back of my hand, hard. 

I sucked in my teeth at the pain. 

“Don’t touch my food you disgusting gremlin!” 

“HISS!!!” I bared my teeth at her and Tiffany just started losing it in her seat. 

Laughing so loudly other people started looking at our table.  

“This isn’t funny! It’s disgusting! Eating off other people when other people have so many germs. It’s so gross!”  

“You can have my funnel cake then Olivia. I haven’t touched it yet because I was too busy laughing at you two.” She pushed her plate over to Olivia and took hers. 

“Thank you...” She said before glaring at me with a purple orb hovering above her hand. “Try me Penny...” 

“You’re only making me want to do it more.” I grinned. 

“I will hurt you.” 

“That’s if you can catch me!” I quickly reached for her funnel cake. 

Her purple orb turned into a Scarfy that bit down on my hand before I could reach the sugary goodness, I screamed. Its teeth were biting into my hand and I used my telekinesis to unlatch it from my hand. 

“I told you to stop.” Olivia smiled while eating her funnel cake. 

“You jerk! It’s just some food!” I kicked the chair’s leg from under her, making her fall down and hit her head. 

“I’m going to end you Penny!” She shot back up and summoned a big sword that was about to slam into me. 

“The squad can’t be fighting over something like this.” Tiffany said, using multiple mirrors to block Olivia’s sword. The swords broke the mirrors to pieces but managed to stop the sword from hitting me. 

“Let’s just eat our food and stop messing with each other okay girls?”  

We didn’t respond and just kept glaring at each other. 

“Good!” Tiffany clapped her hands and we all started eating our food. 

Olivia totally didn’t need to go that far. What’s the big deal anyway? It’s just some stupid food. She didn’t need to freak out over it and actually hurt me over it. I was just kidding anyway... maybe... 

 

We spent most of the walk out of the park in silence. We didn’t even look at each other and when we accidentally made eye contact, we rolled our eyes and looked away. I can be mad too. I can ignore her just like she’s ignoring me. She didn’t need to act like such a jerk in the first place. 

“Girls, this is hella awkward. Can you two just apologize and act normal again.” Tiffany broke the silence. 

“I have nothing to apologize for. If anything, she’s the one who started the whole thing.”  

“It was just a joke. If you didn’t freak out so badly over some food this wouldn’t have happened.” 

“You know I hate it when people touch my food!” 

“What’s the big deal!? I could’ve bought you a new one!” 

“I didn’t want a new one, I wanted that one! Just don’t touch other people’s food! It’s that simple!” 

“You still didn’t need to bite me over it...” 

“How else were you gonna stop? If I told you to stop? Which I did, like a million times and you still didn’t stop.” 

“Fine! I should’ve stopped when you wanted but you should apologize for the bite!” 

“You first.” 

“No you apologize first.” 

“No you.” 

“No you!” 

“NO YOU!” 

“FINE! I’M SORRY FOR MESSING WITH YOUR FOOD AND MAKING YOU FALL!” 

“Hmph. I guess I'm sorry for getting Scarfy to bite you and trying to hit you with my sword.” 

“Can we just go back to normal now and be friends?” I asked with my arms crossed. 

“I don’t see why not. Since you apologized and I forgave you.” 

“You don’t know how happy I am you two didn’t drag this silly fight out.” Tiffany hugged us both. 

After the group hug, Olivia grabbed my hand and pulled out a bandage from her purse. She started wrapping it around my bit hand while avoiding eye contact with me. 

“This is just for my healing skill loser and stop looking at me like that already!” A wide smile propped up on my face. 

When she was finished bandaging my wound, I gave her a big hug and spun her around. 

“Thank you, Olivia! 

“Let me down idiot! Didn’t I say that this was just for my healing skill! I wasn’t worried about your stupid hand at all!” She blushed. 

I let her down and I could see her trying not to smile.  

“When are you gonna be cool with showing your feelings around us girl? We’re besties! We know how you think and what you’re feeling.” Tiffany said. 

“I’m not hiding anything.” She lied badly. Her cheeks were still flushed and since her skin was so light, we could easily see her turning red. 

“You are the worst at lying and hiding your feelings you know.” Tiffany giggled. 

“Shut up already! Let’s just go home.” She started walking away from us. 

Adventure Land wasn’t that far away from our neighborhood. It would still take a while for us to walk all the way home though but we didn’t mind. It was still bright out and if we got sick of walking, I could fly us to our houses! Having powers was so awesome... 


We're gonna be dealing with these type of chapters for a little bit until I feel like its time to step into the next arc. My focus will be expanding the world, developing the characters, and overall being an enjoyable action, adventure, comedy read.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

2