Tiffany and the Farm!
64 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Put on your seatbelts.” My dad said before starting the car. 

“Are you excited to see Granny and Grandpa Tiffany?” My mom asked me while I was checking how many likes I was getting on my social for my latest pic. 

“TBH, not really. Granny doesn’t even have WiFi at her farm and I feel like I'm gonna be doing lame farm stuff all weekend.” 

“You got that right. Getting away from all that technology will be good for you. There’s nothing like living the farm life that will teach a child what they need to know growing up.” 

“Whatever Dad. It’s like you’re living in the 1900s. Nobody but you thinks that doing farm work is going to make a kid turn out better.” I told him. 

“It worked for me and look at me now. A responsible, proper adult who knows the values of hard work and responsibility.” 

"Pfft!” I barely held in my laughter and just continued tapping on my phone. 

“It’s just going to be two days Tiff. It’ll be over before you know it.” My mom said. 

Just because it was going to be two days doesn’t mean I was gonna feel better about it. Granny lives too far away for us to just pop up and say hello. So, whenever we go to visit we have to spend the night. I love Grandma and Grandpa but man I hate having to do work on the farm when I could be on my phone doing something else. They always say just because I'm young I should be working or moving. I do be working and that’s making sure my follower count is increasing every day. 

When I was younger, I used to love visiting my grandparents and helping them around the farm. Feeding the animals was my favorite part as a kid but as I grew up Grandpa started making me do more and more work on the farm. He didn’t care that I was a girl and wanted to play with my dolls or help Grandma cook and clean. He says that everyone should know how to do something as simple as this. I think that’s around the time I started to hate coming to my grandparent’s place. 

I still love them like a lot but I hate working on the farm! I’m not as upset as I usually am when going over their place. With my lit superpowers, taking care of the farm will be a piece of cake. Like I'm about to slay any farm work with my powers. Grandpa won’t even know what to do after I'm done.  

“I heard that some weird things have been going on at the farm Jamal.” My mom said. 

“It’s probably just coyotes again. I’ll deal with them when I get the chance.”  

“But your mom said that it couldn’t be a coyote that did something like that. All the blood was drained out of them though.” 

“Not in front of Tiffany...” 

“Uhm, excuse me? I’m a whole superhero basically. I can deal with a vampire Dad.”  

“It’s not a vampire. Vampires aren’t real and this is grown folk business.” 

“It sounds like to me there’s a vampire hiding on Grandpa’s farm and you don’t want me to get rid of it.” 

It's not a vampire and I'll handle whatever it is when I get there.” 

“I know you were in the military dad but that doesn’t mean you can beat a vampire. Vampires can’t be killed with guns. We need a wooden stake or garlic or true love to deal with this vampire.” 

“True love?” My mom asked. 

“Princess Vampire doesn’t need to suck blood to eat because she’s in love with Prince Werewolf and Prince Werewolf doesn’t eat people because he’s in love with Princess Vampire.” 

“That sounds stupid.” My dad said. 

“It’s not stupid dad! It’s how this stuff works! You don’t even know how to make an email account without my help how would you know anything!” 

“Because I'm your father and older than you, also lower your voice young lady.” 

“Maybe she could help you Jamal. Her powers could make sure you both are safe from whatever it is on the farm and you can protect her with your dad’s shotgun.” 

“I’m not putting her in danger.” 

“I can handle myself dad. I can even beat you in a fight.” 

“Heh. Okay sweetie.” I could tell he didn’t believe me. 

“I’m serious! I already dealt with bad guys with my friends. I can do stuff!” 

“I’m sure you have sweetie. Now can you stop distracting me while I'm driving. It’s dark out and I need to keep my eyes focused on the road.” 

“Fine. Don’t believe me.” 

I’ll just deal with the vampire myself... I’m totally a heroine already. I helped protect tons of people. Now I just gotta protect the farm animals from a vampire. It’s gotta be way easier than saving a planet from an alien criminal. 

We spent the rest of the car ride in silence. I was on my phone the entire time and didn’t get a wink of sleep. The tiredness didn’t kick in until my phone’s signal went to 0 bars. Once we were driving up the dirt road, I saw Grandma and Grandpa waving at us from the porch. Dad parked us on the side of the house and I woke Mom up. We got out of the car and I could see them smiling at us with big smiles. 

“There’s my granddaughter! Come and give me a hug.” Grandpa held his arms out. 

I hugged him and then hugged Grandma next.  

“She’s getting so big... Last time I saw ya you were about the size of my knee weren't ya?” 

“No way, I was that small Grandpa.” I rolled my eyes and smiled. 

“You’re becoming a beautiful young lady. It’s a good thing you look like your mother. Your daddy wasn’t a pretty kid.” Grandma said, making everyone laugh. 

“He was uglier than a sack of manure.” Grandpa jokes, getting another laugh out of us. 

“Alright alright. Enough jokes about me, mom and dad. Let’s get inside. It’s been a long drive over here.” Dad said. 

We went inside and went to the living room. My hands naturally went to my phone, only reminding me that there was no signal out here. We all sat on the couches and Grandma turned on the television. They only had basic cable out here which meant they had nothing good on tv. If I had some signal, I could watch my shows on my phone. Maybe I could figure something out with my tech skill...  

Mom and Dad talked with Grandpa and Grandma while I tried figuring out a way to make my phone better. I took off the back and pulled out the battery and started taking the phone apart carefully with some tools I got from Grandpa’s garage. There were some videos online that showed phone batteries exploding or lighting on fire if messed with wrong. To make sure I didn’t do that, I placed it to the side and used some of the knowledge I got from my skill and that alien suit to try and upgrade my phone.  

My grandparents didn’t get technology just like my dad but they did have a bunch of tools I could use to open up my phone and mess with the circuits and chips.  

“Sweetie what are you fiddling with over there?” Grandpa asked. 

“I’m using one of my powers to try and upgrade my phone into a better one.” 

“Powers? What are you talking about?” Grandma asked. 

I worked on my phone with one hand and raised my other to create a mirror in front of my grandparents. I made the mirror slowly float around them before shattering it into pieces and disappearing. 

“Oh my god....” 

“Honey! When could you do this?! Did you two know about this?!”  

“We just found out ourselves not too long ago.” Dad said. 

“She said her friend gave it to her on an alien planet.” Mom told them. 

Grandma and Grandpa were totally shocked and confused. They kept asking Mom and Dad about my powers when they could’ve just asked me. It’s not like we were keeping our powers secrets or anything. We showed them off a lot when we beat up that bad guy at Adventure Land. Upgrading this phone was a lot harder than I thought it would be... If I had whatever stuff that alien suit ran on, I probably could’ve given my phone infinite battery. 

“What else can you do with your power Tiffany?” Grandpa asked me. 

“I can do all sorts of dope stuff Grandpa.” I put together back my phone and turned it on. 

“Apparently she could beat me up if she used her powers she said.” Dad laughed. 

“Isn’t that great then? She won’t have to worry about any aggressive boys coming after her.” 

“You got that right Grandma! My boyfriend will have to respect me and my wishes.” 

“Boyfriend!? What little boys are you talking to young lady!?” My dad shouted. 

“Calm down Jamal. It’s perfectly normal for Tiffany to be interested in boys at her age. You can’t be the only man in her life forever.” Mom said. 

“It’s too early! When she’s 18 and I've approved of the boy will she be able to have a boyfriend.” 

“I’m weak. Dad you extra AF. I’m definitely not waiting till I'm 18 to get a whole boyfriend.” 

“If I have anything to do with it, you are.” 

“I’m dead. You cray cray forreal dad.” My phone finally turned on and it worked! 

I have a full signal at my Grandpa’s place! It also seemed like my phone was working better than before! Switching between apps and having them pop up was much faster. I was about to check up on my social media for any new comments or DMs and then turn on one of my shows, but Grandpa wanted me and Dad to help him feed the animals. If I could groan without getting in trouble, I would totally scream right now. I went out to the car to get a change of clothes that wouldn’t get ruined by working in the farm and went back inside the house to get changed. My dad and Grandpa were waiting for me in the backyard and when I arrived, we got started on feeding all the animals.  

If we got started like this, we probably wouldn’t be done until noon. Grandpa had a lot of animals to take care of. I didn’t know how he and Grandma took care of these when they’re so old. They should hire some people to help around the farm or something. I wouldn’t want them to get hurt and then not be able to take care of themselves anymore. 

I slapped my dad and grandpa on the back and split them into four. Splitting the adults would be better than splitting myself. I am just a girl. My dad and grandpa looked at their different colored copies with shock. I recorded them with my phone while laughing at how confused they were. Dad’s copies were black, green, and pink. Brown was his original skin color. Grandpa’s copies were red, blue, and white.  

“Since when could you do this?!” Dad asked me. 

“What in the Sam hell is going on?!” Grandpa shouted. 

“Chillax. I told you I could do all sorts of dope stuff. This is just another one of them.” 

“What is going on Tiffany?” Dad questioned. 

“I just made copies of you two so that we can get done quicker. Your copies know everything you do and can do everything you can. They just look different.” 

“You’re me?” Dad asked one of his copies. 

“Are you me?!” Green Dad asked normal dad. 

“When did you marry your wife?” Pink Dad asked Black Dad. 

“On December in 2000. We went out to eat at that fancy resturant and I proposed to her there.” Black Dad answered. 

Grandpa was also talking with his copies and I was starting to think this was a bigger deal to them than I thought it was. They are getting too distracted. This wasn’t supposed to be this confusing or strange. It’s just copies of yourself but with different colors. 

“Chop! Chop! It’s time to feed the animals people! Some of us have things to do that isn’t talking with ourselves!” I clapped my hands. 

This brought them out of their confusion and excitement. They finally started getting to work. We split up to handle each animal. Dads would feed the cows. Grandpas would feed the pigs and I would feed the chickens and roosters. I unlocked the fence and walked into their part of the yard. The chicken cage was filled with a bunch of chickens. It was roomy enough to give all the chickens enough space to move around. I opened the cage and let them out into the garden.  

They dashed and ran around on the grass as I went to get the chicken feed and scooped it up with the scooper and threw it on the grass. The little farm birds came flying and running over to pick at it and eat. While they were munching down, I also took out some lettuce and put it in a different pile just in case some didn’t want to eat the grains. 

Seeing my dads and grandpas moving around the backyard together made me wonder about something. I placed my hands on the bag of grains and bag of lettuce before trying to use my power. The energy flowing through my body went into the bags and I controlled that energy to separate it into four by making a cross. The bags split into 4 each and had different colors too. My splitting power didn’t just work on people! I could split things too! That’s totally Guppi! 

I looked inside the different colored bags and saw that the food was a different color too!  

‘Does it taste different too or is it just a different color?’  

Well I definitely wasn’t going to eat the food meant for chickens to find out. I’ll just have to wait till its dinner time and split some food there if I want to find out. For now, I'll just finish up here and head over to one of my Grandpas to see if he wants anything else done. I locked the gate as I left and headed towards Blue Grandpa. His clothes, skin, and even eyes were all shades of blue. He was filling up the pig’s pen with water for them to drink or roll around in. Whichever one they felt like doing. 

“I’m done feeding the chickens.” I told him. 

“Ah ya done already Tiffany? You can go back in the house now. Me and the boy can handle the rest for now. I’ll call ya out again when I need ya.”  

“Kay Gramps. See ya.” I pulled out my phone and immediately turned on Princess Vampire. 

I paused it at the intro before it could begin because I was really hungry and needed to get some food of my own. In the kitchen, Grandpa and Grandma didn’t have much for snacks or modern food like pizza, pizza rolls, macaroni, and stuff like that. They didn’t live close to any supermarkets, so they usually cooked whatever they grew on the farm. I brought my own food though to cook and eat that I knew my grandparents wouldn’t have! Mom put my food in the deep freezer while I was out in the backyard. I splitting all of my food with my powers and took out my favorite pizza brand and started cooking it in the oven. The one that had normal colors not one of the colored copies. 

After putting my food in the oven, I went back to the living room with Mom and Grandma. They were watching some old romance show on tv and talking about other stuff. I sat on the couch with one of my earbuds and was about to watch my show until my food was ready before I remembered what I did in the backyard. I grabbed my phone and split it into 4 phones! I love Penny so much for giving me this power! 


I was thinking about doing a 2 part chapter for both Olivia and Tiffany since they got powers from the Kirby system too but I'm kind of unimaginative and lazy. Thinking of situations to develop their characters or personalities while also giving them things to do with their powers is a bit hard. 

But anyway we'll be back with Penny in about 3 chapters and tell me your thoughts on Tiffany from what you read this chapter and the previous chapters. I wanna make sure i'm writing her right.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

3